bagpiper

Prank Calls

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:13 am

Seen or heard any great prank calls recently?? I found a few on youtube I thought were pretty funny...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-irxK6fW3E

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7TXjtbl2y3U

A friend and i did a variation on the takeout one. We both called a takeout place, and told them we had a friend who was going to place the order. Then, we connected them to each other, and said we were ready to order. They both got each other's phone numbers, then chaos ensued when they tried to order from each other. Pretty fun.  Smile

Any others?

Queso

RE: Prank Calls

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:18 am

Best prank calls on the internet, with a streaming service and live prank calls on Saturday nights:

http://www.kdkprankcalls.com/pcu/

AASuper83

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:42 am

I've done plenty of them in my day. Calling a Chinese restaurant to order a pizza is one of my favorites, and when they get pissed about it, I always would go "fine, I'll just have the spaghetti and marinara then". Hilarious.

Another one I did one time was drive up to McDonald's Drive Thru and order 1000 Big Macs, and 500 fries, then I drove off.

Doorbell ditching was also a favorite of mine as well.

bagpiper

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:44 am

Quoting AASuper83 (Reply 2):

Oh man. The good old days.  Smile

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:51 am

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 3):
Oh man. The good old days

Agreed. I could go on for hours about crap we'd do...

Quoting Bagpiper (Thread starter):
Then, we connected them to each other

That was fun to do with airline reservation agents, too.

Calling a Chinese restaurant to order a pizza is one of my favorites

just call *any* restaurant and speak chinese.

drive up to McDonald's Drive Thru

ah hell, we've done stuff like that too, but the best part is *NOT* driving off, but having another car involved and totally cutting into and out of the line, throwing off the entire order process.

so, back in 2002, we pulled up to a McDonald's in Mississippi on our way to the Super Bowl. had a video camera out ... they just weren't friendly at all ... i'll just stop there, but it was classic.

I hearted doorbell ditching.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 4):
I hearted doorbell ditching.

oooh ... anybody ever tight rope doors?

AASuper83

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:00 am

When we would doorbell ditch, we tormented a guy so bad that when we'd walk by his house, he'd run like hell after us. Just drove him to the brink of insanity. He jumped off a 2 story balcony after us while he was on his deck, and another time said "I'm going to break your arm", and chased us with a baseball bat.

Great fun indeed. They truly were the good old days.

bagpiper

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:00 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 5):
oooh ... anybody ever tight rope doors?

No? What do you do?

copaair737

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:01 am

A fun thing to do is to crank call the people you doorbell ditch.
That pisses them off even more.

Doorbell ditching was a favorite pastime of mine for years. I liked calling people and hanging up repeatedly too. That's good for pissing people off.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

AASuper83

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:05 am

The best was when we doorbell ditched that guy, ran to the foot of the stair case and looked at him. As he started to come down, ready to kick someone's ass, we hit him in the face with a water balloon we'd hidden. He was shocked, and had to recover from it. As he was recovering, we ran away.

I loved every minute of it.

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:11 am

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 7):
No? What do you do?

Take a rope. Tie it to a doorknob, then string it up to the next door, do the same, or tie it to a post, and then do the same with another door to another post, etc. etc. etc.

It works GREAT in dorms and college apartment complexes around finals week.

And of course, pulling a fire alarm is always great fun. It can come in particularly handy when you're having a party and see the cops come pulling up, or you're on a bad date, or you feel like -crashing- a party of someone you don't like. The reasons are numerous, illegal, and lots of un.

[Edited 2007-07-23 01:12:10]

AASuper83

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 am

Leaning a garbage can full of water against a door, then knocking and running like hell is funny too.

AA787823

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 am

With todays technology its hard to prank call (Caller ID and such.)
F.U.R.P.....Families Under Reduced Pay

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:22 am

Quoting AASuper83 (Reply 11):
Leaning a garbage can full of water against a door, then knocking and running like hell is funny too.

Holy shit. I have never thought of that.

