MCOflyer
Topic Author

Your Opinion Of Toyota

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:22 am

As I work for a dealer that has them I must say my opinion has gone upon them. I used to think that they were cruddy but now after driving them compared to other vehicles, they seem to deprecate better, live longer, and are harder to get. When I mean harder to get, most Prius models come sold after unloading off the truck. So far the Yaris and Tundra is bar my favorite car and truck. I wanted to see if anyone shared my feelings about this fabulous car company.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

charlienorth

RE: Your Opinion Of Toyota

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 am

I used to be down on Toyota,but I have to say they make a long lasting product,my sister bought a new Corolla in 1988,and the thing is going strong,my 14 year old niece lives with the threat that that will be her car in two years,my wife bought a new camry in '95(over my objections) and it's been very reliable,no complaints.Test drove a Tundra and a Highlander and I have to say I'm impressed.I've had Ford and G.M. products and I may just get a Toyota next.NEVER EVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT!!
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

CupraIbiza

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:33 am

My first car was a 1973 Toyota Celica. 1600cc Twin Cam. Went like a rocket. I never serviced it in the 5 years I owned it. They have always had a reputation here for reliability. With around USD20 billion in cash they are well on their way to world domination
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

mbmbos

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am

We love our 97 Camry. It's still running strong. Drives like a dream.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

vaporlock

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am

No doubt, Toyota make great cars that last!!!

Phyllis  bouncy 

A332

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:52 am

Toyota makes great vehicles... I just won't ever own one... but there is a reason why that company has succeeded where so many others have failed.

That said, GM for life!
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

dl021

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 am

It is one of the great engineering companies of all time and they make a fantastic automotive product.

Their production techniques (some of which descend from Deming and his work there after the second world war) are the envy of the worlds manufactors....to the point that Boeing and Northrup Grumman have contracted with Toyota engineers to improve their production lines (Boeings moving line comes from Toyota....and it has been introduced in factories from refrigerators to shipyards).

They are a huge employer here in the States and they deserve all the success they're enjoying.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

virgin744

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:57 am

I bought my first Toyota (Corolla 2005 model) in 2006 and think its a fantastic car, economical, reliable and not flashy at all. My next car or SUV will most likely be Toyota as well.

virgin744

Gunships

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:59 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Thread starter):
Your Opinion Of Toyota

I'm not impressed.

signed,
Michael Waltrip

mdsh00

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:02 am

Well my father works for them so I have to have a good opinion.  Wink

Even though I am personally a Honda fan, Toyota is a great company and makes great products and if not a Honda, I would get a Toyota.

BTW, the new Lexus LS 460L is AMAZING
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

Springbok747

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

Bought my first Toyota (an Echo) in 2000, then traded it in for a Yaris last year. Now my cousin drives it, and she loves it. Never had any problems with any of our Toyotas..they are excellent cars. They have an excellent reputation here, and maintain their value..and are much easier to sell than the Holden (GM) crap we get here.
אני תומך בישראל

ltbewr

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:24 am

There is no doubt that Toyota had developed over the last 40+ years into the top 4 of the world as to mainline automobile and light truck production. I remember their first products in the USA, the Land Cruiser 'jeep' vehicle in the mid-1960's and the 'Corona' sedans. Those first vehicles were not particularly good vehicles, but better than other smaller cars of the time, very economical and generally with good engines. Toyota gained a lot in the 1972-73 oil crises due to their good fuel mileage and in comparison to the USA small cars, especially the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, seemed to be better made and designed. Those early 1970's models had problems with rusting in 5-6 years and the automatic transmissions in those early cars were terrible but at least had decent engines that could last 90-100000 miles.
Today's models are rather boring but made well, and along with their reliability being the main selling point (also with Honda vehicles). Where my problems with the Toyota, Nissan and Honda brands, is that as to USA and Canadian production cars, they are not United Auto Workers plants and are placed in anti-Union or weak Union areas and states. They also are not committed like GM, Ford or Chrysler with the overhead costs of retired workers and never will as most of their line employees probably are in 401(k) retirement programs, not pensions. That gives them the difference of over $1000 per car part of which they can reinvest and improve their cars, and can stay ahead of the old big 3.

CupraIbiza

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:40 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 11):
Where my problems with the Toyota, Nissan and Honda brands, is that as to USA and Canadian production cars, they are not United Auto Workers plants and are placed in anti-Union or weak Union areas and states. They also are not committed like GM, Ford or Chrysler with the overhead costs of retired workers and never will as most of their line employees probably are in 401(k) retirement programs, not pensions. That gives them the difference of over $1000 per car part of which they can reinvest and improve their cars, and can stay ahead of the old big 3.

