However, this whole thing is limited by a number of factors:
- Duration: About 1 week, preferrably 08-DEC thru 15-DEC (+/- 1 day)
- Climate: Should be between 15 and 25 °C (60 to 80F), but not considerably warmer or colder
- no high humidity compared with temps over 30 °C. I will take along my mum and she gets problems in tropic conditions.
- Departure needs to be from HAJ. If I can't fly out of HAJ, it's a no-no, but transfers on the same ticket are okay.
- No Cruises please !
- Interesting illuminations for X-Mas would be a nice touch, but are not required.
Overall costs are not a deciding factor if the trip gives value for money.
At present, I have shortlisted:
- Portugal: Algarve , Algarve & Lisbon, Lisbon & Funchal, Lisbon & Azores
- Spain: Western Andalucia (either via SVQ or FAO), Costa del Sol & Costa de la LUz (AGP --> XRY) (I still need to explore the area west of Tarifa).
- U.S: Las Vegas, NV & Tucson, AZ
- Dubai or Abu Dhabi
Still under consideration:
- Aswan (Assuan), Egypt - My last visit to this city was in 1990. Any idea how it is today ? Desert Climate would be okay.
Any recommendations ?