alberchico

Is This Law Fair?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:05 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6751777.stm

I have to agree that this style is getting annoying........
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

KaiGywer
Crew

RE: Is This Law Fair?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:14 am

As much as I hate baggy pants, there is NO reason to ban it.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:14 am

It's a fair law. I don't see why showing off your underwear is cool to some people. It must be some kind of latent genetic caveman mentality thing.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Superfly

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:15 am

As long as it only applies to guys then I am OK with it.
However, I do like to see women's undergarments.  Wink

The baggy style has got to go!
Bring back the Concorde

Banco

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:17 am

Funny how the establishment never learn, isn't it? Every generation has its time when the clothing of the young is about to cause the collapse of western civilisation, and then the older people make themselves look bloody stupid (and make said clothes even more popular) by doing something laughable like banning it.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

EK20

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:18 am

I'm with Superfly on this one.  Wink  Big grin

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:21 am

See? Genetically defective.  duck 

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

seb146

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:24 am

I always think it is funny watching a person with a size 30 waist trying to run in size 54 pants! Don't ban them, I need a good laugh!  Smile But, seriously, maybe it is the fact that I live in Oregon, or I see it every day, but so what if someone is showing their underwear? IMO, as long as nothing explicit is happening, let them show it all! Walk to work wearing only shoes, ride a bike in only boxers..... what harm is it doing to anyone?

GO CANUCKS!!
Life in the wall is a drag.

airtran737

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:25 am

I was driving to ATL the other day and there was a guy sagging so low that his pubes were hanging out. This kind of shit is disgusting. Buy a belt, and pants that fit.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

dtwclipper

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:29 am

I don't know if a law is needed in this case, but(t) I'll be glad to see this style go away.

Now if we could pass a law and ticket cars with UeberBass stereos I'd be all for that!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

ORFflyer

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:32 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 9):
I don't know if a law is needed in this case, but(t) I'll be glad to see this style go away.

checkmark   checkmark  &  checkmark  checkmark 

Superfly

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:33 am

What scares me the most is that this old bag is concerned about young guys underwear.

This law certainly has many legal flaws however the argument against this ban is really stupid!
This does not discriminate agaisnt Blacks, it discriminates against stupid people with no tact.
I don't like the idea of fashion police either.
Bring back the Concorde

AeroWesty

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:34 am

I don't understand this one. Exposing one's underwear in public is suddenly the equivalent to "exposing one's private parts". ::shake head::

When did Louisiana get taken over by the Puritans?

EDIT: It just occurred to me, how would Eldridge Cleaver pants go over?  stirthepot 

[Edited 2007-06-14 19:39:18]
International Homo of Mystery

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:42 am

Now if we could pass a law and ticket cars with UeberBass stereos I'd be all for that!

That law is already in place in many cities. Cars are indeed stopped and ticketed for it.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

EK20

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:44 am

I think this would be acceptable:

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:47 am

We have one in here. A cop just nailed a kid in a thump-thump car in front of my house on Tuesday evening. $349. Cha-ching! You can't tell me the kid didn't know there was a law against thump-thump cars.

dtwclipper

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:50 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 13):
That law is already in place in many cities. Cars are indeed stopped and ticketed for it.

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 15):
We have one in here. A cop just nailed a kid in a thump-thump car in front of my house on Tuesday evening. $349. Cha-ching! You can't tell me the kid didn't know there was a law against thump-thump cars.

I want that too! Problem is the street behind our house divides to municipalities, so I would assume both the City of Livonia and Northville Township would have to pass similar laws?
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:54 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 15):
You can't tell me the kid didn't know there was a law against thump-thump cars.

Especially being as most cities will have signs posted on the entrance to the city "Noise Ordinances Enforced" or something similar.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:11 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):
so I would assume both the City of Livonia and Northville Township would have to pass similar laws?

Depends. In some places, when a street is the dividing line between two jurisdictions, either municipality may enforce their laws on the entire width of the street. In other places, the middle of the street is the dividing line.

