stlgph

The Children Of Iowa City Welcome ANCFlyer & Co.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:43 pm

Looks like I'm the first one to a computer, so, here we go.

So ANCFlyer is in the midst of a weeklong trek from the high place up above swinging down to the thriving metropolis of Chicago and the thriving metropolis of Cedar Rapids.

((((that's in Iowa))))

So, it was only a joy and pleasure to receive an invite from him to rendezvous in Iowa ... one of the last places I ever thought I would be hanging out with ANC Flyer, mind you, well, outside of say New York's Gay Pride Parade... but nonetheless, I was on and it was a "date." We decided to move our meeting and fun to Iowa City since it is the more "interesting" of the triplet of cities along the I-380 intrastate corridor. I found a fun little joint, shared the menu, it sounded good to him and off we were. Well, I find out yesterday that KaiGywer and Adopim88 are driving down to join the fun, and well, then I suggested AsstChiefMark also come down with them and Mark never one to miss an adventure, decides about 3pm yesterday he's coming, too. The more the merrier.

So, I pull into the Coralville Mall early in the afternoon and meet up with (and this is where a picture is REALLY missing now) .... at Victoria's Secret.

Yes, Victoria's Secret.

So imagine a store full of women, yes, even on a Wednesday afternoon, the place is hoppin', checkin' out little white slinky things, black panties, bras, the whole nine yards, and two guys meet up in the middle of the store with a good ole handshake and "manly" embrace. So we make it out the store and across the way and I am introduced to ANC's daughter. She's a treat. Standing almost two feet below me, she -commands- your attention from the word go. I'm almost in admiration. A true diva. So, ANC goes outside and catches his "breath" while she and I rummage through the candle store and then we strolled down the path hitting a store here and there and finally made our way to downtown Iowa City and we all wound up down there within about 15 minutes of each other.

We met up here ....

I mean, wait that's not right.

We met up here...

Good wings. Good food. Some good drafts, indeed. Well, at least I thought the food was good, I scarfed down a pound of wings, some of Kai's wings, some tacos, some fried mushrooms, and some fried zucchini ... all in about 15 minutes. No big deal.

So after 3 - 3 1/2 hours, we finish up and decide to hit the streets.

First we stopped by Hillary Clinton's Iowa City caucus campaign headquarters so Pep could get some shirts, flyers, bumper stickers, and autographed photos.

And then we went off down the street like the bad asses we are.

We strolled a couple of blocks north and then to the west some and made our way to the downtown promenade area that is closed off to city streets. Everywhere you look there are liberals, liberals, liberals and more liberals.

And on top of that you have people who are pretty much stuck in 1968 (fashion wise) -- and well, to be honest, they look like they hadn't showered since then, either.

Tons of lesbians and their dogs. And their children. Talk about a dreadful combination. BTW, has anybody ever noticed that lesbians with children ... the children are always like four? You never see them with teenage sons, teenage daughters, whatever ... the children are always four and like eternally stuck there. Anyway, just an observation ... but these people were just a little whacked out for my own personal tastes.

But, speaking of children....

Well, let's just say this.

Our friend Kai was up by the fountain minding his own business when one of these little brats puts his feet over the fountain spout so it sprays water all over the damn place. Not that it really matters, but Kai was understandly surprised and muttered "oh fuck!" And was laughing about it.

And then the shit hit the fan.

All these whacked individuals down there, start jumping all over us for "cussing out .... that's right .... the children.
So, you know me, I'm usually a loose cannon and live for this sort of shit, but really ... all I could do was point and laugh, not at Kai, but at the people who were saying crap to us. The mother unit of this kid comes up here and starts to give us all "a big talkin' to" and just as I'm ready to open my mouth I hear ...

"quiet lady"

It wasn't me. It was our hero, ANCFlyer.

And so this other guy comes over and the next thing I know, again, before I can even get a word out to anybody, ANC is pretty much telling it, not in an anything inappropriate at all, but basically telling the guy, in a few words, to just chill the hell out and to bugger off. Everyone's telling these people that Kai (poor Kai) is foreign and doesn't know a whole lotta words, and I'm trying to whisper to Kai to apologize "with a funny accent." Meanwhile, I'm dying of laughter because all the time while ANCFlyer is just trying to calm this guy down, he's looking down at his cell phone sending text messages back home. And you can see these people looking at ANC's hat ... yes he was wearing the hat, and you could see a bit of fear in his eyes over it. There's just an aura to Pep that screams "don't piss with this, buddy."

