clickhappy

Lindsay Lohan Was Arrested For DUI - Again

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 pm

desertjets

RE: Lindsay Lohan Was Arrested For DUI - Again

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:12 pm

I suppose she could book the same suite her BFF Paris had in the LA County Jail.

Given that she has millions to her name, "people" watching her and around her 24/7, you think she or one of her handlers would have had the foresight to call a cab.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

yowza

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

She has a new movie coming out next week, this is clearly a publicity stunt. Enough said.

YOWza

fxramper

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Quoting YOWza (Reply 2):
clearly a publicity stunt.

Clearly she has an unresolved problem.

Throw the book at her. Minimum 6 months jail time.

National757

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 pm

I heard on a local radio show this morning Police also found some cocaine in her pants pocket. She's goin to jail..don't see any way out of driving on a suspended license, a second DUI violation, and possession of cocaine!

She was given so much in this life..blessed with talent and good looks and she screws up yet again. What a shame.

tz757300

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:47 pm

JAIL HER FOR A YEAR

Maybe it will show some people (celebrities) that DUI's are never fashionable.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

AsstChiefMark

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm

Sound like a good reason to throw a party!

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

mirrodie

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:10 pm

You are all so quick to judge.

She was only celebrating her 1 week anniversary from out of rehab.  Wow!
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

CO7e7

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:29 pm

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 7):
She was only celebrating her 1 week anniversary from out of rehab.

lol Sad but more than likely TRUE!

Anyway, where's that Cargo bay ?

aloges

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 pm

Seriously, who cares? Haven't we had enough of these " 'Celebrity' no. XYZ busted for DUI! Nelson says, 'Ha ha!' " threads lately?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

miamiair

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 pm

Start a pool to see when she kills herself, by either OD or car accident.

She needs to be locked in the clonk for a while.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

learpilot

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 10):
Start a pool to see when she kills herself, by either OD or car accident

My thoughts exactly. She's definitely going in my 2008 dead pool.
Heed our warnings or your future will be underpant free!

Pope

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:17 am

The problem is that people like this often end up killing other people while driving drunk.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

KPDX

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:54 am

Is she even 21 yet? I think she just turned 21 this month, remember her drinking last year, she was underage, but yet I dont think she ever got in trouble for that at all.... Anyways, what a nut, like DJ said, she needs to follow Paris to jail.  Wink

KPDX  Smile
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

nkops

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:57 am

This has to be the dumbest girl on the face of the earth. She will probably go to jail this time because of the cocaine possession... and she deserves to go to jail...

Obviously , rehab doesn't do anything for her....

She will eventually get to the point where no producer/director will hire her because she is to much of a liability!!
:evil:

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 1):
you think she or one of her handlers would have had the foresight to call a cab.

With the second word in that statement being the operative.....

Only issue with that is:

Quoting Pope (Reply 12):
people like this often end up killing other people while driving drunk.

checkmark 

The amazing thing is that she was driving other people around... amazes me that not ONE of them had enough sense to recognize that this bitch was too dangerous to be on the road, even to themselves!
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

futuresdpdcop

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:13 am

There goes her apperance on Jay Leno this evening.

jetjack74

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:17 am

So tired of hearing this. This is seriousy trobled individual who's been in rehab before she was legal to drink. While she is totally responsible for her ow actions, I think her mother bear a large part of the blame for this girl. My own personal opinion, I believe she exploited her child for the fame and fotune she could never attain. And her father is a nutcase himself, it's no wonder this girl is mess. She needs to be cut off from the world in some remote mountain village in the Himalayas for a few years, undergoing some type holistic voodoo type rehab. She needs to separated from her mother FOREVER!!!!! And after that, maybe she might have a chance at survival. Otherwise, she's dead, and stick a fork in her.
Made from jets!

dsmflyer

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 9):
Seriously, who cares? Haven't we had enough of these " 'Celebrity' no. XYZ busted for DUI! Nelson says, 'Ha ha!' " threads lately?

Couldn't agree more. Nice Simpsons reference too.

stlgph

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:44 am

Quoting YOWza (Reply 2):
She has a new movie coming out next week, this is clearly a publicity stunt. Enough said

Sorry, but a DUI is far from a publicity stunt.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

UAL747

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:08 am

I dunno what that girl is thinking. I'll admit, I have gotten a DUI before and NEVER again will I do that. First of all, I spent a night and day in jail, which was the WORST experience of my life. My attorney fees were near $8000, fines were $2000, and I had to attend AA meetings and go to DUI classes for 26 weeks, which was about $600, and 60 hrs. of community service. And that was my first and ONLY offense. I can't imagine having to do that several times. I was an IDIOT for doing it in the first place. It is expunged, but still, if I ever screw up again (Which I won't) they can always accelerate the DUI charge and make it a conviction.

