ebs757

NBC-To Catch A Predator Sued- Man Commits Suicide

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:56 am

Just watching some CNN and they were talking about the man who came to one of the houses and actually killed himself before the police were able to apprehend him. Well now his sister is suing nbc.

Heres the Story from Komo4 -
Louis William Conradt Jr., of Terrell, Texas, a Dallas suburb, was suspected of being one of those men, except he didn't show up at the house. That didn't stop the TV producers and police from showing up at his, though, and as officers knocked on his door and a camera crew waited in the street, Conradt shot and killed himself.

His sister, Patricia Conradt, sued NBC Universal Inc. in U.S. District Court in Manhattan on Monday for $105 million, accusing it of taking over police duties and then failing to protect her brother.

What are everyone thoughts on this?
Viva la Vida

PAHS200

RE: NBC-To Catch A Predator Sued- Man Commits Suicide

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:01 am

Quoting Ebs757 (Thread starter):
except he didn't show up at the house. That didn't stop the TV producers and police from showing up at his

if he didn't show up at the house does that still give the police the right to go to his house  Confused

ebs757

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:10 am

Quoting PAHS200 (Reply 1):

Well I'm betting the police were staked out somewhere waiting for him but knowing the nature of the show he probably gave his address to the decoy and Chris Hanson decided to go
Viva la Vida

WildcatYXU

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:15 am

if he didn't show up at the house does that still give the police the right to go to his house Confused

It depends. Soliciting sex with a minor is illegal in some states. That may be the situation in Texas too.
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, Saab 340, YAK40

PAHS200

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:22 am

Quoting WildcatYXU (Reply 3):
Soliciting sex with a minor is illegal in some states.

yes, but people say things on AIM all the time, but when someone KNOWS the address of the kid, and don't show up....is that still a crime

AeroWesty

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting Ebs757 (Reply 2):
Well I'm betting the police were staked out somewhere waiting for him but knowing the nature of the show he probably gave his address to the decoy and Chris Hanson decided to go

This was the story as originally reported:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15592444/
International Homo of Mystery

AsstChiefMark

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:38 am

Quoting PAHS200 (Reply 4):
when someone KNOWS the address of the kid, and don't show up....is that still a crime

In some states it is. Just chatting about sex and sexual activities with a minor on the internet is illegal in certain states. It doesn't matter if it was role-playing or whatever. It's still a felony.

It's unbelieveable how many people use the excuse, "I was just screwing around. It's just an internet chat room. I wasn't going to do anything." Too late. A prison cell has already been chosen for them. And with all the evidence (chat logs, IP addresses, etc.) that's been gathered to be used in court, there's little chance of being found not guilty.

[Edited 2007-07-30 03:56:46]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

dl021

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:42 am

Just watching some CNN and they were talking about the man who came to one of the houses and actually killed himself before the police were able to apprehend him. Well now his sister is suing nbc.

Well, perhaps she should sue AOL for providing the platform from which her brother pursued children....perhaps someone should sue her for allowing her brother to commit such offences.

His sister, Patricia Conradt, sued NBC Universal Inc. in U.S. District Court in Manhattan on Monday for $105 million, accusing it of taking over police duties and then failing to protect her brother.

No...a good citizen is required to report crimes. The police were the ones who went to serve a warrant based on information delivered by a citizens group.

That she is part of the problem. Police aren't the only ones responsible for catching criminals. Citizens are as well. This show has helped put away hundreds of peodophiles and that's a good thing any day. No one tells these guys to troll for children on the internet.

