BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

"Dog" - Caught Using The N-Word

Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:25 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/01/dog.chapman.ap/index.html

"Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman has apologized for repeatedly using a racial slur in a profanity-laced tirade during a private phone conversation with his son that was recorded and posted online."

*rant*
OK.. why is this news? If he had used the N-word during an interview or while the show was being taped, then i can understand why this would be news. But it was during a private conversation! I'm not defending his choice of words, I'm just incensed that the National Enquirer is taping private conversations and putting them online for the world. Granted, he's a celeb; but that doesn't negate his right to privacy. What he says in a private conversation is only between him and his son; full stop.
*end rant*

So what say you? Are celebs fair game at any time, or do they deserve to live private lives like the rest of us? Does his use of a racial slur change your opinion of him?

Edit: I don't even really like the guy or his TV show. I think his wife is disgusting and I find their "in your face" Christianity offensive. But it just irks me how people's private lives are open to scrutiny and in the public domain.  twocents 

[Edited 2007-11-01 09:29:04]
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

UnknownUser

RE: "Dog" - Caught Using The N-Word

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Nope, I still think he is a great guy for what he does.

The National Enquirer can f*ck off. He is the one who should be pissed off at the Enquirer.

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Thread starter):
But it just irks me how people's private lives are open to scrutiny and in the public domain.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt this way.
Die Skybus!!! You need to die for the good of the industry!

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:28 pm

I don't like that the National Enquirer is taping private conversations, but I'm not going to excuse what the guy said. Fact is, that he was saying it in private to his family means he honestly believes it. He wasn't saying it to impress anyone, he was saying it because he didn't think there was anyone around to stop him from saying how he felt.

Now that I know how he feels, I won't watch his show. Yes, I am not watching his show because I don't like his views, and I don't like his racism.

Now, as for the National Enquirer, if he loses his show, I think he should sue them.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't buy his after-the-fact apology one bit.

[Edited 2007-11-01 10:30:14]

miamiair

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:28 pm

At least in Florida it is unlawful to record telephone calls, maybe the same applies elswhere in the US.

Whatever he said on the phone is nobody's business but his own.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 3):

What if he had said on the phone to his kid, "remember that missing guy from a year ago? I killed him."

Should he not be tried for the murder, just because a tape surfaced that showed he did it? (Think about that Las Vegas child rape case that just happened last month.)

miamiair

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:43 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 4):
Should he not be tried for the murder, just because a tape surfaced that showed he did it? (Think about that Las Vegas child rape case that just happened last month.)

Unless you had a warrant to record the calls, they are inadmissable, no matter what he said.

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 5):
Unless you had a warrant to record the calls, they are inadmissable, no matter what he said.

Not true!

If the police record your calls without a warrant, they are inadmissible. If a private entity records your calls, they may be admitted! The fourth amendment only covers governmental action. That's why Linda Tripp's telephone conversations with Monica Lewinsky were admitted in Bill Clinton's trial. (But afterwards, Tripp got NAILED by Maryland for breaking the wiretap laws.)
 yes 

EMBQA

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:57 pm

I heard the tape just now. To me its sounds like a father giving his son advice.. period. Now remember, this father comes from a rough life, has been a Sgt of Arms in a motorcycle gang, is an x-Con.... he's no Saint. How do you expect him to talk in a private conversation...?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

HALFA

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 pm

This has been one of the lead stories in the local news here in Honolulu. I was actually very surprised to hear this coming out of his mouth as I have known him for years and in all of my dealings with him, I have always found him to be a very polite, well mannered person. He flies with HA almost exclusively. His wife however is the polar opposite. I could tell you all some incredible stories, but I probably shouldn't, she's an HA frequent flyer too!  Smile

More on Dog's dilemma from todays Honolulu Newspaper:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...71101/NEWS01/711010370/1001/NEWS01

Aloha,
HALFA
HA J Class Lie flats, coming soon to a plane near you........

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:58 pm

D L X - I understand why you feel the way you do. And I don't blame you for not watching the show now. But you have to admit, the Enquirer crossed the line. Decent human dignity is something of the past. Why can't we respect each other enough to let people be what they are; people. Not everyone is perfect all the time. And what I say in my home or during a phone call is MY business and I expect it to stay that way. This bullshit paparazzi tactic of invading and exposing personal lives to make a buck disgusts me.

