Falcon84
Topic Author

Cheney Has Hissy-Fit Over Gonzalez Probe

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:40 am

This guy is such a beaut, I don't know where to begin:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/31/cheney.lkl/index.html

If he says Gonzalez is a good man, then I'm thinking he's exactly the opposite, so little do I trust that man.

And again, he's stating he's part of both the Executive and Legislative branch-obviously to avoid oversight whenever it suits him.

All these idiots wanting to impeach the Presidnet? Forget it-let's get rid of Cheney, and this nation is already 100 times better off.
Work Right, Fly Hard

FlyingTexan

RE: Cheney Has Hissy-Fit Over Gonzalez Probe

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:49 am

Yet another day with yet another report of more arrogance in Dear Leader's administration.

~Criminals~
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

RJdxer

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:25 am

You've been having hissy fits over the VP for years now, so what's the problem? Vice President Cheney is correct when he asserts:
"As vice president, obviously, I'm next in line to succeed the president if something happens to him. I have an office in the West Wing of the White House. I advise the president, I'm a member of the National Security Council. Those are all executive functions granted to me basically by the president.

"At the same time, I have responsibilities under the Constitution for certain things on Capitol Hill. In the Senate, I am president of the Senate, I am the presiding officer in the Senate, I cast tie-breaking votes there. My paycheck actually comes from the Senate."

So if he draws his pay from the Senate budget, that makes his position part of the legislative branch. Used to be that the VP was the second loser in the electoral college but that changed with the election of 1800 and the ratification of the 12th amendment. There was a big argument about the VP being the President of the Senate as well but that's his primary job according to the Constitution.

As to the rest, didn't sound like a hissy fit to me. He didn't go on a name callling harangue. He's towing the administrations line which is what I would expect him to do.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:27 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 2):

({Looks at watch..)

Right on cue....

All is right in the world.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

L-188

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:33 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 2):
As to the rest, didn't sound like a hissy fit to me

It didn't sound like one to me either.

If anybody is pulling a hissy fit it is those democrats who are creating a scandel to destroy this white house.

The damage that Polosi and Reed are causing this country will me immerseriable. How could this country be so stupid to put the democrats in charge.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

AsstChiefMark

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:39 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
How could this country be so stupid to put the democrats in charge.

Ever since your beloved Bush League team started destroying this country.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:41 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
The damage that Polosi and Reed are causing this country will me immerseriable.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

As little as I like Reed-I don't mind Pelosi-to say that in the face of the last 7 years of this Administration is absolutely a hoot. Reed and Pelosi can't cause much damage unless they're the top dog, and they're not. The damage has been done by this President, his administration, and his reckless policies in almost every area.

It's amazing how blinded you are, L-188, to all that this president has destroyed since 2001.

But, it's good to see the two biggest apologists for the GOP on here, right on time, to save their heroes from abuse. Make me feel peachy.  rotfl 
Work Right, Fly Hard

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

Yeah, like raising the minimum wage for the first time in a decade. Horrors!!
International Homo of Mystery

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:48 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 7):

Yes, it's so much more fair-minded to let the richest Americans just get richer. Piss on the bottom feeders.

Signed,

The economists at the GOP.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

Because of the stupidity and arrogance of the Republican Party. That's now.
Work Right, Fly Hard

L-188

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am

Yeah that was an economicly stupid move. All you do when you raise the minimum wage is increase prices charged. And then you are back to where you where.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 6):
The damage has been done by this President, his administration, and his reckless policies in almost every area.

No the damage has come in the last year because rather then attacking issues we need addressed, they are attacking Bush to position themselves and their party in 08'

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:51 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 10):
All you do when you raise the minimum wage is increase prices charged. And then you are back to where you where.

How many raises have you given back because it was "economically stupid"? One? Two? Ten? None?

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:55 am

Yeah that was an economicly stupid move. All you do when you raise the minimum wage is increase prices charged. And then you are back to where you where.

As I said above.....

Those at the bottom. work hard for a living ,and don't have an inheritance to get rich off of, L-188, deserve a fair wage. Something below $6 an hour isn't a fair wage. In this country, that's an abomination. It's every bit as fair as giving windfall tax cuts to the wealthiest.

In fact, L-188, if them rich folk are spending all that money, and it trickles down to us low-lifes at the bottom, those businesses should be more than able to handle to the offset, right? After all, we should all bow to those who make millions and billions while the rest of us make it day to day, right?  Yeah sure

No the damage has come in the last year because rather then attacking issues we need addressed, they are attacking Bush to position themselves and their party in 08'

You mean, issues like gay marriage? The Flag Amendment? More tax breaks for the rich? And not the war in Iraq? Illegal Aliens?

