Alias1024
Topic Author

Democrats Revolt In Michigan Primary

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:04 pm

Barack Obama, John Edwards, Bill Richardson, and Joe Biden have all asked to have their names taken off the ballot for the Michigan primary. This is in response to Michigan moving their primary before Feb. 5, which is in violation of DNC rules. Hillary Clinton and Chris Dodd will stay on the ballot, but has pledged not to campaign in the state.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ms-withdraw-from-michigan-primary/

Do you think it was a good idea for them to withdraw from the Michigan primary or not?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

fr8mech

RE: Democrats Revolt In Michigan Primary

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:20 pm

I think the Democrat party is ready to implode. The States won't toe the line. The DNC appears powerless to do anything about it. The candidates are split on what they are supposed to do or should do. All because some states want 1st shot at the nominees. Sounds like it may be time to explore a national primary.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

CastleIsland

RE: Democrats Revolt In Michigan Primary

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Feds vs. the States has been going on for a while...in this case I think it's great that some of the candidates have taken a stand, possibly at the risk of not winning the party nomination. I think it sucks that they all aren't in this together, however, but I'm not really surprised to see division in politics of any kind.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan