Here are some pics I took today at the Colts/Panthers game at Bank of America stadium in CLT. I made the trip to see Peyton Manning play again. It was my 8th time seeing him in charge as QB (twice in high chool, four times in college, and now two in the NFL).
A few comments:
1) It's a really nice place to see a football game. I was in the nose bleed section but the view was still good. The stadium has excellent sight lines, plenty of amenities, and a good location.
2) There was a healthy dose of Colts fans at the game. In my section there were just as many Manning jerseys as they were Panthers jerseys.
3) At the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter, with the score of the game 24-7 Colts, a good chunk of the Panthers fans headed for the exists. By the 5 minute mark, the stadium was less than half full.
4) The Panthers fans who I met were very nice and I had a good conversation with one of them.
5) Great CLT skyline views from the 500 level!
Overall it was a great way to spend an afternoon, and the Colts came through with a big 31-7 win. Next up: The Patriots @ the RCA Dome next week.
and finally...the master, #18, in command...