walter747

Lindsey Lohan Back In Rehab

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:37 am

Third Time's a charm eh?

Lindsey Lohan is back in Rehab for the third time.

http://peopleconnection.aol.com/red-pill/celebrity-gossip/hot-topics

If any other American that partied like she did since she was 18 they would be in jail for many years to come.  Yeah sure

Grow up please.
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

AsstChiefMark

RE: Lindsey Lohan Back In Rehab

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 am

Quoting Walter747 (Thread starter):

Welcome to last week
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

MCOflyer

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:54 am

I agree man and think she should be in jail. If I did the same, I would be treated more harsh. This is bullshit and think the judge should treat her with hostile intention.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

aloges

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:55 am

Lindsay Who?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

deltagator

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:56 am

Third Time's a charm eh?

Rehab is for quitters!  stirthepot 

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Lindsey stands a good chance of being dead within 5 years but given her recent antics I'll up that to dead within year.

That said I really don't care one way or the other what happens to her (despite posting in this thread) and will chalk up to bad parenting and nobody ever telling this dumb broad NO.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Jpax

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 am

If any other American that partied like she did since she was 18 they would be in jail for many years to come.

I love our corrupt justice system.  sarcastic  So true and so sad. If you or I did that, we would still be locked up and paying the price from our first offense.

MCOflyer

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:08 am

Quoting Jpax (Reply 5):
If you or I did that, we would still be locked up and paying the price from our first offense.

Very true.

Hunter

vikkyvik

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:25 am

If any other American that partied like she did since she was 18 they would be in jail for many years to come.

May be true, but as it's played out, she's in rehab (again...). And I hope that she is able to get clean and sober and stay clean and sober, if it's what she wants to do. Obviously, last time, she didn't want to.

I've got no love for her at all, but I hope she is able to shed her demons, if for no other reason than because she's a role model for young girls, whether she likes it or not.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

kmh1956

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:26 am

OMG!!!
Nah...I can't even ACT surprised.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

andessmf

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 am

Poor girl, after all those problems she had while growing up... sarcastic 

Sometimes, we excuse certain behavior due to other circumstances. They 'could' apply here, but that is just a cop out. She's gotta take responsibility for her own problems.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 7):
she's a role model for young girls

Cause #13 for getting a severe reprimand for my kids. I will NOT accept them taking as 'role models' any type of celebrity. 'Being yourself' means exactly that, not the imitation of someone you think its cool.

ConcordeBoy

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 4):
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Lindsey stands a good chance of being dead within 5 years but given her recent antics I'll up that to dead within year.

And has been said before and will be said again... Lindsey stands a good chance of killing a single-mother who's returning home from her 2nd-job, perhaps even moreso than herself. So often does that seem to be the way these things play out.  Sad

As for her going to rehab: she may as well have gone to a ChuckECheese's, for all the good it'll apparently do. Or has it not been demonstrable that sitting down for a few days in a pamper-palace tends not to address the serious root problems that these out-of-control and scared little girls are facing?
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

kmh1956

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:39 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 9):
I will NOT accept them taking as 'role models' any type of celebrity. 'Being yourself' means exactly that, not the imitation of someone you think its cool.

If you weren't already on my RU list, I would have added you now. I admire that attitude in bringing up your kids....I've always tried to encourage my daughter to be herslef and not follow everyone else like a sheep.....I'd like to think she paid attention!!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

LTU932

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 am

Cause #13 for getting a severe reprimand for my kids. I will NOT accept them taking as 'role models' any type of celebrity.

Neither would I. They all have to be themselves, not try to immitate a celebrity, especially since those celebrity "role models" are for the vast majority NEGATIVE role models. Just remember how many girls have anorexia or bulimia, just because they wanted to look like celebrities/top models. And Lindsey "Junkie" Lohan doesn't look like she's in a healthy shape either, apart from the drug and alcohol issues.