Quoting PAHS200 (Reply 4):
yes, but people say things on AIM all the time, but when someone KNOWS the address of the kid, and don't show up....is that still a crime

Yeah....and if one of them is a sexual proposition to a child then you should go to jail. We aren't talking about a girl who is 17 acting 18.......we're talking about 12 and 13 year old victims...sometimes younger. These trolls need to be put down.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

kstateinALB

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:01 am

I watched this specific show. The police had figured out it was this man when he chatted along with the decoys. Because it is illegal in Texas to solicit sex with a minor, the police came to apprehend the man. To my belief, the man was or used to be working for the police department or state government, I can't remeber. Anyway, when the police staked in on his house, he shot himself. Again, this is to what I remember seeing on the show.
ALB, DTW, ORD, MDW, MCI, JFK, LGA, LHR, MAD, MSP, IAD, DCA, MCO, ATL, CVG, TUL, MHK, PHL, PIT, DFW, DAL, CLT, IND, AUS,

Dougloid

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:05 am

The guy was also a prosecuting attorney in some county or other.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

AsstChiefMark

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:06 am

Quoting KstateinALB (Reply 8):
used to be working for the police department or state government

County District Attorney. He's supposed to be charging predators with felonies, not looking for a 13 year old boy to 69 with.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ebs757

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:13 am

Quoting KstateinALB (Reply 8):

What night was it on? I must have missed it
Viva la Vida

ANCFlyer

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 am

Good, one less POS Child Predator on the street . . . . and none of our tax dollars will go to proscute the bum . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

aloha73g

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:36 am

The family is just embarassed and wants to blame somebody and probably try to make some $$ (NBC...owned by GE has very, very, very deep pockets).

The fact that NBC was following the police doesn't change the fact that he committed a disgusting, revolting, heinous crime. NBC wasn't over his shoulder telling him to do it....he wandered into the trap....they didn't push him.

Its his fault plain and simple. He was a selfish man, more concerned about himself and his reputation than his family and his potential victims.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

PIA777

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:44 am

I have seen most of the episodes. That guy was a district Attorney in the Dallas Area. There are alot of
sickos out there.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

san747

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:46 am

My thoughts? The suit seems frivolous and baseless. I've seen the show before, including just last night, so it's fresh in my mind- since when does NBC perform or "take over" any police duties? All NBC does is have Chris Hansen talk to the guy for a few minutes, then the POLICE themselves take down the guy when he tries to leave.

And since when does NBC have an obligation to protect the sexual predator? I can maybe understand if a cop shot the guy or something, but the guy killed HIMSELF! Is NBC supposed to protect predators not just from children, but also themselves? Like I said, baseless accusations on the sister's part. Just another product of our litigious society...
Scotty doesn't know...

AirframeAS

Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:04 pm

if he didn't show up at the house does that still give the police the right to go to his house

Yes it does.

Quoting WildcatYXU (Reply 3):
Soliciting sex with a minor is illegal in some states.

And its also a felony, as others have stated...in some states.

I hope this case gets dismissed in court. The family has no case.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

kstateinALB

Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:15 pm

Quoting Ebs757 (Reply 11):
What night was it on? I must have missed it

I honestly can't remember...I'm thinking I watched it on MSNBC one night...they repeat many of these episodes on there.

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 10):
County District Attorney

Oh thats right...thank you for that...I still remember how surprised I was to hear about a guy of this stature being caught on there.

Just to state what I remember, it is a felony in the state of Texas to solicit sex with a minor.
ALB, DTW, ORD, MDW, MCI, JFK, LGA, LHR, MAD, MSP, IAD, DCA, MCO, ATL, CVG, TUL, MHK, PHL, PIT, DFW, DAL, CLT, IND, AUS,

WildcatYXU

Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 16):
And its also a felony, as others have stated...in some states.

OK, this is what I meant... You know, if English is your fifth language, sometimes you may have problems to express yourself. Thanks for the clarification.
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, Saab 340, YAK40

n710ps

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:14 pm

I think what the subject did was terrible and disgusting BUT what NBC did is uncalled for. They have no business doing this shit and should leave it to law enforcement. Bottom line. As far as I am concerned unless you are deputized and an officer of the law you have no business with it. NBC is as wrong as the man was and they should pay out of the ass. Had they not shown up to embarress this man he might still be alive and if charges were persueable than they would have used legal recourse to solve the issues. NBC did not need to be there or do that. THE END
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

mdodd

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:15 pm

Damn media needs to stay out of stuff like that.
Period.

