Vio
Topic Author

High-School Musical On Ice -Do You Want To See It?

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 am

Hi,

Until May this year, I haven't even heard of "High-School Musical". Then again, I'm at 26 year old guy, from Canada, who loves airplanes, not Disney movies. I doubt that I'm in the "target audience" of this movie, however, over the last few months, I've started learning a lot about this movie and more importantly the Ice Show. Why? Well, my girlfriend got one of the "principal" roles in it. Over the next 9 months she'll be part of this show that will travel all over North America & some parts of the world.

I've had the unique opportunity to attend some of their practices and I have to tell you that I'm BEYOND impressed by the talent of the skaters and quality of the show. I really can't wait to see it, not only because she's going to be in it, but also because it's a great great show.

No matter how old you are or where you come from I will recommend that you go see it. Find out if it comes to a city near you. I promise that you will not be disappointed. Check out their website.

http://disney.go.com/disneylive/highschoolmusical/

Cheers,

Vio
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

stlgph

RE: High-School Musical On Ice -Do You Want To See It?

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:49 am

If you've ever wanted to get drunk and go see something on ice or on stage and laugh hysterically the whole time, ice shows have always been the perfect opportunity.

Right behind The Nutcracker.

I'm there.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Mir

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:15 am

I would love to see it. I would also love to be hacked to death by a group of machete-wielding clowns to the music of Phillip Glass.

Not to disparage the performers in it one bit - it takes some serious skill and stamina, and they have my full respect for it. But I avoid ice shows like the plague.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Kieron747

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting Vio (Thread starter):
my girlfriend

and

I really can't wait to see it

Oxymoron anyone?  Wink

Kieron
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

lgbga

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:27 am

My daughter is into anything High School Musical and she would love to see the show. I was skeptical of an ice show but after reading your comments, we may have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

Vio
Topic Author

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:10 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):
Not to disparage the performers in it one bit - it takes some serious skill and stamina, and they have my full respect for it.

Yes it does and I've seen these people. They are from all over the world and most of them are national champions, Olympians, etc. The best of the best. Who would've thought that I'd be impressed by something such as Ice Skating. I never gave it a thought before. Anyway, I guess I just got to meet a lot of them and see first hand what they do and the dedication they have. They really are cool people.

Quoting Kieron747 (Reply 3):
Oxymoron anyone?

Yeah... yeah...  Wink But hey, it's not only because of her. If you quote the entire sentence, I did mention that it's NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF THAT....

I really can't wait to see it, not only because she's going to be in it, but also because it's a great great show.

Quoting Lgbga (Reply 4):
I was skeptical of an ice show but after reading your comments, we may have to check it out

You should. Just my two cents... You probably won't see the show my girlfriend is in, because she won't be in the USA (she's on the international tour), but... the East Coast/West Coast Tour is throughout USA. I'm sure you'll love it
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

sandrozrh

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:02 am

Is this the american version of Art on Ice? That one's quite popular over here.

atrude777

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 am

Ohhhhhh..

I love Figure Skating, did it for 10+ Years.

I also happen to love this Movie, may just have to consider attending if its near one of the major cities.

Thanks for the heads up!

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

walter747

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:45 am

Well congrats to your Girl Friend. Hope she has fun and i won't be attending the ice show. It's a little over the age of the target audience.  yes   Wink
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind