seb146

Canada Day In Vancouver

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:42 am

My parter and I are thinking of going to Canada Day in Vancouver. Neither of us have ever been. Where is the best place to watch the fireworks? What other activities are there? Would it be best to get a hotel room in Abbotsford? I ask that because I can't imagine there would still be rooms in Vancouver, Richmond, or Surrey. I have been to Vancouver plenty of times on regular weekday trips, so I know the area very well.

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

jutes85

RE: Canada Day In Vancouver

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 am

Stay away from Surrey. That is all.
nothing

seb146

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:17 am

Quoting Jutes85 (Reply 1):
Stay away from Surrey. That is all.

Really? I stayed at the Travelodge on King George a few times near the shopping center and never had a problem. I had heard about gangs roaming the SkyTrain stations in Surrey. The biggest problem was trying to make a left turn onto King George! There also used to be a fantastic Greek restaurant behind the Safeway under the SkyTrain station. Do you or anyone know if that is still there?

GO CANUCKS!!

TheCol

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:32 am

Canada Day in Vancouver is nice. There is a a big event down at the waterfront by Canada Place every year. If you want a real treat, you might want to consider visiting Victoria as well. I'm not sure about fireworks in Vancouver, though Abbotsford has them. Regarding Hotels, you could stay in a closer city to Vancouver. If you make reservations now, I'm sure Hotels in cities like Langley aren't all booked up.
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

yvrsr

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:00 am

Abbotsford is 40 miles out of town. If at all possible, I suggest finding a hotel room in downtown Vancouver. It that's not possible, try a hotel on Broadway or Burnaby in Metrotown (which on Skytrain line). Alternatively, try a hotel in Richmond, which is next to the airport. I don't know if there will be fireworks.

ZBBYLW

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:23 am

As far as Surrey goes... South Surrey is nice... White Rock also has a Canada Day celebration at the water front down here, which is pretty good too...
Keep the shinny side up!

seb146

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:29 am

I am staying at a hotel in North Vancouver near Lions Gate. I still don't know where/if there will be fireworks near there or False Creek. I guess I will ask when I get there. The only thing I really know about North Vancouver is close to the SeaBus terminal. I like the market and the park there, but that is all I know!

GO CANUCKS!!