LOVES IT.

So, anyway, after our fiasco, we continue down the street.

Pep is -STILL- text messaging

And we stumble across this place.

And so we go inside, especially since I can see the lesbians forming a mob a few blocks behind us and setting off down the street with long sticks with burning flames on the end of them --- more intense than any of that Les Miserables crap.

So, we feel it is natural to dolt inside.

So we dolt inside the airliner.

What a flippin' disappointment

There's -NOTHING- airliner-esque about it except some paper airplane that was created out of cardboard by the local hospital children's ward activity group and was colored yellow with crayolas. So we're pretty much sitting there going "this sucks." We wait 3 minutes, the lesbian mob passes (by this time, walking 3 blocks was too much so they flew by on a transit bus ... guns cocked and ready out of the windows, mind you) and so we set out and down the street once again. And I came up with a brilliant idea -- ICE CREAM!

So we stop for an ice cream break and set off down the street once again, this time prancing, skipping and holding hands...

So we make our way back downtown in a loop ...

-AGAIN-

and a Buffalo Wild Wings caught our eye.

So we went in, played some trivia, totally sucked at it, and then decided it's time to bolt for the evening.

But not without a quick stop at the....

which how ironic at this very location was staffed by two gay guys who I've both had run ins with before ... i.e. we were at the same bar in Des Moines, Iowa (on separate nights for both) and there were lots of drinks and let's just say they both have very loose hands ... nothing ever transpired but they both message me online a lot.

So while we were in the store, I stayed very very very close to ANC (!!!), cuz two gay guys who are nutty together in the same place who work together realizing they've made passes at the same time .... eeek!

meanwhile Mark decided to get his fill....

And then for prosperity's sake, we stood at a busy intersection, took this "had to" photo while we were getting the stares of all the locals of "you losers are definitely from out of town"

And then we made it back to the cars where ANCFlyer decided to pull out the bag and give us a sample of what was inside (all while still texting, mind you...)

He's got an awfully big grin there, mind you. So you draw your own conclusions.

[Edited 2007-06-21 06:55:22]
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Halcyon

RE: The Children Of Iowa City Welcome ANCFlyer & Co.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Quoting STLGph (Thread starter):
Everywhere you look there are liberals, liberals, liberals and more liberals.

mother unit

rotfl 

Sounds like a load of fun!

I notice that the group seemed to part most of the people around it...just a coincidence?

NWADC9

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Pink hat? Something pink? Something that fits Kum-n-Go's style? TELL US!!!!!!!!  hyper 
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

MD11Engineer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:38 pm

So you caught Kai scratching his b%ll%cks in public in picture #8? Big grin

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

LAXspotter

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:55 pm

LMAO, this was a great piece of literature, enjoyed it throughly, need more of this, hahaha.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

ORFflyer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:03 pm

First we stopped by Hillary Clinton's Iowa City caucus campaign headquarters so Pep could get some shirts, flyers, bumper stickers, and autographed photos.

What - he didn't make a large campaign contribution....  biggrin 

Great Trip Report - Looks like you folks had a ton of fun.

PAHS200

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:30 pm

It was our hero, ANCFlyer.

bigthumbsup 

great TR! glad you had fun

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 pm

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Awesome writeup Gavin  Smile Finally at 1:30 am last night, I got home, with 542 miles on the odometer.

It was a joy meeting all you guys, STLGph, AsstChiefMark (who won't be joining us in this thread for some reason...haha), Adopim88, ANCFlyer and the ANCDaughter.

one of the last places I ever thought I would be hanging out with ANC Flyer, mind you, well, outside of say New York's Gay Pride Parade...

Or a Hillary Clinton for President campaign office Big grin

We met up here...

Kinda gives you that San Francisco feel already.

rotfl 

Everyone's telling these people that Kai (poor Kai) is foreign and doesn't know a whole lotta words, and I'm trying to whisper to Kai to apologize "with a funny accent."

