vaporlock

My Little Buddy Is Gone Forever!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:02 am

Well, over the years we have all posted pictures of our pets. For those of us who love animals, I share your love.

I'm sad to say that my little buddy ChiChi who you've all seen pictures of for the past 7 years died yesterday morning.

She was 16 3/4 years old and I got her when she was 6 weeks. Dam it sure hurts..........  brokenheart   cry   crying 

I had her at the vets Wed afternoon as I was sure she had a stroke. They confirmed my thoughts and said that she may be OK but chances were very slim. So I went home and spent the evening with her. At bedtime I put her beside me on my bed, turned out the light and fell asleep rubbing her side. When I woke up in the morning, I was still hugging her only she had passed away in her sleep. Well, I guess I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful way to go. I'm glad I got to hug her so she knew she was loved.

Here are a few pics of our little buddy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/MsLock/BeavertonRicci132.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/MsLock/MrSpaceman-26039.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/MsLock/SnowTime022.jpg

Vaps

diamond

RE: My Little Buddy Is Gone Forever!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:06 am

That's a very sad story - but you're right. I can't think of a better way for her to have passed on.

I'm really sorry you lost her, and hope that you will try to spend your birthday (tomorrow) thinking about some good things and having a good time.

Kevin
Blank.

atrude777

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:11 am

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Wow, That probably is the best way to go, in the arms of your loved one or owner in this case knowing you were held and cared for!

You did talk about the dog a lot and I am sorry to hear it was lost!

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

LASoctoberB6

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:44 am

I'm glad you were with her when she passed. I find it very cute how you put her next to you and rubbed her tummy letting her know she was loved.
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

davestanKSAN

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:48 am

Sad I'm so sorry and so saddened to hear this Phyllis  crying . My prayers are with you during this hard time. I hope you take comfort in the fact you gave her such a loving home, and loved her until the end. Thanks for being such a great role model for pet owners everywhere.

Take care, and all the best to you. If you need anything, we will be here for you. Please know that.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

zippyjet

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:48 am

My heart and I can safley say 99.99% of our hears go out to you. Anyojne who says "it's just a pet/animal," just don't get it. Not to sound Dr. Phil like but, there is no shame seeking support and or counseling if needed. Sooner or later another special buddy will find you or you find him/her.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

dl021

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:53 am

Phyllis,

I guess this was what the email was about...I'm on vacation and just saw the thread. I'm very sorry for your loss, and you are so right...that was the best way this could have happened. it doesn't take away the loss, but maybe it takes some of the sting that could have been out of it...

Take care, and remember the good times often.

Also remember that there's always going to be little buddies out there who need good moms, so when you're ready, take a look.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

ScarletHarlot

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:04 am

Oh Phyllis...oh girl. I am so sorry to hear about ChiChi. I was hoping she would recover from her stroke. I am so glad she went peacefully with you cuddling her.

It's been rough for you lately, losing Topher as well, hasn't it? I am sorry, girl. We both send you many hugs...so do Walker, Jefferson and Emily.
But that was when I ruled the world

ctbarnes

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:05 am

So sorry to hear, Phyllis. It sounds as if ChiChi had an increadible life, and her end was very touching. She truly died as she lived, and I can't think of a better way for her to have gone but in your arms, surrounded by love.

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

L-188

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:10 am

I am so sorry to hear this.

I lost my dog at the age of 10 last year about this time. It was rough.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Continental

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:44 am

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like your dog went away in peace.

Having your dog die is extremely saddening. We put down our first dog in September due to cancer. It took less than 2 months until it got unbearable and what's worse is that he was only 5.

vaporlock

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 am

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

Your all right, animals can touch your heart like no other. "Unconditional Love".

The sad part was that my better half Chris...aka Mr Spaceman was up in Northern Ontario as he drives the big rigs. He's also very sad that he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to ChiChi. But, tomorrow we will be heading north to where she always loved to run free. We have a special place picked out for her barriel.

