BlueElephant
Topic Author

F1 2007-United States

Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:16 am

Alright guys, the Canada Thread got a bit Long and as we have another race this week, I thought I'd start a New one....

As promised....

Here we take a Ride around the Indianapolis Circuit with Anthony Davidson, in his 2006 Honda.

A few Interesting things.....

Alonso is ALREADY whining, about his team....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6744297.stm

Todt is Upset that Ferrari's not doing well.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/06/12/todt_rues_lost_points/

Most Importantly.... Kubica is Ok...and wants to Race at Indy.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...6/11/kubica_hopes_to_race_at_indy/

LTU932

RE: F1 2007-United States

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:37 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Thread starter):
Alonso is ALREADY whining, about his team

Well, maybe he should stop whining and start showing good performance. Just look at Lewis Hamilton and how he's done in all of the past races. Six top three finishes out of 6 races, one of those a victory. That's something difficult to achieve for someone, especially a rookie. Alonso is winning, but not racing at his best, while Hamilton has exceeded expectations to an unprecedented level.

Todt is Upset that Ferrari's not doing well

Todt has good reasons for it. For starters, Kimi Räikönnen, the new number 1 driver, has not lived up to expectations at all, and Massa, while still the better driver in terms of performance, needs to control his temper. Plus the car doesn't seem to be at its best as well. What's missing at Ferrari is a driver who can not only drive, but also has enough knowledge of mechanical stuff and aerodynamics, so he can have the crew do the proper adjustments to the car. Michael Schumacher was one of those people, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if he goes back to F1 as chief engineer or something.

Most Importantly.... Kubica is Ok...and wants to Race at Indy.

Great to know he's OK. But if I were him, I'd take a break and not race in Indy, and have some time to reflect on things.

GSM763

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:44 am

OK guys....still time to join me there...... Big grin

Well, every time ive attended (04-) its been Ferrari 1-2s, so Ill predict the same, just based on history.

And Jean Todt can shove it up his arse, he didnt sign my hat last year, I got Schumi, Felipe, and Brawn on my hat but not Jean Todt....  banghead   butthead 

Wink  Big grin

bill142

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 1):
Alonso is winning, but not racing at his best, while Hamilton has exceeded expectations to an unprecedented level.

Alonso just needs to step back, take a deep breath and then attack again. The smart money will still be on Alonso for the championship.

Great to know he's OK. But if I were him, I'd take a break and not race in Indy, and have some time to reflect on things.

BMW would be wise to give him the weekend off. He still needs to be cleared by the FIA doctor before he can race again.

Quoting GSM763 (Reply 2):
And Jean Todt can shove it up his arse, he didnt sign my hat last year, I got Schumi, Felipe, and Brawn on my hat but not Jean Todt....

That's because Jean Todt is a wanker.

sudden

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Kimi Räikönnen, the new number 1 driver

When was this announced? I must have missed out on something.
Still, Ferrari is not showing the performance that we all know they are capable of. But they have been able to pull their act together before and the season is long. I think it can be an interesting second half.

He's a race driver so try to tell him that he should take it easy, while he is used to drive around at speeds you and I can only dream about.  Smile
Saw an interview on CNN yesterday with him, and he will race at Indi. if he gets the green light from the doctor.

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 3):
Alonso just needs to step back, take a deep breath and then attack again. The smart money will still be on Alonso for the championship.

In the end, I think he will show why he is the 2 time champ. Mind over muscle, sort of.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

Springbok747

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:59 pm

Quoting GSM763 (Reply 2):
Well, every time ive attended (04-) its been Ferrari 1-2s, so Ill predict the same, just based on history.

They need a 1-2. Hope they get one in the US.

Alonso needs to relax...but I'm sure Hamilton will give him a run for his money, but seriously, who is expecting Hamilton to win the championship? Alonso will come through in the end...I can't see the Ferrari boys coming back to win the championship...
אני תומך בישראל

LTU932

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 4):
When was this announced? I must have missed out on something.