Oh, and btw, Round Up is a great way to write creative messages ... I mean make artwork in someone's front yard.

bagpiper

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:22 am

Quoting AA787823 (Reply 12):

You can block caller ID. #67 I think it is. I always have to go check what it is.

copaair737

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 13):
Oh, and btw, Round Up is a great way to write creative messages ... I mean make artwork in someone's front yard.

I'll have to try that one. Would have to do it at nightfall though.

copaair737

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:25 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 10):

Take a rope. Tie it to a doorknob, then string it up to the next door, do the same, or tie it to a post, and then do the same with another door to another post, etc. etc. etc.

done that numerous times, and had great fun with it.

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:32 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 15):
I'll have to try that one. Would have to do it at nightfall though.

It's a good 4 a.m. venture into the open.

copaair737

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:35 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 17):
It's a good 4 a.m. venture into the open.

Sounds good.

Sabena332

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:39 am

I can deliver countless of stories but it is too late so I will post the best one. We didn't plan it, just coincidence because we had no other car and because we were hungry  Wink :

I have a friend and his parents have a funeral home. There was one day when three of us were invited to a party in a neighboring city, all of us couldn't get a car for various reasons (my car was in the shop, our parents' cars were used by our parents, my friend's car was used by his sister, my other friend's car was used by his mother, etc. etc.). What did my friend do? Yes, he picked me and my other friend up with their hearse! We were friggin' hungry so we went to the McDonald's drive through (which was on the way) before we drove to the party, needless to say that some employees and the manager made serious trouble. Big grin The best was when we left the McD parking lot, we had to wait until we could turn into the main-street from the parking lot, some kids passed us, they looked a bit stupid because they saw a hearse leaving a McD's lot, I pointed my finger to the back, then to the McD restaurant and said "Food poisoning".  rotfl 

We got into serious trouble because of that (people recognized the company name on the hearse).

And yes, I admit that it was rather tasteless, we were grounded for a few days (or weeks?) after that so we got our punishment, but it was worth it, it was funny as hell!  Silly

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

MCOflyer

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 10):

It works GREAT in dorms and college apartment complexes around finals week.

Sounds fun.

Quoting AA787823 (Reply 12):

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 14):

You can block caller ID. #67 I think it is. I always have to go check what it is.

I thought it *67 not #67. Just kidding.

These are good.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

copaair737

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:47 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 19):

I have a friend and his parents have a funeral home. There was one day when three of us were invited to a party in a neighboring city, all of us couldn't get a car for various reasons (my car was in the shop, our parents' cars were used by our parents, my friend's car was used by his sister, my other friend's car was used by his mother, etc. etc.). What did my friend do? Yes, he picked me and my other friend up with their hearse! We were friggin' hungry so we went to the McDonald's drive through (which was on the way) before we drove to the party, needless to say that some employees and the manager made serious trouble. Big grin The best was when we left the McD parking lot, we had to wait until we could turn into the main-street from the parking lot, some kids passed us, they looked a bit stupid because they saw a hearse leaving a McD's lot, I pointed my finger to the back, then to the McD restaurant and said "Food poisoning". rotfl

We got into serious trouble because of that (people recognized the company name on the hearse).

And yes, I admit that it was rather tasteless, we were grounded for a few days (or weeks?) after that so we got our punishment, but it was worth it, it was funny as hell! Silly

That's absolutely classic.

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:49 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 19):

Going on that ... this doesn't necessarily involve me, but there was a total and complete bitch that was insanely hated by a lot of people, but she liked me and my family because of her family ties to mine and whatever.

But my friend and her friend and her sister and her friend and the list goes on ... hated her even more.

So much in fact that they wanted to just do something really bad. So they wedding crashed. Big time. By getting "jobs" with the country club catering and valet parking.

Soap bubbles in the fountain, laxatives in select food, a wedding gift that mysteriously caught fire, car keys and house keys mixed up among her close friends and relatives, cancelling the band on them and hiring and bringing in an easy listening lounge act instead.