Yes, the GOP seems to have their priorities stright, all right.  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

MDorBust

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:08 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

Because the congress before them wasn't doing a spot of good either.

It's not like the Dems are doing any worse than the do nothing GOP was.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 11):
How many raises have you given back because it was "economically stupid"? One? Two? Ten? None?

Individual worker raises based on performance are a far cry from across the board wage increases.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 12):
Those at the bottom. work hard for a living ,and don't have an inheritance to get rich off of, L-188, deserve a fair wage.

Completely unachievable.

Adjust the bottom up, and the economy will just inflate. Welcome to capitalism. The companies won't suffer a hit from increasing payroll, they'll just pass it on by increasing prices.

How about, not getting stuck at the bottom?
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:14 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 13):
Individual worker raises based on performance are a far cry from across the board wage increases.

Some people don't receive performance-based raises. The government has to mandate an increase. Employers can be very cheap.

But anyway, this thread is about Gonzales, who's overpaid. Big grin

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:15 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 15):
But anyway, this thread is about Gonzales, who's overpaid.

rotfl 

No he's not, he's a Republican, and Republicans are never overpaid. Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

FlyingTexan

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:37 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
The damage that Polosi and Reed are causing this country will me immerseriable

Do you really believe that? Because it's delusional.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 6):
The damage has been done by this President, his administration, and his reckless policies in almost every area.

What is this damage you speak of Falcon? Isn't that just "collateral damage" ???  Wink

Ahhh, Westy! Raise the minimum wage and SKY WILL FALL!!!! Horror!!!

To you naysayers against and badmouthing the minimum wage raise - I want people in my country to make a decent wage. Heck, they won't break in to your house and steal your 42" plasma and (god given) firearms.

But I don't even know if that is enforced.

Last election season, my local County REPUBLICAN Party didn't even pay minimum wage and choose to hire illegals to deliver their door flyers. In Culberson's District, no less. Ain't that ironic!
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:38 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 17):
That's why I suggest not keeping an entry level job after your teens.

::sigh::

Anyway, this thread is about the overpaid Gonzales.

MDorBust

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:41 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 19):
Anyway, this thread is about the overpaid Gonzales.

Westy, love you dear..

But you brought this one up.

Have an appletini.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

AC773

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:44 am

Let's say all those bums in the ghetto take your advice and bring themselves out of poverty, enjoying their good jobs with good pay. Through the blessings of a future hypothetical Republican government, we have deported all those bloodsucking Mexicans. Think about it...the US as we know it would implode.

We need workers at every level to function as a society, and as a society, IMO we should take care of those who occupy the lower rungs of the ladder to be sure they are happy and productive, thus keeping the country running.

Just my  twocents 
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:45 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 20):
But you brought this one up.

Pooky, L-188 brought it up by going off on Pelosi and Reid.  tongue 

MDorBust

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:48 am

Quoting AC773 (Reply 21):
Think about it...the US as we know it would implode.

I'll suggest that the nation could do with a good many of it's fast food restaurants imploding because they can't find labor.

It would be a boon to the nation.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 22):
Pooky, L-188 brought it up by going off on Pelosi and Reid.

I'll take that defense as filed then snookums.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:48 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 14):
And, please, tell me once again, you're not a Republican?

No, I'm not Falcon.

rotfl 

God I love hearing that. Pinnochio has noting on you, dude.  rotfl 

oting Falcon84 (Reply 14):
Yet you arrogantly deny others a decent pay increase.

Damn straight.

Then I rest my case about Pinocchio. You're as cold-blooded as any GOP economic advisor. You would not deny yourself one, but you'd deny others, because you have contempt for those who are at the bottom. How Republican of you.

And it rests my case about conservative economics: give it all to the rich, fuck everyone else.

Let's get back to Gonzalez.

Like Cheney, I think he's a dishonest, not very nice man, who has all kinds of secrets he's hiding. I'm surprised he hasn't asked VPOTUS to hide everything for him. He's the typical Bush appointee: arrogant, dishonest, paranoid. Fits right in.

No wonder Cheney thinks so highly of him.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MDorBust

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 24):
Then I rest my case about Pinocchio. You're as cold-blooded as any GOP economic advisor.

When have I ever denied being a strong fiscal conservative Falcon?

