Wolverine
Topic Author

Why Are Women So Complicated?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 am

I really love my girlfriend, but sometimes I just don't understand what she wants..
We wanted to go on a Camping Trip. We planned to start tomorrow. We wanted to spend 2 weeks, just her and me, our tent, some other things, the nature, having some fun, go swimming, relax and maybe spotting some Planes  Wink
Yesterday she told me, she don't want to go. She said, this Trip was my idea, not hers, and she don't like it.
Why do women say yes, but mean no?
So we don't start tomorrow, I'm not sure if we'll start at all.. What do you think? Is this normal?
Face your fears, live your dreams! (No Fear)

mdsh00

RE: Why Are Women So Complicated?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:31 am

I think that's the million dollar question that no man, and probably woman can answer.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

san747

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:32 am

Quoting Wolverine (Thread starter):
What do you think? Is this normal?

Quite normal. It's all part of the game, which we men will probably never understand...
Scotty doesn't know...

sw733

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:34 am

I really love my girlfriend, but sometimes I just don't understand what she wants..

Welcome to the club, buddy.

some other things

Is that code for condoms?

Who knows...honestly, who knows. I think they say it to make us happy, and hope we change out mind before the event (camping, buying a new car, certain...positions, etc.). And then when they realize we won't, they know they can simply say "no" and we can't get too mad (or at least show it).

MCOflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 am

Well lets let the nice woman of A-net answer. Maybe they can shed something into your situation. Is your woman spontaneous and spur the moment type?

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

TACAA320

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 am

Because if they say "yes" and mean "yes" they are men not women. Is that simple.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

ANCFlyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 am

Is this normal?

Where a woman is concerned there is NO Normal . . . there is only  confused  .

I love my g/f to death, but sometimes I wonder . . . . she's blonde, no really she is  tongue   wink  and the stereotype occasionally fits . . .

Wolverine - don't waste your time trying to understand . . . alas you shall lose your mind in the process . . . just remember these few lines and you'll be fine . . .

I love you Dear.

Yes Dear.

You're right Dear.

And keep an extra fridge pack of your favorite beverage handy just in case.  rotfl 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

KaiGywer
Crew

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:43 am

Have a good trip  Smile Enjoy the peace and quietness in the woods without her  Silly
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

Wolverine
Topic Author

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:46 am

LOL!!!

THX Guys!! Good to know that I'm not the only one with such problems...

sw733

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:49 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 6):
I love my g/f to death, but sometimes I wonder . . . . she's blonde, no really she is and the stereotype occasionally fits . . .

Same here!!!!! She's a blonde suburban girl...yikes!

allstarflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:51 am

And keep an extra fridge pack of your favorite beverage handy just in case.

Yeah . . . and what happens when she starts crowding the fridge, or just simply makes a power play - "You can't have that - we're not going to have that in this house" kind of thing? Just seems to me women test boundaries (at the least) sometimes.

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 7):
Have a good trip Enjoy the peace and quietness in the woods without her

rotfl 

Try Askmen.com for some pointers on this. You might get a response like telling her to enjoy herself at home while you and her best gf enjoy the woods together (suitable backup is what they call it) - not that I endorse that, but they'll give you sharp tips.

-R
Living the American Dream

sw733

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:56 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 10):
You might get a response like telling her to enjoy herself at home while you and her best gf enjoy the woods together (suitable backup is what they call it)

I endorse it 100%...wear a cup when you tell her that though or else you may never be able to have kids.

[Edited 2007-07-08 20:57:31]

checkraiser

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:03 am

They're not too complicated, some mathematician figured them out...

N1120A is a camel-fucking terrorist.

rammstein

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:06 am

Yesterday she told me, she don't want to go.

She forgot her period was coming with all the nice psychological effects attached  mischievous 
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

RichPhitzwell

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:14 am

Got to love bash.org

"DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

lamedianaranja

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:14 am

Seems to me there might be another problem bothering her and she wants to find out! Talk, talk, talk to your girlfriends, boys and you won't have to guess. Advice from someone who's both a mom to teenage boys and a girlfriend to a nice, talkative guy  Cool.