Hey tabloids - f*ck you! Get a real job that benefits society rather then pandering to the lowest form of voyeuristic human tendencies.

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 9):
But you have to admit, the Enquirer crossed the line.

In fact, I *did* state that! It was the first thing I said.  Wink (Reply 2.)

Not everyone is perfect all the time.

I don't see Dog Chapman being a racist as being a simple imperfection. Especially considering his line of work.

Come on -- do we really want racist bounty hunters? Let alone should we celebrate them?!

srbmod

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:04 pm

I'm just incensed that the National Enquirer is taping private conversations and putting them online for the world.

Quoting UnknownUser (Reply 1):
The National Enquirer can f*ck off. He is the one who should be pissed off at the Enquirer.

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):
I don't like that the National Enquirer is taping private conversations, but I'm not going to excuse what the guy said.

Uh folks, the Enquirer didn't tape this call. They mere "obtained" it from a source, which could be just about anyone.

Mike Walker of the National Enquirer, during his weekly "The Gossip Game" segment on "The Howard Stern Show", said that the tabloid got the tape from the son.

I have to think that this situation has been an ongoing one between Dog and his son, so the son started taping the calls just in case he had something he could pretty much use against his dad in the Court of Public Opinion.

Honestly, I was more surprised by Michael Richards' use of the n-word than I am by Dog The Bounty Hunter's use of it.

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 10):
Not everyone is perfect all the time.

I don't see Dog Chapman being a racist as being a simple imperfection. Especially considering his line of work

I'm not excusing that. All I'm saying is that for all we know it could be a one-time lapse in judgment. I sincerely doubt that it is; it's probably indicative of something more.

Either way though; I think incidents like this are best left to the people directly involved. Sh*t like this has no place in the media.

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:10 pm

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 11):
I have to think that this situation has been an ongoing one between Dog and his son, so the son started taping the calls just in case he had something he could pretty much use against his dad in the Court of Public Opinion.

Well that changes things a little bit. Now my frustration is placed evenly with the Enquirer and with Dog's son. The son has no business taking private matters public and the Enquirer has no business broadcasting it to the world.

[Edited 2007-11-01 12:11:02]

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:11 pm

Uh folks, the Enquirer didn't tape this call.

They still shouldn't have posted it, in my opinion. Public disclosure of private facts.

Honestly, I was more surprised by Michael Richards' use of the n-word than I am by Dog The Bounty Hunter's use of it.

Yeah, no one would have suspected Richards was a raving lunatic racist before his episode. But that in no way excuses Dog, does it?

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 pm

Even the title of this thread shows the problems we face today. Caught? Caught using the "N-word?" He can say whatever he pleases and should not be "caught" saying it.

Although I can honestly say I have never heard of the guy before, never watched his shows, I can say that it's too bad his career is likely ruined over what he believed to be a private conversation between himself and his son.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 16):
Uh folks, the Enquirer didn't tape this call.

They still shouldn't have posted it, in my opinion. Public disclosure of private facts.

I'm glad we both agree on that point.

Quoting D L X (Reply 16):

Yeah, no one would have suspected Richards was a raving lunatic racist before his episode. But that in no way excuses Dog, does it?

Absolutely not. I never said it did. But honestly, since this was a private exchange; I don't think it has any business being a topic of discussion as to whether he should even be "excused". It's a private matter that should have stayed private, and not open to discussion/condemnation from the rest of the world. But now that it's in the public arena; he absolutely should face the same heat as anyone else.

My point is that there is a big difference between shouting "N*gger, it's a n*gger!" in a crowded comedy club; then between two people in a private phone conversation.

[Edited 2007-11-01 12:16:45]

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:17 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 17):
Even the title of this thread shows the problems we face today. Caught? Caught using the "N-word?" He can say whatever he pleases and should not be "caught" saying it.

You're preaching to the choir amigo. I agree with you 100%. I merely tried to paraphase the title of the CNN article as descriptively and concisely as possible.

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 19):
merely tried to paraphase the title of the CNN article as descriptively and concisely as possible.