Number 1 in the team. I mean, the people in Maranello wouldn't be paying major dollars for a driver if it wasn't for the purpose of making him number 1, would they?

scbriml

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 4):
But they have been able to pull their act together before and the season is long.

Yes, but previously they had that German bloke driving. wink 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

BA777

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:18 pm

I'll register generic support for all British involvement...

sudden

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:57 pm

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 7):
Yes, but previously they had that German bloke driving

Who???? Big grin

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 5):
Alonso needs to relax...but I'm sure Hamilton will give him a run for his money, but seriously, who is expecting Hamilton to win the championship? Alonso will come through in the end...I can't see the Ferrari boys coming back to win the championship...

checkmark  Alonso is able to come back and win it. He's done it before, but the difference this time is the guy he's fighting is in exactly the same car. I wouldn't write off Ferrari just yet. One or two bad races for McLaren will bring them right back into the game. Raikkonen has a 21 point deficit and Massa 15 points it's a big ask but at this point in the season it's still possible. There are still 11 races left.

sudden

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 10):
I wouldn't write off Ferrari just yet. One or two bad races for McLaren will bring them right back into the game. Raikkonen has a 21 point deficit and Massa 15 points it's a big ask but at this point in the season it's still possible. There are still 11 races left.

I agree. A lot can happen, and will happen as well.
For ex., if Ferrari is not picking up their pace again, Sauber will hunt them down for second place.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

LTU932

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:17 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 11):
For ex., if Ferrari is not picking up their pace again, Sauber will hunt them down for second place.

Especially Nick Heidfeld. That man, after years of being in the bottom of the rankings, is on a roll right now. He could do something for Sauber which people like Heinz-Harald Frentzen were never able to do: put them in the top 3.

nosedive

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 12):
Sauber which people like Heinz-Harald Frentzen were never able to do: put them in the top 3.

...and that's bad...why  Wink The BMW looked quick at Canada, can it also be quick on other high speed circuits like Indy and Monza?
Dear media....STOOF
Signed,
Ron Dennis

Will he drive?

Sad that I won't be at Indy this year. Say what you want about the track layout. The Atmosphere is great. Speaking of IMS, who was "the voice of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway-" the fmr on track announcer. I remember in qualy 2004, Rubens broke the road course record (yay) and the announcer came on with the famous "a new track record!" My dad smiled at me and said he was happy I got to hear him, as there is no way in hell the Indycars will be able to break the oval record, as the cars would be going just too fast. Damn shame "the voice" retired.

LTU932

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:58 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 13):
...and that's bad...why The BMW looked quick at Canada, can it also be quick on other high speed circuits like Indy and Monza?
Dear media....STOOF
Signed,
Ron Dennis

And you're having a driver, who's being paid big bucks and won 2 world championships, who isn't delivering the performance he was supposed to perform, while you're outstanding rookie is doing much better than the guy you hired. Be warned: we're coming!  Wink

Signed,
Dr. Mario Theissen

bill142

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:23 am

He could do something for Sauber which people like Heinz-Harald Frentzen were never able to do: put them in the top 3.

Saubers issue was they never had the cash to move forward. They finnished fourth in 2001, but third is a realistic goal for this season.

Will he drive?

As much as I would like to see Kubica drive, it's probably in his best interests to take a week off. Another crash could be dangerous.

legoguy

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:39 am

Especially Nick Heidfeld. That man, after years of being in the bottom of the rankings, is on a roll right now. He could do something for Sauber which people like Heinz-Harald Frentzen were never able to do: put them in the top 3.

Many of us keep mentioning that Hamilton has made literally no mistakes this season. I believe Heidfeld has been as consistant has Hamilton! This season he has really shown that he can race at the top end of the grid and has really impressed me this season.

