skyservice_330

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:16 pm

I'm just sitting here finishing up a bit of school work before my extended family arrives for a nice turkey dinner. How are my fellow Canucks celebrating this weekend? However you choose to celebrate, I hope you and your loved ones have a good time and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers!

dl021

RE: Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!

I'm thankful that our greatest trading partner and closest neighbor is a tremendous ally and friend to our nation and citizens.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

YYZflyer

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 pm

I had Thanksgiving with my family on Friday. This weekend I was going to go spotting at YYZ, but yesterday it rained and now it's cloudy, so I didn't go. I will be going on October 14th now matter the weather. Aviation show and the photography show on the same day.  cheerful  As for tomorrow, I am working. I have no problem with that because I'm getting time and a half. Big grin

Happy Thanksgiving  champagne   yummy 
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

ronglimeng

Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:44 am

Thanks SKYSERVICE_330 and DL021! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Normally we'd go back to Parry Sound for the family dinner but this year my wife is working on the holiday. She's going to bring me home her free turkey dinner from work.

Apparently only 42% of Canadian households have bought turkey or turkey products in the past year.

This is going to be one of my warmest Thanksgiving weekends ever. I can remember one time it snowed on Thanksgiving Day but this year temperatures have been over 30 deg C.

I've noticed that the November Thanksgiving in the USA is a much bigger deal than our holiday. Its dead down there on Thanksgiving Day- almost like Christmas Day. Even McDonalds is closed.

don81603

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:23 am

I had to work today, so I'll be doing the turkey and fixings tomorrow. Since I live alone, I always invite a less fortunate friend or co-worker and his family over for a good dinner.

I love to cook the meal, but there's just WAY too much for me.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

CanadianNorth

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:33 am

Happy thanksgiving everyone, been a beautiful one in Whitehorse this year. We had our bird today (Monday) as it's my day off work. Also had our first good snow of the year last night too!

CanadianNorth  wave 
What could possibly go wrong?

WestJetYQQ

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:53 am

All I have to say is......

HAHA! We Get Our Pumpkin Pie before the Americans!!!!!!!!!
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

ScarletHarlot

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:54 am

Quoting Ronglimeng (Reply 3):
I've noticed that the November Thanksgiving in the USA is a much bigger deal than our holiday. Its dead down there on Thanksgiving Day- almost like Christmas Day. Even McDonalds is closed.

The first year we moved to the States, I nearly died when I saw that my local grocery store was closed on Thanksgiving and open on Christmas Day. I wondered what kind of f'ed up place we had moved to!! Thanksgiving is a HUGE deal down here.
But that was when I ruled the world