Oh I know, nothing against you. For loss of words, it just sucks we have to phrase things this way.

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 20):
Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 19):
merely tried to paraphase the title of the CNN article as descriptively and concisely as possible.

Oh I know, nothing against you. For loss of words, it just sucks we have to phrase things this way.

Yeah, I hear ya. My libertarian leanings really wish for a day when citizens of this country will starting taking responsibility for themselves and their own well-being, and stop compensating for their own shortcomings by prying into the lives of others. "If I don't feel good about myself, at least it will make me feel better to see that others f*ck up too."

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 pm

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 13):
All I'm saying is that for all we know it could be a one-time lapse in judgment.

As in, he woke up and said "I'm going to be a racist today", got taped being a racist, then his judgment kicked in again, and he was no longer racist? I don't buy that.

Again, it's not his use of the word that bothers me nearly so much as the thoughts he expressed.
"I'm not taking a chance...not because she's black but because we use the word n---er sometimes here. I'm not going to take any chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for 30 years because some drunken n---er heard us say n---er and turned us into the Enquirer magazine...I'm not taking that chance at all never in life. Never..."

It would be just as damning if he said "black person."
"I'm not going to take any chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for 30 years because some drunken black person heard us talking about black people and turned us into the Enquirer magazine."

Tim Storey thinks he's not a racist. He's going to have to do a much better job apologizing to convince me.

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 17):
Caught using the "N-word?" He can say whatever he pleases and should not be "caught" saying it.

No one is saying he can't say it. But you will be held accountable for the things you say and do. Freedom of speech does not equal immunity from retribution.

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 18):
My point is that there is a big difference between shouting "N*gger, it's a n*gger!" in a crowded comedy club; then between two people in a private phone conversation.

Not in result -- both actions disqualify you from mainstream entertainment.

It's not punishing the word he used -- it's punishing the racist beliefs he holds.

jafa39

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:32 pm

I think Dog the Bounty Hunter is the biggest fake on TV....a total set-up, hate the show and stopped watching it after a few tries BUT that does not excuse their taping of phone calls and even though he is minor celeb, I think such people should be allowed to live normal lives.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:34 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 22):
But you will be held accountable for the things you say and do.

What's there to be held accountable for? Is it because he said a word in private which some looney is offended by?

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:35 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 22):
I think Dog the Bounty Hunter is the biggest fake on TV....a total set-up, hate the show and stopped watching it after a few tries

Again, I'm with you on that one. It's a pretty piss poor show. The worst part of it is his wife's tits.. I mean, GEEEZUS!  yuck 

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:43 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 23):
What's there to be held accountable for?

His beliefs... that's why A&E is pulling his show. That's accountability. If you do something out of line with societal expectations, you pay the consequences. You have the right to say it, but you'll pay for it.

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 23):
Is it because he said a word in private which some looney is offended by?

Wait... are you saying you're not offended by what he said?

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:49 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 24):
If you do something out of line with societal expectations, you pay the consequences.

Society shouldn't give two shits what he and his son discuss in private.

No, I'm not. I might if it was in public, but his conversation was not directed towards you, me, or anyone else other than his son. Therefore it is not our business and not for us to be offended at.

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:55 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 25):
Society shouldn't give two shits what he and his son discuss in private.

I doubt you believe that. What you say in private is a reflection of how you actually think, and a reflection of what you would do when you think won't get caught.

Do you think Society didn't care about what Saddam said to Uday in private?

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 25):

No, I'm not.

Well, I think we've found the root of the problem then!

NIKV69

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:58 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 3):

True but he did exhibit some strange behavior. One of the time's he used the term nigger it sounded like it had some hate behind it.

I mean I may be nuts but If my son is dating a black girl I don't even engage in this conversation and just make sure that if I use that term in my work enviorment that I don't do it when she is around. Simple.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 21):
I think Dog the Bounty Hunter is the biggest fake on TV....a total set-up, hate the show and stopped watching it after a few tries BUT that does not excuse their taping of phone calls and even though he is minor celeb, I think such people should be allowed to live normal lives.

