bristolflyer

Yet Another Beer Thread - This Time Microbrews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:43 am

So many beer threads, so little time. This one's for those microbrews out there that you like and remind you of good times...

Mine would be Carver Brewing Co (Durango, Colorado) - they do a great IPA.

Another great one was a pub in Derbyshire I went to a long time ago - the John Thompson Inn, their self-named beer was great.

Any others in the SW States anyone? I'm wanting to try some!
Fortune favours the brave

mhodgson

RE: Yet Another Beer Thread - This Time Microbrews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:19 pm

What sort of size is a microbrewery? I have a favoured local brewery in Morecambe, but have no idea if it is considered 'micro' or not!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

LHMark

Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm kinda off the term 'microbrewery' now that this type of beer is reaching mass acceptance here. I'd call it 'craft beer' and not get limited by the size of the output.

In New York State, we're surrounded by really good craft breweries. Wagner Valley, Flying Bison, Roosterfish Brewing, the Rohrbach Brewing Company, Ithaca Brewing, and Middle Ages Brewing are all within a two-hour drive from my house, and that's just some of them.

If anyone's near Wirral in the UK, there's a little outfit called the Betwixt Brewery I've been eager to try. Too bad overseas travel is so freakin' expensive now.

Oh, if you guys want to get your craft beer on, try http://www.beeradvocate.com. it's the A.net of beer.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

kmh1956

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:06 pm

Keene Kolsch from Elm City Brewery in Keene, NH....cold and crisp...really nice. (And the grilled chicken pesto sandwich is excellent, too!)
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

YYZAeroEng

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:36 pm

Mind that Bus! What bus? *Splat!*

NeilYYZ

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:13 pm

Quoting YYZAeroEng (Reply 4):

I'm with you!
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...