mbj-11

Hillary Clinton/Ted Kennedy Joke

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 am

I heard the following joke strangely on a programme hosted by of all persons a Democrat.

"The priest who was spiritual advisor to the DNC was on his death bed and about to pass away.He made a request of his brethren to go fetch Sen. Clinton and Kennedy so he could see them before he died. His brethren complied and sent the request for both to attend the bedside of the near death priest. Both senators could not understand why of all the members of the house, he wanted to see them both. Sen. Clinton said "lets go as it will be a good PR for my bid to become president", Kennedy said "it would make me appear humble to the American people."
So off they went to see the stricken priest, they entered the room with solemn looks on their faces. The priest motioned them to come to his bedside. They went to either side of the bed and each held his hand. "Father, said Kennedy, "we are humbled at your request to see us before you die", but tell me, why us? Why no one else? The priest now weak replied, "I have always patterned my life off Jesus Christ, and just like him I would like to die between two thieves".  biggrin 

If the Dems are saying that? What would the Republicans say?
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

LAXspotter

RE: Hillary Clinton/Ted Kennedy Joke

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:00 am

gave me a good laugh, haha.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

SaturnVRocket

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:39 am

Good joke.

On a seperate note, you have to be able to laugh and joke about your own party, race, religion, sex, etc. Otherwise you are just a lame-ass fuddyduddy. I am an Irish immigrant and I love the Irish jokes. Same kinda thing I guess.

LAXspotter

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:47 am

Quoting SaturnVRocket (Reply 2):
I am an Irish immigrant and I love the Irish jokes. Same kinda thing I guess

yeah, I've heard this quote somewhere, but goes like this "you gotta learn to laugh at yourself"
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson