JakeOrion
Topic Author

Sick: Teen Girls Set Kitten Ablaze

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Anyone remember this incident?
5 Kids Set A Dog On Fire... (by NWA742 Jul 13 2007 in Non Aviation)

Well, apparently a couple teen girls decide to do this to a 8 week old kitten.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/13708685/detail.html?rss=dgo&psp=news

I'm starting to question the outcome of youths (< 18), this is getting ridiculous.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

NIKV69

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Sad, someone should pour gasoline on them and light a match. See how they like the way it feels. I hope they do some time.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

aloges

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Thread starter):
I'm starting to question the outcome of youths (< 18), this is getting ridiculous.

It fits nicely together with what people did with "surplus" kittens in the past: throw them in a sack and throw it in the river. Being screwed up isn't reserved to adults.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 1):
someone should pour gasoline on them and light a match.

So are you volunteering or what?

typo edited

[Edited 2007-07-19 16:24:33]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

JakeOrion
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm

Quoting Aloges (Reply 2):
It fits nicely together with what people did with "surplus" kittens in the past: throw them ina sack and throw it in the river. Being screwed up isn't reserved to adults.

Damn, you got me there, good point.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:22 pm

So this is what they are doing with the time they're not having sex and/or getting pregnant Silly
E pur si muove -Galileo

Mir

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:35 pm

The girls are being held in Sonoma County's Juvenile Hall. The maximum penalty carried by the charges against them is three years of confinement.

And I hope they get every last day of it.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ThePRGuy

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:01 am

How long before 777236ER turns up and says "kids will be kids" or something to that extent.

This is revolting.

Horrible people. However, a line must be drawn: at least it wasn't a human being.

Alex
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

UnknownUser

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 6):
at least it wasn't a human being.

You can't really look at it like that. It WILL one day become a human being, and that is why cases like this should be treated as if the victim was a human. These girls obviously had no heart for a living creature, no matter how defenseless, and tortured it to the cruelest extent.
Die Skybus!!! You need to die for the good of the industry!

Superfly

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:12 am

WTF is going on?  Wow!
This is just horrible!

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 4):
So this is what they are doing with the time they're not having sex and/or getting pregnant

Well you did start a thread boasting about abstaining teens as if it was a good thing or something. When I was a teenager, we were too busy having sex, drinking and smoking weed instead of burning cats & dogs.
Bring back the Concorde

RobertNL070

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:14 am

As I wrote in 5 Kids Set A Dog On Fire... (by NWA742 Jul 13 2007 in Non Aviation)
"The two things that really get me angry: animal and child abuse".

However, for some children I might be tempted to make an exception.

How long before 777236ER turns up and says "kids will be kids" or something to that extent.

That is a little unfair. There was nothing to that effect from said member in 5 Kids Set A Dog On Fire... (by NWA742 Jul 13 2007 in Non Aviation)

I hope the kitten pulls through and gets to go to a loving home.

Robert
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Nancy

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:22 am

It fits nicely together with what people did with "surplus" kittens in the past: throw them in a sack and throw it in the river. Being screwed up isn't reserved to adults.

It doesn't really though. People did that, not because they wanted to see an animal suffer, but because the cats would starve otherwise. These girls just wanted to see something hurt. This is pathology, not utility.

aloges

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:24 am

This is revolting.

Horrible people. However, a line must be drawn: at least it wasn't a human being.

Cruelty against animals and then humans can of course be compared, and to an extent they should, but they are not the same. If that were the case, there would be no industrialised animal production like we know it (or prefer not to know it) today.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 8):
When I was a teenager, we were too busy having sex, drinking and smoking weed instead of burning cats & dogs.

You never cease to surprise, sir!

Quoting Nancy (Reply 10):
It doesn't really though.

Good point, the motives are different. The lack of consideration for the animal's well-being is what is not.

[Edited 2007-07-19 17:27:09]

CaptOveur

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:27 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 11):
Cruelty against animals and then humans can of course be compared, and to an extent they should, but they are not the same.

There are more than a few studies that indicate one may lead to the other.