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 7):
It's been rough for you lately, losing Topher as well, hasn't it? I am sorry, girl. We both send you many hugs...so do Walker, Jefferson and Emily.

Ah...my Canadian girl...thanks - your right, it has been a rough year. We lost Topher in September and now ChiChi but we still have 2 cats to hug when we feel sad.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 1):
Kevin

Kevin, thanks for the b/d wishes. Dam.....I'm getting older...lol

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I know it gets easier....and life will go on. At least I have the memories and they will live on forever.

Vaps

LHboyatDTW

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:23 am

Quoting Vaporlock (Thread starter):
I was still hugging her only she had passed away in her sleep. Well, I guess I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful way to go.

checkmark 

Also the fact that she lived almost 17 well spent years! By looking at the size she was, that is quite an accomplishment as my two wire haired fox terriers lived to be around 14.

Sorry to hear of your loss. If it's any consolation there are still days where I can't accept that my childhood canine companions have passed years ago, even when I'm patting my airedale / beagle mix on the head.
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

fxramper

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:24 am

Phyllis,

Sorry to read about your loss.

Drew.

CO7e7

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:40 am

Sorry for your loss man...

ScarletHarlot

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:41 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 14):
man...

Phyllis is a girl (with a "dam fine ass", IIRC)  Smile

andessmf

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:01 am

How horrible must it feel to lose a pet after so long.

But then again, 16 years is pretty old for a dog. You couldn't ask for much more.

And then to have her die in her sleep with you holding her...*sniff*...that's a good way to go.

In case you have not heard it,

You finished your duties for ChiChi, and when you can look back and see what happened, two things will come to mind.

1. You couldn't have done any better for her than you did.
2. In our end, we would ALL love to go peacefully in the arms of our loved ones.

skidmarks

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:03 am

Phyllis,

My sympathies to you, it must be hard after all this time. But she went peacefully, you were with her and thats the best we can all hope for.

Take care

Andy
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Goldenshield

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:34 am

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, VP.  Sad
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

bwest

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:52 am

Cherish the memories.... sorry for your loss
I love my Airport Job! :)

HAWK21M

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:50 pm

Condolences.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

luv2cattlecall

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Definitely sorry to hear, just keep reminding your self that it was peaceful, and you seem like a very caring owner, so I'm sure she got the best out of every moment of her life - and never suffered.

Some humor to possibly cheer you up, re: the pic from the cockpit:

The cockpit of the future will have a captain, a co-pilot and a dog. The dog is there to bite the captain if he tries to touch the controls, and the co-pilot is there to feed the dog.

Nice camera work by the way.

ctbarnes

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:34 pm

I just remembered this little prayer written by Garrison Keillor that prefaced his book, Lake Woebegon Days. I though it might be appropriate:

Dogs don't Lie,
And why should I?
Strangers come, they growl and bark,
They know their loved ones in the dark.
Grant that we, both night and day,
Be just as full of truth as they.

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

vaporlock

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:49 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 15):
Phyllis is a girl (with a "dam fine ass", IIRC)

April, thanks for the laugh!!!!

Thanks to all of you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers....and yes, the memories will live on. ChiChi was definately a dog who knew about spotting.....lol She went to all the airports we visited and never complained.

Vaporlock

ScarletHarlot

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:45 pm

Quoting Vaporlock (Reply 23):
April, thanks for the laugh!!!!

Smile I thought maybe you could use a laugh - and a hug, my Northern Ontario girl.  Smile

Boeing4ever

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. You'll always have her memories. And that she passed way beside you peacefully...that's more than many living creatures can ask for. She had a good life with you and your family. God bless, and take care!

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

B747forever

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Really sorry for your loss.

The dog seems really nice from the pics.

Really sad.
Work Hard, Fly Right

foppishbum

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:32 pm

Sad I'm sorry for your loss. My neighbour in Taiwan had a dog and he basically accompanied me throughout my childhood, just a few years ago they had to put him down because he was VERY old and in pain most of the time. I cried when I heard the news. Even though he was my neighbour's dog, we spent lots of time together...Sigh. I can't imagine losing my Frodo...