2 DUI charges in most states are felonies. The first DUI is usually a misdemeanor. I was lucky not to have that go on my record. Not only has Lohan had mutiple DUI's, she's also been charged with having a "useable" amount of cocaine on her in her last DUI case. She's going to have to do something this time, whether it be jail or loads of community service and is going to have to pay out the ass for it. The judge isn't going to allow her another "rehab" visit. Apparently rehab is doing nothing for her. And what irks me even more is that she HAS the money to hire a freaking limo everytime she drinks. Limos are expensive, but I'd rather pay for that than have to go through what she is getting ready to go through.

No one should EVER drink and drive. All you have to do is put a $20 bill in your glove compartment and if you are drunk take a cab home. You can always pick up your car the next day.

UAL

[Edited 2007-07-24 20:16:47]
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Blackbird

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:15 am

Don't you guys realize that news like this is just made to distract us from serious issues... like what's going on in the world and such?

Andrea Kent

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:29 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 19):

..indeed, though worked out pretty well for Paris.

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 21):
No one should EVER drink and drive. All you have to do is put a $20 bill in your glove compartment and if you are drunk take a cab home. You can always pick up your car the next day.

Considering your history, I'm REALLY glad to hear you say that dude  Smile

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 22):
Don't you guys realize that news like this is just made to distract us from serious issues... like what's going on in the world and such?

...tell that to the children whose mother-returning-from-work this freak is probably going to kill someday, should she continue down this path.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

slider

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:45 am

Quoting Learpilot (Reply 11):
My thoughts exactly. She's definitely going in my 2008 dead pool.

Not a bad idea....she'd definitely be a lot of points.  Smile

This is natural selection in action.

Lock her up for a long time.

EA CO AS

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:51 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 22):

Andrea Kent

You're right. A bunch of Bush and Cheney thugs in black helicopters grabbed Lindsay Lohan while she was saying the rosary at home, forced a bottle of Stoli down her throat, planted coke on her, and told her to go out driving while the media stood by to watch.

sarcastic 

Andrea Kent, your posts never cease to amuse me.

Anyway, let's face it - Ms. Lohan clearly doesn't give a shit about anything except having a good time. We'll be able to line her up with such luminaries as John Belushi within 2 years if someone doesn't intercede quickly.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

UAL747

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:04 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 23):
Considering your history, I'm REALLY glad to hear you say that dude  

I no longer touch any alcohol, or any other thing that would alter my mind. It was a very "SOBERING" experience. Pun intended.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

mdodd

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:45 am

Its an indication of why drug prevention is vital to our children.
What kind of image does this set for a child or teen who looks up to Lohan or Hilton?
I myself am also TIRED of this crap, most of it fed by reputable sources like FOX. (that was sarcasim)

aloges

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:12 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 21):

Newsflash: things happen whether they're reported or not. It's just that 24h news channels need something to fill all those hours with, and it can't be politics all the time. So they decide that this sort of non-news will be broadcast, and people watch... and some actually care.

BTW, what are those issue we're distracted from? Iraq? Afghanistan? Global Warming? Take just one look at cnn.com and tell us again that this Lohan-"news" is distracting.

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 25):
I no longer touch any alcohol, or any other thing that would alter my mind. It was a very "SOBERING" experience. Pun intended.

Care to post a link?

[Edited 2007-07-24 23:13:38]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

fumanchewd

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:47 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 20):
The first DUI is usually a misdemeanor. I was lucky not to have that go on my record. Not only has Lohan had mutiple DUI's

I've seen many cases where if someone is charged with a DUI and arrested for another before the trial, they just wrap them together in the same plea bargin. Look for a sentence very close to Paris's for the DUI's.

Edit-I just read that the cocaine charges are felonies. Those are the serious charges. The DUI's aren't as bad.

[Edited 2007-07-25 00:52:41]
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

AirframeAS

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:15 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 21):

Just wait until she kills somebody...then we will talk.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 28):
Edit-I just read that the cocaine charges are felonies. Those are the serious charges.

After reading this, shes goin' to jail for sure. Hopefully longer than Paris did. As others have stated, rehab isnt working for Lohan, so she needs the book slapped at her, HARD!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

falstaff

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:34 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 20):

I have disabled my car before and had AAA tow it back to my house. AAA gold pays off....