Where's the lie in that?

The only way I could be lieing is if Republican and Conservative are defining characteristics of each other. Hint: They aren't.

You would not deny yourself one, but you'd deny others, because you have contempt for those who are at the bottom.

Falcon, did you miss the part where instead of looking for a raise at the bottom I got out of the bottom? Did you miss the part where I suggest others do the same? If I have such contempt for those people why do I openly suggest that they become upwardly mobile? Surely, wouldn't the person with contempt for them say they are stuck with their lot and should just give up to the drudgery?

And it rests my case about conservative economics: give it all to the rich, fuck everyone else.

I would love to see where I said that?

Can you perhaps source it for me?

RJdxer

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
({Looks at watch..)

Right on cue....

All is right in the world.

Tell me what I said that was incorrect.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 15):
Some people don't receive performance-based raises. The government has to mandate an increase. Employers can be very cheap.

But anyway, this thread is about Gonzales, who's overpaid.

It is?

Stop being bitter. Self improvement is entirely possible.

Not in Falcons world. In his world you are either born with a silver spoon in your mouth or you get the taste of plastic your entire life. No way to ever improve your financial situation because the man has his jackboot on your throat. That about right there Falcon?

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me about how the President cannot fire as little or as many asst AG's as he wishes too, at anytime he wishes too. Seems as though the VP is waiting for the same answer.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

L-188

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:56 am

Because the congress before them wasn't doing a spot of good either.

Agreed.

How many raises have you given back because it was "economically stupid"? One? Two? Ten? None

Dumb question, see below

That is why it was a dumb question Westy. Apples and Oranges.

Adjust the bottom up, and the economy will just inflate. Welcome to capitalism. The companies won't suffer a hit from increasing payroll, they'll just pass it on by increasing prices.

Exactly, what makes anybody think there won't be across the board transfer of these costs on to the consumer.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 12):
In fact, L-188, if them rich folk are spending all that money, and it trickles down to us low-lifes at the bottom, those businesses should be more than able to handle to the offset,

And why do you have any faith that they won't

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 14):
If we can give the richest a break, we can give the bottom a break.

In concept, I agree with you.

Great concept, just doesn't play out well in real life.

I didn't have any special starts. Didn't have rich parents. Didn't get greased into some special school. Didn't win any lotteries.

Neither did I, Public School, Army, Airport jobs going through college, working on a couple of student loans.

L-188

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:59 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 26):
Not in Falcons world. In his world you are either born with a silver spoon in your mouth or you get the taste of plastic your entire life. No way to ever improve your financial situation because the man has his jackboot on your throat. That about right there Falcon?

A little harsh, but there are times he does seem to believe in the cast system.

am still waiting for someone to explain to me about how the President cannot fire as little or as many asst AG's as he wishes too, at anytime he wishes too

He can, that is why there isn't an actual scandel here, just a jack-ass party trumped up one.

Amazing how democrats forget that Clinton fired the lot of them save one.....he kept his job because of lobbing of Bill Bradley.

baroque

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
Forget it-let's get rid of Cheney, and this nation is already 100 times better off.

This para from the article is choice, I really like it.
"The president feels strongly -- and I do too, I agree with him -- that it's important for us to pass on these offices we occupy to our successors in as good a shape as we found them. And that means protecting and preserving the integrity of those processes," Cheney said.
Just when some had been proposing that 42 left the joint in a mess, we now find it was in "ggod shape". Mark that down for a campaign ad.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

Oooh, that sounds painful. It could easily be worse than a "massacure". Even 43 butchers his meat in a more transparenterized fashion.
 Smile

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 25):
When have I ever denied being a strong fiscal conservative Falcon?

Where's the lie in that?

Never said you weren't. I believe that. It's that you say you're not Republican that slays me every time. I'll never, ever buy that one.

Falcon, did you miss the part where instead of looking for a raise at the bottom I got out of the bottom?

And so did I, dude-by working a long time through the company. And guess what -many people who start at the bottom of any company does that-works their way through the corporate chain. I'm not going to be in management, but I make a decent wage now, and so will most people making minimum wage-over time.

Yet you arrogantly say that they should NOT be allowed a pay increase. Who the hell are YOU to say someone making minimum doesn't deserve one? Your problems is you have the stereotype that someone who makes the minimum will ALWAYS make that. That's because you're full of yourself, and full of contempt for those who are below you.

