ordryan28

I Feel Like I'm Being Played Like A Fool...

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:53 am

So, as the topic says, I do. I really like this girl, more so than any other of the girls I've been with. IMO, I think she's playing me. I think she wants me to continuously chase her. When I don't call her, she'll call me and flirt and whatnot. I sort of overreacted and got mad at her last night, resulting in me hanging up on her. She has pretty much ignored me all day. It's much more complex than this, but I'm beginning to think she just wants me to continue chasing her. WHAT do I do...?
I thought I was experienced with women, but then this one came around...
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

deltagator

RE: I Feel Like I'm Being Played Like A Fool...

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:57 am

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Thread starter):
I Feel Like I'm Being Played Like A Fool...

So you come here to a site of nerds and ask for help? You aren't playing anymore...you're all the way there.  Wink

Come on folks, stop posting questions about girl trouble. Never mind that so many of the folks on here are 13 year old armchair CEO virgins but those of us who aren't don't really care if you're having problems with the ladies when we have to deal with our own.

I thought I was experienced with women,

Your profile says you are 16-20 so let me be the first to tell you that you don't know jack squat about women. You might be experienced with girls but you'll never understand women...welcome to the same boat as the rest of us.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:07 am

DeltaGator, give the guy a break. You do not have to be experienced to know woman.

ORDRyan28, buy her some flowers and apologise for your actions. It never hurts to give up but when she tells you to stop, give up and find another woman. Plenty out there. Good luck.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

aa61hvy

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:11 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 2):
You do not have to be experienced to know woman

Respectfully, you're dead wrong.

How can you know about something without having any experiences?
Go big or go home

ordryan28

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:19 am

DeltaGator, give the guy a break.

Thank you, Hunter. It really is a complex situation...

basically, I want to make her want me, rather than vice versa...any suggestions would help..

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 1):
Come on folks, stop posting questions about girl trouble.

This is a non-aviation thread, I don't believe I was wrong by posting this

vinniewinnie

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:20 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 3):
How can you know about something without having any experiences?

Cause you may have a very good girlfriend who you might not be so intimate with but who can tell you a lot about how woman think!

@Ordryan28 what signs has she given you that may lead you to think that she is interested by you?

Cause many males confuse friendship with more... And many Woman cannot draw the line either...

Kieron747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:24 am

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Thread starter):
So, as the topic says, I do. I really like this girl, more so than any other of the girls I've been with. IMO, I think she's playing me. I think she wants me to continuously chase her. When I don't call her, she'll call me and flirt and whatnot. I sort of overreacted and got mad at her last night, resulting in me hanging up on her. She has pretty much ignored me all day.

OK someone had to do it.   

Wink

Kieron

[Edited 2007-08-08 23:26:14]
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

mainMAN

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:24 am

She has pretty much ignored me all day. It's much more complex than this, but I'm beginning to think she just wants me to continue chasing her.

Some women (and men) do this sort of thing habitually and they never seem to know what it is they want. Flirting like she is, is a bit of attention-seeking. Loads of people do it. When you're as old and cynical as me or DeltaGator (we have a combined age of 795), you'll also start to realise that it's impossible to understand other people, so give up on this one.

WHAT do I do...?

Forget about her, let her do all the work if she's interested. If she is, she will. Concentrate instead on the hundreds of other women you're about to meet  Wink

GQfluffy

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:25 am

DeltaGator, give the guy a break. You do not have to be experienced to know woman.

He wasn't being hard on the guy; he's just explaining the facts of life since ORD doesn't seem to know. Guess what? Even those of us who have had relationships before still know jackshat about women. Sorry Hunter, but you are wrong here.

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 4):
basically, I want to make her want me, rather than vice versa...any suggestions would help..

You can't. Either she does or she doesn't. If you want more then friendship, and have made that known to her, and she's still pulling you along, she either isn't sure about what she wants, or she doesn't want a relationship with you. Move on...

Write that down...
This isn't where I parked my car...

desertjets

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:30 am

So, as the topic says, I do. I really like this girl, more so than any other of the girls I've been with. IMO, I think she's playing me. I think she wants me to continuously chase her. When I don't call her, she'll call me and flirt and whatnot.

