CALTECH
Topic Author

It's Over For Obama

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:52 pm

It's over for Barack Hussein Obama. Jesse don't like the way he acts.

http://www.thestate.com/local/v-print/story/177514.html

Is the black vote gone for Obama?
UNITED We Stand

stlgph

RE: It's Over For Obama

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:20 am

This whole post pretty much shows how much you've been paying attention to this race in general.

And using "Hussein" shows even more.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

airfoilsguy

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 am

Jackson sharply criticized presidential hopeful and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for "acting like he's white" in what Jackson said has been a tepid response to six black juveniles' arrest on attempted-murder charges in Jena, La. Jackson, who also lives in Illinois, endorsed Obama in March, according to The Associated Press.

If the comment "acting like he's white" is not a raciest comment I don't know what is.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

ORFflyer

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:29 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 2):
If the comment "acting like he's white" is not a raciest comment I don't know what is.

Agreed - but that doesn't surprise me at all, as I believe he is one of the the biggest racists in the country.

gunsontheroof

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:29 am

Yeah. It's over. Jesse Jackson pulls the puppet strings on black America, so once he nay-says a candidate, they're done.

Give me a break. I don't care for Obama much myself, but he's still going to poll strongly among Democrats and in the black community.

stlgph

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 4):
I don't care for Obama much myself, but he's still going to poll strongly among Democrats and in the black community.

on top of that, Obama is almost whiter than Taye Diggs.

every Obama rally i've been to, he's usually quite easy to spot if you get my drift.

scbriml

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:46 am

Apparently, it's not possible for a person of colour to be racist.  wink 

If a white person had accused Clinton of "acting like he's black", all hell would have broken lose.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

stlgph

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:11 am

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 6):
If a white person had accused Clinton of "acting like he's black", all hell would have broken lose.

didn't Fox News Channel ... i mean that 1/2 News Hour ... i mean Fox News Channel accuse Hillary Clinton of speaking black?

Go3Team

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:21 am

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 7):
... i mean Fox News Channel accuse Hillary Clinton of speaking black?

Ugh, did you ever hear the audio? She did a very poor job at it.
Yay Pudding!

CALTECH
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 5):

every Obama rally i've been to, he's usually quite easy to spot if you get my drift.

What a racist statement.

Something wrong with being "white" ? Racism is alive and well in America.
UNITED We Stand

Queso

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:56 am

what Jackson said has been a tepid response to six black juveniles' arrest on attempted-murder charges

Superfly

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:00 am

CALTECH:
Stop being facetious and your failed attempts of looking for reverse discrimination. Are you relying on the same intelligence that claimed Saddamn Hussien had WMD?  Silly
None of us here can write off Senator Obama at this point & time. Given the amount of attention you have given to him, it seems as though you cannot wait to write off his political obituary. Can you at least wait until the primary elections? Given the amount of money pouring in to his campaign, he is still viable and the voters can surprise you.
One thing you need to take in to account is whom the criticism is coming from. Jessie Jackson failed to get the Democratic Party nomination twice and that was before he had high negatives.
In addition, you need to stop inserting his middle name every time you mention him. Even your link does not mention his middle name.
Bring back the Concorde

airfoilsguy

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:00 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 10):
what Jackson said has been a tepid response to six black juveniles' arrest on attempted-murder charges

I hate to come to Jackson's defence on this but most civil rights activists have been arrested at one time or another. It comes with the job.

Queso

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 12):
I hate to come to Jackson's defence on this but most civil rights activists have been arrested at one time or another.

Maybe the response to his arrests has been "tepid".

You don't have to come to Jackson's defense, I am not attacking him. Funny how he never (that I am aware of) comes to the defense of whites that are "falsely accused".

CALTECH
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:12 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 11):
Stop being facetious and your failed attempts of looking for reverse discrimination.

I did not say there was anything wrong with being white

That sounds pretty racist to me, and what Jesse Jackson said too. I don't think it was a failed attempt at finding reverse discrimination, I think I found it.
UNITED We Stand

Queso

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:19 am

In addition, you need to stop inserting his middle name every time you mention him. Even your link does not mention his middle name.

And what is wrong with using Barack Hussein Obama's middle name? Is there some kind of embarrassment attached to it? If he doesn't like it why doesn't he change it?

Or is it you and other Democrats that are overly-sensitive to it? Afraid it attaches some kind of negative stigma to him? Why would that be?

Now who's racist?

Superfly

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:20 am

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 14):
That sounds pretty racist to me, and what Jesse Jackson said too. I don't think it was a failed attempt at finding reverse discrimination, I think I found it.