They report the news...nothing else.

MDorBust

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:15 pm

The lawsuit will go no where.

The only reason it is getting attention is because the level of controversy already surrounding the show on NBC.

People suck steel all the time when warrant service time comes, and it never gets one peep on the airwaves.

Good guys: 1
Pedo scum: 0

It still counts for the other team if you score in your own goal  Wink
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

CaptOveur

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Yeah the guy was a Pedo.. But this show pisses me off..

I heard not one of the perverts they busted was actually successfully prosecuted.

So the guy blew his brains out because of embarassment when he probably wasn't going to jail due to all the illegal crap the show did to bust him.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

ilikeyyc

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:47 pm

God bless NBC for trying to make this world a better place AND making millions of dollars in the process.  Yeah sure

In what court was this law-suit filed?

On a related topic, How did the Nancy Grace law-suit turn out?
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

A332

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:52 pm

His own issue... he's just another scumbag who knows what he's doing is wrong, but refuses to control his urges or seek help for his perverse behaviour.

As it's been said, one less dirtbag predator on the streets.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

n710ps

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Oh do not start on that bimbo dude. I would royally enjoy kicking her with my squared end size 13 loafers in the verticle smile zone. She is another one like these guys from NBC that would do something like that for "justice" and cause an incident like so.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

ebs757

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:05 pm

Quoting N710PS (Reply 19):
I think what the subject did was terrible and disgusting BUT what NBC did is uncalled for. They have no business doing this shit and should leave it to law enforcement. Bottom line. As far as I am concerned unless you are deputized and an officer of the law you have no business with it. NBC is as wrong as the man was and they should pay out of the ass. Had they not shown up to embarress this man he might still be alive and if charges were persueable than they would have used legal recourse to solve the issues. NBC did not need to be there or do that. THE END

Hmm... and the hundreds of pedophiles including 1 that brought duct tape and rope to the house shouldn't have been caught. Its clear nbc is in it for the $ but they are making a difference.
Viva la Vida

ilikeyyc

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:07 pm

Quoting N710PS (Reply 25):
Oh do not start on that bimbo dude. I would royally enjoy kicking her with my squared end size 13 loafers in the verticle smile zone. She is another one like these guys from NBC that would do something like that for "justice" and cause an incident like so.

Agreed.

BTW... great signature!
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

N1120A

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:10 pm

If they violate the law, then they should be held liable. I wonder just what law they are going to apply here though.

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 13):
.he wandered into the trap....they didn't push him.

That is a very dubious thing to say. This show pushes people all the time

Quoting San747 (Reply 15):
Just another product of our litigious society...

Just another product of a society undereducated about its legal system

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 22):

Wow, you made a good post there. The whole idea of bait and push TV just sickens me.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

AA787823

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:43 pm

Good riddance. One less pervert on the street. Saves the taxpayers from an expensive trial. Glad he is dead.
F.U.R.P.....Families Under Reduced Pay

MAH4546

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:01 pm

UT what NBC did is uncalled for. They have no business doing this shit and should leave it to law enforcement.

NBC has probably stopped more of these crimes from happening since the show started than any police department ever has. The show is a ratings superstar and everybody knows about. It has scared sexual predators away. Even if they just stopped one predator, NBC deserves a pat on the back.
a.

aloha73g

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 28):
That is a very dubious thing to say. This show pushes people all the time

How does the show push people?? NBC isn't doing the chatting with the predators, "Perverted Justice" working with police do this every day around the country with or without NBC.

The only aspect NBC added is talking with the guys before their arrest. and setting it up to take down a bunch of guys in a short amount of time. GOOD RIDDANCE if you ask me!!!!!

Yeah the guy was a Pedo.. But this show pisses me off..

I heard not one of the perverts they busted was actually successfully prosecuted.