Honestly I say you're being played. If a girl is interested she won't want to be chased... she will want to pursue something.

So what I think it comes down to is asking her if she wants to go out, get involved, and what not. If she can't give you a straight answer then it is time to move on.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

tmatt95

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:35 am

Look deep in yourself and you will know the right thing to do. Do not rush it though.

So you come here to a site of nerds and ask for help?

One can only wonder where he goes to discuss planes......

[Edited 2007-08-08 23:36:16]

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:37 am

WHAT do I do...?

Don't pull a FLAIRPORT  Wink

Kidding

Make her jealous or just talk to her. Maybe she feels the same about you as you feel about her. Maybe she wants you t go after and want her. By the way your telling us this it sounds like you are already good friends with her. Just talk to her about how you feel and if she laughs then say F you Bitch and hang up. The ignore her and you get teh satisfaction of a job well done.

Good luck with your issue!

Cheers,
Justin
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

aa61hvy

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:39 am

Quoting VinnieWinnie (Reply 5):
Cause you may have a very good girlfriend who you might not be so intimate with but who can tell you a lot about how woman think!

Having a girlfriend is experience, no?
Go big or go home

LHMark

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:43 am

She's acting like every freakin' young woman in the world. As soon as she senses you're hooked, she gets all cold on you, right?

Sounds like missy needs to grow up. Here's what you do. Put her, not out of your mind, but on the back burner. Don't ignore her, but don't initiate contact. Make her be the one to call you. In the meantime, look around and be social with other girls. You never know who you'll meet and it builds your skills. Chances are the original girl will come skulking back.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

ordryan28

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:46 am

She has actually told me on several instances that she "doesn't know" what she wants, so most of you guys hit it right on the head. I guess I'm just going to stop trying and see what happens from here on out...

CastleIsland

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:55 am

I want to make her want me, rather than vice versa

That sounds a bit like playing games to be honest. Until you get those pre-conceived sort of notions out of your system, dealing with girls is going to be totally screwed up. Once you get past that, things'll be just messed up, but that's better than totally screwed up.  Wink
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:00 am

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 14):
She has actually told me on several instances that she "doesn't know" what she wants, so most of you guys hit it right on the head.

Shes confused and ask her what its about. Girls like a guy who will hear their problems. But be prepared to listen word for word. Hope all goes well. Let us know how it turned out.

Hunter

LHMark

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 am

Shit, I didn't even read that part before. You can't do that. She will want you as much as she wants you. Just accept that and you'll both be happier with each other.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

ordryan28

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:02 am

I usually never would play a game with a girl, but I thought this was the perfect girl for me....

oh well...

davestanKSAN

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 am

Okay, cue the cheesy music and candles, but my friend, the only perfect girl for you is one who cares about you as much as you care about her. (Sorry about that after school special moment, ha ha).

Anyway I really hope that it works out with her, or you find that girl who is perfect for you  Smile.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:09 am

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 18):
I usually never would play a game with a girl, but I thought this was the perfect girl for me....

oh well...

Don't be sad. Its happened to the bets of us. Shes probably wanting you to come to her. PM me later if you wanna talk about it.

Cheers,
Justin

deltagator

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:17 am

This is a non-aviation thread, I don't believe I was wrong by posting this

You're free to post your girl troubles all you want in NonAv and we are free to call you out on it. Seriously, asking for help in an online aviation forum, even in NonAv, is not the place to get the help you need.

Have you not read the numerous other threads about girl problems that have been posted on here before? They always degrade into making fun of the original poster and I was just trying to give you fair warning.

You do not have to be experienced to know woman.

Dude, think before you type. He said he thought he understood women and I pointed out that in the age range of 16-20 he doesn't know a damn thing about women. I'm 34 and I still don't know everything. I'm sure some of the older members such as Skidmarks (and dare I say Pep) will admit they are just as confused by women today as they were when they were younger.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Boston92

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:23 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 21):

DeltaGator, can we please wait till October to start bashing me and ORDRyan28  Wink
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

deltagator

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:29 am

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 22):
DeltaGator, can we please wait till October to start bashing me and ORDRyan28

Oh heavens no! Notre Dame fan bashing is a year round sport. I see you're not starting out the seaon in the Coach's Poll Top 25. What gives? I thought you all were the greatest team EVAH!  Wink

ordryan28

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:30 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 21):
Have you not read the numerous other threads about girl problems that have been posted on here before?

