walter747

Best Superbowl Halftime Show

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:28 am

Well since we had the Best Singing of the National Anthem (most of them at Super Bowl's) i figured we should have a best Super Bowl halftime show. Yes we all know that Janet Jackson's boob fell out of her shirt.  Wink

My vote is U2's 2002 performance in memory of the 9/11 attacks.

Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

ltbewr

RE: Best Superbowl Halftime Show

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:52 am

None. They all suck. I wish they would just have the usual time or only slightly more and spend some quality analysis time. I don't need to see some old farts or wrinkly women lip syncing along with 100's of lame dancers. Most people watching at home are off taking a dump or piss and eating.

Mir

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:58 am

Quoting Walter747 (Thread starter):
My vote is U2's 2002 performance in memory of the 9/11 attacks.

Might as well include the first part:

And yes, that is the best halftime show that I have seen. None of the lip-synching crap, and they actually got into the performance.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

UH60FtRucker

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 1):
None. They all suck.

Even the U2 performance?

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

LTU932

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:15 pm

None. They all suck. I wish they would just have the usual time or only slightly more and spend some quality analysis time.

checkmark 

Such things belong to the pre-game show, like it's done during World Cup or Olympic Games inaugurations or closings. It's totally pointless to have a half-time show, rough up the pitch in the process (which may hurt the teams when they play one way or another), just to entertain (or piss off like with the wardrobe malfunction) very few people on TV and those who care in the stadium. I stopped caring about these shows since the wardrobe malfunction, when the entire PC crowd went nuts and demanded more decency standards on TV. Hell, in Germany we have barely naked dancers performing live, or talkshows where girls flash their tits (all uncensored) on television and nobody is bitching about it.

Halftime is the time when people take a break from seating for 30 or 45 minutes, take a walk, get something to eat, go to the toilet, and/or listen to the TV people analyising the first half of the game.

Most people watching at home are off taking a dump or piss and eating.

Even if you're right, that sounds so wrong yet funny. I mean, who can go take a piss and eat at the same time?  rotfl   Wink

GQfluffy

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:45 pm

ZZ Top quite a few years ago....
This isn't where I parked my car...

Confuscius

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Beavis & Butt-head Superbowl halftime show on MTV.
Ain't I a stinker?

bagpiper

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:58 pm

How the heck did they get that stage on the field during half time... and where was it stored in the mean time!? Or were they lowered from the ceiling...

all the sound cables... electrical cables... wiring... lights...

how the hell!?

(yes, I am obsessed with sound engineering, set construction, and wiring, etc)

HPLASOps

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 7):
How the heck did they get that stage on the field during half time... and where was it stored in the mean time!? Or were they lowered from the ceiling...

The sets are broken down into pieces that are no more than 6 or 7 feet wide and 10 feet tall and quickly brought in from one of the corners of the stadium where the players enter (which usually is a straight path to an exterior gate or leads to a large staging area under the stands). The pieces are assembled in about 10 minutes usually.

To be honest with you, I would love to watch video of the halftime show sets being assembled. I would rather watch that than some fat-ass ex-player blathering on behind corporate logos about how one team is great and the other sucks ass.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

KaiGywer
Crew

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Superbowl 2001, the first one I ever saw. Still the best:

To see the entire halftime show, click on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g7uvQGmREY

The top one is the main part of the show.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

HPLASOps

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 9):
Superbowl 2001, the first one I ever saw. Still the best:

Ewww. Steven Tyler ruining one of his best songs with Nelly, the shaved one, and the Backdoor Boys. I had done a good job of forgetting about that moment - why, KaiGywer, why?????????
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

KaiGywer
Crew

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 10):

Ewww. Steven Tyler ruining one of his best songs with Nelly, the shaved one, and the Backdoor Boys. I had done a good job of forgetting about that moment - why, KaiGywer, why?????????

I think it was pretty cool seeing all those people singing their song.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

bagpiper

Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:44 am

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 8):
The sets are broken down into pieces that are no more than 6 or 7 feet wide and 10 feet tall and quickly brought in from one of the corners of the stadium where the players enter (which usually is a straight path to an exterior gate or leads to a large staging area under the stands). The pieces are assembled in about 10 minutes usually.

Thats pretty cool!

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 8):
To be honest with you, I would love to watch video of the halftime show sets being assembled. I would rather watch that than some fat-ass ex-player blathering on behind corporate logos about how one team is great and the other sucks ass.

I agree.

srbmod

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:52 am

Yes we all know that Janet Jackson's boob fell out of her shirt.

That's the worst one because of the aftermath of it. The country got its' collective panties in a bunch over a nipple. Imagine had she ripped off Justin Timberlake's pants and showed everyone his package? The whole country probably would have reverted back to the "squeaky clean" 1950s.......

I'm surprised that after Nipplegate the NFL didn't name "Up With People" as the permanent Halftime Show.....

Boston92

Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:14 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 13):

And the thing is, there really was no 'nipple' at all; just a pastease.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

StarAC17

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:44 am

I wasn't really a huge football fan then being 9 but I did remember Jacko having a really good one.

Part 1:

Part 2:

In recent times the 2004 one because of the controversy, I would post it but I'm not a youtube member.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

Duff44

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:47 am

The best Super Bowl halftime 'shows':

- Parking lot football with your buddies
- Parking lot drinking with your buddies
- A giant plate of hot wings
- Super Bowl trivia contest
- Yet more drinking
- Bitching about how bad the halftime analysts are
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!