At least they proved that being messed up wasn't reserved for guys.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

aloges

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:36 am

Quoting Captoveur (Reply 12):
At least they proved that being messed up wasn't reserved for guys.

We do seem to be a hell of a lot more effective at it, though... most unfortunately.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 1):
someone should pour gasoline on them and light a match.

So are you volunteering or what?

I still want to know, BTW.

[Edited 2007-07-19 17:37:30]

Acey

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 am

Something like this happened in my town last week, too. These two college kids were drunk out of their minds and decided to compile a few guinea pigs, hamsters, and a puppy into a duffel bag. One them had had some sort of explosive device, which he strapped to the top of the bag. They threw it out in the middle of the road, yelled, "Clear!" and detonated it.

I have zero tolerance for this kind of garbage.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

yooyoo

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:49 am

Were those Michael Vick's kids?  sarcastic 

Disturbing, revolting and sad to say the least.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

DeltaAVL

RE: Sick: Teen Girls Set Kitten Ablaze

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:14 am

Wow. When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed it was a joke because of what just happened with the dog.

It really makes me hate my generation, and gives the entire < 18 youth a very bad image. 3 years just doesn't seem like near enough time.

[Edited 2007-07-19 18:15:15]
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:22 am

Kitten set on fire by teenagers an outrage, steak on plate tonight a tasty dinner. I'm loving the ongoing selective concern with animal cruelty in this country!

WellHung

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 17):
steak on plate tonight a tasty dinner. I'm loving the ongoing selective concern with animal cruelty in this country!

checkmark 

In the past week I have burned a cow and chicken. I have also thrown live mussels into a pot where they were steamed to death. And I enjoy taking a live lobster, stabbing it in the head and then throwing it into a pot of boiling water. Should I be set ablaze becuase of that? Thrown in jail? Not to condone such activity, but you folks really need to get a grip on reality.

jacobin777

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:36 am

Kitten set on fire by teenagers an outrage, steak on plate tonight a tasty dinner. I'm loving the ongoing selective concern with animal cruelty in this country!

......so you think there is no difference as to how the animals are killed?

..burning an animal is immensely painful....and it takes a long time before the animal dies..slaughtering an animal is "instantaneous" and once the nerve is severed (which is micro-seconds) its painless....there is a big difference....but lets not let some facts get in the way.....
"Up the Irons!"

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting DeltaAVL (Reply 16):

It really makes me hate my generation, and gives the entire < 18 youth a very bad image. 3 years just doesn't seem like near enough time.

"Your generation", eh? I've heard enough stories from older relatives of myself and others about blowing up cats, dogs, slugs, fish, etc. with M-80s when they were kids to know that these "something is wrong with the current generation" cries are a bunch of crap. Kids have probably been doing sadistic shit like this since the dawn of time, and frankly, I don't see how it's any more outrageous than what the guy at the slaughterhouse is doing to your future dinner right now. Most humans take part in or are accessories to violence against non-human animals, nothing new here.

Quoting WellHung (Reply 18):
In the past week I have burned a cow and chicken. I have also thrown live mussels into a pot where they were steamed to death. And I enjoy taking a live lobster, stabbing it in the head and then throwing it into a pot of boiling water. Should I be set ablaze becuase of that? Thrown in jail? Not to condone such activity, but you folks really need to get a grip on reality.

Do note however, that mine is a vegetarian perspective.  Wink

freckles

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 18):
you folks really need to get a grip on reality.

Not see the difference between killing an animal for food, and setting a 8 week kitten on fire?
Hmmmmm.

This is awful, who'd do that?
Eurgh.

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:39 am

Quoting Freckles (Reply 21):
Not see the difference between killing an animal for food, and setting a 8 week kitten on fire?
Hmmmmm.

Let's see...the "animal for food" got hung upside down, disemboweled while alive, cut up into marketable portions, packaged, shipped to a market, and purchased at your local butcher before it got set on fire? Is that what you were looking for?

Oh, that, and kittens are cute, cuddly, and somehow less worthy recipients of calouse brutality than cows, pigs, chicken and fish in our society.

