USAFHummer
Topic Author

"Lil' Bush": Hilarious Or Stupid?

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Anyone else seen this on Comedy Central?? New animated show putting Bush 43 as a little kid...really bizarre, but I think its hilarious from what Ive seen...anyone else have some thoughts on it?
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

copaair737

RE: "Lil' Bush": Hilarious Or Stupid?

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm a fan.

It's hilarious IMO.

Little Cheney is the best character.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

PA110

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:29 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Thread starter):
"Lil' Bush": Hilarious Or Stupid?

A bit of both, I think. Like the other Bush satire that aired prior to 9/11 (I think it was called "That's My Bush") there are some funny bits, but some of the humor is a bit forced. I think GWB will go down in history as the only President that inspired not one but two parody TV shows that both play on the perception that the sitting President is a dimwit.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

copaair737

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Quoting PA110 (Reply 2):
Like the other Bush satire that aired prior to 9/11 (I think it was called "That's My Bush

That's My Bush blew this animated show out of the water. It was great.
This one is good, but nowhere near TMB.

--Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Like...the promo I just saw a few minutes ago totally cracked me up...its Lil' Bush meeting Lil' Tony Blair, and Bush notes the accent and says "So where are you from? Narnia?"

san747

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:42 pm

I watched the newest episode last night... It was fairly funny... Plus the characters all look really funny, especially little Condoleeza Rice with her braces.

I'm optomistic about the show. Let the season finish, see what happens...
Scotty doesn't know...

diamond

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Sometimes I'm in the mood for really stupid comedy - but I just couldn't get into this. I thought the jokes were weak - and I get really sick of that impersonation of an voice that I don't like to begin with.
Blank.

da man

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:52 pm

Quoting PA110 (Reply 2):
play on the perception that the sitting President is a dimwit

What, everyone didn't know this?  Smile
I absolutely love this show, it may not be the most politically correct show but it is in good company with South Park.
War Eagle!

CaptOveur

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:31 am

It is the same old Bush hating cliches. But I do like the concept of the show.

It is fine to make fun of the President, it is almost expected. I just want to see something original- Not something I could take the rantings of Superfly, Falcon84 and a few others from here and twist into a TV show.

I really think Bush has achieved a rare honor.. Not just one show making fun of him being stupid, but I think this is at least the second one. There was a short lived series I can't remember the name of, also on comedy central. If I am remembering correctly.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

diamond

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:01 am

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 8):
There was a short lived series I can't remember the name of, also on comedy central. If I am remembering correctly.

I think you're referring to "That's My Bush":

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thatsmybush/
Blank.

EasternSon

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:16 am

Whether you like him or not (and I don't)-

I don't believe it's right to make fun of a sitting President. While I'm sure he's not the smartest man in Washington, I believe a certain amount of repsect should be held for the Office.

I know, I'm being a spoil-sport, so flame me, but my immediate reaction to it is a bad one.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

dsmflyer

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:39 am

It's all been done before. Bush is stupid, we get it. I'm all for making fun of him, but it's done so much, there's not really any originality left to it.

Letterman's "Great moments in U.S. Presidential speeches" still cracks me up though, and he's been doing that for a couple years now.

tristarenvy

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:03 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 10):
Whether you like him or not (and I don't)-

I don't believe it's right to make fun of a sitting President. While I'm sure he's not the smartest man in Washington, I believe a certain amount of repsect should be held for the Office.

Outsatnding comment.

If one wonders WHY so many have no respect for anything, go listen to Chevy Chase drop the "F-bomb" when talking about GWB at some event a few years back, or listen to Rosie, or Babs, or Whoopie spout their crap about someone who's the leader of the free world. Yeah, we have a right to "say" it, but I think those in the media need to keep it toned down. There are movies/TV shows I will not watch, because I am sick and tired of being beaten over the head about how dumb some folks think our President happens to be.

Now, back on topic...I laughed at the 1st "Lil Bush" a few weeks back. It could have been much worse. Jeb is a lot smarter than they portray him. And "Lil Cheney" IS hilarious.
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

777ER
Crew

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:45 am

I've seen the TV show being advertised on Comedy Central and it looks funny from the advertising, havn't been able to watch it yet thou.
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

san747

Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey, I just noticed something in the most recent episode- during the scene when Lil Kim Jong Il took Lil Bush's Game Boy, there's other kids standing around, and they're all the major 2008 presidential candidates!