So far this season he has finished in 4th, 4th, 4th, 6th, and 2nd, along with one retirement. That is quite consistant and with BMW looking faster each race, perhaps he will be challenging Kimi Raikkonen for a championship position unless Ferrari as a team improve. If he continues this fine form, I am confident we will see him at BMW next year instead of Vettel.

But damn! Get rid of that beard!

I look forward to an exciting US grandprix and will be looking out for some of you guys on the large screens around the track making asses of your selves!  

[Edited 2007-06-14 03:06:40]
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

GSM763

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:49 am

Say what you want about the track layout. The Atmosphere is great.

absolutely, a million times over.

bill142

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:25 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 16):
If he continues this fine form, I am confident we will see him at BMW next year instead of Vettel.

I don't think there has ever been a real question over Heidfelds seat at the team. Kubica has always been the one who needed to prove himself. The big problem for BMW is that other teams might take an interest in him, Renault would probably be the only team he would move to as McLaren and Ferrari line ups are probably sorted for the next 2 - 3 seasons and anywhere else is career suicide.

nosedive

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:49 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 15):
Will he drive?

As much as I would like to see Kubica drive, it's probably in his best interests to take a week off. Another crash could be dangerous.

Which is what the article stated  Wink

And the big question: 2008?
Bernie has done this shit with George since 2003. I say 2003 b/c 2003 was the last yr the race was held in the fall. A few years ago it was 2 races, with a possible race in Vegas. However, I keep going back to one point: Who is going to lose a race? The Auto companies like how much $$$ we spend on cars, but the lack of a GP won't stop Ferrari from selling Ferraries to Americans, IMO.

CBS Sucks
STFU producers. I'd rather hear LouHam over Dario.

Memo to Skyper drivers: Stop crashing or we're sacking you!

Prodrive update!

Even more evidence that F1's future is not in Europe
As if the night races and India in 2009 weren't enough...

ltbewr

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:50 am

As to Hamilton not being on a major national talk show like David Letterman, it was dumb. Just for being a rookie with his exceptional preformance as well as winning a race one of the top levels of auto racing in the world is good reason for him to be on. That he is the 1st person of African herritage to ever particpate and win in F1 should have also been a good reason for him to be on.
Problem is that Letterman is a partner with Rahal in a team in the IRL, he wanted to promote a winner in the big race in the area of car racing he is involved in and a driver married to a well known movie star (Ashley Judd). Then too, F1 racing is way behind in interest in the USA, something many of his viewers even know about or follow. Another possible reason is that not the CBS Network that Letterman is seen on, but competitor Fox network, will carry the live coverage of the Indy F1 race, did the Canada race and it's owned Speed Network does the other F1 race coverage in the USA. CBS had the contract for many CHAMP car races, a competitor to IRL in the USA as to top level open wheel racing.
Good point about Hedfield not getting the attention he deserves. His several 4ths, only one dnf, and a 2nd in 6 races suggests he is very competive himself and has a pretty good car. Hopefully a few more podiums for him and his team.
I do hope Kubika skips Indy so he can fully recover and be healthy for the rest of the season.
The Speed channel is covering the qualifiying and tuning sessions Thursday/Friday/Saturday in the USA with Fox network carring the race in the USA on Sunday. By the way, our F1 coverage gets the video feed from the F1 network, but we have commentators at Speed's headquarters in North Carolina instead of the race site.
Lets see if Hamilton can get another podium finish. What is the record for consecutive podium finishes for a rookie or for any driver in modern F1 racing?

legoguy

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:13 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 20):
What is the record for consecutive podium finishes for a rookie or for any driver in modern F1 racing?

Hamilton is the first man ever to claim 3 podium spots within his first 3 races in Formula One. I guess now he is the first man to claim 6 podiums within the first 6 of his races Big grin

Hamilton has broken the record for being the youngest rookie to ever lead the Formula One championship. The record was previously held by Bruce McLaren from New Zealand who is founder of the McLaren team.

ba757

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:22 am

African herritage

CARIBBEAN decent actually. God knows how many times thats been said on here.