Well, thank goodness The Congress was a little smarter than you this time, and for once, instead of giving billions to the richest, decided that those at the bottom could get a better start with the companies they're with. And if those companies can't handle that, maybe they shouldn't be in business in the first place.

I would love to see where I said that?

When you day "damn straight" that those at the bottom should not get a way, that's what you've said-fuck 'em.

Tell me what I said that was incorrect.

Nothing. You were right there, on time, to shamelessly stand up for anything the GOP does, or doesn't do, without a blink of the eye, with all blinders on, just as I expected. Thanks for coming.

Not in Falcons world. In his world you are either born with a silver spoon in your mouth or you get the taste of plastic your entire life.

The reality is that for most people, that's the way life is. Not all, but for most. You'd never admit that, though, because your whole outlook on life would be seen for what it is-a cold, anti-person, pro-rich philosophy.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 28):
A little harsh, but there are times he does seem to believe in the cast system.

There is one, actually. The rich, and everyone else. At least, as far as conservative economists feel. The fact that the gap between the richest and poorest is growing at an incredible rate tells me we are drifting into such a system, seems to me.

And, over the millennia, what has happened to many nations where the rich are obscenely rich, and the poor are left to their own devices, and the "middle class" as it were, put near extinction? Many a revolution has started that way.

Edit:

One more thing. The rich, be they multi-national corporations, or insanely rich individuals have pretty much hijacked this government, especially Congress-Republicans AND Democrats-to do their bidding, and to make sure they're taken care of. The Congress doesn't work for the American people anymore,at least not the majority. They work for those with economic power and clout. No one else. Both parties have been seduced by this immoral lot. Both parties. And it's not going to change, if ever, for a long time.

[Edited 2007-08-01 05:11:33]
Work Right, Fly Hard

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 27):
Dumb question

What was dumb was bringing Pelosi and Reid into this by the fourth bleedin' reply! I just took the dumb and ran with it.

Now let's get back to those overpaid clowns, Cheney and Gonzales.

MDorBust

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 30):
It's that you say you're not Republican that slays me every time. I'll never, ever buy that one.

Well, I won't loose any sleep over it.

Yet you arrogantly say that they should NOT be allowed a pay increase.

How is it that you always manage to leave off the important part.

They shouldn't be given a wage increase simply because they are at the bottom.

No where do I say they shouldn't be given a wage increase if they prove through job performance that they deserve one.

Being at the bottom is not proof of deserving a wage increase.

Your problems is you have the stereotype that someone who makes the minimum will ALWAYS make that.

If you actually read what I've written you would know better that to say such a blatantly false thing.

When you day "damn straight" that those at the bottom should not get a way, that's what you've said-fuck 'em.

That's not even close Falcon.

I said they shouldn't be given an accross the board raise just for being at the bottom.

No where did I say they should be denied the means for advancement.

Now, stop making up BS statements that I've clearly never said and openly contradicted.

AC773

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:11 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 23):
I'll suggest that the nation could do with a good many of it's fast food restaurants imploding because they can't find labor.

I'll accept that when you can prove to me that fast food comprises 100% of the lowest income bracket, or that none of the jobs in that bracket are necessary.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me about how the President cannot fire as little or as many asst AG's as he wishes too, at anytime he wishes too.

To say that is to misunderstand the situation...the congressional investigation is trying to find out whether or not the attorneys were fired for political reasons.
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 33):
Well, I won't loose any sleep over it.

neither will I, and I hope we both get a good nights' sleep.

They shouldn't be given a wage increase simply because they are at the bottom.

then the rich shouldn't be given a tax windfall because they're at the top. Now, we're even.

That's not even close Falcon.

That's dead on point. Now, it is bedime. Good health to you.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MDorBust

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:17 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 35):
then the rich shouldn't be given a tax windfall because they're at the top. Now, we're even.

Hey, I'm an advocate of flat rate taxing.

Equal for everyone.

So uh, you won't get an argument out of me on this one.

[Edited 2007-08-01 05:18:01]

itsjustme

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Hissy fit or not, anyone who continues to support this jackass of an AG is simply being foolish. I've never seen such a doubletalking, if not lying, sorry ass excuse for a law officer in my life. Fire his ass, now.

ltbewr

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:18 pm

AG Gongolaz is a farce. He has advocated a huge increases in the power of the President and VP, encouraged unconstitutional torture of 'terror' prisoners, the creation and maintaining of Gitmo, reducing to a considerable degree some basic human rights, allowed too much in political influence as to decisions of the Justice Dept. (like the Federal Tobacco lawsuit deal and the firing of Fed Prosecutors), failed to enforce immigration laws, and so on. I support that he be impeached and the replacement be a career Justice Dept. person, not another political hack.

itsjustme

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:21 pm

And in other Cheney-releated news, the VP has finally admitted he was wrong about "last throes" in Iraq. Heck, that only took a mere 2 years and 2 months. Big of him.