According to Perveted Justice's website they have participated in stings which have led to 210 convictions nationwide, including many which were part of NBC "To Catch A Predator" shows. The NBC convictions are listed as "group-media busts". http://www.perverted-justice.com/

AND, Preverted Justice posts the chats, screen-names, real names, and pictures of the guys--whether or not NBC is involved.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

N1120A

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 31):

According to Perveted Justice's website they have participated in stings which have led to 210 convictions nationwide, including many which were part of NBC "To Catch A Predator" shows. The NBC convictions are listed as "group-media busts". http://www.perverted-justice.com/

AND, Preverted Justice posts the chats, screen-names, real names, and pictures of the guys--whether or not NBC is involved.

Not to mention that Perverted Justice also receives a $100,000 "consulting fee" per sting. Basically, NBC is paying them to lure people into this. I would really like to see these some of these cases head up to state Supreme Courts.

aloha73g

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 32):
Not to mention that Perverted Justice also receives a $100,000 "consulting fee" per sting. Basically, NBC is paying them to lure people into this. I would really like to see these some of these cases head up to state Supreme Courts.

How are they "luring people in" when they don't initiate the conversation?? The men ALWAYS start the conversation.

As far as the $$$ goes, they also do tons of stings without NBC where they get no $$$. Here is what they say on their site about the fee (makes sense to me):

OMG I read that you guys get a consulting fee from Dateline NBC! Shenanigans!

Yep, we do. When you watch the "To Catch a Predator" stings, you're not watching to hear about us. We're not the focus of the story. We haven't been the focus of the story since the first episode of TCAP. The story on To Catch a Predator is... catching predators and who they are, not who we are. We did the first three TCAP's without a consulting fee. Then we realized a few things...

"Hey, we can't keep our site up and we're all barely scraping by month to month."
"Hey, we're not the story."
"Hey, every TCAP that airs, we get deluged with hits and we don't have the staff to grow."
"Hey, everyone else, from the police arresting the predators to the cameraman operating the surveillance to the security protecting Chris Hansen to Chris Hansen himself to the movers of all the gear to the producers on scene to the person who owns the house to... well, everyone except ourselves and the predators are being compensated for this massive amount of effort."

After we realized all these facts, we did what any sane people would, negotiated for a consulting fee. We're not the story and our work is world-class quality. That doesn't mean that all we do are stings with Dateline, we do just as many police stings WITHOUT Dateline that we do with them... and nobody gives us a dime in regards to those stings.

Still not convinced? Consider the fact that for the first three years of the website, we didn't take in a dime, not from media nor from donations.

If you read some of the chat logs (as I did) you would (I hope) be very disgusted and see that these men are not victims at all....they are EVIL, plain and simple. Most of the garbage those men write would get you banned from this site.

-Aloha!

N1120A

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 33):

How are they "luring people in" when they don't initiate the conversation?? The men ALWAYS start the conversation.

Riiiight. Apparently you have never read this brief.

http://www.courthousenews.com/BartelNBC.pdf

Further, Stone Phillips himself has admitted that it is the Perverted Justice decoys that bring up sex.

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 33):

If you read some of the chat logs (as I did) you would (I hope) be very disgusted and see that these men are not victims at all....they are EVIL, plain and simple.

I worry that our system of justice and the constitution will become victims, just like when Nancy Grace goes on a witch hunt

Pope

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 34):
Further, Stone Phillips himself has admitted that it is the Perverted Justice decoys that bring up sex.

So? If an adult in any way gets sexually arosed by minors then I don't give a rat's asses whether he initiated the contact or not.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

ORFflyer

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:16 pm

BUT what NBC did is uncalled for.

No way - what thee pervs are doing is WORSE than uncalled for.

They have no business doing this shit and should leave it to law enforcement

Negative - they are providing an invaluable service to communities, and the police department in those communities. - See Ian's comment below.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 7):
Police aren't the only ones responsible for catching criminals. Citizens are as well.

checkmark 

Quoting DL021 (Reply 7):
This show has helped put away hundreds of peodophiles and that's a good thing any day.