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 21):
Hamilton has broken the record for being the youngest rookie to ever lead the Formula One championship. The record was previously held by Bruce McLaren from New Zealand who is founder of the McLaren team.

Fitting that Mclaren's record was beaten by a Mclaren driver!  

[Edited 2007-06-14 20:23:02]

LTU932

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:24 am

As to Hamilton not being on a major national talk show like David Letterman, it was dumb. Just for being a rookie with his exceptional preformance as well as winning a race one of the top levels of auto racing in the world is good reason for him to be on. That he is the 1st person of African herritage to ever particpate and win in F1 should have also been a good reason for him to be on.

Maybe he can instead make an appearance on Jay Leno sometime. Personally, I prefer Jay Leno over Letterman any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Wink

nosedive

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:46 am

Then too, F1 racing is way behind in interest in the USA, something many of his viewers even know about or follow. Another possible reason is that not the CBS Network that Letterman is seen on, but competitor Fox network, will carry the live coverage of the Indy F1 race, did the Canada race and it's owned Speed Network does the other F1 race coverage in the USA. CBS had the contract for many CHAMP car races, a competitor to IRL in the USA as to top level open wheel racing.

Yeah, but CBS will have Jenna Fischer from NBC's "The Office" on Craig Ferguson's show. Letterman has had JPM, in his F1 days, on the show. Then again, JPM was more of a recognized name, so make what you will. Letterman, being a co-owner in the IRL, would be better than Leno, IMHO. Letterman would be more prone to watch F1. Leno, being a bike man, would be better for someone like Rossi.

but we have commentators at Speed's headquarters in North Carolina instead of the race site.

No, Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchet go to the race every yr. They'll give on track interviews. For example:

I'm jealous of my dad. he's doing the pit walk about like.... and hour ago. Damn Berlin.

LH648

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 am

According to press, Hamilton was late for the press-conference for 22 minutes, because his flight from Washington was delayed more than a 24 hours. What airline he was flying? Why he didn't get another flight? Or he was flying on business-jet and there were some tech problems?... In 24 hours you can get from Washington to Indianapolis by car! It's around 600 miles...

LTU932

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:57 am

News regarding Kubica: FIA doctors made the recommendations to not clear Robert Kubica for the Indianapolis Grand Prix this Sunday. He will be replaced by the German Sebastian Vettel.

Full article (German only): http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_1353704.html

I wonder if he can get cleared for the next Grand Prix, but it's a good decision. Kubica needs some time off after such a horrible crash, and should use this time to reflect on things and rest some more.

nosedive

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:19 am

Wow, reading the press conf, Kubica was conscious through it all.

Quote:
RK: Well, apparently it was not difficult but the problem was for me that there was some water or oil coming out from the car and I felt a lot of burning. As soon as the marshals were slowly pulling me out of the car, I felt burning on my shoulder because there was oil probably on the ground and it was really hot. But everything went smoothly, and thanks also to the rescue team and to everybody who was involved in my accident, from the doctors, from the rescue team, from the marshals - they have done a great job.

On LouHam

Quote:
LH: I was in New York for a couple of days, I had an appearance for Mercedes Benz. Then I went to Washington yesterday for another appearance for Exxon Mobil and getting back the flight was delayed from 4 o’clock to 8 o’clock half an hour at a time, then eventually it was cancelled at nine. So we ended up staying in a hotel and luckily we flew out this morning.

Hmmm
Nearest flts to 1600: US 1482 DCA-IND at 1630, UA 7831 at 1645 IAD-IND. No WN times from around 1600. I say he used a biz jet.

waterpolodan

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:58 am

Kubica definitely was conscious the whole time, the accident happened literally right in front of me and the guy sitting next to me had some binoculars, seconds after the accident you could see him moving his fingers to make sure his wrist wasn't broken (I think you can see this on the TV angle as well). Anyway, I can't wait for Indy, BMW could very well suprise us all and I'm curious to see if Vettel can come in and perform like Kubica did last year on his debut.

