vald

Is Steve Fossett Still Missing.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Is there any news at all!
a really great man,

ANCFlyer

RE: Is Steve Fossett Still Missing.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:14 pm

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

ZBBYLW

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Yes he is ... I am surprised not to many people are still talking about it.... Either way I hope that we can find closure soon whether we find him alive or if we find the aircraft wreck with him still in it. It would be best for his family I am sure.
Keep the shinny side up!

LAXspotter

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 2):
Yes he is ... I am surprised not to many people are still talking about it.... Either way I hope that we can find closure soon whether we find him alive or if we find the aircraft wreck with him still in it. It would be best for his family I am sure.

we can only blame the media, instead theyre focusing on how Britney Spears lost her kids in Court, pisses me off. Fossett has contributed far more, is a respectable person and frankly deserves more attention that an attention whore which the media tends to cover more, then again we can only blame the celebrity crazed people who demand such news.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

zak

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 3):
Fossett has contributed far more, is a respectable person and frankly deserves more attention that an attention whore which the media tends to cover more, then again we can only blame the celebrity crazed people who demand such news.

given whats all "in the news" these days, both fossett and spears should be about the last thing getting headlines.
10=2

PC12Fan

Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:59 pm

I hate to be the pessimist, but I'm afraid we'll never see him alive again.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

scbriml

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:03 pm

I suspect he was found by the local wildlife not long after he went missing.

tombstone 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

falstaff

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:27 pm

I wonder if they never find any trace of him will there be future TV specials, books, etc about the disappearance much like the Amelia Earhart and D.B. Cooper mysteries all these years later.

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 6):
I suspect he was found by the local wildlife not long after he went missing.

I would think that may be the case, but they should have found some airplane parts.

Airplane parts can be hard to find in remote areas. Back in the 1950s there was a US Airforce pilot who ejected over the mountains, in the winter (Colorado, I think) He was missing for months and was living in a ranger station. When he came out of the hills in the spring no one official believed his story and we was drummed out of the Air Force. Some believed it was a cover set up so the plane could be sold to the Soviets. The pilot died in a traffic helicopter crash in 1977. A decade or so after his death some Boy Scouts found his aircraft's wreckage.

I remember reading about that a long time ago and I don't recall all details. Has anyone else heard this story?
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503