EDIT: Typo

[Edited 2007-08-07 03:12:33]

Flighty

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:37 am

I just like watching the spectacular crash-and-burn of self righteous people like little Lindsey what's her name. She always acted like she knew everything. Well, now honey, you're a cokehead and nobody will think you're so beautiful anymore. Enjoy your long downhill slide! New, younger girls will replace her. Too bad for her, enjoy the ride down.

vikkyvik

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:37 am

Cause #13 for getting a severe reprimand for my kids. I will NOT accept them taking as 'role models' any type of celebrity. 'Being yourself' means exactly that, not the imitation of someone you think its cool.

Didn't mean to suggest otherwise, if you thought I did. Good to see that you'll take a stand against that with your kids. Much respect.

But, we all know that there are plenty of young girls who look up to the likes of her. But she has to want to get better for herself, foremost. Which, apparently, she hasn't wanted to do.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

walter747

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:43 am

Quoting Jpax (Reply 5):
I love our corrupt justice system. sarcastic So true and so sad. If you or I did that, we would still be locked up and paying the price from our first offense.

checkmark 

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 10):

And has been said before and will be said again... Lindsey stands a good chance of killing a single-mother who's returning home from her 2nd-job, perhaps even moreso than herself. So often does that seem to be the way these things play out.

Yea and then she blames it on the "black" guy.  Yeah sure There are witnesses and then she says the "black" guy did it.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 10):
As for her going to rehab: she may as well have gone to a ChuckECheese's, for all the good it'll apparently do.

laughing  I think that McDonalds could help her more.

FlyDeltaJets87

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:08 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 14):
But, we all know that there are plenty of young girls who look up to the likes of her. But she has to want to get better for herself, foremost. Which, apparently, she hasn't wanted to do.

Which is exactly why they need to send her to jail. All those people who "look up to her" (why? I don't know) need to know that doing what she's doing will land you a nice stay at the local slammer. And I'm not refering to "country-club prison" either.

That's the point we need to get across. You f*** up. You pay the price. Simple as that. That's great if society wants to incorporate rehab as part of the prison system. But all too many celebrities use "rehab" (yea, I put that in quotes to symbolize that their rehab system is a complete joke) to avoid going to jail.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

walter747

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:14 am

For the movie "Herbie: Fully Loaded" Disney digitally reduced the size of her breast so they can make her more kid friendly.  rotfl 

D L X

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 am

Heh. Again.

Whatever. Whenever I think of Lindsay Lohan, I think of that hilarious flash video discussing her big-ass er... brains.

airwave

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 am

Lindsey stands a good chance of being dead within 5 years but given her recent antics I'll up that to dead within year.

Queue the Oscar's "Parade of Corpses" montage...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

MCOflyer

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:37 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 17):
For the movie "Herbie: Fully Loaded" Disney digitally reduced the size of her breast so they can make her more kid friendly. rotfl

how would you know?

Hunter

walter747

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:45 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 20):
how would you know?

It was in a magazine. Her boobs were too much for Disney.

Gatorman96

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 pm

I bet Britney goes first...she is even crazier, and the scary part is she has kids, who she gives soda to in their baby bottles
Cha brro

yowza

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:02 am

Maybe this would be the most appropriate solution:

YOWza

MD11Engineer

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 am

Could it maybe the case that she is a real alcoholic and in need of comprehensive therapy and also privacy?
Some years ago we had an actor in Germany, Harald Juhnke, who, when sober, was an extremely good actor, in movies, TV and theatre, but he was also an alcoholic and the tabloid press was just waiting for his next excess, like driving drunk, picking fights in bars or being found passed out on some sidewalk. Whenever he went out, he was shadowed by paparazzi, hoping to get a picture of him in an embarrassing situation, and unfortunately, he rarely disappointed them.

AFAIK, Lindsay Lohan has a very ambitious mother, who has been pushing her into an acting career since she was a child. Ok, unlike Paris Hilton she has a
profession (and apparently, when not drunk, she is a capable actress, though i have never watched a movie of hers).
Give her a break. Whenever you guys f*ck up, it is NOT being plastered all over national TV.
I'll bet she also has lots of false friends, who stear her into situations (parties) where she gets smashed.
Temptation ("just have a beer with me, one won't cause any damage!"), which she can not control (same as Harald Juhnke, she obviously doesn't know how to stop when she starts drinking, she might also still be in the denial stage, where she doesn't realise yet that she is addicted and has to stay totally off the stuff since she is not able to control it, and this means staying away from any temptation, like going to parties).
All the publicity doesn't really help.
If she breaks the law though, then she has to face the consequences, but if Joe Sixpack gets caught DUI, his face won't be posted all over the US. It should be a matter between her, the jury, the judge, the prosecutor and the defender.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:32 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 24):
Give her a break.