Cheers;
foppish bum
Taiwanese-American :D

redngold

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:04 pm

It's obvious that you made ChiChi as much a part of your life as you could. If only I could take my cats with me wherever I go!

I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm glad that you were able to spend the last minutes with her. Perhaps she was waiting for you to rest before she entered her own final nap.
Up, up and away!

steeler83

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:15 pm

At bedtime I put her beside me on my bed, turned out the light and fell asleep rubbing her side. When I woke up in the morning, I was still hugging her only she had passed away in her sleep. Well, I guess I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful way to go. I'm glad I got to hug her so she knew she was loved.

Awww... My hear sank right with yours. I can certainly feel your pain there. I also have a sad pet story.

That brings back so many memories of my childhood pet, Queenie. We picked our little black lab mix at the Pittsburgh Humane Society when I was about 3. She was just a few months old at the time. We did have a scare when she was about 10 or 11 when she had bladder stones, but after that, she was very active and healthy. At age 14 and 15, the vet would always comment on how amazingly healthy she was.

By age 16, her age did catch up with her. She had a few seisures and we though that maybe she had a tumor or cancer or something. She also had severe arthritis and muscle loss. When she was about 17, she could no longer move, and her digestive system went. It was in January of 2004 when we had to put her down, which was one of the saddest days of my life... I wish she could have gone peacefully like yours...

She was a wonderful dog...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

BAKJet

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:21 pm

I feel for you. At least she died knowing she was loved.

muchswatch

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:25 pm

ahh... that's so sad  Sad however, I am sure the good memories will last forever.
CapitalOne & Direct Energy Sux

NIKV69

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:02 pm

I am sorry for your loss. From what I read she lived a long life with a lot of love and passed peacefully with you present. I think your dog was quite lucky to have your love.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Falcon84

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:20 pm

Phyl, I'm so sorry for you loss! I'm a dog fan-always have been since I was little, and I know it hurts to lose one. They bring such happiness, that it really hurts when they're gone.

Hope you feel better soon.
Work Right, Fly Hard

bok269

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:36 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

strudders

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:49 am

I am so sorry for your Loss. I completely understand.

I found a poem that I hope you like.

Hello. I've been expecting you for quite some time.
Here, come sit beside us for awhile .
and let me tell you about this old friend of mine.
She might look tattered or maybe old
But I won't say goodbye until you've been told.
She had the brightest eyes I had ever seen,
And wore a beautiful fur coat that would out shine a queen .
She was never prissy but walked with an aire ......
And oh so polite, you could take her most anywhere.
She could run like the wind and could catch anything she chased
But she protected and sat with me when I had problems to face.
You could not find a friend nearly so dear.
Because no matter the trouble she always stayed near...
She has never asked for much from me;
Just to love and respect her and I think you'll agree .
To give her a good meal plus a nice warm bed is not much to ask ;
When she has given me all her love and to her this was no task.
Now I understand you have a schedule to keep.
But I have a small favor before she nods off to sleep.
Please fold your wings around her and let her feel young while in no pain ;
Dear Guardian Angel of Pets ,
please keep her safe and happy until I see her again

Best Regards

Struds

canuckpaxguy

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:58 am

Hi Phyllis.
So sorry to hear about ChiChi. What a rotten way to celebrate your birthday.
I know it hasn't been a good yet for your pets, but how fortunate they were to have had such loving companions.

If you need anything, you've got my number.

Warmest regards,
G

Superfly

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:59 am

Vaporlock:
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of ChiChi.
Your dog had one of the most loving, caring companion a dog could have. I can't think of a better way for a dog to go out in the way she did. I'll certainly miss new photos of you and ChiChi in the self pictures threads.

R.i.P. ChiChi
Bring back the Concorde

Longhornmaniac

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:02 am

Damn Phyllis. I am so, so sorry. I hate reading about people losing their loved ones, regardless of the number of legs. Just reading this thread brought me to tears again. For the 2nd time this week actually.