Well your half right, what he does is not fake but it is embellished a bit. It's called RATINGS. I mean do you think Chris Hansen sets up guys with a sting and nine cameras in their faces because he wants to see them off the street? It's the nature of the beast. More people watch, more the companies pay to have commercial space. It's that simple.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 26):
I doubt you believe that.

Then why did I say it?  Yeah sure

What you say in private

Should stay in private. And surely not be used by others so they can pass weak judgements. Look, between father and son, calling people niggers is their business, not ours. His son is the only one who can rightfully pass judgement on what his father said. The fact that this simple and harmless conversation was not directed towards any outside public figure simply means this is not worthy of discussion. However, to no surprise, the media will have us believe otherwise.

Saddam said to Uday

Compare Saddam to Dog? Apples and Oranges.

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 28):
What you say in private

Should stay in private.

Don't half quote me.

ook, between father and son, calling people niggers is their business, not ours.

Absolutely incorrect. You know, racist people tend to hide the fact that they're racists when they're in public, and for good reason -- society doesn't like racists. SO, if there's information out there that lets us know who the racists are, it becomes our business when it shows up. Instead of saying "society shouldn't care when I do something racist in private", you should say "you shouldn't be a racist, even in private."

However, to no surprise, the media will have us believe otherwise.

I'm not the media.

Compare Saddam to Dog? Apples and Oranges.

No, apples and apples. To be more specific, Apples and Grannysmiths... which are a type of apple. You said something overly broad (society shouldn't care about private conversation), and I'm showing you a type of private conversation that society clearly should care about.

miamiair

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:32 pm

I could care less what he said.

Quoting D L X (Reply 29):

Thankfully your litmus test is not society's standard.

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Don't half quote me.

The rest wasn't worth quoting/debating. It's really that simple.

it becomes our business when it shows up.

No, it does not. He is entitled to his beliefs. He was privately discussing this matter with his son, which is where it was to remain. I'm sure you discuss many things in private in which you intend for them to remain. Thats why it's private. It's not our business to scrutinize every aspect of his life. Now if he were publicly discussing this, it would be completely different. However it wasn't, therefore his privacy was violated.

you should say "you shouldn't be a racist, even in private."

Absolutely not! It is not my business, or yours, to dictate to someone to not be a racist. Although racism is an unfortunate thing, it is just not within our right to talk down to them in such a manner. They are well within their rights to believe whatever they please.

I'm not the media.

You didn't break the story either did you.

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 30):
Thankfully your litmus test is not society's standard.

That's a nice buzzword, but what exactly do you mean by it? I haven't given a "litmus test."

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 31):
He is entitled to his beliefs.

Never said he wasn't.

But what you fail to understand is that if you believe something, I am entitled to judge you on your beliefs. To say otherwise is the epitome of hypocrisy. "I'm entitled to my beliefs, but you're not entitled to your belief that my beliefs are bad."

However it wasn't, therefore his privacy was violated.

Again, I never said his privacy wasn't violated. I agree with you that it was. But that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't judge him. And don't tell me you've never judged someone when something they held private became public. (For instance, did you judge Bill Clinton when it came out that he had a little action with his intern? Or how about this child rapist in Nevada, when his video became public? Did you not judge him?)

Although racism is an unfortunate thing, it is just not within our right to talk down to them in such a manner.

It absolutely is! I agree with you that it wouldn't be right for me to go snooping through your private affairs to find out information about you, but if I find out that you're a racist, no matter how I found out, I'm going to talk down at you for being racist. You see the disconnect? I can criticize Johnny for being a racist at the same time as criticizing Sally for digging through Johnny's personal life to find out if Johnny is racist. They're both wrong.

You don't get forgiven of your immoralities simply because someone was immoral in discovering it.

They are well within their rights to believe whatever they please.

Yeah sure

But I'm not? Do you see why that statement is hypocritical?

I'm not the media.

You didn't break the story either did you.

You missed the point. The point is that you can rail on the media (as do I, as I have on this thread), but it's not just the media that is saying this is worthy of discussion.

The rest wasn't worth quoting/debating. It's really that simple.

Ad hominems won't get you far in this world.

jafa39

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 32):

I think there are some ODD hominems on this site  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

ConcordeBoy

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:39 pm

OK.. why is this news?