What STLGph is saying is that most of Obama's support comes from Whites.
Bring back the Concorde

airfoilsguy

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:40 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 13):
Funny how he never (that I am aware of) comes to the defense of whites that are "falsely accused".

Don't hold your breath because that will never happen.

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:02 am

Because he's the one on stage doing the talking, right? That's what you meant....right?  sarcastic 
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

gunsontheroof

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 15):
And what is wrong with using Barack Hussein Obama's middle name? Is there some kind of embarrassment attached to it? If he doesn't like it why doesn't he change it?

Or is it you and other Democrats that are overly-sensitive to it? Afraid it attaches some kind of negative stigma to him? Why would that be?

Now who's racist?

I suppose you also routinely refer to Fred Dalton Thompson, John Reid Edwards or Rudolf William Louis Giuliani? Mitt Romney doesn't count since he goes by his middle name.

No. The Barack Hussein Obama b.s. is a deliberate attempt to play on voter's xenophobia by affiliating him with those Muslim "others" (or more specifically, Saddam Hussein) that are threatening our freedom. If his middle name is "Hussein", he MUST be an Islamist terrorist/sympathizer, just as everyone named Joseph is a murdering communist.

Clearly, it's working. You've obviously bought into it.

LH423

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:04 am

And what is wrong with using Barack Hussein Obama's middle name?

Well, until I see people routinely referring to the other candidates as Fred Dalton Thompson or George Walker Bush or Willard Mitt Romney, I don't know why you have to mention Barack Obama's middle name...unless, you're trying to be inflammatory. Because, let's face it, no terrorists or ruthless dictators have ever had the middle name "Dalton". Though there was John Walker Lindh...so I guess it's not completely out of the question.

If anything, don't insult our intelligence in acting that there's no ulterior motive than mentioning his middle name to remind people that he has Muslim background.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

ME AVN FAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:20 am

Quoting CALTECH (Thread starter):

Is the black vote gone for Obama?

two counter questions :
- do black US-Americans really care as much as Mr Jackson thinks they do ?
- wouldn't Obama lose a lot of non-black votes by engaging himself in such a matter ?

stlgph

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:25 am

congratulations, Superfly, you're the only one that obviously gets it. but of course i'm the "racist" one and yet my comment made sense, whereas point in use of the word "Hussein" was ... ?

you know, Supy, a few weeks ago you made a comment about how "if we were to meet these people in person, we'd see that they are a lot 'better' in person." you would have been more correct had you gone the exact opposite.

[Edited 2007-09-19 20:33:59]

srbmod

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:32 am

Well Obama's got Oprah to help him, and that pretty much cancels out Jesse Jackson. More people believe in what comes out of her mouth than anyone else in the country.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:33 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 1):
using "Hussein" shows even more

sorry, but what is the matter with the name Hussein ??
-

Jessie Jackson failed to get the Democratic Party nomination twice and that was before he had high negatives.

isn't the man a bit too much based in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960ies ? a man of the past in a way ?
-

stlgph

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:36 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 24):

it's complete tongue in cheek.

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 23):
Well Obama's got Oprah to help him, and that pretty much cancels out Jesse Jackson.

without a doubt, sir, without a doubt.

[Edited 2007-09-19 20:37:16]

ME AVN FAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:39 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 25):

it's complete tongue in cheek.

but why "tongue in cheek" ? I mean, it is a very frequent name, and for instance was the name of King Hussein of Jordan

davestanKSAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:43 am

What? Because the good Rev. Jackson doesn't support him? Rev. Jackson doesn't represent all black people. Let me say that again. Rev. Jackson doesn't represent all black people.

Just because he is black, people assume black voters would support Sen. Obama. Wrong. Sen. Obama has to work just as hard to get votes from all races as the other candidates. Granted there are some who will support him because he is black, but those who do that aren't in the majority.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

stlgph

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:46 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 26):

private me if you're that concerned about it.

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 27):
What? Because the good Rev. Jackson doesn't support him?

the good reverend doesn't support him because the good reverend knows he has zero influence on him.

airfoilsguy

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:49 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 26):
but why "tongue in cheek" ? I mean, it is a very frequent name, and for instance was the name of King Hussein of Jordan

Because it is not a frequent name in the U.S. American politics are all about appearances and anything that can be perceived as negative will be pounced on by the opposition.

Vio

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:50 am

Jackson sharply criticized presidential hopeful and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for "acting like he's white" in what Jackson said has been a tepid response to six black juveniles' arrest on attempted-murder charges in Jena, La. Jackson, who also lives in Illinois, endorsed Obama in March, according to The Associated Press.

checkmark  checkmark  checkmark 

I personally think that this guy (Jackson) is a huge racist... as is Oprah. I have friends from all over the world and I view everyone equally, but everything about these two sais "RACIST" on it.