We had to put my dog down 1 month 11 days ago, and I'm still traumatized. I still dream about her, and can feel myself crying in my dream. It is a horrible feeling, but that is about as good a way as any I can think for a dog to go. They know they're loved.

Judy was almost 15, 20 days short. A good long lifespan for a Golden. I thank God that it happened on a weekend, when I was home from college. I feel like she waited for me.

Sorry if you feel like I'm hijacking your thread.

My most sincere condolences from another dog lover.

tombstone  ChiChi

crying 

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

fridgmus

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:05 am

Phyllis'

I'm so sorry to hear about Chi Chi's leaving you. As a fellow dog lover who has lost a loved one before, I know how you feel. I lost my "Bosco" a few years back. He was my best bud. At least she left you knowing she was next to you and greatly loved.

Nice poem Charles.

Marc
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

BNEFlyer

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:25 am

Vaporlock I know exactly how you feel.

On November 2 I received a call from my mum (as I was on holidays in Singapore) to say that my Maltese Terrier Otis had passed away in his sleep overnight. He was almost 17 1/2 years old and I got him when he was just a few weeks old too, as i'm 23 I basically had Otis for most of my life.

I was so so so upset when I found out and wanted to come home immediately but then I realised that he probably is now in a better place and is at peace and I should be thankful for that. Although it still hurts that I wasnt here, but then again I dont know if I could have handled being here when he passed away.

I'm sure your little ChiChi is at peace now too and I hope you and your partner are holding up ok now.

RedArrows

Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:05 am

Sorry to here about your loss.I also lost my dog recently after he was hit by a car,even though it's been 3 months now it still hasn't quite sunk in that he's gone,everytime I go out to the back yard I'm expecting him to run towards me  Sad I only wish he could have died the way your dog died knowing he was loved.My fella was hit by a car on a road about 2 minutes from my house,he managed to get up after being struck and struggle back towards my house but died a few yards from my front gate.Again I'm very sorry for your loss,all the best!

RedArrows

767Lover

Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:56 am

Vaporlock,

I am so sorry to hear about ChiChi. It appears you gave her a very wonderful life. I know it hurts to lose her.

Hugs

767Lover

gocaps16

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:11 pm

Phyliss, awwwww, I am very sorrrrry to hear about your lovable ChiChi. She is soooo adorable. I love the 2nd picture of her. Sooooo cute. Thanks for sharing the photos. Again, sooo sorry.

ME AVN FAN

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:32 pm

A most cute poodle she was ! And whenever an end always is sad, the way she passed away was the best of all possible ways. crying tombstone tombstone
-
Do NOT forget to keep some photos of her on the wall of your domicile. yes

frequentflyer

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:41 pm

So sad, I am sure she was comfortable going with you around her, her whole life, from start to finish. You did all that you could, now she is watching you and says Thank you
Take off and live

Tom in NO

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:30 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Phyllis...she's one cute poodle.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Type-Rated

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:53 pm

That is such a sad story. Having many dogs over the years, losing each one is hard to handle. 16 years old is old for a dog and it sounds like she held up pretty well right up to the end. It sounds like you were a very caring owner and please accept my sympathies.
You may want to visit this link. They had a discussion board where you can put any tribute you want along with a photo of ChiChi there. All of our past dogs over the years are listed there as well.

http://www.rainbowbridge.org
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

vaporlock

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:00 am

Quoting Strudders (Reply 35):
found a poem that I hope you like.

Thanks for the poem...it is really nice!

Thanks to all of you for your condolences....and for those of you who have lost pets my heart goes out to you.

Things around the house are pretty quiet, the other 2 cats are just wandering around looking for her.

But, she had a good life and lived to a good age. I know it gets easier...with time.

Thanks again!

Vaporlock

Blackbird

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:09 am

My condolences Vaporlock. So sad when you lose a pet Sad

Andrea Kent