mt99

Cigars As Celebrations?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:05 am

Was at The Police concert the other day (dont laugh now) and the 2 couples in front of me lit up 2 foul smelling cigars as soon as the concert started. The guys would puff some - then give them to their respective wives/girlfriends and then they would puff while posing for pictures. I guess if i use my imagination i can see that that is phallic activity - its just disturbing to me. If it s a hetero-thing to see women with brown sticks in their mouths - why do guys smoke them too?

The finish the cigars - then when "Everything She Does is Magic" started - they celebrated by lighting up again.. Everyone behind and around them were clearly not enjoying the awful smell..

So my question to all of you cigar smokers out there - what are is the appeal? I guess to some it could taste good - but i have a feeling that there is something more i am missing..
Step into my office, baby

prosa

RE: Cigars As Celebrations?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:07 am

Are you sure it was tobacco in those cigars?
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

miamiair

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 am

I smoke a couple of cigars a day. I like the stronger ones. I refrain when there are non-smokers around. I find a cigar relaxing and enjoy the flavor...

You will catch a good buzz from the stronger ones.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

mdodd

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 am

Quoting PROSA (Reply 1):

Haha true.

To some people its like having a cold beer.

mt99

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:19 am

Quoting PROSA (Reply 1):

Yea - i am - if it wasn't we would have all been asking for some..lol

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 2):
I smoke a couple of cigars a day. I like the stronger ones. I refrain when there are non-smokers around. I find a cigar relaxing and enjoy the flavor...

See now - that makes sense. You enjoy it - have at it! - but why as a celebration? i mean no one can like The Police THAT much!
Step into my office, baby