Haha, and as ANC is explaining this to the guy...

Meanwhile, I'm dying of laughter because all the time while ANCFlyer is just trying to calm this guy down, he's looking down at his cell phone sending text messages back home.

...while the guy says that, "well, in this country we don't say that", and ANC points at...

And you can see these people looking at ANC's hat ...

...and proclaims, "I am from this country"

And then for prosperity's sake, we stood at a busy intersection, took this "had to" photo while we were getting the stares of all the locals of "you losers are definitely from out of town"

And the ANCDaughter loudly proclaiming "I don't know you guys"

Yeah, that UA better not mess up on Friday or there will be hell and a very angry Pep at O'Hare  Silly

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 1):
I notice that the group seemed to part most of the people around it...just a coincidence?

I think there is just something about walking six abreast that tends to do that Big grin

Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 2):
So you caught Kai scratching his b%ll%cks in public in picture #8?

Jan

Hahahah, I noticed that too. This was right after that damn kid decided I needed a shower with fountain water.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

stlgph

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm

It -was- fun!

Everywhere you look there are liberals, liberals, liberals and more liberals.

Well, that was perhaps an exaggeration, but who knows ... most self respecting left leaning people I know of come no where near the whacked out sense of how some of these people were!

"I, Flower Child, command you to not say fuck around the children!" ..... and then she makes out with a tree .... and a couple of plants. And then a bird.

Totally not a coincidence. We stuck out worse than sore thumbs.

Quoting ORFflyer (Reply 5):
What - he didn't make a large campaign contribution....

Two words: ka boom.

Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 2):

I'm sure he will chime in here in a bit!

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 8):

The old man was tired. I'm sure he'll wake up in a few hours and venture off to Non-Av to see what is being written about him Big grin
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

GQfluffy

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:06 pm

You people have never seen a Kum and Go eh? They're all over the place up here in the uncivilized state of Montana...

Direct quote from a pissed off passenger last night... Big grin

Either way...Looks like y'all had waaay too much of a good time...
This isn't where I parked my car...

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 10):
You people have never seen a Kum and Go eh?

Oh I've seen them, and they're just as funny every time  Smile

Queso

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Totally not a coincidence. We stuck out worse than sore thumbs.

OMG, what a great picture!!! Talk about a Motley Crew!!!

Looks like you all had a great time, wish I could have been there! Thanks a lot for the great writeup and the pictures! I especially liked how you worked in the part about the fountain to cover up Kai pissing his pants!

Gavin, you're going to have to stop taking style tips from Westy.

stlgph

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 12):
Gavin, you're going to have to stop taking style tips from Westy.

hey. i made a halfway decent attempt to be a gentleman and wear a shirt and tie...

I especially liked how you worked in the part about the fountain to cover up Kai pissing his pants!

shit. i wish it was that simple! i swear ... tell one little four year to fuck off and the WHOLE TOWN gets flaming mad.
i don't get it ?!?!?!?  indifferent 

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Looks like you all had a great time, wish I could have been there! Thanks a lot for the great writeup and the pictures! I especially liked how you worked in the part about the fountain to cover up Kai pissing his pants!

Yeah, I had too many beers and couldn't hold it  rotfl 

Damn kids... lol

Queso

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:25 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 13):
tell one little four year to fuck off and the WHOLE TOWN gets flaming mad.
i don't get it ?!?!?!?

They used to call that a "Posse", but when it consists primarily of dykes I'm not quite sure what you'd call it.  scratchchin 

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:29 pm

What a hell of a day . . . .

How can you possibly meet up with 4 other members, towing a 13 year old, and nearly get assaulted by a pissy little psuedo-fountain in a shitty little place like Iowa City.  crazy 

I needed something to use for targets, might as well shoot at something worthy . . .

Damn, Gavin you DID get that afterall didn't . . . sneaky.

So, I pull into the Coralville Mall early in the afternoon and meet up with (and this is where a picture is REALLY missing now) .... at Victoria's Secret.

Yes, Victoria's Secret.

Yeah, we missed a serious photo op there . . . somewhat relieved however, with Lew's photoshopping ability and any photo of you and I in a Victoria's Secret shop, well - you get the picture.

