f.pier

What's The Difference Between Coke Zero And Light?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:46 am

The taste seems to be the same....
At the beginning I thought that the Zero wouldn't have neather caffeione nor sugar, but it ha sthe caffeine, exactly like Light version.

Sabena332

RE: What's The Difference Between Coke Zero And Light?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:57 am

They use a different sweetener for Coke Zero than for Coke Light. In my opinion does Zero taste far better than Light (or Diet), in fact, I am drinking a Zero at the moment.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

ManuCH
Crew

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:59 am

I have no idea about the chemical difference, but in my opinion Coke Zero has a definitely less ugly taste than Coke Light. It still has the artificial sweetener which leaves the ugly after-taste. Just not as ugly as Coke Light  Smile
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

HALFA

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:02 am

Quoting F.pier (Thread starter):
The taste seems to be the same....

It all depends in which country you are drinking it in. I have never liked diet soda until Coke Zero came along and now I drink it exclusively. In my opinion, the U.S. and Australia have the best recipe as it really does taste very much like the original regular Coke. However on a recent visit to Brazil, their Coke Zero tasted too watered down, it was lacking in "umph", and seemed flat. The biggest difference to me is that Diet Coke has a yucky aftertaste and Coke Zero doesn't.

Aloha,
HALFA
HA J Class Lie flats, coming soon to a plane near you........

srbmod

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:07 am

Coke Zero is basically the regular Coke formula sweetened with a mix of ace-k and aspartame while Coke Light (or as it is called in other places, Diet Coke) is a different formula that is sweetened with aspartame, although in some countries, it is sweetened with a blend of cyclamates, aspartame, and ace-k (interestingly, the infamous 'New' Coke/Coke II formula was a high-fructose corn syrup sweetened based version of the Diet Coke formula with a few minor changes).

Pyrex

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:24 am

Coke Light tastes like the aluminum can it comes in (eve if it's from a bottle), Coke Zero tastes like regular Coke to which you added two spoonfuls of sugar and took out all the gas in it.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

ShannoninAMA

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:28 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 1):
They use a different sweetener for Coke Zero than for Coke Light. In my opinion does Zero taste far better than Light (or Diet), in fact, I am drinking a Zero at the moment.

Patrick

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 2):
Coke Zero has a definitely less ugly taste than Coke Light.

Although i wouldve worded the latter differently  Wink I agree, Zero tastes better. Coke light tastes just plain flat while zero has some kick to it  yes 
Shipwreck alert. Head on over to Airspaceonline.com.

AirPacific747

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:29 am

Hmm sometimes I have a hard time tasting the difference between coke light and coke zero too. But I prefer either of them over a normal coke. I hate the feeling of the sugar on your teeth after drinking it, plus its way too sweet for me  yuck 

ShannoninAMA

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:35 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 7):
plus its way too sweet for me  yuck 

Im sure you LOVE pepsi then  Wink
Shipwreck alert. Head on over to Airspaceonline.com.

Lanas

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:36 am

I like Zero better than Light, I must admit. However, I´ve been told that Coke Zero might have some cancer issues because of the Sodium Cyclamate. Does anybody know anything about that? Or is it just another conspiracy-type rumour?  Confused

Cheers  Smile
Lanas.-
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien

srbmod

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:04 am

Quoting Lanas (Reply 9):
However, I´ve been told that Coke Zero might have some cancer issues because of the Sodium Cyclamate. Does anybody know anything about that? Or is it just another conspiracy-type rumour? {Confused}

Like with saccharin, there is a carcinogenic aspect to cyclamates. Oddly enough, while cyclamates have been banned in some countries (like the US and the UK) because of the carcinogens, saccharin has to date been banned only in Canada (who didn't ban cyclamates.). The US did try to ban saccharin in the late 70s, but due to there being no other sugar substitute on the market (because the US have previously banned cyclamates), the ban was never passed.

There were rumors that the US was going to overturn the ban back in the late 1980s, but it never happened. I'm guessing with the widespread use of aspartame, ace-k and sucralose as a sugar substitute, the chances are slim these days.

ManuCH
Crew

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:16 am

Quoting ShannoninAMA (Reply 6):
Quoting ManuCH (Reply 2):
Coke Zero has a definitely less ugly taste than Coke Light.

Although i wouldve worded the latter differently

Well, in my opinion regular Coke still remains the best, and the Coke Zero after-taste is still somewhat annoying. It disappears if you drink it really cold. But I guess you can't have it all...  Smile
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

AirPacific747

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm

Quoting ShannoninAMA (Reply 8):
Im sure you LOVE pepsi then

I love Pepsi Max in case you were wondering  Wink