Doesnt that tell you that this pension system is not sustainable?

Aaron747

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:20 am

^
You should see their union practices here in Japan. That said...

Obviously I'm a fan of Toyota. I live in their home area so much of the local economy depends on their success and many of my Japanese friends work for Toyota group companies. They treat their employees with dignity and respect and employ loyalty like no other. Particularly on the Japanese side, the devotion to the company and team is unmatched in today's corporate environment and really speaks to the company's success in creating a sense of unified pride and purpose.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

jafa39

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:24 am

I get to drive a lot of Toyota Hire-Cars....nothing wrong with them....heaps nicer to drive than the Ford Focus that I occaisionally get given if i have been bad.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

Kuna

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:36 am

Quoting Gunships (Reply 8):

I'm not impressed.

signed,
Michael Waltrip

LMFAO...  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

I love them, when I purchase my next car/truck it will be a Toyota. More than likely a Tundra.
Pinnacle Airlines

MCOflyer
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:52 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 14):
I get to drive a lot of Toyota Hire-Cars.

I'll drive at least 5 if not 6 in one day. My record is 4 Tundra's, 3 Corolla's, and 2 XB's, and 1 Sienna in one day.

Hunter

NoWorries

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 am

I had a 1977 Celica -- after 125,000 and no problems I stopped changing the oil (just topped it off) figuring it would die soon -- finally got rid of it at 175,000 -- engine still ran but rest of car was seriously worn. I think Toyotas were always mechanically solid, and over the years they've gotten better in the more subtle areas as well. I currently own a Honda but could easily see getting another Toyota (for example a big V8 Tundra would sure be appealing if it weren't for $3 gasoline Sad ).

Acey

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:27 pm

My dad is now on his third 4Runner and he loves it. My mom drives a Santa Fe but is looking to buy either a Camry or Corolla. There's a good number of them around here, but the dominant vehicle by far seems to be the Sunfire/Cavalier/Grand Am.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

flybyguy

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 13):
Particularly on the Japanese side, the devotion to the company and team is unmatched in today's corporate environment and really speaks to the company's success in creating a sense of unified pride and purpose.

You might be in a particularly unique situation to answer this, but my friend's mother from Hong Kong insists that Toyota keeps their best work to be sold domestically, but exports everything they feel don't meet Japanese domestic standards? This is one reason (as she explains it) why when she bought a new Camry, she had it bought and shipped from Japan rather than buying it in Hong Kong.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

bill142

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Toyotas are good, strong, reliable cars. The only issues is they're a bit bland style wise. This is one pitfall of trying to create a single car for every market. But obviously this isn't an issue since they're still selling in droves. One thing that goes in their favour is the fact that they have nearly every market segement covered, from big trucks down to little cars.

CupraIbiza

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Obviously I'm a fan of Toyota. I live in their home area so much of the local economy depends on their success and many of my Japanese friends work for Toyota group companies. They treat their employees with dignity and respect and employ loyalty like no other. Particularly on the Japanese side, the devotion to the company and team is unmatched in today's corporate environment and really speaks to the company's success in creating a sense of unified pride and purpose.

Dont forget Kaizen - They love their Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) I know someone who works for Toyota locally and they are constantly having Kaizen workshops to improve processes/procedures etc etc. Its an amazing philosophy. Even when you are No 1 in car sales to keep pushong the boundaries and improving

withak

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Love my '87 Corolla hatchback. 5spd manual with no power steering makes it a hoot to drive, I can tell exactly what it wants to do. Got it about 2.5 years ago and is actually driving better than when I bought it, amazingly reliable. Best thing is I doubt I will ever be able to kill it without snapping it in two. It will be a sad day when I have to let it go.

Also, for those who haven't seen how hard it is to kill a Toyota Hilux here's what they did to one on Top Gear, simply amazing!

WithaK

MD-90

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:46 pm

Quoting NoWorries (Reply 17):
I had a 1977 Celica -- after 125,000 and no problems I stopped changing the oil (just topped it off) figuring it would die soon -- finally got rid of it at 175,000 -- engine still ran but rest of car was seriously worn.

My 1985 Cressida had the 5M-GE engine that was notorious for leaking oil, and I had to put in about a quart a week (from 190K to 211K miles). If I could've changed the oil filter without changing the oil itself I wouldn't have bothered to ever change the oil since none of it stayed in the engine for more than maybe 2 months. You could tell that Cressida was an actual import, made in Japan...very high quality.