So we make it out the store and across the way and I am introduced to ANC's daughter. She's a treat. Standing almost two feet below me, she -commands- your attention from the word go. I'm almost in admiration. A true diva.

She IS her Mother's daughter. And watching the two of you shopping, well, that WAS an experience . . . .

Meanwhile, I'm dying of laughter because all the time while ANCFlyer is just trying to calm this guy down, he's looking down at his cell phone sending text messages back home.

You know, size up the situation, see how much attention one must divert from one endeavor to another in order to overcome the situation. As you could probably tell, I didn't think much of the situation.

But it was an experience, getting riotous by a shitty little fountain in Iowa City Iowa and seeing Kai getting his ass chewed by some Soccer-Mom Wanna-Be in the middle of Corn Field County USA.

Pep is -STILL- text messaging

Rude of me, I apologize. G/F is trying to close on a house, and has many questions . . . and we have this whole Weekend Getaway thing planned this weekend . . . UA better not screw it up tomorrow . . . I need to be back in ANC by 1600 Friday.

So, we feel it is natural to dolt inside.

So we dolt inside the airliner.

What a flippin' disappointment

Unimpressed. The plastic model of the Sopwith Camel hanging from the ceiling over the bar simply doesn't bring justice to the name of the join.

"you losers are definitely from out of town"

Thank God.  yes 

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 3):
So you caught Kai scratching his b%ll%cks in public in picture #8?

Saw that too did ya?  rotfl 

Katie's got a lot of work to do with that boy . . .  duck 

"I, Flower Child, command you to not say fuck around the children!" ..... and then she makes out with a tree .... and a couple of plants. And then a bird.

laughing  laughing  Best description of the whole ordeal right here . . . .

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 9):

The old man was tired.

Twenty to One Says I can outpace you on any given day there Hero.  irked  wink 

OMG, what a great picture!!! Talk about a Motley Crew!!!

Yup . . . haven't cleared the sidewalks like that in a long time . . . actually saw two ladies make a break across the street to avoid us when we were walking back to the Vine to leave . . . .

. . . . . .

Great meeting Kai and Adopim88 . . .two more Nutters on the list. And of course, Gavin it's always good to get together with you . . . Mark cracks me up - constantly.

Thanks to everyone for letting me bring my daughter along. I see her four/five times a year, and being a Part-Time dad, I like to spend whatever little time I get with her. She had a good time as well, on the way back to the Marriott in Cedar Rapids last night, "Wow, that was cool".

Back to ANC in the morning . . . . God (and UA) willing.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

LAXspotter

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:36 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 16):
God (and UA) willing.

just pray that their "trusty" computers dont screw up again.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 17):
God (and UA) willing.

Exactly the genesis of my concerns. . . . .

If ain't one thing it's another . . . tomorrow ORD weather is for rain and possible thunderstorms . . . so I alrady anticipate delays. Fortunate I'm leaving EARLY in the day . . . . and I have a three hours layover between CID-ORD and ORD-ANC, so I can take a delay getting out of CID if necessary. Plus UA has two more ORD-ANC flights tomorrow . . . unless the whole world shits the bed, I'll be home tomorrow night . . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 17):

Haha, we had a chat about our collective love for UA during dinner Big grin

I seem to remember something about..ANC by 1400 Saturday....Mushroom cloud.....ORD.... Big grin

stlgph

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Rude of me, I apologize.

oh, not rude at all. trust me. if i was in your shoes, i'd be doing the same thing. you lucky bastard. funny story ... last time i sent a message "like that" to someone when i was "back in town," i got this snappy reply "i'm at home visiting my mom and she saw that."

yeah, haven't talked since. oops.

she is scarred for life.

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 19):

the second thing to go ka boom in the midwest this week.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:59 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 20):
you lucky bastard

bigthumbsup 

Yes, I am . . . .

"i'm at home visiting my mom and she saw that."

D'Oh . . . .

My g/f's Mom is my next door neighbor - not much I can get away with in that regard . . .

she is scarred for life.