And yet some folks think it's a bad thing.

Had they not shown up to embarress this man

Embarrass him - GOOD. He NEEDS to be embarrassed, arrested, convicted, and put away. In this case, it doesn't cost taxpayers anything for him to be off the street.

he might still be alive

Glad he isn't in this case.

Quoting Mdodd (Reply 20):
Period. They report the news...nothing else.

Nope - provide all the help they can. PERIOD!

I'd have to see a source for this. I find it really hard to believe.

Good - and it seems to be working. Good on em!

Quoting Pope (Reply 35):
So? If an adult in any way gets sexually arosed by minors then I don't give a rat's asses whether he initiated the contact or not.

Spot on!!

AA787823

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:29 pm

How could anyone EVER consider defending one of these loosers? Personally I think that all sex offenders that prey on children should be eligible for the death penalty. They serve no purpose in society. They usually CANNOT be rehabilitated, and they usually strike again. Lets light up old sparky!
F.U.R.P.....Families Under Reduced Pay

CaptOveur

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:23 am

Quoting ORFflyer (Reply 36):
I'd have to see a source for this. I find it really hard to believe.

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2427

Watch the video and ignore the blog page it is on. It isn't exactly what I was looking for but it pretty much covers it.

Bottom line: leave the police work to the police and leave reality tv to wanna-be actors.

I love the fact they are catching pedos. However, I would much prefer they catch them in a way that gets them jail time, or at least having to register for the rest of their lives. If they don't get convicted they are just going to do it again.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

NIKV69

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting Mdodd (Reply 20):
Period.

I agree. Pedophiles belong in jail. Not on TV. Chris Hansen could give a shit about getting these guys off the street. He wants those ratings and the money that comes with it. Let pervertedjustice and local law enforcement do their jobs and keep it off television. I have watched the show a few times and I feel the TV cameras push it a little too close to entrapment. Which this show is dancing so close to the line on some of these perps. I wouldn't be so surprised to see this case get some legs.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

ORFflyer

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:05 am

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 38):
Watch the video and ignore the blog page it is on. It isn't exactly what I was looking for but it pretty much covers it.

All that shows is that this didn't work in one particular sting. Yea, something went wrong there and the DA didn't indict that group. That doesn't apply to anywhere but that operation in Texas.

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 38):
If they don't get convicted they are just going to do it again.

I'm pretty sure that it has been proven that they do in fact strike again - after conviction, and after they are released from their way too short sentences.

AsstChiefMark

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:39 am

Anyone can type "13 F" or "15 M." When an adult sees that and starts typing sex stuff, then the line has been crossed. It's not illegal to bait, but it's illegal (in this case) take the bait.

If a teenaged girl jumped out from behind a tree into a path of a man and started making making sexual gestures, no crime has been committed. But if he hits on her, then he's committed a felony.

There's no difference between the two.

aloha73g

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:36 am

Riiiight. Apparently you have never read this brief.

http://www.courthousenews.com/BartelNBC.pdf

OK.....instead going off of what other people think or say why dont you just go to their website and read a few of the hundreds of chat logs....the guys bring up the sex 1st. Period, Dot, Bingo!!

vamale_692005 (7:04:55 PM): 28/m/northern va
vamale_692005 (7:05:00 PM): I am guessing my age bothers you
sweet_erin78 (7:05:07 PM): not if ur nice
sweet_erin78 (7:05:12 PM): im 14 f herndon
vamale_692005 (7:05:19 PM): cool
vamale_692005 (7:05:24 PM): so how you doing?
vamale_692005 (7:06:12 PM): you still there?
sweet_erin78 (7:06:18 PM): gud
sweet_erin78 (7:06:21 PM): yea im here
vamale_692005 (7:06:48 PM): okay..I thought maybe after you read my message I posted in the room you would not talk to me anymore
sweet_erin78 (7:06:58 PM): oh i didnt see it
sweet_erin78 (7:07:00 PM): wat u say?
vamale_692005 (7:07:12 PM): this...
vamale_692005 (7:07:14 PM): 28/m/northern va...with 8" shaven pierced cock looking to get sucked...maybe slide into a nice wet pussy...pm me if interested