I've actually seen where one side of the street had a 45 mph speed limit and the other side had a 25 mpg speed limit. Each side was in different municipalities.

jhooper

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:12 am

The law is the law, fair or not. Obey it or move to another town (or pay the fine and go to jail).
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

RobertNL070

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:27 am

Plumbers beware of showing your crack in Delcambre LA
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

TheCol

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:40 am

You'd think they have more pressing concerns in the community than that. Why waste time and money drafting and tabling legislation when they can be concerning themselves with more crucial matters that need to be addressed?  Confused
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:52 am

Quoting TheCol (Reply 21):
You'd think they have more pressing concerns in the community than that.

No. They're ultra-moral down there. They're so squeeky clean that "gosh darned" is considered swearing. However, screwing your 13 year old daughter is considered a proper way to pass on the family name.  Silly  duck 

cfalk

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:03 am

"They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

Big grin  Big grin  Big grin

I love it!

Years ago my son tried wearing baggy pants. I put a stop to that shi&t in a hurry... Later, a little older and wiser, he thanked me for it.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

kmh1956

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 am

The law may or may not be fair, but if it means fewer people in those godawful baggy pants with their underwear hanging out.......yay!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

airfoilsguy

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:57 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 2):
It must be some kind of latent genetic caveman mentality thing.

Actually it originated in the jails. When people are put in jail they take away their belts, thus a lot of people in jail had to walk around with their paints falling off. Well, once some of the morons got out of jail they continued to go around with there pants hanging low to show their other homies that they had been to jail. Having been to jail is a status symbol to a lot of the more intellectually challenged people out there. Well, the trend caught on and I bet if you ask most of the current "pants hang low" crowd, they would have no idea how the trend got started.
A funny side note is that when cops have to chase drug dealers who subscribe to this fashion, it usually is a piece of cake. Once the guy starts running it is only a matter of time before he trips and falls over due to his paints. That is why I am all for this fashion statement. It makes criminals easier to catch.  Smile
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

itsjustme

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:05 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):
Problem is the street behind our house divides to municipalities, so I would assume both the City of Livonia and Northville Township would have to pass similar laws?

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 18):
n some places, when a street is the dividing line between two jurisdictions, either municipality may enforce their laws on the entire width of the street.

With regard to Michigan, it's a bit tricky. If a state law exists, then yes, local officers have bordering reciprocity and can enforce state laws in bordering cities. However, I don't believe MI has a state law that addresses car stereos which means individual cities must invoke their own local ordinances. In MI, unless extenuating circumstances exist (such as a formal mutual aid request), officers can't enforce other cities' local ordinances. In other words, Dtwclipper is correct - in order for a Northville Twp officer to cite someone in Livonia for a loud car radio, the ordinance would have to exist in Northville Twp as well as Livonia.

Superfly

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:10 am

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 20):
Plumbers beware of showing your crack in Delcambre LA

They may be exempt because they usually don't wear underwear. The law targets 'exposed underwear'.
This law does not address sealing the cracks.

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 25):
A funny side note is that when cops have to chase drug dealers who subscribe to this fashion, it usually is a piece of cake. Once the guy starts running it is only a matter of time before he trips and falls over due to his paints. That is why I am all for this fashion statement. It makes criminals easier to catch.

That is a real good argument in favor of this fashion trend.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

LTU932

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:11 am

While it's ridiculous to ban those pants (though I personally hate them), what individual institutions should do is just ban those pants as part of a proper dress code. If I was a restaurant owner and see someone wearing these pants, I either lend him a belt or kick him out. I don't mind casual clothing, but those baggy pants are going too far.

deskflier

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:20 am

This law makes "...it a crime to wear trousers that show underwear..."

So what happens if You forget to zip Your fly?
How can anyone not fly, when we live at a time when we can fly?

AirframeAS

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 13):
That law is already in place in many cities.

At my high school in Washington State, there is a rule that baggy pants are not allowed. Those who violate it will get a written warning and letter sent to parents in the first offense, In school suspention on the second offense, suspension from school on the 3rd and then expelled on the 4th. Harsh, yes. But I agree with it. I dont need to know if the sophomore idiot is wearing boxers or Kleins. Who cares! Disgusting!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

CaptainJon

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:46 am

How is underwear any different than swimsuits? I mean not just in regards to this law but also with how some people seem to think seeing them in their lingerie is naughty but seeing them wear skimpy bikinis is no big deal?