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 29):
Just wait until she kills somebody...then we will talk.

Not every drunk driver is all that drunk. I was just having lunch with a woman today who was going on about locking up drunk drivers and how bad they were. She had two drinks at lunch (oddly I had no drinks). She obviously didn't think what she did was wrong and probably felt nothing. However, if she were to pulled over for something right after lunch she would have been found to be DUI. What constitutes a DUI today has changed a lot in the last 30 years. People think of the fall down drunk who gets behind the wheel, but never of the working person who has one of those 24oz beers at TGI Fridays after work. By the law they are both drunk drivers.

Sober Drivers kill peole too.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 22):
Quoting STLGph (Reply 19):

..indeed, though worked out pretty well for Paris.

What is a bad career move for us regular people can be good for some. Think about celebraties and hookers. Wokred for Hugh Grant.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 22):
this freak is probably going to kill someday

Not every drunk driver kills people. I once witnessed a fatal accident where a man had a heart attack (read it in the paper later) and killed a by stander and the three passengers in the car by running into a pole at 60 mph. People die in crashes all the time. I am not saying that drunk drivers don't kill, but people give them more credit than they deserve. Being killed by a drunk driver is a badge of honor to some familes. It makes it sound like their family member dies in a nobel way. Dead is dead and someone who dies in a tragic car crash caused by not paying attention is just as dead, but you hear few people talking about it. I have known two people who died in accidents that had nothing to do with drinking. Both were street racing. Their two famlies say their sons died by being hit by a drunk. They get a lot more sympathy that way. People don't want to admit they or their families would do anything bad. Same goes for regular car wrecks. Most people will blame a wreck on the other guy when they tell a story. They don't want to admit fault to others.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

ltbewr

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:50 am

Another sorry situation. At least no one was injured or killed by Lohan's stupidity.
'30 day' rehab doesn't work - only isolated, very strict, long term (1 + year) rehab may give you some fighting chance where you learn to break away from all of her enabling 'friends' and family for her own good and learn to live strictly without alcohol or drugs. She may also have to leave acting and performing as it offers too many temptations. She will face jail time if convicted, perhaps 1 year or more and I would recommend long term rehab and psychological therapy as part of her sentence term. Her father is a felon and a drunk so she may have inherited the tendencies for alcohol problems. Right now, she is poison in the box office and the studio bosses, so most likely she won't be working for years. Unlike the past, alcohol and drugs won't be covered up by the studios and production companies anymore.
Hopefully she has 'hit bottom' with her addictions where she quits alcohol for the rest of her life before she kills herself or others.

AsstChiefMark

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:24 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 31):
'30 day' rehab doesn't work

I hope you mean it doesn't work FOR HER. There are a few of us here and millions elsewhere that have been through 30 day programs and have been clean and sober for years.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ltbewr

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 32):
Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 31):
'30 day' rehab doesn't work

I hope you mean it doesn't work FOR HER. There are a few of us here and millions elsewhere that have been through 30 day programs and have been clean and sober for years.

Yes, you do make an important point - that some '30 day' programs won't work for her but do for many others. Some 30 day programs, like "Promises" that Lohan and Brittney Spears have been in, cater to rich celebs, are too much like nice hotels and not harsh enough for them to get the initial rehab they need. We have seen too many celebs that went in and out of such '30 day rehab resorts' like they had a revolving door to their and others detriment. For many, generally the longer the institutionalization along with a commitment to change, a life long involvement in AA or similar counsuling programs, the better chance you have of not relapsing. That can vary from person to person and you may have to change a lot of things in your lifestyle, employment, family as well as deal with psycholgical/mental health problems which often underlie addictions.

n6238p

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Rob Schneider is on Leno right now dressed as Lohan taking her spot on the show, I'd say its worth checking out for a second or two. I'm laughing.

[Edited 2007-07-25 06:06:00]
To actively root against anybody is just low, and I hope karma comes back at you with a vengeance

futuresdpdcop

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Quoting N6238P (Reply 34):
Rob Schneider is on Leno right now dressed as Lohan taking her spot on the show, I'd say its worth checking out for a second or two. I'm laughing.

Thanks for the update. Leno is on in 40 minutes and I'll check it out. Maybe Rob Schneider is promoting " I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry."

L-188

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:09 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 30):
What constitutes a DUI today has changed a lot in the last 30 years.

Very Very true.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.