or

can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:11:24 PM): hi, are you busy
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:11:39 PM): not really
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:11:40 PM): whats up
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:11:41 PM): asl
can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:11:49 PM): im 29 m so cali
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:11:57 PM): 13f 562
can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:12:10 PM): 13?
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:12:17 PM): yea
can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:12:22 PM): you look way older lol
can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:12:32 PM): and im in 562 also
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:12:36 PM): cool
can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:12:47 PM): can i ask a fucked up question?
kieragirlrulz (09/05/06 8:13:05 PM): i guess
can_i_rape_you_anally (09/05/06 8:13:22 PM): do you have a rape fetish, and were you ever raped

Now tell me these guys were lured in. If you think that I don't know what to think about you. These are just 2 small portions of the hundreds of similar conversations that go on for pages and pages and only get more disgusting.

Stop throwing around legal BS written by lawyers. Read what these guys are actually doing and saying and think about if you would like someone talking to your 13 or 14 year old daughter, sister, brother, cousin or friend in this manner.

-Aloha!

AirframeAS

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:45 am

Quoting WildcatYXU (Reply 18):
You know, if English is your fifth language, sometimes you may have problems to express yourself.

Uhhh...what? What do you mean? English is my first language. ASL is my 2nd. Whats your point?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

WildcatYXU

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:00 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 43):
Uhhh...what? What do you mean? English is my first language. ASL is my 2nd. Whats your point?

Not yours, mine. English is my fifth language and I have sometimes hard time to express myself properly. Wasn't it clear?

ANCFlyer

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:29 am

I am boggled by the people here that think this predator got a raw deal . . . really. . . .

I am amazed.

The guy got better than he'd have gotten in prison . . . and what he deserved.

How many of you have a 13 -14 -15 year old daughter? How many of you can put yourself in that perspective?

He earned his fate . . .

Better his own hand than someone elses . . . .

At least we save our tax $$$ prosecuting them . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MDorBust

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 am

Do I really have to tell my kids not to talk to someone named "can_i_rape_you_anally"?
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

aloha73g

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:48 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 46):
Do I really have to tell my kids not to talk to someone named "can_i_rape_you_anally"?

I would hope that they would know better, but you after reading these chats its obvious that these men are predators and they pick on children who have been abused or are depressed.

Most of the screen names aren't that obvious. I quoted from his chat log because he is in the top 5 on their list of the worst.

-Aloha!

allstarflyer

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:22 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 35):

checkmark  to Pope there. There's nothing wrong with weeding them out in order to catch them. It's practically the only way I can tell to catch some of these sickos. And before anyone cries "civil rights infringements", these sickos are by nature infringing on the rights of the innocent by the slightest of participation.
Living the American Dream

Blackbird

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:26 am

Well... technically entrapment doesn't really apply if the person was "ready and willing" to commit the crime. However the PeeJ crowd has in some cases started conversation with others, and when they asked them to come over or something, or send a pic, the guy often didn't want to and their decoys kept pressing them until they did. In other words, they were not ready and willing to post an obscene pic of themselves or to go over to meet them. Even if the person knows it's wrong, if the person's not ready and willing, and was persuaded into committing the crime, it's still entrapment.

In regards to ANCFlyer's statement: "How many of you have a 13 -14 -15 year old daughter? How many of you can put yourself in that perspective?" I consider that to be a basic fear-mongering statement to stifle further discussion. I will even go so far as to say that virtually anyone who has a teenage child cannot possibly think objectively in this area since their desire to protect their child and the fear that they would experience in such a situation makes evaluating the facts of the situation without passion or predjudice virtually impossible.

Andrea Kent