Emirates773ER

9 Words Women USE

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:38 am

1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome.

8. Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

*Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.

*Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know it's true.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

Siren

RE: 9 Words Women USE

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:47 am

Hmmm. I can issue a few corrections here...

I define 'Whatever' as a way of blowing you off. If I'm gonna say F you, I say it.

#2 is accurate.

#1... hmm. I need to think about it. I can think of instances when I've said 'fine' just to get people to leave me alone. Maybe men should heed that advice.

#3... Nothing is a codeword for 'leave me alone'. Want to avoid the storm? Find a way to clear out.

No comment on the rest of them

ANCFlyer

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:34 am

Quoting Emirates773er (Thread starter):
3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

Amen.

No matter in what order these are heard, you are simply screwed, blued and tatooed.

Hope you practiced your E&E techniques.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

kmh1956

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:39 am

As applies to me....
1. Fine: I use it when someone says "How are you?"

2. Five Minutes: Five minutes is five minutes. I'm a fiend about punctuality

3. Nothing: The lack of something.....if there's an empty bowl and someone says 'what's in the bowl?' I answer "nothing"

4. Go Ahead: you don't ned my permission

5. Loud Sigh: Usually after I've exhausted myself rearranging all the furniture in the living room.

6. That's Okay: That's fine with me.

7. Thanks: A word of gratitude, taught to me by my parents at a very young age, right after 'please.'

8. Whatever: I'm tired...you choose. (TV show, restaurant....)

9. Don't worry about it, I got it: I can handle this just fine.

I say what I mean; I mean what I say. I don't play games....that was over when I was a teenager.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

CastleIsland

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 am

Quoting Siren (Reply 1):
Nothing is a codeword for 'leave me alone'. Want to avoid the storm? Find a way to clear out.

Just a thought: why not say "please leave me alone" instead?
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

ORFflyer

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 3):
I say what I mean; I mean what I say. I don't play games....that was over when I was a teenager.

Will you marry me?

Wink

kmh1956

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:55 am

Quoting ORFflyer (Reply 5):
Will you marry me?

Been there, done that...not sure I'm ready for that delightful experience again!!!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

Siren

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:31 am

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 4):
Just a thought: why not say "please leave me alone" instead?

Because it's not socially acceptable to under the social rules defined by men in this patriarchal society. A woman cannot ask for time alone. It is uncouth. Only a man can. So we have invented other words with differing definitions - so the men need to redefine nothing so there is no way for 'nothing' to substitute for 'leave me alone' anymore.

LHMark

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:34 am

Quoting Siren (Reply 7):

Because it's not socially acceptable to under the social rules defined by men in this patriarchal society. A woman cannot ask for time alone. It is uncouth. Only a man can. So we have invented other words with differing definitions - so the men need to redefine nothing so there is no way for 'nothing' to substitute for 'leave me alone' anymore.

Maybe it's a perspective problem on my part, but I don't think that's true. My wife tells me to leave her the f*ck alone all the time.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

kmh1956

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:49 am

Quoting Siren (Reply 7):
Only a man can. So we have invented other words with differing definitions - so the men need to redefine nothing so there is no way for 'nothing' to substitute for 'leave me alone' anymore.

I use the phrase "Me time." This is a period of time every day that belongs to me alone....and I will inform anyone who needs to know of that fact.

san747

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:26 am

Based off personal experience with girl friends and platonic friends:

Usually true

2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

EXTREMELY TRUE

Nothing ALWAYS means something.

True

5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

Depends, but that certainly is one use of the loud sigh.

6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

True

7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome.

True

True, plus it's also their way of conceding to you in a fight or acknowledging that you are right.

9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

Can't comment on this one, haven't really encountered it.

[Edited 2007-08-02 02:30:50]
Scotty doesn't know...

jcs17

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:37 am

9 words women use: Do not even think about putting it in there!
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

kmh1956

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:53 am

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 11):
Do not even think about putting it in there!

If "in there" is where I think you're talking about...damn skippy!