What is the record for consecutive podium finishes for a rookie or for any driver in modern F1 racing?

For any driver, the record for most consecutive podiums is held by Schumacher (of course) and it is an amazing total of 19 races, spanning the 2001 and 2002 seasons. He also won the most races in a row of anyone in '04, when he won 7 straight GPs. He also finnished on the podium in 17 of 17 GPs in 1995, which is currently the single season podium record, though with 19 or 20 races in the future that could be broken.

[Edited 2007-06-15 00:00:43]

ba757

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 27):
Wow, reading the press conf, Kubica was conscious through it all.

I was joking with a colleuge at work on Monday, that if it had been me in that accident I would have survived the actual crash and then thrown up whilst wearing my crash helmet and choked on it!

Actually, I wonder how much of a risk that is. Surely after being violently thrown around like that it's highly likely you could be sick?

bill142

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:38 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 28):
He also won the most races in a row of anyone in '04, when he won 7

Oh I can beat that. In F1 CE I won 10 races in a row, yet McLaren can only offer me a testing role. I also managed to win 4 in a row in a Super Aguri.

Quoting BA757 (Reply 29):
Actually, I wonder how much of a risk that is. Surely after being violently thrown around like that it's highly likely you could be sick?

It probably depends on if you go into shock or not straight away.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 27):
Hmmm
Nearest flts to 1600: US 1482 DCA-IND at 1630, UA 7831 at 1645 IAD-IND. No WN times from around 1600. I say he used a biz jet.

Maybe he was going to Chicago.

nosedive

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:33 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 30):

Maybe he was going to Chicago.

I thought about that as well, but I was too lazy to look stuff up on flight aware. DTW or CVG are also probable.

Vettel's 19. Though a huge longshot, I want him to win, if only to piss off LouHam by becoming the youngest race winner in GP history.

LH648

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:55 pm

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 28):
Kubica definitely was conscious the whole time, the accident happened literally right in front of me and the guy sitting next to me had some binoculars, seconds after the accident you could see him moving his fingers to make sure his wrist wasn't broken (I think you can see this on the TV angle as well).

According to Kubica's interview to German Bild he lost conscensness after first hit.

waterpolodan

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:30 pm

Well, I read the interview and he says he remembers catching air after going into the grass, and then coming to rest and moving his extremities to check for injury... He may have blacked out very briefly when he impacted the wall, but it was only about 10 seconds from impact to coming to rest when he was moving his hands, so in any case it was just an instant where he may have been unconscious.

bill142

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:48 pm

I bet at the point of impact the HANS device paid for every cent it cost.

cornish

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 31):
Vettel's 19. Though a huge longshot, I want him to win, if only to piss off LouHam by becoming the youngest race winner in GP history

Is Vettel younger than Bruce McLaren - he was 19 when he won his first race and still holds the record as youngest.

I also read in Autosport that Kubica briefly lost conciousness during the accident. Either way, he suffered from concussion so as a precaution there was no way he was going to be allowed to get back in the car for practice 5 days later.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 31):
Vettel's 19. Though a huge longshot, I want him to win, if only to piss off LouHam by becoming the youngest race winner in GP history.

Highly Doubtful that he'll win...a Podium....maybe if Ferrari and McLaren both run this race on Diesel and the drivers are on Meth....Not To Mention Heidfeld getting drugged up as well.

Would he have a good race?....sure..fast car good driver....anything's possible.

Last week....When i said Hamilton wouldn't win...he did...

So lets go for a Long shot here....my Picks for this week.