Naaaah she'll grow up with a better perspective on life and the world . . . . unlike the corn-fed tree hugger soccer Mom wanne-be at that fountain.

carmenlu15

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 14):
Yeah, I had too many beers and couldn't hold it

I knew it! I KNEW you were already drunk when you called!  drunk 

Fun talking to you guys yesterday, even if I couldn't understand half of what you were saying (yes, I know, my phone is a POS...)  bigthumbsup 
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

DeltaAVL

RE: The Children Of Iowa City Welcome ANCFlyer & C

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Looks like I'm the first one to a computer, so, here we go.

Excellent thread, thanks for sharing with the rest of us who missed out. I always enjoy reading ya'lls tales.  Big grin

I mean, wait that's not right.

rotfl 

OK. Now I want the shirt more than ever. Kum & Go shirt + mail =  bigthumbsup 

Again, great stories. Thanks for the early-morning laugh.  Smile
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:47 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 21):
Naaaah she'll grow up with a better perspective on life and the world . . . . unlike the corn-fed tree hugger soccer Mom wanne-be at that fountain.

How true is that?

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 22):
I knew it! I KNEW you were already drunk when you called!

No I wasn't. Actually, I didn't get drunk at all yesterday  Smile

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 22):
Fun talking to you guys yesterday, even if I couldn't understand half of what you were saying (yes, I know, my phone is a POS...)

Yes it is.

MDorBust

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Wait a second...

Coincidence?
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

dsmflyer

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:09 am

Damn it! I'm sorry I missed you all. I was running around yesterday working on crap for the DI and didn't see Gavin's message until it was too late. Wish I coulda made it out, but I'm glad to see you had a good time.

Queso

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 25):
Coincidence?

Naaaaw, can't be. None of the Reservoir Dogs guys pissed their pants.

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:17 am

Quoting Dsmflyer (Reply 26):

repeat in September.

red carpet and all.

skidmarks

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:18 am

Thank heaven and whatever Gods are listening that this all took place in the US of A!! If this happened in UK you'd all be looking for cheap rates on wooden boxes back to the States!! Big grin

Nice to see an impromptu meet have a ball, shows enterprise isn't yet dead - even iff ANC is getting a little old and plump!  duck 

And I'd move to the other side of the street if I saw that rabble heading my way. Hell, I'd move to the other side of town!! Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

BMIFlyer

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:20 am

Looks like you guys (and girl)  Wink had a blast Big grin

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

AeroWesty

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:22 am

I just have one little fashion tip (I'm surprised Gavin didn't pick up on this) ... one's legs should never be whiter than one's shorts!  duck 
International Homo of Mystery

skidmarks

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:23 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 31):
I just have one little fashion tip (I'm surprised Gavin didn't pick up on this) ... one's legs should never be whiter than one's shorts!

Just be grateful that legs are ALL we saw Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:28 am

you think i'm going to say that to *HIM*

the man took down an entire plaza with one stare. he simply looked at these people and like 40 of them vaporized into fairy dust.

AeroWesty

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:34 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 33):

Pffft, we're gonna have to pull your drag queen card with an attitude like that. (Of course, I'm saying this safely 1500 miles away.)  Wink

TSS

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:34 am

Hmmm...
If y'all can have that much of an adventure in Iowa City, then the BHM meet in October ought to really be a blast! Big grin
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

ANCFlyer

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 am

I just have one little fashion tip (I'm surprised Gavin didn't pick up on this) ... one's legs should never be whiter than one's shorts!  duck 

Yeah, pretty bad ain't they?!  biggrin 

Quoting STLGph (Reply 33):

the man took down an entire plaza with one stare. he simply looked at these people and like 40 of them vaporized into fairy dust.

Ha Ha Ha . . .

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 29):
even iff ANC is getting a little old and plump!  duck 

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.  bigthumbsup 

Tom in NO

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:39 am

I think I'm gonna be sick.....  vomit  .....

I needed something to use for targets, might as well shoot at something worthy . . .

.....then again, the feeling of nausea has now departed.....way to go, Pep! Perfect target material.  wink 

Sounds like quite the get-together.....thanks for sharing.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Dougloid

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:43 am

Jeez....sorry I missed out on this crawl.

Iowa City's an interesting place.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:53 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 34):
Pffft, we're gonna have to pull your drag queen card with an attitude like that.

the man is magical. seriously. remove the hat, though, he's just an ordinary schmuck.