Maybe United States of America should take example from Cuba (when it comes to "Racism").

twocents 
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

davestanKSAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:52 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 28):

the good reverend doesn't support him because the good reverend knows he has zero influence on him.

That too.  Wink.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

wingnut767

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:57 am

Well we do hear Hillary Rotten Clinton a lot.
Yakum purkan min shmaya

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:59 am

I think Jesse's being a little too black, frankly. Wink

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 21):
- do black US-Americans really care as much as Mr Jackson thinks they do ?

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 27):
Just because he is black, people assume black voters would support Sen. Obama.

I don't think he's polling well with blacks.

Quoting Vio (Reply 30):
as is Oprah

Oprah is racist?
E pur si muove -Galileo

deskflier

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:23 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 20):
no terrorists or ruthless dictators have ever had the middle name "Dalton".

There was of course the Dalton Brothers band of desperadoes in the Old West. Other comparisons not applicable.

Jackson sharply criticized presidential hopeful and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for "acting like he's white"

Yes, like he actually has a chance of becoming President.
How can anyone not fly, when we live at a time when we can fly?

MD11Engineer

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:17 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 20):
Because, let's face it, no terrorists or ruthless dictators have ever had the middle name "Dalton".

Though there existed an infamous Dalton gang in the 19th century Wild West (all killed after a shoot out after a failed bank robbing).

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

CALTECH
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:20 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 19):
I suppose you also routinely refer to Fred Dalton Thompson, John Reid Edwards or Rudolf William Louis Giuliani? Mitt Romney doesn't count since he goes by his middle name.

Actually, yes, I have heard a lot of people use George Walker Bushs' middle name, simply as W, or Dubya. I have heard William Jefferson Clinton used alot, too bad he did not seem to live up to that great sounding name. FDR is used alot, I think some people want to hide Barack Hussein Obamas' middle name cause something in connecting in their minds. Richard Milhouse Nixon, Lyndon Baines Johnson, John Fitzpatrick Kennedy, the list goes on. Yes I do refer to a lot of people with their full name, especially when they deserve it.
UNITED We Stand

Mir

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:28 am

Jesse Jackson disliking someone is not a bad thing for that someone.

Nothing. It is, however, the last name of Saddam, and in the US when somebody says "Hussein", that's who a lot of people think of.

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 36):
Actually, yes, I have heard a lot of people use George Walker Bushs' middle name, simply as W, or Dubya.

That's a little different since that's the easiest way to tell his name apart from his father's.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

CALTECH
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:06 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 37):
Jesse Jackson disliking someone is not a bad thing for that someone.

Quite true.

Quoting Mir (Reply 37):
Nothing. It is, however, the last name of Saddam, and in the US when somebody says "Hussein", that's who a lot of people think of.

I can't see what the fuss is all about. I would like to know as much as possible all the information about a candidate as possible. When some complain about a middle name, it makes me ask, what is wrong here? Don't say it, don't let it out, some people may connect it with a evil person. If this was about William Jefferson Clinton, would the same complainers think of Thomas Jefferson? A slave owner, so Clinton is connected to that somehow. I have no problem with Obamas' middle name, but really I just can not get over those ears.

Quoting Mir (Reply 37):
That's a little different since that's the easiest way to tell his name apart from his father's.

It was sort of claimed that I would not use anyone elses' middle name, and I just gave examples of many middle names used by people when talking of the presidents over the years. I don't think that was the reason, Bush 41 and Bush 43 was used alot also. W was W.
UNITED We Stand

AsstChiefMark

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:14 pm

The kind of Americans who think "fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd" emails are "hard news" will simply assume that Obama is a Saddamist when they see the name Hussein.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

D L X

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 38):
It was sort of claimed that I would not use anyone elses' middle name, and I just gave examples of many middle names used by people when talking of the presidents over the years. I don't think that was the reason, Bush 41 and Bush 43 was used alot also. W was W.

redflag 

Please. You are very thinly veiled in your adamant attempts to link Obama to Hussein and Islam. Your "alibis" are not the slightest bit believable.

CALTECH
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 40):
Please. You are very thinly veiled in your adamant attempts to link Obama to Hussein and Islam. Your "alibis" are not the slightest bit believable.