Agreed. Why does the media go buckwild over that particular word. It doesn't make (inter)national news every time someone of any fame/prominence states the words kyke, chink, spic, and even (to a lesser extent) fag. Why does that word get some manner of special prominence?

Or better yet, why do people of any color still friggin' FREAK out over that word? How's it any different than being referred to as an asshole, or a dumbass, or a stupid fuck, or whatever?

It makes no sense. It's a word... nothing more. Yes it symbolizes a destructive/devisive mentality, but which of any of the aforementioned words does not??
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 34):
It doesn't make (inter)national news every time someone of any fame/prominence states the words kyke, chink, spic, and even (to a lesser extent) fag.

Probably because with the exception of the last word, those words are hardly ever spoken.

How's it any different than being referred to as an asshole, or a dumbass, or a stupid fuck, or whatever?

I don't think that you really don't know the answer to this, but just in case... It's different because those words you listed slander an individual. The n-word slanders an entire race, or slanders an individual because he is a member of a race. The n-word is different because its use strongly suggests the speaker's blanket dislike of those people. As entitled as he is to have that view, the rest of the world, A&E included, is equally entitled to judge him for having such a view.

ConcordeBoy

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:18 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):
Probably because with the exception of the last word, those words are hardly ever spoken.

and you base that assessment on what exactly?

D L X

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:20 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 36):
and you base that assessment on what exactly?

Experience. Are you denying it?

And does it matter to the thread? If so, show your facts.

[Edited 2007-11-01 15:20:44]

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:26 pm

But what you fail to understand is that if you believe something, I am entitled to judge you on your beliefs.

I'm not failing anything here. If evidence in a court room is found to have been obtained illegally, it is no longer admissible to judge on. This discovery of his racism was illegal, therefore we are not entitled to judge.

(For instance, did you judge Bill Clinton when it came out that he had a little action with his intern?

Despite the fact I was young, I can say I wouldn't care or pass judgement today either. So the guy wanted a blow job...who cares? Not me.

Or how about this child rapist in Nevada

Calling someone a nigger is not illegal. Raping a little girl is.

But I'm not?

Not once have I said you aren't entitled to your beliefs. Disagreeing is completely different.

but it's not just the media that is saying this is worthy of discussion.

So then do I lump you in with the media as a looney? What this guy said to his son just isn't worth our discussion.

Say what you want, but neither will constantly playing the victim card.

PIA777

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Quoting UnknownUser (Reply 1):
Nope, I still think he is a great guy for what he does.

WHAT? He is a racist. I heard the phone call. he is a jerk. I use to like that show. I already stopped watching reruns of Seinfeld because of Kramer. I will do the same with that stupid show. I guess its true, if you walk like a redneck, talk like a redneck and act like a redneck, he must be a redneck.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

Jetsgo

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 39):
f you walk like a redneck, talk like a redneck and act like a redneck, he must be a redneck.

Listen to yourself, calling him a racist then completely bashing "rednecks" as a whole. Sounds completely idiotic.

I already stopped watching reruns of Seinfeld because of Kramer. I will do the same with that stupid show.

Thin skin?

ConcordeBoy

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:47 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 37):
Experience.

Uh no, try: "assumption, in the complete absence of tangible corroboration, for or against".

And does it matter to the thread?

Sure, why wouldn't it?

If so, show your facts.

And I'll fling that one right back at you caballero, particularly considering that you're the one here attempting to make a statistical statement while offering no evidence in support (or even against) thereof... not I.

Well?

WHAT? He is a racist.

...perhaps, and ____?

I already stopped watching reruns of Seinfeld because of Kramer.

Why would you allow yourself to be so easily influenced by the (in this case, indirect!) actions of others?

I guess its true, if you walk like a redneck, talk like a redneck and act like a redneck, he must be a redneck.

...um, do you see/hear yourself here?