RJdxer

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:23 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):
Nothing.

Which is what your reply contains. Please tell me where, in my reply, that I am incorrect.
"The Vice President is not a member of either the executive or the legislative branch. Constitutionally, the Vice President is not a subordinate of the President, who has no power to issue orders to the Vice President and who cannot remove him from office. (The Vice President can be removed only by impeachment.)"
http://www.answers.com/topic/vice-president-u-s?cat=biz-fin
As to the rest, it's about the office, not the office holder. Congress is once again trying to gain power at the expense of the Executive Branch. This is not the first time or the first entity that has come under a power grab by Congress. The States have felt it many times since 1865.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):
You'd never admit that, though, because your whole outlook on life would be seen for what it is-a cold, anti-person, pro-rich philosophy.

I'll never admit that because to do so would be to deny my own doing. I come from a middle class family in Westlake. I'm not rich, but I didn't start out with a trust fund or any wealth at all. Yet now I live in a comfortable paid for home. I have not only a truck but a motorcycle, both paid for. I have a good job, make a fair amount for what I do, and have saved, scrimped, and invested to the point where I am completely comfortable and able to travel to Kiev, Reykjavik, Las Vegas, and Birmingham for A.net meets all in one year without having to worry about the kids eating mac and cheese for dinner. I just wrote a check to cover the remaining cost of my daughters college semester and didn't have to obsess over how much it was costing. No, I'm not anti-person for if I can do this, anyone can. I am pro-rich for if I'm not for being rich then I must be for being poor and I am certainly not that. Just as I am certainly not pro big government for they have the biggest trouble finding solutions for simple problems and the complex problems that they do have are going wrong and yet nothing but accusations fly back and forth. You can trust the government to solve your financial problems if you want Falcon, but it will never make you rich and will more than likely leave you wanting.

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 35):
Hissy fit or not, anyone who continues to support this jackass of an AG is simply being foolish. I've never seen such a doubletalking, if not lying, sorry ass excuse for a law officer in my life. Fire his ass, now.

And he hasn't even had a hand in helping to push a bunch of people to set fire to themselves, or dragged a kid out of a home in the dark of night and shipped back to Cuba! Go figure.

baroque

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:20 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 38):
or dragged a kid out of a home in the dark of night and shipped back to Cuba!

If Gitmo is in Cuba, as my bestest map shows, you could be wrong there, though probably not back to Cuba.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:49 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 38):
And he hasn't even had a hand in helping to push a bunch of people to set fire to themselves, or dragged a kid out of a home in the dark of night and shipped back to Cuba!

Yeah, that was terrible. Rightfully taking the kid away from those who had kidnapped him; brought him back to his father, his blood relative; back to the only home he'd ever known. Yeah, really awful.

But that's for another time.
Work Right, Fly Hard

cfalk

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:22 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
If anybody is pulling a hissy fit it is those democrats who are creating a scandel to destroy this white house.

checkmark 

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 5):
Ever since your beloved Bush League team started destroying this country.

Nice rhetoric, but true exactly HOW?

You, Falcon, Westy and others are all pretty vigorous dissenters... Have you been getting knocks on the door at midnight? Has the government threatened you in any way (other than the IRS - but that's been standard for ages)

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 8):
Yes, it's so much more fair-minded to let the richest Americans just get richer.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/donordems.asp?filter=A&sortby=4

Check it out - The Dems lead the pack as far as donations from the rich and shameless, including Hollywood, the Trial Lawyers, etc. In fact, the lead they have among those demographics is downright shameful.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:42 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 41):

Hope that Kool-Aid is tasting good, Charles.

And you're agreeing with L-188 that this is all a plot to destroy this White House?  rotfl 

Sorry, but the White House is destroying this White House, no one else. And, after the GOP spent EIGHT YEARS trying to destroy the previous administration, and made no bones about it, I find that pretty freaking funny indeed.
Work Right, Fly Hard

cfalk

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:11 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 42):
And you're agreeing with L-188 that this is all a plot to destroy this White House?