I haven't, nor do I care. I consider all of you guys my friends, and it's better to tell your friends about your problems than let them all boil up inside you until you finally punch someone, or something out. I have a tendency to punch a whole through my wall, so, before it got to that, I wanted to talk about it. And, contrary to your belief, I feel better having done so.

NYCAASpouse

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:34 am

there are a bunch of guys looking at thier red and hairy palms right now. And another bunch trying to figure out why you'd be attacted to a girl int he first place.

I agree with DeltaGator this isn't the best website for this kind of advice.
Sic Semper Tyrannus

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:36 am

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 24):
I haven't, nor do I care. I consider all of you guys my friends, and it's better to tell your friends about your problems than let them all boil up inside you until you finally punch someone, or something out. I have a tendency to punch a whole through my wall, so, before it got to that, I wanted to talk about it. And, contrary to your belief, I feel better having done so.

checkmark 

People are trying to release their female issues in your thread. Not concerned about yours.

ordryan28

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:38 am

Quoting NYCAASpouse (Reply 25):
I agree with DeltaGator this isn't the best website for this kind of advice

Maybe not, but I'll tell you the same thing I told him. It helps, at the very least...

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:43 am

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 27):

Maybe not, but I'll tell you the same thing I told him. It helps, at the very least...

Also try posting on Yahoo! Answers. It's people who aren't biased.  Wink

ANITIX87

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:49 am

Your profile says you are 16-20 so let me be the first to tell you that you don't know jack squat about women.

I'm 16-20 too (well, 20) and I have to agree. I thought I knew it all. And I was so wrong it's not even funny.

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 7):
Forget about her, let her do all the work if she's interested. If she is, she will. Concentrate instead on the hundreds of other women you're about to meet

Exactly. I had a similar situation this last year. We were friends, things got physical, I tried my damndest to get things to turn romantic and more physical, and the relationship crashed and burned because she put no effort into it. We're no longer even friends. If I'd just talked to her and realized that doing all the work was pointless, things might have turned out differently, and we might still be friends at the very least.

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 9):
So what I think it comes down to is asking her if she wants to go out, get involved, and what not. If she can't give you a straight answer then it is time to move on.

Yes. Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. Just tell her how you feel. Tell her you really like her and are willing to work however hard you need to to make the relationship work, but, and this is important, make sure you give her the option of saying no. Tell her that you know she may not feel the same way, because emotions are impossible to control, and that if she doesn't you're perfectly willing to keep things completely platonic and remain friends. If she doesn't want a relationship but she thinks you'll stop talking to her, or she thinks you'll get mean if she refuses you, she could decide to agree to date you despite her lack of feelings for you. And a relationship where only one person has the feelings required will never, ever work. If you like her this much as your friend, then it means that your personalities are compatible. And if the physical or romantic relationship doesn't come, at least you still have your friendship, which can often be even better because you can confide in each other more than two people can since there's no physical tension there. My advice would be to come right out and tell her, and if she does not have the same feelings, remain her friend. And really do remain her friend. Don't get jealous if she dates someone else, and if she comes to you for advice about someone, don't take it as a hint that she's playing you again. If she comes for advice after you've told her you like her, it's because she trusts you to give her your unbiased opinion. Don't let a refusal from her be a barrier to a great friendship. That's the crucial advice I can give you.

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 11):
Don't pull a FLAIRPORT

Kidding

No you're not, and I don't blame you. I'll emphasize that. DON'T PULL A FLAIRPORT!!!!!

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:50 am

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 29):
No you're not, and I don't blame you. I'll emphasize that. DON'T PULL A FLAIRPORT!!!!!

I didn't want him to pull a FLAIRPORT, but i didn't want to offend him.

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:07 am

I've spent some time observing girls and when a girl plays and know when she doesn't. It sounds like the girl is playing. Also, as justin said, this happens to the best of us. I'm 20 and know this for a fact. If you do get rejected keep in mind i've gotten rejected many times. Hope all goes well.