Other than that, I don't see the difference.

http://www.meetyourmeat.com

[Edited 2007-07-19 18:44:46]

freckles

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:47 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 22):
Let's see...the "animal for food" didn't get hung upside down, disemboweled while alive, cut up into marketable portions, packaged, shipped to a market, and purchased at your local butcher before it got set on fire? Is that what you were looking for?

Meat which is killed is normally killed in the most painless way for the animal, because that's the way they do it. Setting something on fire would obviously harm an animal. I am really not an animal lover, and to be honest yes, it probably is cruel to some people that cows/sheep/pigs etc are killed that way but i enjoy eating the meat and am not about to give up eating it, but i just don't think it's fair for an 8 week year old kitten to be set on fire down to some stupid girls wanting a laugh.

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:51 am

Quoting Freckles (Reply 23):
Meat which is killed is normally killed in the most painless way for the animal, because that's the way they do it.

Bullshit, but thank you for responding. Did you watch the video?

Setting something on fire would obviously harm an animal.

And killing it "in the most painless way" doesn't?

but i just don't think it's fair for an 8 week year old kitten to be set on fire down to some stupid girls wanting a laugh.

Neither do I. I just don't see how it's fair for any animal to live a miserable life ending in brutal slaughter just because you "love eating meat" and "aren't about to give up eating it."

Not meant to be a personal attack, just trying to make you think about it for a second.

freckles

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:55 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 24):
Neither do I. I just don't see how it's fair for any animal to live a miserable life ending in brutal slaughter just because you "love eating meat" and "aren't about to give up eating it."

So you don't eat meat? Fair enough.

Sorry if i offended you by saying that, i guess we just have different opinions, i just think it's really sick of those two girls to do it for no reason whatsoever.

airfoilsguy

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:17 am

I think what these kids did was awful but do we really need to spend $20,000 to $30,000 on a cat? I think the money would be better spent on rehabilitating a disfigured human.

[Edited 2007-07-19 19:18:19]
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

Superfly

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:23 am

Oh, that, and kittens are cute, cuddly, and somehow less worthy recipients of calouse brutality than cows, pigs, chicken and fish in our society.

I can't stand cats but I would never kill one for entertainment. I would never kill a cat period. I find cows to be very cute animals and they look beautiful grazing along a sun dappled grassy hillside. They also taste very good.

i enjoy eating the meat and am not about to give up eating it, but i just don't think it's fair for an 8 week year old kitten to be set on fire down to some stupid girls wanting a laugh.

checkmark 
Bring back the Concorde

RobK

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:25 am

Angry

They should round the little bitches up and I'll gladly volunteer to set fire to them and watch them scream and suffer helplessly, with absolutely no remorse whatsoever.

They are even less human than what the poor kitten is/was.  Angry

I can't believe that people get "fun" from these things. Personally, the story brought a tear to me eye, thinking of the suffering that the poor animal went through.

R

aloges

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:31 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 26):
I think what these kids did was awful but do we really need to spend $20,000 to $30,000 on a cat? I think the money would be better spent on rehabilitating a disfigured human.

I agree.

Quoting RobK (Reply 28):
They should round the little bitches up and I'll gladly volunteer to set fire to them and watch them scream and suffer helplessly, with absolutely no remorse whatsoever.

Did you really think before you posted that?

Quoting RobK (Reply 28):
They are even less human than what the poor kitten is/was.

So... they set fire to one kitten. You say you'd set fire to two girls. How does that come into the more human/less human "equation"?

WellHung

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:41 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 19):
slaughtering an animal is "instantaneous" and once the nerve is severed (which is micro-seconds) its painless

Meat which is killed is normally killed in the most painless way for the animal, because that's the way they do it. Setting something on fire would obviously harm an animal.

So if they shot the kitten in the head instead - you'd be ok with that?

Quoting Aloges (Reply 29):
So... they set fire to one kitten. You say you'd set fire to two girls. How does that come into the more human/less human "equation"?