HPLASOps

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:02 pm

I currently drive a Tacoma that I've had for 4 years now. I love it - very reliable, never had any problems with them. My parents have each had Camrys and my dad has an Avalon. All have been good reliable vehicles. I believe Toyota makes great vehicles that last forever and I respect the way they run their business and the methods they choose to stay competitve in the marketplace. I won't say a bad thing about Toyota.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

N1120A

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:53 pm

Toyota makes a very reliable, very ergonomically efficient car, but a lot of their model line has lacked appeal for me of late. Now, the MKIV Supra Twin Turbo, which still is my favorite car, is a completely different story, but nothing in Toyota's line runs with that much horsepower, little weight and handling ability. Still, for the market they compete in, there is absolutely nothing out there better than a Toyota.

Quoting CupraIbiza (Reply 12):

Doesnt that tell you that this pension system is not sustainable?

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 11):
They also are not committed like GM, Ford or Chrysler with the overhead costs of retired workers and never will as most of their line employees probably are in 401(k) retirement programs, not pensions. That gives them the difference of over $1000 per car part of which they can reinvest and improve their cars, and can stay ahead of the old big 3.

Incorrect. Even in the US, Toyota has a defined contribution pension plan totaling about 6.5% of each worker's yearly earnings.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

LOT767-300ER

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Thread starter):
So far the Yaris and Tundra is bar my favorite car and truck.

Not to ruin an opinion but if a Yaris is your favorite car, thats pretty damn unimaginitive.

My beef with Toyota runs mostly on the European market....their European division sells cars which are probably some of the ugliest and cheapest underpowered crap ever. I mean underpowered even for the market.

Not really sure when you guys last sat in a Aygo though. It makes the Chevy Aveo and other GMDAT products look like Rolls Royce's when you sit in the interior.

Dont mind Toyota in the USA at all, but wouldnt ever own one because I have no interest in bland econoboxes. My interests lie in power and handling...something that Americans and Europeans do much better than Toyota. Ditty for SUVs and Pickups.

Count me in as a fan of the Supra MKIV Turbo/TT though.

CaptOveur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:16 pm

I like the cars.. I kind of wish they would have built the new plant for the tundra elsewhere though.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Molykote

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 pm

Toyota makes excellent (but often bland) cars.

I'm 25 and have owned one Toyota product (ES300). It's a great car but I jokingly refer to it as "soy-based" due to its color (tan exterior and interior) and general lack of distinct personality.
Speedtape - The aspirin of aviation!

DLOnur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:31 pm

I've had a number of Toyota trucks and they are phenomenal.

My favorite, of course, is the Toyota Land Cruiser. I would argue the most reliable mass produced vehicle ever made.

Made by Araco (Toyota Auto Body--Arakawa) for Toyota and is still the only vehicle Toyota makes that is completly constructed in Japan and shipped to the States.

Other parts of the world receive the "real" Land Cruisers--the 70 series Cruisers: Solid front and rear axles, optional electronically controlled differential lockers, a real 4wd transfer case, 1-ton transmission, turbo diesel--just phenomenal stuff.

North American receives the LX470/Toyota Land Cruiser, and the Lexus GX470 which is really a Land Cruiser Prado (as marketed in all of the other countries worldwide). Marketed for the yuppie crowd in the US--generally, the soccer moms driving these around have no idea what they are driving....

Here's a recent picture of my truck at the VLA in New Mexico:

Big version: Width: 1496 Height: 1122 File size: 509kb
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80
What you believe is what you see.

Molykote

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:57 pm

Quoting DLOnur (Reply 29):
Made by Araco (Toyota Auto Body--Arakawa) for Toyota and is still the only vehicle Toyota makes that is completly constructed in Japan and shipped to the States.

I'm assuming your comment applies only to Toyota branded products. However, I thought some Camrys were made in Japan and sent to the States.

Am I flat incorrect or is this practice discontinued?

Dougloid

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 6):
(Boeings moving line comes from Toyota....and it has been introduced in factories from refrigerators to shipyards).

Huh? WTF?

The first real job I ever had was in the summer of 1966 at a Fedders air conditioner factory in New Jersey. I was an assembler. The assembly line moved, all the time. I remember this quite clearly.

As a matter of fact every production job I ever held had a moving assembly line.I think that you'll find that Henry Ford had a moving assembly line in his Model T factory. In 1966, there were very few Toyotas in the US, and they were being sold by used car lots and seedy garages.

You should see their union practices here in Japan. That said...

Tell me more. I'm interested.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

tommy767

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:18 pm

My parents purchased a 1993 Previa brand new back in the day that ran for 219,000 miles. My dad stopped taking care of it after a certain point (say 2000) but the car still kept up. I have to say that after my parents wore the previa into the ground, I never wanted to own another Toyota again. I was just too damn sick of it, and the base Previa was EXTREMELY bare.