Hunter

VonRichtofen

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:19 am

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 13):
She's acting like every freakin' young woman in the world. As soon as she senses you're hooked, she gets all cold on you, right?

Yep.

To the thread starter: She may actually like you. If you don't call her but she ends up calling you and flirts that's a good sign. Whatever you do, play it cool and be a challenge. DO NOT get all pissy and emotional about it.

ORDRyan28, buy her some flowers and apologise for your actions.

Hahahaha, that is the LAST thing he should do. Doing this will guarantee that she'll lose interest immediately.

Hollywood and even many women will tell you that they like that crap, the reality is a lot different I'm afraid. Especially with younger women.

Kris

nosedive

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:37 am

DeltaGator, give the guy a break.

Delta beat me:

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 23):
Notre Dame fan bashing is a year round sport.

checkmark 

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 16):
Shes confused and ask her what its about.

That's also great way to fuck it up, as it can also come across as, "I want you to want me and I want to manipulate you into wanting me." Chances are, you already know where you stand with her, and if you don't a better way to find out, rather than posting on any website, is to see how she reacts to others around her. Do you stand out in her eyes or do you just blend into the crowd?

I consider all of you guys my friends,

Dude, no offense, but hardly anyone on here knows anyone. Sure, I've gotten to know some great guys on here, but the fact is I can't really help anyone just from their text. We're all biased towards ourselves, and we often cannot see where we fuck things up. In short, I can't see you, so I really can't help you.

Boston92

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 33):
Notre Dame fan bashing is a year round sport.

Because why? We have an NBC contract? You guys begin to get very old after a while.

"Play Like A Champion Today."
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

n710ps

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:59 am

Dude, your acting desperate. First I want to point out you age and "expertice with ladies" is impossible. I only in the realm of the same decade as you with many bedroom guests am not an expert. Master of bullshitting to get laied sure but expert no. Which brings me to my next point. Some chicks are a tough nut to crack. YOU play hard to get and flirty and such. Lead her on. It is not too hard. Show lingering intrest on occasion and make her chase your ass. Because than when you get her shes whipped not you. And than when you done with your fun for however long you stay with her change you number because she will not stop chaseing you. Based on what you say here she sounds like a quite immature person anyhow which generally means that it probably will not work out in the long run.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

deltagator

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:19 am

Off topic for sure but since you brought it up...

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 34):
Because why? We have an NBC contract?

No, because Notre Dame sucks. Who gives a rat's ass about the contract.

You guys begin to get very old after a while.

And so does your losing bowl games every year, being overrated and overhyped every year, and the general sucky play that ND has come to be over the last decade. If you're going to claim your so great then back it up on the field. It's fine to be a rabid fan and support them in the down times but if you're going to talk trash about your team being great you had better hope they back it up on the field.

"Play Like A Champion Today."

And when exactly will that day come for you guys? Your team doesn't seem to be taking their own advice.  Wink

mirrodie

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:20 am

WHAT do I do...?

Have you tried a donkey punch?

So you come here to a site of nerds and ask for help?

ROFLMAO

basically, I want to make her want me, rather than vice versa...

Well, in all Honestly, I think LHMark nailed it. Back off and take interest in other gals.

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 11):
and if she laughs then say F you Bitch and hang up. The ignore her and you get teh satisfaction of a job well done.

OMG, ROFLMAO, that was one of the most ridiculous and funny things I have read. I met my wife ten years ago and just called her in to read that.

Here's what you do. Put her, not out of your mind, but on the back burner. Don't ignore her, but don't initiate contact. Make her be the one to call you. In the meantime, look around and be social with other girls. You never know who you'll meet and it builds your skills. Chances are the original girl will come skulking back.

There is the best answer. And if she dies have an interest, that is how it might really show. It's happeend a few times to me like that. Except, I truly did lose interest in the chase (thought I do love the chase). And once I lose interest, the roles reversed. YMMV

but I thought this was the perfect girl for me....

oh well...

But how could you possibly know that? That sounds a bit desperate although I know you probably do't mean that.

I consider all of you guys my friends, and

Trust me, that does sound screwy. Wink
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

nosedive

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:46 am

Because why? We have an NBC contract? You guys begin to get very old after a while.