It doesn't. He's judge, jury and executioner.  sarcastic 

[Edited 2007-07-19 19:51:19]

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:50 am

Quoting Freckles (Reply 25):
Sorry if i offended you by saying that, i guess we just have different opinions, i just think it's really sick of those two girls to do it for no reason whatsoever.

Not at all. I'm just making it known that I find it very confusing that people express so much outrage over this animal's suffering but none over the daily suffering of millions of others. All suffering is saddening, and in my opinion, most is preventable. That's all.

JakeOrion
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:01 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 30):

Being shot in the head is one thing, as your chances of dying quickly from it are very high, but being slowly burned to death?

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 32):
I'm just making it known that I find it very confusing that people express so much outrage over this animal's suffering but none over the daily suffering of millions of others. All suffering is saddening, and in my opinion, most is preventable. That's all.

I too do not agree with slaughter house procedures, and varies from place to place. I personally believe the gas helium could be used to slowly put said animals to sleep/coma which would eventually stop the heart, but this method is very expensive as of now. Actually, there is even talk about using this method for the death penalty, but thats a separate issue.

airfoilsguy

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:13 am

The cost of his care and medical attention at the shelter would normally cost between $20,000 and $30,000, she said. Anybody interested in contributing to the costs of caring for Adam can go to the animal hospital in the 500 block of E. Cotati Avenue in Cotati or call 707-792-0200.

I just had a thought. Make the kids and their parents pay for this. That will teach those little miscreants a lesson.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

deskflier

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:10 am

This is what You get when You let both parents go to work. My point being, this is the ultimate cry to be seen. Adults today are so concerned with making money, that they can't be bothered with their own kids anymore. Add to that the trend towards seeing kids (and pets) not as living things in need for care, attention, and discipline, but as accessories to a successful life. Result: F***ed-up kids that do unbelievably cruel things to each other and to defenceless animals.

Of course, other kinds of self-fulfilment is as out of place as work 24-7, when You have kids to raise.
How can anyone not fly, when we live at a time when we can fly?

aloges

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting Deskflier (Reply 34):
This is what You get when You let both parents go to work.

Excuse me?! Both my mother and my father worked full time during almost my entire childhood, we had a housekeeper/nanny and I've never set fire to anything that I shouldn't have... except a few of my hairs maybe.

Superfly

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:41 am

Quoting Deskflier (Reply 34):
You let both parents go to work.

Let?  Wow!
Are you saying that government should bar two parents from working?
So far we don't know what the parents are thinking about this. I'll bet that they are ashamed and embarrassed.
Supporting a family is not cheap and unlike Sweden, we don't have a good health care system like you (we badly need it here). It's possible that one was working just so there daughters had health coverage.
I am not always quick to blame the parents, especially when it's teenagers involved.
Bring back the Concorde

freckles

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:53 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 27):
I find cows to be very cute animals and they look beautiful grazing along a sun dappled grassy hillside. They also taste very good.

checkmark  I'm sorry but i just don't think i could live without meat - complete carnivore - but people started to eat meat like beef a long, long time ago, so we should just carry on from where they left off Big grin

No, i don't agree with harming an animal in any way just for "a laugh".

jacobin777

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:35 am

it still might not die quickly..... no 
"Up the Irons!"

Superfly

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:01 am

Quoting Freckles (Reply 37):
i just don't think i could live without meat - complete carnivore - but people started to eat meat like beef a long, long time ago, so we should just carry on from where they left off

I just LOVE a woman with a healthy appetite for meat!  veryhappy 

Seriously though, we didn't get to the top of the food chain by eating tree bark and tofu.
Bring back the Concorde

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:09 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
I just LOVE a woman with a healthy appetite for meat!

Vegetarians taste better.  Wink

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
Seriously though, we didn't get to the top of the food chain by eating tree bark and tofu.

Don't knock my sandwiches, 'fly.

Superfly

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:16 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 40):
Vegetarians taste better.

I am sure they do. Big grin (popular bumper sticker here in SFO).