Who wound up in a severe ton of shit? My friends.

Whose wedding was ruined? That gal's.

Who died and had gone to heaven? Me.

mdodd

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:54 am

I used to listen to the Jerkey Boys. Some of their stuff is good, some others are just stupid.

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting Mdodd (Reply 23):

Oh no no. If you just wanna annoy people, download the beeping sounds of a dump truck backing up, put it on a cd, play real loud. Especially when driving through a parking lot  Smile

bohica

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:26 am

I did this to a bartender one time. (Make sure he is your friend) I took my cell phone and kept calling the bar and hung up immediately as he picked up the phone. After numerous times of running to the phone, the bartender was really getting pissed off. I let others in the bar know what was going on so they played along. we finally convinced the bartender to call *69 and chew out the person who keeps calling and hanging up. However I had my cell phone on call forwarding to the bartender's home phone so when he called he got his own answering machine. The look on his face was priceless when he heard his own answering machine. He thought someone broke into his house. At this point I was laughing and he screamed at me "what's so funny?" I then yelled April Fools at him. He called my every bad name in the book while laughing.

AA787823

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:23 am

I did that when I was 17 to this really crazy chinese lady that lived down our street. I got caught and busted. Man my dad whipped my ass so hard I could not sit down for a looooooong time....still funny as hell though.
F.U.R.P.....Families Under Reduced Pay

DeltaAVL

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:23 am

Good one!

One of my favorites was when we got one of those huge trash cans, filled it up with ice cold water, laundry detergent, clorox, and drain-x. We were on the 2nd floor of a two story dorm complex, which had a nice big deck, one made of wood, so water would fall through the cracks. What we'd do was wait for someone to come out of a floor 1 door, and then dump the entire trash can through the deck floor right onto them. It got them DRENCHED and it was effing hilarious!

Another one of my favorites is taking the little rods out of the hinges of a door and setting the door on the very edge of the hinges. The next person to open it from the outside got a nice, heavy door crashing down on them.

Summer. Good times.  Smile
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

Jetsgo

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:01 pm

Shit man. I wish I would have known that in my day. That sounds absolutely hilarious.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 24):
Oh no no. If you just wanna annoy people, download the beeping sounds of a dump truck backing up, put it on a cd, play real loud. Especially when driving through a parking lot

My buddies and I used to keep a cd in our cars that had the Cops theme song on it and whenever we saw someone pulled over, we would drive by slowly blaring the music out loud.

When I was younger, I used to do all sorts of shit. We used to go late night fishing at the golf course ponds on the 8th hole, until one time some security guard caught us. So because stopping was not an option, we decided to make a fish trap out of chicken wire and other crap. We would throw it in the pond around 10pm and come back and retrieve it and the fish around like 2am. We would take the fish and put them into a tank we had and basically that was it. One time we caught a fish, didn't know exactly what it was, so we took it to Petco to find out and get it some food. Upon asking, the guy stared at us and the first thing he said was...where did you get that? Yeah...we left pretty quickly after that.

We also used to take little sides of bbq sauce from McDonald's and empty them all over cars windows. We would then smear it around and then blow air on it so it would dry and cake on there. I would seriously hate to have clean that shit up. We also used to completely deflate peoples tires using the actual tube, opposed to slashing it, that way it wouldn't be too serious. One time we drove by a car we hit the next morning and saw it on the back of an AAA truck...However my favorite thing we used to do was throw firecrackers at peoples front doors in the middle of the night. One time we got a house like three times in the same night before they called the police. Stupid, but hilarious.

Man...those were the days.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

bravo45

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:48 pm

N1120A

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Quoting Mdodd (Reply 23):
I used to listen to the Jerkey Boys. Some of their stuff is good, some others are just stupid.

"...and kicked my dog"

"f'ck you, you bastard guy!!"

Quoting Bohica (Reply 25):

Now that one is funny.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

sevenair

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:22 pm

I used to work on an IT helpdesk. We used to call the new guy and be his worst ever customer  Smile