In my case I'd love to go camping with my guy (yes, the ultimate test for a relationship, I know) but only if I was sure things were 100% allright between us. You're going to be in very close proximity to each other 24 hrs a day and even have to do survival tricks and depend on each other. Just as scary for girls as for boys!
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

Coz

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:17 am

sw733

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:24 am

Quoting Rammstein (Reply 13):
She forgot her period was coming with all the nice psychological effects attached

Very, very, very, very, very true.

Quoting RichPhitzwell (Reply 14):
A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

ManuCH
Crew

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:33 am

OK, I'll try to give a serious answer, eventhough that's not an easy task. I think there are 2 distinct possibilities why your gf decided to suddenly cancel the trip:

1. there's something wrong in the relationship, something she wants to tell you and that you need to straighten out before going on vacation. Women often aren't good at expressing what they feel, and it might be a good idea to try and find out what the problem is

2. she really doesn't like camping, and simply didn't have the guts to say "no" when you originally planned the trip. Forget it, she will never say "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have accepted in the first place, I'm wrong but I hope you'll forgive me". She will find stupid excuses and never admit that she doesn't like camping.

The hard part is finding out which one it is. Good luck - and really, try talking to her!
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

wilco737

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting Checkraiser (Reply 12):

Quoting Coz (Reply 16):

Damn right, damn right man  bigthumbsup 

I think this is one of the last unsolved mysteries on this planet: WOMEN...

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

Wolverine
Topic Author

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:45 am

So, ok, I'll try talking to her.. I really don't know what the problem is, but let's see if we can find out..
I know she would never say that she's sorry, even if she is.

allstarflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting Wolverine (Reply 20):
I know she would never say that she's sorry, even if she is.

ouch  I've been there. Why do women do that? Self-righteousness? A feeling they'll lose "bargaining power" (or any other "power") in the relationship? A feeling that only men can do wrong in the relationship, even if the woman messes up, thus, women don't apologize?? This one irks me.  irked 

-R

Femme

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:04 am

Have you guys not read the book 'Women are from Venus, men are from Mars' ( Or is the other way round ?)

It explains a lot !

My guess to the question concerned is that she is not sure that this trip is such a good idea - How long have you been together ? She may not be ready to spend that length of time just you and her under the stars ?? Could be that...And is backing out. Once you boys get an Idea in your head that 'This is planned and there's no going back' it can be difficult for us ladies to say " Well actually that's not my idea of a holiday and I didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying no"

To defend the fairer sex, Men latch onto ideas and we are supposed to follow , well we don't want to all of the time !!

Talk to her and tell her that it's OK, she must have her reasons for backing out of the trip - Silly as it sounds the thought of all those creepy crawlies is enough to put some of us off - me included!! Give me my creature comforts any day!!

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 4):
Well lets let the nice woman of A-net answer

Thank you MCO !!

Complicated ??? Yes definately Big grin
Women don't have hot flushes, they have Power Surges....

sw733

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:12 am

Quoting Femme (Reply 22):
To defend the fairer sex, Men latch onto ideas and we are supposed to follow , well we don't want to all of the time !!

And that's understandable, it goes both ways, but...don't lie and say "yes" when in the end you know you'll cancel after getting his hopes all up.

allstarflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:14 am

Have you guys not read the book 'Women are from Venus, men are from Mars' (

Read it, have a copy in the place. That's not the only good book on it. Try "The System" from AskMen. Good stuff.

-R

TheCol

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:16 am

I won't argue with those equations.
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

Femme

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:24 am

Hey Coz

rotfl   rotfl 

Like it !!

Filler
Fuller
Fatter .......Just in case
Women don't have hot flushes, they have Power Surges....

