UAL747
Topic Author

My First Vacation Of The Year: South Padre Island

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Self-gloss warning!

Tomorrow I will be leaving to spend a week at our beach house on South Padre Island. We have had several different homes on the island since I was a kid, but our current home offers views of the Gulf and all we have to do is walk out the back door and the sea is right in front of us. I'm SOOO excited. I haven't been in a couple of years. The home is owned by my grandparents, and my grandmother is always decorating. Supposedly, the place has been entirely re-done! You know, you can't beat a cheap ($0) a night nice beach house!

Here's some pics of the island.

The Yellow Dot Shows where our house is approximately:

SPI_Welcome_Sign-South_Padre_Island.jpg>

And Finally, The Causway connecting the mainland to South Padre Island.

It's just going to be my mom, me, my sister, and her boyfriend. We've elected to drive since that would save us some money, so it's going to be along road trip, but well worth it. Especially since I get to drive my sisters new Porsche Cayenne!!! Soaking up sun and heat on the white sandy beaches of SPI.

So, I'll be out of touch, those of you who need to get a hold of me, know how to. Hope everyone elses Summers are going well!

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

KROC

RE: My First Vacation Of The Year: South Padre Island

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:03 pm

self-in·volved (sĕlf'ĭn-vŏlvd')

adj.

Absorbed primarily or only in one's own interests or activities.

selfinvolvement self'-in·volve'ment n.