JetBlueAUS
Topic Author

Applying To Starbucks And AT&T.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:24 am

Yeah, I am in need of a job so I am applying as a Product Pro for AT&T and at Starbucks just your normal worker. For those of you who have worked at either of these companies, can you tell me a bit about the company atmosphere/philosophy? What would I expect on an interview.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

EMBQA

RE: Applying To Starbucks And AT&T.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:34 am

It's a job like most any lower paying service type job.

Question.... read your profile and saw your IM name....Azul Brasilerio.....do you have any idea what that really means...??? I ask because I know, and just want to make sure you know.

[Edited 2007-07-21 23:35:40]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

davestanKSAN

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:58 am

I haven't worked at Starbucks, but one of my family members has. She likes it for the most part, except for the rude customers. And the customers who order something stupid and complain about it. I mean you order your coffee extra hot, then complain about how hot it is, come on. Lots of anal people who go into Starbucks.

Anyway, good luck with the jobs!!!!  

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 1):
Question.... read your profile and saw your IM name....Azul Brasilerio.....do you have any idea what that really means

I'd assume it's a misspelling of B6's first ERJ190, N183JB. Should be "Azul Brasileiro."

Dave

[Edited 2007-07-21 23:59:43]
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

corey07850

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:22 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 1):

Question.... read your profile and saw your IM name....Azul Brasilerio.....do you have any idea what that really means...??? I ask because I know, and just want to make sure you know.

I know what he meant to say, but I'm curious -- do tell  Smile

EMBQA

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:40 am

Quoting Corey07850 (Reply 3):
I'm curious -- do tell

It translates to 'Blue Brazil'
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

corey07850

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 4):

It translates to 'Blue Brazil'

Oh, you made it seem like it was something offensvie

stlgph

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:15 am

AT&T -- i'm not sure, they seemed a little very anxious about themselves when we talked to them when doing the i-Phone release story a few weeks ago. seems very corporate and very, well, whatever, it's a gig.

Starbucks -- i don't think i've ever encountered anybody who doesn't like their job at Starbucks. i know of a couple i see that have real jobs Monday - Friday that make enough money that don't need a second job, but yet they work at the job on some weekends because they enjoyed it then and still enjoy it. And even working part time, they're even able to keep and get some of the benefits they aren't getting from their real jobs now (they're too new).

So, keep that in mind.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

EMBQA

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:54 am

Quoting Corey07850 (Reply 5):
You made it seem like it was something offensvie

I just finished a job with a group from Brazil and they really didn't understand why the name was used. They said it makes as much sense as saying 'Red America'.. It really has no meaning

JetBlueAUS
Topic Author

Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Thanks to all those who stayed on topic.  Wink

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 7):
I just finished a job with a group from Brazil and they really didn't understand why the name was used. They said it makes as much sense as saying 'Red America'.. It really has no meaning

Yes, I know what it means. However, that was the first JetBlue aircraft I ever flew on, and I know I spelled it incorrectly. It was a typo, and I never got around to fixing it.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.