You just finished spouting politically-correct self-righteous bullsh!t about "racists", then go off to blanket-insult an entire group/community/type of people!!! That's almost as hilarious as it is pathetic!

ltbewr

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:59 pm

First of all, 'Dog' is a bounty hunter, a form of making money for someone that is Constitutionally legal, very unique to the USA and generally unacceptable elsewhere to get those who have decided to violate their bail bond agreement and not appear in a criminal court for trial or to plea bargain.
Where the N-word has a strange connection here was that private agents much like bounty hunters were allowed by law to enforce the return of slaves who left their owners.
It is unfortunate that 'Dog' got caught with using a very unacceptable word in a legally questionable gotcha by a investigators of a ethically challenged publication in a private conversation. I wouldn't be surprised that many of the people he goes after are Black due to the disproportionate percentages of those of Black skin pigmentation who are subject to criminal charges and may have affected his choice of the use of the N-word.
I am quite sure many bail jumpers are happy to see 'Dog' shown to be a possible racist and him and other bail bounty hunters discouraged from continuing to practice his trade. At the least, A&E networks will have to pull his show from their programing and not pay him any further for his appearances.

fumanchewd

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:19 am

. I guess its true, if you walk like a redneck, talk like a redneck and act like a redneck, he must be a redneck.

Hmmm. I see three components of the term redneck. Red=color Neck+color=skin The third is your labeling people from the south as ignorant and racist. Redneck is a term to label southerners and it does not automatically include racists. Is Jeff Foxworthy {a self-proclaimed redneck} racist? Not necessarily. You seem to be pretty racist yourself in believing that all white people from the south are racist. Is Kramer from the south where the term redneck is used? No. Everyone is prejudiced in some manner. And you continue to be a racist hypocrite yourself.

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 40):
Listen to yourself, calling him a racist then completely bashing "rednecks" as a whole. Sounds completely idiotic.

checkmark 
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

D L X

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 38):
If evidence in a court room is found to have been obtained illegally, it is no longer admissible to judge on.

Whoa guy. This isn't court, so that's entirely irrelevant. And...

This discovery of his racism was illegal, therefore we are not entitled to judge.

wrong. As I said in reply 2, If the police record your calls without a warrant, they are inadmissible. If a private entity records your calls, they may be admitted! The fourth amendment only covers governmental action. That's why Linda Tripp's telephone conversations with Monica Lewinsky were admitted in Bill Clinton's trial. (But afterwards, Tripp got NAILED by Maryland for breaking the wiretap laws.)

Calling someone a nigger is not illegal. Raping a little girl is.

Dude, it's not about the word he used. It's about the fact that he is racist. Both being a racist and being a rapist are immoral. You're just arguing to argue now.

Not once have I said you aren't entitled to your beliefs.

Actually, you've said it many times. You've said that I am not entitled to judge. What is a judgment other than a belief?

Say what you want, but neither will constantly playing the victim card.

Okay, what the @#$% are you talking about? You are lost.

What this guy said to his son just isn't worth our discussion.

The only way that sentence makes sense is that you're an apologist. I don't want to believe that, so I'll ask. Are you?

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 41):
And I'll fling that one right back at you caballero, particularly considering that you're the one here attempting to make a statistical statement while offering no evidence in support (or even against) thereof... not I.

redflag  No dude. You're the one that said "It doesn't make (inter)national news every time someone of any fame/prominence states the words kyke, chink, spic, and even (to a lesser extent) fag. Why does that word get some manner of special prominence?"

So you first. You're the one that is suggesting a statistical statement. An off topic one at that. You show your proof that says that the n-word gets special attention over these words. You have to prove your case before you can call anyone else out for refuting it. Sorry, that's life.

WHAT? He is a racist.

...perhaps, and ____?

And A&E is perfectly within its rights to show him the door. You agree, don't you?

I already stopped watching reruns of Seinfeld because of Kramer.

Why would you allow yourself to be so easily influenced by the (in this case, indirect!) actions of others?

Wait a second. You're black, and Michael Richards goes around screaming about how black people need to bow down to whites.

AND YOU WOULD STILL LAUGH AT HIS JOKES?!

LASoctoberB6

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:27 am

Aww, geez.... It musta been a really slow day for news today... I really don't care enough for the guy to get all worked up about what he said and/or why the media chose to throw it in the "Breaking News" segment.

Quoting D L X (Reply 4):
(Think about that Las Vegas child rape case that just happened last month.)