How else would you describe all these fictitious "scandals" for public consumption? No crime committed, not even a hint of a crime, and you still launch investigations. The Dems have realized that this prez doesn't fight back (by giving a lot of press conferences etc.) In the absence of counterarguments, they can go to town.

And, after the GOP spent EIGHT YEARS trying to destroy the previous administration, and made no bones about it, I find that pretty freaking funny indeed.

Excusing bad behaviour by pointing to other bad behaviour is a bit childish, don't you think? Did the GOP go overboard with Clinton? Yes. Did the Dems go overboard with Reagan? Also, yes. Does that mean that this tit-for-tat has to go on forever?

seb146

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 am

All you do when you raise the minimum wage is increase prices charged. And then you are back to where you where.

Have you seen fuel and electricity prices lately? That coupled with the growing price of rent and no minimum wage increase is a good reason.

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 24):
I am still waiting for someone to explain to me about how the President cannot fire as little or as many asst AG's as he wishes too, at anytime he wishes too. Seems as though the VP is waiting for the same answer.

That, in and of itself, is not illegal. However, lying about it under oath is.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 25):
And why do you have any faith that they won't

Ummm.... all the outsourcing?

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 34):
Hey, I'm an advocate of flat rate taxing.

Equal for everyone.

I was, but now, I am not. Someone who makes only 5 000 a year and taxed 10% is worse off than someone who makes 5 000 000 taxed at 10%. The 5 million is easier to make the difference that then 5K. The 5K person still has to pay for shelter, food, utilities and transportation to work, doctor, or wherever if they even have a job or can afford health care.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

frequentflyer

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:33 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 36):
AG Gongolaz is a farce. He has advocated a huge increases in the power of the President and VP, encouraged unconstitutional torture of 'terror' prisoners, the creation and maintaining of Gitmo, reducing to a considerable degree some basic human rights, allowed too much in political influence as to decisions of the Justice Dept.

He is more a loyal Friend to who-you-know-has-a-lot-of-brains-and-was-elected-Thanks-to-Daddy's-name-to-the-Presidency than anything else, and also Bush's Legal fuse. Period.

Glorious? No
Necessary for Bush? Yes
Shameful? Yes

Now as far as Cheney's fit... excuse me, who cares about his fits still? The man is delusional and tries to cover his behind by making ridiculous statements.
Take off and live

Pope

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:01 am

Sorry, but the White House is destroying this White House, no one else. And, after the GOP spent EIGHT YEARS trying to destroy the previous administration, and made no bones about it, I find that pretty freaking funny indeed.

And there we have it. They hypocritical statement (the money shot in a.net political debate). So when the GOP is on a political witch hunt - your position is that it's bad for the country and the Congress should get back to the work of the American public. But when the Democrats control Congress and they do it - it's "pretty freaking funny indeed."

If I can count on anything it's Falcon always demonstrating his own hypocrisy. I love it.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 46):
But when the Democrats control Congress and they do it - it's "pretty freaking funny indeed."

Pope it's pretty freaking funny hearing the GOP cry "foul!" after they did the same thing in the 90's. First, I don't see this "witch hunt" that Cheney is complaining about. If Gonzalez lied under oath, he committed boo-boo, didn't he? That's what is being investigated here, plus the fact that there were possibly overt political reasons for these firings, not job-related reasons.

Secondly, this Administration IS destroying itself, through bad policy decision, a war that is still a bloody mess, paranoia, fear, secrecy. This Administation is hiding from everyone, and because of that, no one trust them-except you, L-188, RJdxer, and a few others here and around the nation. They have brought suspicion on themselves, and they only have themselves to blame.
Work Right, Fly Hard

cfalk

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:58 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 47):
If Gonzalez lied under oath, he committed boo-boo, didn't he? That's what is being investigated here,

But if it's a lie about nothing? Kinda like the Clinton deal - he lied about a blowjob. (Actually quite a few blowjobs - but I digress  Smile) But a REPUBLICAN congress acquited him because the lie was about nothing important. The blowjob(s) were not illegal.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 47):
plus the fact that there were possibly overt political reasons for these firings, not job-related reasons.

Again, the President can fire them for whatever damn reason he pleases, political personal, or whatever. They serve at the pleasure of the president. THERE IS NO CRIME, apart from what the investigation itself instigated - just like the Clinton BJ trial.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 48):
But a REPUBLICAN congress acquited him because the lie was about nothing important.

Bull. They acquitted because they were scared to hell that the American people would vote them out of office for doing it. That's why they acquitted him.
Work Right, Fly Hard