Special Cassette Recorder Wanted.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi all,
Thought someone here might be able to help.
My semi retired father works with an organiasation that produces, modifies.. sometimes invents devices to make life easier for those with disabilities.
They currently have a "client" who suffers from severe cerebral palsy, one of his few pleasures is recording music mostly from the radio.
The problem my fathers group is trying to solve is the frequency this fellow breaks the equipment. Most cassette recorders have a swing open cassette loading mechanism. This person has little control over hand movements and is therefore hard on the equipment, regularly breaking the casste door off (pretty hard on the control buttons as well).
My question is does anyone know of a portable cassette recorder(with radio) that features a slide in cassette mechanism similar to the way most car players operated.
It had been suggested to fit a car type player to a box with power supply and speakers but this would not have a recording capability.

Any assistance appreciated.

If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

RE: Special Cassette Recorder Wanted.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:35 pm

Think of linking a VCR to a radio, VHS tape is good quality for recording music, extended play will go 6+ hours, so less tape changes etc. just a thought.

Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......