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 40):
Don't knock my sandwiches, 'fly.

rotfl 
Bring back the Concorde

Delta767300ER

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:32 am

This is sick. I can't believe anyone would do this do a little kitten. 3 years is NOT enough time. They should be sentenced to death. Send them to the gallows.

-Delta767300ER

ZKSUJ

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Sick sick sick. What an absolutely disgusting way to treat any being let alone a baby defenceless kitten. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

At least their parents are not making them excuses like the mother of one of the kids who killed the dog.

Mir

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Here's the difference between the two scenarios: while slaughtering a cow may be a cruel thing to do, there is some good that comes of it, in that it provides people with food. Were these girls planning to eat the kitten after it was dead, or use its fur for something? I'd put money on the fact that they were just out for the cruelty - the article states that they were laughing while the poor thing burned.

One is a necessary evil, the other is just outright cruelty. That's the difference.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

UnknownUser

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:37 pm

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 26):
do we really need to spend $20,000 to $30,000 on a cat?

I'm pretty sure it is not that much. Most of the stuff is being donated from shelters. Does the high school Spanish club really need to raise $10,000 to go to Spain?

No, the un-necessary killing of animals is what's wrong. Who cares how its done. The burning only makes it that much more barbaric.
Die Skybus!!! You need to die for the good of the industry!

gunsontheroof

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 44):
One is a necessary evil, the other is just outright cruelty. That's the difference.

Point taken, I'd just argue about the "necessity" of the first evil (at least in the developed world where it's not very difficult to get by without eating meat). In any case, it doesn't make much difference to either animal--they're both dead.

ThePRGuy

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 9):
That is a little unfair. There was nothing to that effect from said member

Well, unless his posts were deleted or it was a thread of a similar type, he effectively said "boys will be boys".

Sorry, that is a completely different level of "cruelty"

Let's see...the "animal for food" got hung upside down, disemboweled while alive, cut up into marketable portions, packaged, shipped to a market, and purchased at your local butcher before it got set on fire? Is that what you were looking for?

I don't eat halal meat. The beef I eat is from a local farm, where (and I can confirm this to you my friend), the way they are killed is humane and painless. What you have said is not only completely irrelevant and unrealistic, it is not in any way comparable to a kitten being set on fire for fun. People need to live - eating meat gives people energy to live - its a necessity for most people. Setting kittens on fire is NOT.

http://www.meetyourmeat.com

I'm not going to bother clicking that link, I presume it is another PETA driven terrorist site.

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 31):
I find it very confusing that people express so much outrage over this animal's suffering but none over the daily suffering of millions of others

Well, its hardly on the same level as already discussed. Furthermore, Anti-meat organisations regularly drive the regular suffering of HUMAN BEINGS. Here in Lincolnshire (I believe - correct me if I am mistaken), PETA members dug up the GRAVE of a ex-guinea pig testing farmer. This man and his family tested animals for medicine. Now that is suffering, that is unjust, and that is the instability of extremist hippies.

Totally off the point again, read the posts moron, people are talking about how it is cruel to randomly set animals on fire, prolonging their suffering, not necessarily the death of animals.

Christ, you lot will use anything to spread your cause.

Alex

Edit: To Summarise for people who didn't bother to read that:

Human > Animal. Therefore: get out more, and stop pestering people who choose to eat meat. It doesn't make us bad people and frankly we don't want to be converted by watching extremely biased and nonsense material.

[Edited 2007-07-20 10:03:02]
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

Halcyon

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 47):

Human > Animal. Therefore: get out more, and stop pestering people who choose to eat meat. It doesn't make us bad people and frankly we don't want to be converted by watching extremely biased and nonsense material.

checkmark 

There are a lot of animals where I live that would eat me first, anyway.  Wink One is a sad necessity normal in nature and our very selves, and the other is torture for amusement, which should not be tolerated.

Those sick-minded people really need to be disciplined in a way that will remind them not to do it again. What that way is, I don't know.

WellHung

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:56 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 47):
you lot will use anything to spread your cause.

Before I respond to your infantile entry, kindly explain what you mean by 'you lot'.