Quals: Race:
1. Alonso 1. Heidfeld
2. Kimi 2. Kimi
3. Hamilton 3. Massa
4. Heidfeld 4. Alonso
5. Massa 5. Kova

Hamilton down in 9th...with some problems.... Wink

ltbewr

Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:29 am

I had the parctice session on today, and one issue is the aerodynamic tuning especially the balance of downforce for the turns vs the straights. For some drivers, it is the first time for them at Indy and there was no previous testing available.
So far, Alanso seems to be 1st in practice and has dropped his lap times considerably as the sessions have continued.

sudden

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:03 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 37):
So far, Alanso seems to be 1st in practice and has dropped his lap times considerably as the sessions have continued.

I think we will this weekend see why Alonso is 2 times champ.
He have had some bad luck(?) lately, but he didn't win any champions by just bringing it home. He sure had to fight for it.

On the contrary,
Hamilton won last race, and might feel good about it (he should as well), but this is where Alonso is good, to strike back and put the youngster in place.

My predictions (although we know by now how much that is worth). Big grin
1. Kimi
2. Felipe
3. Nick
4. Alonso
5. Hamilton

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

waterpolodan

Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:18 am

After the first 2 practice sessions, it seems Mclaren is slightly ahead of Ferrari, and Alonso is fractions quicker than Lewis so far, though you could throw a blanket over the top 4 cars. Once again, BMW heads the 2nd tier behind these two teams, with Heidfeld in 5th and Vettel 11th. I was looking at the times and realized that if you took away the best 4 cars and the worst 2 (the spykers) you'd have an unbeleivably close field, as the remaining 16 cars are covered by 7 tenths of a second.

bill142

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:19 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 36):
drivers are on Meth

Methanol or Crystal Meth  scratchchin 

Quoting Sudden (Reply 38):
I think we will this weekend see why Alonso is 2 times champ.
He have had some bad luck(?) lately, but he didn't win any champions by just bringing it home. He sure had to fight for it.

But the guy who's been giving him the most competition has never been in the same car. DC thinks alot of Alonsos mistakes are due to him still coming to grips, if you pardon the pun, with the bridgestone tyres.

GSM763

Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:32 am

Hey guys!

Well practice today was tops, I watched it all from 9 different places, and it was magnificent. I tell you, when one of those passes by.....jeez.....

Its pretty hard to tell whats going on time wise and all around the track from where I was, so Im not really up on how it totally went. I saw a couple of the incidents, and I saw the Spyker being towed back to the pits after Practice 2. I snapped a few photos. I was right in front of the RBR when it came out of the pits for a practice start and failed to start. I had some good laughson that and also got more pics.

Looking forward to practice and quali tomorow, maybe Ill post again if I get another chance tomorow evening!

bill142

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:02 am

I was browsing Ebay and came across this.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/f1-247/A1Grouplow.jpg

Short of an engine and a tub it looks like there is almost an entire f1 car there.

CPH-R

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:31 am

Slightly OT, but I know what race I'll be watching as warmup to this GP Big grin

ba757

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 42):

Shipping won't be cheap!  Wink

You could buy it, build it up (difficult I suppose, no instructions?) then position it in front of a nice large TV (50"?) then sit in it and play F1 on the Playstation. Nothing like semi-realism.  Smile

bill142

Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:10 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 44):
You could buy it, build it up (difficult I suppose, no instructions?)

And look at the parts some of them are from different cars so I'm not so sure that it will go together without some persuasion.

sudden

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:42 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 42):

And I thought I was crazy when it comes to F1.  crazy 

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:48 am

Per Speed TV during the Final Practice Session....

They had to change Hamilton's Engine....So he'll have to take a 10 spot grid penalty on the starting grid.

But....Its not confirmed yet...Still a Rumor...

This might be the first time we see Hamilton move from the back....Should be interesting!

ba757

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:44 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 47):
They had to change Hamilton's Engine....So he'll have to take a 10 spot grid penalty on the starting grid.

I've read nothing about that anywhere...

A
dam

legoguy

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:05 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 47):
Per Speed TV during the Final Practice Session....

But....Its not confirmed yet...Still a Rumor...

Tis a rumor. Hamilton on pole  Smile