allstarflyer

Former Late Night Host Tom Snyder Dies

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:29 am

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/30/obit.snyder.ap/index.html

I'm just full of bad news today. This is just after I posted that Bill Walsh of the 49ers has died. And how strange - they both died of leukemia. I almost never hear of leukemia cases, although, I know it is a killer and there are people who still suffer from it.

I remember Snyder from keeping the TV on after David Letterman. He seemed a decent guy. Another loss.

[Edited 2007-07-30 21:30:03]
Living the American Dream

A340Spotter

RE: Former Late Night Host Tom Snyder Dies

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:51 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Thread starter):
I remember Snyder from keeping the TV on after David Letterman. He seemed a decent guy.

While I barely remember his Tomorrow Show after Johnny Carson was on, I do remember David Letterman honoring him by giving him the Late Late Show host gig when that show was founded in 1995. I saw damn near every show of his over 1996/7 working midnight shifts and was sad when he was replaced by Craig Kilborn, but time was moving on for him then. A classy individual who was so personable, he made you feel as if he was talking to you through the TV. Hope you're enjoying the sky flying by, Tom. RIP
"Irregardless, it's a Cat III airplane, we don't need an alternate!"

AeroWesty

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:56 am

Wow, I remember Tom going back The Tomorrow Show that was on after Carson in the 70s/early 80s, and his famous interviews with John Lennon and Charles Manson. Didn't know that he was ill. RIP to an interesting fellow.
International Homo of Mystery

PSA53

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:13 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 2):
Wow, I remember Tom going back The Tomorrow Show that was on after Carson in the 70s/early 80s, and his famous interviews with John Lennon and Charles Manson.

checkmark  He was a fixture in LA media before that.I tried to watch The Tomorrow and Late shows when ever I could.I thought he was a very colorful personality.

RIP,Tom.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

Tom in NO

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Thread starter):
I almost never hear of leukemia cases, although, I know it is a killer and there are people who still suffer from it.

I hear about it all too much.....my mother died from AML about 11 years ago, and my dad died from a form of leukemia roughly eighteen months ago.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 3):
He was a fixture in LA media before that.

I remember him well from his LA days at KNBC (1970-74). In fact, he and Tom Brokaw (1966-73) were there together during the early 70's.

RIP Tom Snyder.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

AsstChiefMark

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:31 am

He was one of those idiots who thought that smoking on the air was so cool.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

RJdxer

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:52 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 5):
He was one of those idiots who thought that smoking on the air was so cool.

That's why I'm surprised he developed leukemia instead of lung cancer. You're right, he smoked like a chimney on the air.

He was a great interviewer though, much better than Charlie Rose, and Larry King is not even in the same league. RIP
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!