I recognized Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards... Honestly, I think I saw a version of Michael Moore too! Big grin
Scotty doesn't know...

flyorski

Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:46 pm

I have only seen a little bit, and at first I was very skeptical, but from what I have seen I think that it is a funny show.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsly believe they are free" -Goethe

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Found it on YouTube, in case you havent seen it at all yet...

seb146

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:21 am

I think it is a stupid show. The "jokes" are not funny and everything is a re-hashing of what I dislike about the guy in the first place. Not worth my time.

Where were these people during the Clinton impeachment and when everyone was making fun of him? What's good for the goose....

GO CANUCKS!!
Life in the wall is a drag.

JGPH1A

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 am

Quoting TriStarEnvy (Reply 12):
someone who's the leader of the free world.

Excuse me ? I'm part of the free world, and I don't consider that idiot to be my leader. Keep your overactive jingoism on your side of the ocean, OK ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

DeltaRules

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:41 am

What a pile of crap. I hadn't seen any of the show (other than the promos) until watching the clip USAFHummer posted. Lil' Cheney was funny, but the rest of it sucked.

I'm not a fan of Bush by any means, but didn't we do this a couple years ago with That's My Bush?
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

nycflyer

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:39 am

Not that funny. The show tries a little too hard, but doesn't quite get it. Some of the humor is a little desperate.

South Park remains the best cartoon on TV.

AGM100

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:13 am

Quoting NYCFlyer (Reply 20):
South Park remains the best cartoon on TV.

checkmark 

LIL Bush is sad ,poorly written and pretty much just plain predictable. The show really has little imagination , you could get pretty much any deuch bag at Starbucks to wright it.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

Sabena332

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:36 pm

I saw a few episodes, sometimes it is pretty funny, I laughed my ass off when I saw that his brother rides the short bus to school Big grin

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

seb146

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:16 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 22):
when I saw that his brother rides the short bus to school

I had to have that one explaned to me. Where I grew up, our school district had three sizes of busses. The smallest (short busses) were used for low-density, rural routes. Everyone rode the same busses. I never knew anything about "the short bus" until recently!

GO CANUCKS!!
Life in the wall is a drag.

Sabena332

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:49 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 23):
I had to have that one explaned to me.

See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=short+bus+rider

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

graphic

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:14 am

It has its moments (Camp Al Quaeda, Darth Vader is Lil Cheney's dad).

I believe a certain amount of repsect should be held for the Office.

I'll show respect for his office when HE shows respect for his office.
Demand Media fails at life

JBo

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:41 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 21):

LIL Bush is sad ,poorly written and pretty much just plain predictable. The show really has little imagination , you could get pretty much any deuch bag douchebag at Starbucks to wright write it.

Like most other "original" programming Comedy Central comes up with. For every quality program they have, like South Park, there are 30 or 50 programs they've had that have been utter crap.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

san747

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Quoting JBo (Reply 26):
Like most other "original" programming Comedy Central comes up with. For every quality program they have, like South Park, there are 30 or 50 programs they've had that have been utter crap.

I've noticed a similar trend... Maybe not as exaggerated as 1 for 50, but I've seen a lot of shows come and go in even the last year... Who's heard from "Dog Eats Man?"... "Crank Yankers?"... "I'm With Busey?"... "Halfway Home?"

The best current Comedy Central shows are "South Park", "Reno 911!", and of course the "Daily Show/Colbert Report" duo...
Scotty doesn't know...

tommy767

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:51 am

It's a tacky, immature show. "That's my Bush" was wayy better.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

gunsontheroof

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:13 am

I'm not crazy about it, but it's not nearly as dumb as the first previews I saw made it look. It's probably going to fall into the category of "shows I'll watch if nothing else is on."

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 16):
Found it on YouTube, in case you havent seen it at all yet...

"rah rah Binaca rarah!"

Lil' Cheney is definitely the highlight of the show.

