cerretaman

Computer Help Please: Sound Card Issues

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:34 pm

I believe I am having issues with the sound card on my computer. I'll be listening to music, playing a game, etc. and the sound will cut out for maybe a 1/4 second many times a ones minute. I know it is not the speakers because I have put headphones and this still occurs. I am pretty sure I have the latest driver installed. I have a Realtek AC97 sound card.

Please help!!!!!

Thanks
u mad cause i'm stylin' on you?

zak

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:04 pm

the realtec is a software based solution, i.e. there could be about a gadzillion reasons and solutions for your problem. best bet are the support forums of the manufacturer after doing the normal troubleshooting procedures on a computer, to which google might possibly give you a gadzillion answers as to what and how they are to be done.
to anticipate a klaus posting:
if you CBA to google if you have problems with your installation, buy apple.
10=2

bablackpilot

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:23 pm

Zak is right it could be many things from that driver you updated to even your processor.
Check to see if while you are playing the music or video game if your harddrive light is on constantly. You could have many TSR (terminate stay resident) programs running and the processor is trying run all of that at the same time running your intended program.
If you are running a windows based machine, go to the run option and run the msconfig command. Go to the startup tab and uncheck just about everything in there. That will disable your TSRs that are normally launched at startup.
Reboot the machine and see if you still have the same sound issue.
9 times out of 10 that's where the problem lies.
My arrogance is only an issue between you and your self-esteem!"

strasserb

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:34 pm

Quoting Zak (Reply 1):
joined exactly 4 years ago today!

Happy Birthday!
Still, even in the most arid desert is an airport somewhere ...