She's already had a lot of breaks. Why should she get another break? At best, she probably doesn't work any harder than Joe Sixpack trying to hold a job and raise a family. She has more money and more access to stuff than 99% of the population her age will even come close to, and you want me to "give her a break"? Puh-leeze.

I'll bet she also has lots of false friends, who stear her into situations (parties) where she gets smashed

Well, then she needs to hang out with better people and make better decisions. Simple as that.

Temptation ("just have a beer with me, one won't cause any damage!"), which she can not control

Gee, I've learned to say "no" (mostly because I'm still underage, but you'd think that stop me if I really wanted to?).

If she breaks the law though, then she has to face the consequences,

That's been a huge point of this thread Jan. All too often, celebrities are excused from the consequences because they're well, celebrities.

LTU932

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:08 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 17):
For the movie "Herbie: Fully Loaded" Disney digitally reduced the size of her breast so they can make her more kid friendly.

Damn. I didn't know she had fully developed boobs in the first place!  rotfl 

ltbewr

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:36 am

I just hope Ms. Lohan is in a long term facility, not another '30 day wonder cure' resort. By the way, the 30 day terms of institutional care are usually the limit that most people's health insurance will pay for, and can help some addicts but not many like Ms. Lohan. I am quite sure Ms. Lohan can afford from her income her need for high end, long term institutional rehab. She needs to be away from family, her staff, her so called friends, places with alcohol access or service, and not be outside at all of the institution for several months to get the start to her dealing with her addictions and probably deeper psychological problems. I do hope she makes it for her own sake to learn to live without alcohol.

kmh1956

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:42 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 27):
She needs to be away from family

Especialy her mother.

S12PPL

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:44 pm

WHO FRICKEN CARES????!!!!!!

My god, I swear she gets more popular, the more we spooge ourselves over her trips to rehab.

Here's an idea: How about we not talk about her???!!!!
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

MD11Engineer

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 25):
I'll bet she also has lots of false friends, who stear her into situations (parties) where she gets smashed

Well, then she needs to hang out with better people and make better decisions. Simple as that.

As an obvious addict her ability to make decisions is very much limited.

Temptation ("just have a beer with me, one won't cause any damage!"), which she can not control

Gee, I've learned to say "no" (mostly because I'm still underage, but you'd think that stop me if I really wanted to?).

You obviously don't know what he term "alcoholic" or "addict" means? Concerning alcohol, she has obviously no control about when to stop. She is obviously also still in the denial phase, where she thinks that she has the problrm under control, while in fact she hasn't.
With all the history of alcohol related f*ck ups, she obviously HAS a problem. Normal people would be very embarrassed after having their face shown being totally wasted on national TV and would never touch alcohol again.
IMO she is clearly an alcohol addict.
She is also living in a society where traditionally alcohol is being seen as amoral (see 18th amendment to the US constitution in the 1920s, abolishionist movement etc.), so you guys have ridiculous drinking laws, which in fact promote binge drinking and do not help very much to teach a sensible use of alcoholic drinks.

he has more money and more access to stuff than 99% of the population her age will even come close to, and you want me to "give her a break"?

I think this is the problem, pure envy. Unlike Paris Hilton, she is working for her money and earning it herself.

uoting MD11Engineer (Reply 24):

You are not in danger to be addicted to alcohol. I discovered that I'm the same way to pot and alcohol, mainly because I don't like the feeling of being drunk or stoned.
Alcoholics or other drug addicts can not do this.