While I'm sure he's not the smartest man in Washington, I believe a certain amount of repsect should be held for the Office.

Nonsense. Politicians are the fairest of game.

DL777LAX

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:40 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 6):
Sometimes I'm in the mood for really stupid comedy - but I just couldn't get into this. I thought the jokes were weak - and I get really sick of that impersonation of an voice that I don't like to begin with.

Agreed.

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 8):

It is fine to make fun of the President, it is almost expected. I just want to see something original

Agreed

Quoting DSMflyer (Reply 11):
It's all been done before. Bush is stupid, we get it. I'm all for making fun of him, but it's done so much, there's not really any originality left to it.

Yes, thank you. I wish all writers of comedies would see that. We get that Bush is a dumba$$, we know that. Go dor something ORIGINAL!!!

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 17):
I think it is a stupid show. The "jokes" are not funny and everything is a re-hashing of what I dislike about the guy in the first place. Not worth my time.

Yeah, it is a reenactment of everything about him that sucks.

Quoting Graphic (Reply 25):
t has its moments (Camp Al Quaeda, Darth Vader is Lil Cheney's dad).

I'll admit that it does have its moments. Its really hit and miss. mainly miss.

Quoting San747 (Reply 27):

I've noticed a similar trend... Maybe not as exaggerated as 1 for 50, but I've seen a lot of shows come and go in even the last year... Who's heard from "Dog Eats Man?"... "Crank Yankers?"... "I'm With Busey?"... "Halfway Home?"

Replace Halfway Home with The Sarah Silverman Show.

Quoting Tommy767 (Reply 28):
It's a tacky, immature show.

Yes.

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 29):

Lil' Cheney is definitely the highlight of the show.

He's the only character that is actually funny to watch. The rest are all just terribly impersonated.

For the most part, you guys took the words out of my mouth.
Blindly following anything is bad, unless of course your blind and your following a guide dog.

san747

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:41 pm

Quoting DL777LAX (Reply 30):
The Sarah Silverman Show.

Well, I didn't mention that show because it's still on... or at least still being rerun.
Scotty doesn't know...

HPLASOps

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 17):

The show is just dump and uncreative. Every "joke" on there is the same shit thousands of other comedians have said about Bush in various forms. It brings nothing to the table and is more annoying to watch than it is funny.

Quoting TriStarEnvy (Reply 12):
If one wonders WHY so many have no respect for anything, go listen to Chevy Chase drop the "F-bomb" when talking about GWB at some event a few years back, or listen to Rosie, or Babs, or Whoopie spout their crap about someone who's the leader of the free world. Yeah, we have a right to "say" it, but I think those in the media need to keep it toned down. There are movies/TV shows I will not watch, because I am sick and tired of being beaten over the head about how dumb some folks think our President happens to be.

Dude, get off your high horse - every president the since the days of newspaper has been poked fun at in some form while still in office. Ever read any of those editorials that always find a way to rip on the current president and his policies? Remember Chevy Chase impersonating Gerald Ford falling down all the time while he was still in office? No matter who has been in office, somebody with a vehicle for their voice has been critical of whose in charge and made sure the pubilc heard that opinion.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

DL777LAX

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:55 am

Quoting San747 (Reply 31):
or at least still being rerun.

It is?

Checks Comedycentral.com

I'll be damned, they renewed it for a second season, and they canned a good show in the process, I'd much rather see Sarah Silverman get canned instead of Halfway Home... damn it.

Bastards!!!

Anyway... umm... yeah, I don' t like lil' Bush, as posted above.
Blindly following anything is bad, unless of course your blind and your following a guide dog.

san747

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Quoting DL777LAX (Reply 33):
It is?

Checks Comedycentral.com

I'll be damned, they renewed it for a second season, and they canned a good show in the process, I'd much rather see Sarah Silverman get canned instead of Halfway Home... damn it.

Bastards!!!

Yeah, I definitely preferred to "Halfway" to "Silverman"... IDK, for some reason, Sarah Silverman seems too obnoxious to me. I like cynical humor, I like humor with profanity and controversial subjects, but it just doesn't seem to work for me with her show.
Scotty doesn't know...