Wolverine
Topic Author

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:37 am

We're together since last year February. We did the same Trip last year, she said, she was happy. I think she really was.
So I don't know what her problem is, she just said, she don't wanna talk about it any way..
Maybe I should go on my own, visit some Airports, spot some Planes, I don't know..She says, if I do this, she'll leave me.

metroliner

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:44 am

oh my god! what a choice, women or planes... that's a bit drastic of her. tell her to stop being moody and decide - but whatever you do, don't waste your holiday by sitting around listening to her being grumpy!

yes 

toni
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

OPNLguy

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:56 am

I think your question can best be answered by the following.

A guy is strolling the beach near San Diego one day, when he catches the reflection of something shiny in the sand. It digs a little, and discovers that it's what appears to be a magic lamp. He rubs it, and "POOF", a Genie appears.

The guy is ecstatic and says "Wow, now I get 3 wishes!" to which the Genie explains that he's not exactly that kind of Genie. The Genie also says that the guy is only entitled to 1 wish, and that the Genie has the final say as to whether it's granted or not.

These unconventional restrictions cause the guy to think long and hard about what he's going to chose as his single wish. He finally tells the Genie that he's always wanted to visit Hawaii but that since he's scared of both flying and sailing, he wants the Genie to build him a bridge from San Diego to Hawaii so he can drive there.

The Genie says that wish is the stupidest wish that he's ever heard of, and to pick another wish.

The guys says "Well, I've always wanted to understand women..."

The Genie then says "Do you want that bridge 2-lanes or 4-lanes?"
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

ACDC8

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 am

I doubt that women even understand themselves which is why they expect us to understand them for them. Just like the whole toilet seat thing. They expect us to put it down after we're done with it. Why? Why don't they put it back up after they're done with it?  Wink
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

yowza

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 am

I love you Dear.

Yes Dear.

You're right Dear.

And keep an extra fridge pack of your favorite beverage handy just in case.

Truer words were never spoken.

Quoting Coz (Reply 16):

Great pair of dashboards.

YOWza

747srule

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:41 am

If it has Tits or Tires, it's gonna be trouble!!! Any questions?
Jesus is the way,the truth,and the life

allstarflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:50 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 30):
They expect us to put it down after we're done with it. Why? Why don't they put it back up after they're done with it?

I guess some guys don't bother and just go whether it's left down or up. I wouldn't know any, though.  angel 

-R

kmh1956

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:11 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 5):
Because if they say "yes" and mean "yes" they are men not women.

Maybe I'm a rarity, but I never say what I don't mean. If I say yes, i mean yes.

Quoting 747srule (Reply 32):
If it has Tits or Tires, it's gonna be trouble!!!

I always heard "if it has tires or testicles, it's trouble!"

I don't think we're complicated, it's just that men are simpler.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

MCOflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:52 am

Thank you MCO !!

Your welcome.

I think it would be in his best interest to take advice from woman or go to cosmopolitan's website.

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 34):
If it has Tits or Tires, it's gonna be trouble!!!

I always heard "if it has tires or testicles, it's trouble!"

1st time i've heard this.

Bottom line: Ask her what she wants? With woman, anything is possible. They are such neat and they do everything in sync.

Hunter

N231YE

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:58 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 29):

I knew that one was going to show up!

freckles

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:23 am

They're not too complicated, some mathematician figured them out...

That's some pretty good mathematics.

I'm a woman, we are complicated, if we weren't we'd be men...

TSS

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:54 am

Quoting Wolverine (Reply 20):
So, ok, I'll try talking to her.. I really don't know what the problem is, but let's see if we can find out..

Quoting Wolverine (Reply 27):
So I don't know what her problem is, she just said, she don't wanna talk about it any way..

It sounds like she's making a power play just to see if you'll give up doing something you really want to do for no good reason at all.

Quoting Wolverine (Reply 27):
Maybe I should go on my own, visit some Airports, spot some Planes, I don't know..She says, if I do this, she'll leave me.

If she's going to keep saying "yes" in the planning stage and then "no" for no apparent reason just before it's time to leave on every trip, would breaking up really be a bad thing?
If you agreed to go somewhere she wanted to go and then changed your mind at the last minute with no explanation, would she put up with that behavior from you?