I didn't link him to the name Hussein, his parents did. Others here, immediately linked him to saddam, I never did. And his father was muslim, he attended a islamic school in Indonesia, he has links to Islam, what is wrong with that? Show me where I linked him to the name saddam, didn't happen, but if certain posters keep bringing it up and linking him that way, I can't help that.
Barack Hussein Obama will have to do more to get my vote. So will the rest of them. Fred Dalton Thompson too, kinda like his presence, but he never served in the military and that is big for me and my vote.
UNITED We Stand

AsstChiefMark

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 41):
I didn't link him to the name Hussein, his parents did. Others here, immediately linked him to saddam, I never did. And his father was muslim, he attended a islamic school in Indonesia, he has links to Islam, what is wrong with that? Show me where I linked him to the name saddam, didn't happen, but if certain posters keep bringing it up and linking him that way, I can't help that.

Man, you sure sound like a sleazy used car salesman I used to know. We used to call him Weasel.

[Edited 2007-09-20 09:01:25]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 36):
Richard Milhouse Nixon, Lyndon Baines Johnson, John Fitzpatrick Kennedy, the list goes on. Yes I do refer to a lot of people with their full name, especially when they deserve it.

I'm sure most would agree that John FITZGERALD Kennedy deserves it....  Smile
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

ME AVN FAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 37):
the last name of Saddam

it was the one of two FIRST names as his "last name" or "family name" was/is al-Takriti. But this is a minor detail. The main point is that it is a name of millions of people with the man most famous under that name is the late KING HUSSEIN , a most admirable person indeed.
-

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 39):
The kind of Americans who think "fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd" emails are "hard news" will simply assume that Obama is a Saddamist when they see the name Hussein.

Such people will not vote for him anyway
-

link him to the name Hussein

-
"link" him ??? that sounds strange and sinister. They gave him that name, possibly the name of one of his relatives, as second first name. He just got a most strange actual first name with Barack, reminding of barracks of either military forces or construction workers. To me, he therefore is Hussein Obama .
-

D L X

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Others here, immediately linked him to saddam, I never did.

redflag 

BS. You are trying to make sure that everyone knows he has the same name. You are trying your best to paint him as Islamic. If you weren't, you wouldn't use his middle name. You use it more than HE does! Which says something.

Dude, give it up. We all know what your intent is when you pull shit like this. And guess what: I'm going to ignore it, and I'm suggesting the same of others.

CALTECH
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:39 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 44):
The main point is that it is a name of millions of people with the man most famous under that name is the late KING HUSSEIN , a most admirable person indeed.

King Hussein, a good man. Does the name mean handsome/beautiful in arabic?

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 44):
"link" him ??? that sounds strange and sinister. They gave him that name, possibly the name of one of his relatives, as second first name. He just got a most strange actual first name with Barack, reminding of barracks of either military forces or construction workers. To me, he therefore is Hussein Obama .

Sorry, did not mean to do that, of making it sound strange and sinister. Other people claimed I linked him to the name saddam, or hussein, just trying to use their own written words, which 'link' was used, and show that he was given his name by his family, not by me 'linking' him to this name. I did not use the word 'link' at first, only in rebuttal. Thanks for saying 'they' gave him that name. Barack sounds pretty good for a name, but yes kinda odd.
So, let me ask you ME AVN FAN, do muslims consider Barack Hussein Obama muslim? Would his presidency bring some peace in the Middle East because muslims perceive him as muslim if that is correct?
UNITED We Stand

ME AVN FAN

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:16 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 46):
do muslims consider Barack Hussein Obama muslim? Would his presidency bring some peace in the Middle East because muslims perceive him as muslim if that is correct?

-
to the first question, my impression is that he is not seen as a Muslim, but simply as a US-American
To the second question, everything would/will depend on him and hias actions
-

Does the name mean handsome/beautiful in arabic?

yes, and al-Husni is "the beauty"

Superfly

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:13 pm

Sorry, did not mean to do that, of making it sound strange and sinister.

redflag 
Save it!
None of as was born yesterday and we all know exactly what you are trying to convey when you repeatedly emphasize Senator Obama's middle name.

By the way, it's not over for Obama at this point. Also, the popular first term Senator is rather young and has many years ahead of him in politics. Should Senator Clinton win the nomination and lose the general election, Senator Obama has a good chance in 2012 when the 44th. President takes the fall for the mess in Iraq.
Bring back the Concorde

deltadc9

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 1):
And using "Hussein" shows even more.

It is his name.

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 6):

I thought he was the first black president? He didn't give himself that moniker...pardon the pun......

Quoting Superfly (Reply 16):
What STLGph is saying is that most of Obama's support comes from Whites.

I think the Clinton name will carry the black vote out of loyalty. Just my 2 cents.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny