Thom@s
Topic Author

Anyone Here Listen To The Music Of Thomas Newman?

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:04 am

I've heard and liked many of his composed works, without knowing who were behind the music. Now that I have found a name, I'm wondering if there are any albums with his collected works available. Anyone here familiar with something like that?

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

HOMER71

RE: Anyone Here Listen To The Music Of Thomas Newman?

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:40 am

I love Thomas Newman, though I haven't really looked for a collection of his music.

The music playing in your clip is from The Shawshank Redemption

In addition to Shawshank Redemption, I have some of his music from American Beauty, Meet Joe Black, Finding Nemo, Little Children and Cinderella Man.

He does a great job with piano and strings in his music, whether it is slow/pondering or upbeat. He has been nominated for an Oscar something like 6 or 7 times but never won.

A little trivia: His cousin Randy Newman is also a film composer who did The Natural as well as most of the Pixar movies (He won an Academy Award for Best Song from Monsters, Inc.)
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

jafa39

RE: Anyone Here Listen To The Music Of Thomas Newman?

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:02 am

I just downloaded a heap of it from the interwebs........but his sountracks are released on Sony Classical, I don't believe he has ever released an album as such and appears on many soundtrack compilations but Sony tend to retease where he has done the entire soundtrack for a movie.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....