Chester Stiles....that bast**d.... he was caught across the street from where I take piano lessons..
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

Kunoichi

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:29 am

Okay, just an observation... A LOT of black people and the people around them use the word frequently, in daily speak, while talking to each other, and it's never perceived as offending - but if someone "outside" the community uses it, it's suddenly very bad, and apparently warrants a fine or even a prison sentence (or a public apology at least)...  scratchchin  Hm.

Now, I have no respect for this guy whatsoever - I think his show is ridiculous, and he comes across to me as quite a nutjob. But just generally, I think this is an odd, odd situation..

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):
Fact is, that he was saying it in private to his family means he honestly believes it.

So you can't joke around with your family members?  Confused

A lot few friends (black, white, yellow, you name it) and I have this thing going where we make racial jokes. Just this other week, we were watching a football match, and one of the teams had a black man on it. My friend instantly remarked "Oh crap! They have a negro! They're doomed!" ... we were in private, we knew no one would find out, but there was absolutely no doubt that he didn't mean it. He isn't racist - he's probably the friendliest and most respectful guy on the planet!
My brother and I make jokes like that all the time too - he's family, and I don't mean anything by it either - AND my black friends find it funny, even when we make these jokes in front of them.

We're in private - we know no one will hear us. But we don't mean it. We just think it's funny because it's so blatantly inappropriate and wrong.

Just because you say something to a family member doesn't mean you mean it 100% or that you have bad intentions.
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

National757

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:36 am

How is this news? I caught some rappers using the N-word, why isn't that front page news?

AirframeAS

Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:25 am

But you have to admit, the Enquirer crossed the line.

Indeed they did. Must be a slow day for them. Who REALLY released that tape is what I want to know. I'm not buying that his son sent it to the Enquirer at all.  redflag  BS! He wouldn't do that to his father! If it was my father in the same scenerio, I would never in a million years do THAT!

This bullshit paparazzi tactic of invading and exposing personal lives to make a buck disgusts me.

Same here. But it will never stop, unfortunately

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 33):
I think there are some ODD hominems on this site

There are more than enough around here, and we all know who they are already!

Or better yet, why do people of any color still friggin' FREAK out over that word?

I dunno, but the black folk say the term to each other and they don't get offended. If I was called a 'cracker' by a black individual, I wouldn't get all upset. Its a term, so what! BFD!!! Note: If you dont want us calling you that word, don't call us the other word. Respect is a two-way street, not a one way street.

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):
I don't think that you really don't know the answer to this, but just in case...

redflag  I call a wee BS on you. You don't know diddly. And neither do I!

Experience.

Don't even begin to preach that 1500-1860's crap from the other thread again, dude. That is getting so, so old! You have not experienced nuthin!

Quoting D L X (Reply 44):
Dude, it's not about the word he used. It's about the fact that he is racist.

Oh wait a friggin second, you get all antsy pantsy over the word and now you are saying it's not the word that offends you but now you label him as a 'racist' over one silly remark? WTF?! I am now starting to really not understand you anymore.

Seriously, DLX: A reality check for you.... Every gosh darn time there is a thread that has anything to do with race you just HAVE to comment on it. And get all defensive over it, not to mention getting all riled up and angry. This is getting old and out of hand. Have you considered yourself as racist, perhaps (Not saying that you are, just food for thought)? You should consider quit while you are ahead. This is, indeed, getting old: the rants by YOU. It's not doing you any good, isn't it? ConcordeBoy has pretty good points to ponder, ya know..... As I have asked you over and over and over: What MORE do you want?! Get over it, seriously! I assume some folks here are getting sick of it too.

And for the record, I'm white. I could care less of an individual was a boy, girl, alien, white, black, red, green, yellow, orange, purple, blue, fushia, buttery popcorn, 2024 Aluminum Alloy, a bird or what have you..... you get the idea.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

miamiair

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 am

What is a judgment other than a belief?

Get off the soap box already. It is getting old.

Wait a second. You're black, and Michael Richards goes around screaming about how black people need to bow down to whites.

So now you are telling people how they have to act?

People earn my respect by their actions, not the color of their skin; whether they like tube steak or eating at the "Y," or whatever God they believe in.