Then in december 2006 I purchased a 1997 Camry XLE with the V6:

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 3):
We love our 97 Camry. It's still running strong. Drives like a dream.

^^ I can't agree more. It has a current 81,000 miles and has a very quick engine. I drove it across the country from Los Angeles to New Jersey in May and it put out a very comfortable and reliable ride. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm putting in a brand new sound system for it.

As for the new Toyota, I'm really not a fan of their body styles. I often think GM does it better in this category. Also watch out for their stereo systems. They often put out way too much treble. If you don't buy a premium system you'll probably have to upgrade it after buying the car.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

LOT767-300ER

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:45 pm

Quoting Tommy767 (Reply 32):
Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm putting in a brand new sound system for it.

As for the new Toyota, I'm really not a fan of their body styles. I often think GM does it better in this category. Also watch out for their stereo systems. They often put out way too much treble. If you don't buy a premium system you'll probably have to upgrade it after buying the car.

All factory sound systems are terrible. No matter if its a Premium system such as Monsoon, Bose or Infinity.

I doubt you want to discuss this with me, not only do I have $9000 worth of audio and video equipment in my cars my job is installing mobile audio/video so I could make this a really really really long discussion.

You could tell me what system your putting in, im most interested in that though.

Molykote

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 33):
All factory sound systems are terrible. No matter if its a Premium system such as Monsoon, Bose or Infinity.

Agreed. In fact Bose in general sucks (especially for the money). Most of the population needs to learn this (in addition to the fact that Bose isn't expensive by the standards of good audio equipment).

melpax

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Quoting DLOnur (Reply 29):

The 'Cruisers are tough as hell, there's miles of them on the roads here. And most of them that are on the roads of Melbourne are being driven by 'soccer mums' & wannabe 'urban cowboys'. Go out into the bush, though & it's another matter, most of them are used for their intended purpose. The 70-series is still sold here as well, they have a solid following for those who want a no BS workhorse that won't stop. Having a large factory here also helps matters. Camrys are made here in MEL for local consumption & for export to places such as the Mid East. Strangely enough the Corollas sold here are made in South Africa. The Prius also sells like hotcakes here. We have a few in our fleet at work (so they can say they're doing something for the enviroment), one of the guys booked one the other day & couldn't work out how to start it! He ended up changing the booking to a Corolla.....
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

Dougloid

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:01 pm

My parents purchased a 1993 Previa brand new back in the day that ran for 219,000 miles. My dad stopped taking care of it after a certain point (say 2000) but the car still kept up. I have to say that after my parents wore the previa into the ground, I never wanted to own another Toyota again. I was just too damn sick of it, and the base Previa was EXTREMELY bare.

God help you if you ever had to do any kind of work at all on the powerplant. I went to the local junkyard to get parts for my truck and there are a couple Previas. I still do not have any idea where in hell the engine is.

MD-90

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:21 pm

Quoting Captoveur (Reply 27):
I like the cars.. I kind of wish they would have built the new plant for the tundra elsewhere though.

What's wrong with San Antonio?

One of my aunts had a 1994 supercharged Previa and she used to tow her 18ft Bayliner with it. According to her husband, it managed it pretty well (something I always found a bit hard to believe). Her son finally wrecked it and she replaced it with a 1995 Land Cruiser (which I liked because it had an extremely solid feel to it).

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 33):

I liked the Monsoon in the B5.5 Passat, I thought it sounded pretty good and it had a really well-designed faceplate. How about the Mark Levinson in Lexuses?

Superfly

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 pm

The only Toyota I like is the Cressida, especially the pre-1986 models.
The FJ Cruiser is nice and started a thread about it last winter.

I wish they's import the Century.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/1997_Toyota_Century_02.jpg/800px-1997_Toyota_Century_02.jpg
Bring back the Concorde

melpax

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 38):

There's still quite a few of those old Cressida's on the roads here, usually driven by retirees! As a result, more than a few of them are kept in pristine condition.
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

Superfly

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:14 pm

Quoting Melpax (Reply 39):
There's still quite a few of those old Cressida's on the roads here, usually driven by retirees! As a result, more than a few of them are kept in pristine condition.