I just hope Ms. Lohan is in a long term facility, not another '30 day wonder cure' resort. By the way, the 30 day terms of institutional care are usually the limit that most people's health insurance will pay for, and can help some addicts but not many like Ms. Lohan. I am quite sure Ms. Lohan can afford from her income her need for high end, long term institutional rehab. She needs to be away from family, her staff, her so called friends, places with alcohol access or service, and not be outside at all of the institution for several months to get the start to her dealing with her addictions and probably deeper psychological problems. I do hope she makes it for her own sake to learn to live without alcohol.

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 28):
She needs to be away from family

Especialy her mother.

Exactly. You guys and girls got it right. But first she will have to recognise THAT she has a problem. At the moment she still seems to deny it (a typical reaction of addicts). A rehab will only work if she is really willing to cooperate. And there WILL be lapses. But it doesn't help if the nation's tabloid press is waiting to gloat over any mistake she makes.
Joe Sixpack has it easier in this aspect.
Now, if she would get a tough sentencing by a judge concerning some alcohol related offense, it might actually help.
Usually addicts, to realise that they need to basically start a new life, need to realise that they have reached the end and landed in the gutter. Often you have to drop them to create a true wish within themselves to change their lifestyle. Only then will a true rehab work (not a lip service one). If she would spend a few months in a regular pen, it actually might help her to realise THAT she has a problem.
But expect that, when she comes out eventually, due to her status as actress, false friends and the press will try her to get drunk again, as they did with the German actor Harald Juhnke (who eventually lost his mind and died in a mental institution).

Jan

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 30):

That does not, nor should it, excuse bad decision making.

You obviously don't know what he term "alcoholic" or "addict" means? Concerning alcohol, she has obviously no control about when to stop. She is obviously also still in the denial phase, where she thinks that she has the problrm under control, while in fact she hasn't.
With all the history of alcohol related f*ck ups, she obviously HAS a problem. Normal people would be very embarrassed after having their face shown being totally wasted on national TV and would never touch alcohol again.

Well, maybe a long stay in jail will help her out. Let society forget about her. Maybe her false friends will disappear. Give her access to the rehab she needs while she's there. Then in a few years when she's released, hopefully the news will just be a little scroller on CNN.

You are not in danger to be addicted to alcohol.

You don't know that. That's another part of the reason I don't drink. I don't want to become addicted.

I think this is the problem, pure envy. Unlike Paris Hilton, she is working for her money and earning it herself.

If being pissed off that celebrities use their wealth and stature to get away with crimes with little or no penalty compared to the general public and wondering why simply having money excuses responsibility is your definition of "envy", then I guess I'm guilty.

so you guys have ridiculous drinking laws, which in fact promote binge drinking and do not help very much to teach a sensible use of alcoholic drinks.

Not an excuse.
Now I couldn't care less if she chooses to get wasted regardless of her age. Whatever she wants to do at her's or her friends house is her business. But the moment she (or anyone for that matter) gets behind the wheel of a car while under the influence, I have no sympathy for her (them) and believe these people should be prosecuted and justice served.

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:05 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 29):
Here's an idea: How about we not talk about her???!!!!

If you didn't want to talk about her, why did you post in the thread?  Yeah sure

MD11Engineer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:43 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 31):

That does not, nor should it, excuse bad decision making.

Well, maybe a long stay in jail will help her out. Let society forget about her. Maybe her false friends will disappear. Give her access to the rehab she needs while she's there. Then in a few years when she's released, hopefully the news will just be a little scroller on CNN.

You are not in danger to be addicted to alcohol.

You don't know that. That's another part of the reason I don't drink. I don't want to become addicted.

If being pissed off that celebrities use their wealth and stature to get away with crimes with little or no penalty compared to the general public and wondering why simply having money excuses responsibility is your definition of "envy", then I guess I'm guilty.

so you guys have ridiculous drinking laws, which in fact promote binge drinking and do not help very much to teach a sensible use of alcoholic drinks.

Not an excuse.
Now I couldn't care less if she chooses to get wasted regardless of her age. Whatever she wants to do at her's or her friends house is her business. But the moment she (or anyone for that matter) gets behind the wheel of a car while under the influence, I have no sympathy for her (them) and believe these people should be prosecuted and justice served.