Quoting TSS (Reply 35):
Hmmm...
If y'all can have that much of an adventure in Iowa City, then the BHM meet in October ought to really be a blast!

well you missed my molestation of a monkey statue last year...

Queso

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:06 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 39):
well you missed my molestation of a monkey statue last year...

Lest we forget, it has been immortalized on Photobucket:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/DrHansZarkov/airliners%20bhm%20meet/CIMG1792.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/DrHansZarkov/airliners%20bhm%20meet/CIMG1793.jpg

TSS

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:08 am

you missed my molestation of a monkey statue last year...

Please tell me someone got a photo of that.  Wink
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:11 am

Ugh! You had to post that again! I did my hair wrong and it so looks like I have a bad spot. And that's the worst part of my hair to fix, usually.

Notice the monkey is smiling...?

AeroWesty

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:20 am

he's just an ordinary schmuck.

So that means he's left town, eh? Big grin

Quoting Queso (Reply 40):
immortalized on Photobucket

Wow!

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 43):
So that means he's left town, eh?

just like this gal...

adopim88

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:55 am

It -was- fun!

Most definitely!

I especially liked how you worked in the part about the fountain to cover up Kai pissing his pants!

shit. i wish it was that simple! i swear ... tell one little four year to fuck off and the WHOLE TOWN gets flaming mad.

Seemed to me that rather than the whole town, it was the whole trailer park (and possibly an apartment complex.....maybe...)
I got a kick out of how the "mother unit," as Gavin put it, was swearing in front of her kid too. Who do you think the kid is MORE likely to pick it up from, a complete stranger or their mommy? Besides that fact, the world is full of that kind of language, so get the hell used to it (you know that in 6 or 7 years those kids will be mouthing off at their parents using "language"....  Yeah sure )

Katie's got a lot of work to do with that boy . . .

I do have my work cut out for me. But I'll get it done one way or another.  Smile

Thanks to everyone for letting me bring my daughter along. I see her four/five times a year, and being a Part-Time dad, I like to spend whatever little time I get with her. She had a good time as well, on the way back to the Marriott in Cedar Rapids last night, "Wow, that was cool".

Of course it was not a problem. I'm glad to hear she had a good time.

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 24):
No I wasn't. Actually, I didn't get drunk at all yesterday

Could have fooled me... the very second I started driving you were out like a light.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 28):
repeat in September.

red carpet and all.

I'll have to see if there's anything I can work out...  Smile

It was definitely great to meet Pep and Gavin and I look forward to the next time we can meet up  Smile
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting Adopim88 (Reply 45):
Seemed to me that rather than the whole town, it was the whole trailer park (and possibly an apartment complex.....maybe...)

i believe the word you are looking for is "sect"

It was definitely great to meet Pep and Gavin and I look forward to the next time we can meet up

agreed! sold.

Queso

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 46):

i believe the word you are looking for is "sect"

Quoting Queso (Reply 15):
They used to call that a "Posse", but when it consists primarily of dykes I'm not quite sure what you'd call it.  scratchchin 

Halcyon

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 7):
I think there is just something about walking six abreast that tends to do that Big grin

A new type of human wave.  rotfl  "Quiet lady.

That's the funniest thing I'll read today! We have that type out here too, but they also like to use chainsaws.  Big grin

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 10):
the uncivilized state of Montana...

Direct quote from a pissed off passenger last night.

Did this passenger just get in from Sydney? You know, I went to the Super Walmart a couple weeks ago to get some gummi worms, and, sure, it was 4:23 in the morning, but they had all the sliding doors locked, and one of the people asked me why I wanted in!  eyebrow 

Aren't the Town Pumps more representative of Montana though?

stlgph

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:46 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 48):
Did this passenger just get in from Sydney? You know, I went to the Super Walmart a couple weeks ago to get some gummi worms, and, sure, it was 4:23 in the morning, but they had all the sliding doors locked, and one of the people asked me why I wanted in!

if you find a Target with a jelly belly candy section, their gummy worms are TO DIE for.

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 48):
We have that type out here too, but they also like to use chainsaws

they do in Iowa City, too.

unfortunately, they wanted to use them on us.