Have a good trip   Enjoy the peace and quietness in the woods without her  

Wise words.  Smile
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

WellHung

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:02 am

Consider yourself lucky. Maybe you have a different idea of camping, but to me it means sleeping in a tent in the middle of nowhere with little to no contact with the outside world or other people. If she's giving you shit just for planning this, imagine how bad it would be if you had no escape for 2 weeks. After 3 days without a hair dryer, she would probably look like Medusa, anyway. Take here camping for a weekend and leave it at that.

legoguy

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 am

We wanted to go on a Camping Trip.

We wanted to spend 2 weeks, just her and me, our tent, some other things, the nature, having some fun, go swimming, relax and maybe spotting some Planes

A female can not survive in a tent for 2 weeks! They need electricity for hair driers, hair straighteners etc etc

Isn't two weeks abit long for a camping trips. Offer a compromise... A camping trip for one or two days.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

vaporlock

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:09 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 4):
Well lets let the nice woman of A-net answer. Maybe they can shed something into your situation.

Well, from a womans point of view.....

Let her know that you have 2 weeks vacation and you don't want to hang around and do nothing. Explain that you've worked hard to get this vacation time and you want to do something that you'll both remember and enjoy. Ask her what she would like to do for the 2 weeks, don't bring up the camping/spotting and see if she can give you any ideas. If she does, then you'll have to decide if this is something you want to spend your time off work doing.

Heck, 2 weeks camping and spotting sounds great to me. Is she into aviation? Maybe because you did this last year she at first said yes and then thought there was something else she'd be happier doing?

Hopefully, you can come up with a comprimise....

Good Luck

Phyllis  bouncy 

allstarflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:12 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 40):
Offer a compromise... A camping trip for one or two days.

Quoting WellHung (Reply 39):
Take here camping for a weekend and leave it at that.

Not bad how you both came up with the same conclusion 6 seconds apart.

Yeah, take her out for a day or two, see how she fares. If she hates it, bring 'er home. Be honest - let her know you'll bring her home when she wants to go home, and then live up to it. Being honest like that keeps you in the clear if she hates it, and if she actually enjoys herself, you've just scored by keeping your plans intact.

-R

MCOflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 am

Aren't all women different? You guys could compromise or you could do something else. Why don't you guys visit Niagra falls for a week and leave the other week open.

Hunter

copaair737

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:56 am

It's all a game. You got to be the bastard in the relationship. Women love bastards.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

N174UA

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:07 pm

What do you think?

Go on your own and have a blast. Have a beer for me, too.

checkmark  Most intelligent piece of advice so far.

Quoting RichPhitzwell (Reply 14):
"DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

LOL....that says it all right there. Well...almost all....this one is #1:

"You're the nicest guy I've ever met"

sw733

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 34):
Maybe I'm a rarity, but I never say what I don't mean. If I say yes, i mean yes.

Yeah yeah, every woman says they only say what they mean, but it's a lie.

Just like when a guy says something starting with "most women..." to which the girl says "well I'm not like most women"...oh yes you are, don't even!

doug_or

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:29 pm

If it has Tits or Tires, it's gonna be trouble!!! Any questions?

if it floats,
fly,
or kcufs

its cheaper and easier to rent.
When in doubt, one B pump off

LOT767-300ER

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 10):
Yeah . . . and what happens when she starts crowding the fridge, or just simply makes a power play - "You can't have that - we're not going to have that in this house" kind of thing? Just seems to me women test boundaries (at the least) sometimes.

Obviously you are dealing with an American girl if she says "You cant have that in this house"

I never watched wrestling but the Rock said it best.

"Know your role, and shut your mouth"

What the hell is wrong with you guys, never listened to Guilty Conscience by Dre/Eminem?

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 30):
They expect us to put it down after we're done with it. Why? Why don't they put it back up after they're done with it?

Sometimes ye gotta unload the battle fleet, thats why.

MCOflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Quoting N174UA (Reply 45):

checkmark Most intelligent piece of advice so far.

Wouldn't someone want to be with someone as issues can get worked out? Men should never give up.

Hunter