You know... this is why bashing ND fans is so much fun. You all take it sooooo personally  Silly

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:10 am

ORDRyan28, you ever go to clubs? Good for meeting girls. Also, if your not 18 they have teen night. Call around and ask.

Hunter

GQfluffy

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 39):
ORDRyan28, you ever go to clubs?

Dude.  eyebrow  That's the last place to go if you're looking for some girl to more or less settle down and have a relationship with. Not that this kid should be at his age anyway, but still. Most chicks who go to these clubs (especially those who are that young) are more looking for a good time (which means finding someone to boff and leave that night or the next morning). It sounds like Ryan here would be all for that, but would get a wee bit too attached to some young bunny and scare her away. You're in college, or going to be, right Ryan? If so, the playing field is full of opportunities. Don't listen to crap like that...
This isn't where I parked my car...

tz757300

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:52 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 39):
Good for meeting girls.

Good for meeting girls that require cash to operate them.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

walter747

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 37):
OMG, ROFLMAO, that was one of the most ridiculous and funny things I have read. I met my wife ten years ago and just called her in to read that.

Hehehe  Smile Im not sure if that was an insult or a compliment. So i will go with the better of the two.

MCOflyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 am

Hey, N710PS said he sounded like he was desperate. I went to clubs and couldn't stand them because of the loud music. But does it hurt to try something once?

Hunter

Boston92

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 36):
And so does your losing bowl games every year, being overrated and overhyped every year, and the general sucky play that ND has come to be over the last decade. If you're going to claim your so great then back it up on the field. It's fine to be a rabid fan and support them in the down times but if you're going to talk trash about your team being great you had better hope they back it up on the field.

Notre Dame is not overrated, they are just like Tiger Woods (a little overhyped), but don't blame first hand fans and alumni of the school for the rest of the country that like them just because.

Last year was not at all a bad year for Notre Dame. Look at teams like USC, who lose to UCLA...when did they get bashed? They didn't. Notre Dame BEATS UCLA, and they get bashed for "almost losing"...you guys are a joke.

n710ps

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:28 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 43):
Hey, N710PS said he sounded like he was desperate. I went to clubs and couldn't stand them because of the loud music. But does it hurt to try something once?

It does not hurt per se but there are some provens and some that are variables when it comes to meeting girls. Now as far as something serious coming out of meeting a girl at the club I could name a few. The clap and a chid support payment being two of them. It depends on what your going for. As for me, I get what I am going for on my days off by flying to San Juan or Punta Cana.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

ShyFlyer

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Put her, not out of your mind, but on the back burner. Don't ignore her, but don't initiate contact. Make her be the one to call you. In the meantime, look around and be social with other girls. You never know who you'll meet and it builds your skills. Chances are the original girl will come skulking back.

Best advice I've seen here yet. In fact, you could set your watch by it, as I've seen this happen many times, just as LHMARK says.
I lift things up and put them down.

TheCol

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:13 pm

So you come here to a site of nerds and ask for help? You aren't playing anymore...you're all the way there. Wink

Come on folks, stop posting questions about girl trouble. Never mind that so many of the folks on here are 13 year old armchair CEO virgins but those of us who aren't don't really care if you're having problems with the ladies when we have to deal with our own.

checkmark 
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

nosedive

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 44):
when did they get bashed?

Never. Why? Well, for starters, only ND fans will make stupid grammatical errors such as these:

who lose to UCLA

You should have used "lost."

Notre Dame BEATS UCLA

"Beat" is the past tense.

stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot  stirthepot 

vinniewinnie

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 12):
Having a girlfriend is experience, no?

It is indeed but ORDRyan28 never said he had no experience!

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 46):
Put her, not out of your mind, but on the back burner. Don't ignore her, but don't initiate contact. Make her be the one to call you. In the meantime, look around and be social with other girls. You never know who you'll meet and it builds your skills. Chances are the original girl will come skulking back.

Best advice I've seen here yet. In fact, you could set your watch by it, as I've seen this happen many times, just as LHMARK says.

I second that!

We all say that unfortunately when we have a crush on woman! Unfortunately woman's mind are far more complex thant that! They think deeper harder longer whereas we just fall full stop!

So unfair I know!

I'm glad I'm in a relationship right now! Half the mind games are at least gone  Wink