Pretty selfrighteous you are. I'll bet you never broke any f#cking rule all your short life (since you claim you are still underage). Strong punishment cures everything.

You don't seem to understand that an addiction like alcoholism is a sickness. The person suffering from it can not make any sensible decisions, at least as long as he/she is under the influence (and this means also temptation) of the medium he/she is addicted to.

The only thing which will help is a long time rehab (though a few people are able to pull themselves out of the mess on their own), but to be effective the person needs:
a) a strong incentive (this can be that the addict really realises that he/she is at the bottom and there is no other way to go
b) a will to follow it through
c) support from true friends / family, who are helping (not coddling!) and keep temptation away.

Jan

S12PPL

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:53 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 32):
If you didn't want to talk about her, why did you post in the thread?

If people are so disgusted by her...one could ask the question: "Why would you even talk about her?"  Yeah sure

MD11Engineer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:57 am

BTW, "good friends" in this case are people, who e.g. would take her car keys away if she gets drunk and see her home before the paparazzi turn up. People who do not take advantage of her (and this BTW includes her mother).

Jan

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:03 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 34):

If people are so disgusted by her...one could ask the question: "Why would you even talk about her?"

Cause shes an idiot and the world deserves to know.

S12PPL

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:13 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 36):
Cause shes an idiot and the world deserves to know.

And the question remains... If people are so disgusted by her, why glorify it with tribute threads?

Christ, her name is on TV every 30 fricken seconds practically. If she takes a crap and forgets to wipe, we'll hear about it. There is no lack of media coverage on her life. Trust me...we'll hear about her next shopping trip, manicure, and next 4 trips to rehab all without the help of an internet message board.

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 37):
And the question remains... If people are so disgusted by her, why glorify it with tribute threads?

What are celebrating here?

S12PPL

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 38):
What are celebrating here?

Huh?

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:30 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 26):

Damn. I didn't know she had fully developed boobs in the first place! rotfl

Well, neither did I.

When is she due out? Whats going to happen next time?

Hunter

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 33):
Strong punishment cures everything.

Try *equal* punishment. That would be nice. That possession of cocaine the cops found in her pants should alone land her a few months in prison. Oh wait, that's right "It's not mine".  rotfl 

Pretty selfrighteous you are. I'll bet you never broke any f#cking rule all your short life (since you claim you are still underage). Strong punishment cures everything.

Well, I'm sorry for thinking that people who make decisions that seriously threaten the lives of other people, especially multiple times should receive a little more than a slap on the wrist and a hug from society saying "it's okay, honey."

You don't seem to understand that an addiction like alcoholism is a sickness. The person suffering from it can not make any sensible decisions, at least as long as he/she is under the influence (and this means also temptation) of the medium he/she is addicted to.

Well, since she fails to recognize her sickness, it's up to the judicial system to help her recognize it, even if that means a cold, hard dose of reality.

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 40):
When is she due out? Whats going to happen next time?

Probably wreck her car on the way home.  wink 

vikkyvik

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:10 am

FlyDeltaJets87, MD11Engineer:

You guys are both right on certain points. As MD11Engineer states, alcoholism and other addictions are extremely complicated, and the people who suffer from them do not act logically.

As FlyDeltaJets87 states, however, being an alcoholic or an addict DOES NOT excuse your bad decision making. Getting behind the wheel of a car while under the influence is a crime no matter who you are. Part of the recovery process from addiction is taking full responsibility for your actions.

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:14 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 39):
Huh?

Your saying why glorify her with a tribute thread. Whats there to make a tribute on. Hence why celebrating.

OHLHD

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Obviously it is the new trend for those " wanna be" celebrity kids who btw have not achieved a lot in their lives to get caught for DUI, having drugs in their cars and get jailed.
Same thing is with Pete Doherty ( this lousy UK drug addict) who is still not in jail.

Is the society that bored that we need those idiots in the news for entertainment.

ORFflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:04 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 42):

Very well said - welcome to my RM list.

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 42):

As FlyDeltaJets87 states, however, being an alcoholic or an addict DOES NOT excuse your bad decision making.

Agreed. We all are responsible for our own actions we make. She needs to be too.

Hunter