allstarflyer

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:08 am

After checking the search engine for references to 'whiners, I chanced upon this thread - Petition To Bring Back Jericho - and felt the torture endured by many who watched it (except, mainly, the threadstarter). Then finding other horrible programming through Wikipedia (awful source, but this time for humor's sake), I found this one - Plan 9 from Outer Space. The summary under Z Movie describes it as "incoherent . . . bizarre . . . inept . . . intrusive narration, the cheapest conceivable special effects", and "shambling about at a snail's pace, thus bringing the monstrous 'creeping terror' to the screen".

Kinda sounds like Anet, doesn't it?  duck 

biggrin 

{Disclaimer - I love Anet, but what's wrong with a little jab once in awhile?  box  - I know I've mentioned these horrible movies previously, too - just can't remember when).

-R
Living the American Dream

copaair737

RE: Plan 9 From Outer Space

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:28 am

The Misfits (1980s Punk band from Lodi, NJ) named their record label "Plan 9" in honor of that film. A lot of their songs and such were named after old horror flicks of that nature though.
I never saw it, but I did see it got named one of the worst movies ever.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

mbmbos

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:49 am

I've seen it and it is incredibly goofy. But it has its own internal logic to it aesthetic.

It's a must-see!

Smile

DrDeke

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 am

Outer space is great and all, but what about Plan 9 From Bell Labs???

http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9/

Have any of you computer nerds ever run this? I did, once, but I was drunk and I installed some other operating system on the computer the next day  bouncy .

DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

RichPhitzwell

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Some reason I immediately thought of "Ferris Bueller's day Off"

9 times
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

ltbewr

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:24 pm

At different times, A-net may be considered a bad horror film like "Plan 9"  covereyes  a soap opera  spin  a boring bio or a even more boring documentry  tired  a comedy,  laughing  a political arguement show  box  a visit to the psych hospital where the luintics run it  crazy  a Mothy Python sketch  dopey  and often entertaining and worth visiting  Cool