Same here in California. You'd think they're still in production.
My oldest sister bought a 1982 model in 1990. That car rode almost as nice as an Oldmobile or Buick.
I liked the fact that it was rear-wheel drive with a very solid straight 6 and very smooth transmission.
I also liked the luxury appointments such as loose cushion button-down leather seats, brushed aluminum panel for the AM/FM stereo cassette, back-lit 7-band equilizer, and left & right LED output VU meters.
Bring back the Concorde

Dougloid

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:42 pm

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 37):
ne of my aunts had a 1994 supercharged Previa and she used to tow her 18ft Bayliner with it. According to her husband, it managed it pretty well (something I always found a bit hard to believe). Her son finally wrecked it and she replaced it with a 1995 Land Cruiser (which I liked because it had an extremely solid feel to it).

After our Voyager died an ignominious death a block from home I swore off Chrysler products for good.

My first inclination was to try and get a Previa, but I could not get a decent one without spending far more money than I wanted to. I did a little looking around for something in that line with rear wheel drive (the fwd on the Voyager was a maintenance hog) and I found a 1993 Mazda MPV three miles from here. It's far easier to work on than any other rear wheel drive minivans and better than most FWD ones.

mdodd

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:49 pm

Agreed, Toyota makes amazing cars for great value and that last a long time.

I own a Camry from 88, ntm I know multiple other people who own Toyota cars and love them.

Cheers to Toyota!

Chi-town

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:54 pm

I have a Lexus ES330 which is made by Toyota and I love it. Does that count??

I used to have a 1998 Toyota Avalon...Anyways, If I were to get another car I would most certainly have to look at a Toyota. They run great, the hold their value well, and they ride nice. I never once had a problem with my Avalon in the 5 years that I had it.

CaptOveur

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:20 am

What's wrong with San Antonio?

I'm here and I could have lived without the influx of people.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

MD-90

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:07 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 38):

Close, the new ones came out in 1985.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 40):
My oldest sister bought a 1982 model in 1990. That car rode almost as nice as an Oldmobile or Buick.
I liked the fact that it was rear-wheel drive with a very solid straight 6 and very smooth transmission.
I also liked the luxury appointments such as loose cushion button-down leather seats, brushed aluminum panel for the AM/FM stereo cassette, back-lit 7-band equilizer, and left & right LED output VU meters.

Amen. We had a 1981 sedan that my dad bought used from his mother-in-law, and a 1985 wagon that my mom bought new, and it became my first car 15 years later. I loved the 2.8 Six and RWD feels so much better than FWD. Neither of our cars had leather (thankfully so, leather and Alabama just don't go together).

MCOflyer
Topic Author

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:15 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 26):
Not to ruin an opinion but if a Yaris is your favorite car, thats pretty damn unimaginitive.

Its a good little car. Who gives a lfying fuc* about looks?

We are scheduled to recieve the new 08 Highlanders next month and the new Scion XD next month. Customers love Toyota's. I have never had one quit on me in the middle of the street. Mark my words, I drive a Suzuki and am already in love with the Toyota.

Hunter

USCGC130

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:09 am

I've owned three Toyotas, albeit none recently: a '78 pickup, an '82 pickup, and a '90 Supra. They were all excellent vehicles, well-made and dependable. (In the four years I owned the '78 pickup, the only malfunction it ever had was a single burned-out taillight bulb.) The Supra was awesome -- comfortable, fast, and well-handling.

Sadly, nowadays Toyota doesn't offer anything that really rings my chimes. The top-end Avalon seems like it'd be a nice c car to own, although the Avalon in general is a bit of a fogeymobile. And that's the problem with Toyotas: they're so boring and humdrum nowadays.

AirframeAS

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:25 am

The 2006 Toyota Corolla Sports is the most sexiest looking car, IMO! I want one of these! But the problem is, its suited for women more then men. I see more women driving it than men do. Oh well!

A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

LOT767-300ER

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:27 am

I liked the Monsoon in the B5.5 Passat, I thought it sounded pretty good and it had a really well-designed faceplate. How about the Mark Levinson in Lexuses?

Crap. Anything stock is crap in the world of car audio. If we are talking about say a ML system in a GS Series its probably one of the best OEM systems but it comes nowhere near of what you can do, especially if you listen to low end of it. An easy upgrade would be to rip out that 11 channel amp that never actually outputs the 330watts (100W dedicated to sub) its supposed to and the factory subs and replace them. Problem is even if you drop something mediocre/semi-good like say 2xKicker 5 channel for the speakers and a Mono Class D for the sub you will either have to listen to them on a low volume or you will blow them.

So many options I could write here forever. I will say that I would never buy a car with factory navigation if I could help it. Its just throwing money out the window if you want to upgrade your system later.

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 46):
Its a good little car. Who gives a lfying fuc* about looks?

I give a flying f*ck that I at least can accelerate down the onramp and I have some room to breathe. When is the last time you drove a 1.0L Yaris?

[Edited 2007-07-12 20:42:08]