Avianca
Topic Author

Do You Like Olives?

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:35 am

Yes I do! well better to say I love them... there are so many different olives around, but I think my favorites are the greens once stuffed with red pepper, almonds, garlic or tuna mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

tz757300

RE: Do You Like Olives?

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:39 am

I absolutely do NOT like olives. Its actually 1 of 4 things I just won't eat.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Avianca
Topic Author

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting TZ757300 (Reply 1):
I absolutely do NOT like olives. Its actually 1 of 4 things I just won't eat.

well yeas I think olives are something you love or you hate it... well I hate it still some years ago.. now I love them
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

QFA380

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:54 am

I love olives, although only good ones. They are awesome, cheese, biscuits/crackers, sundried tomato, olives and me.... Absolutely awesome..... I like Kalamata olives the most.

roadrunner165

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:00 am

I hated olives when I was a kid, but now I enjoy them. I prefer mine unstuffed.

NWADC9

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:05 am

I'll hoard 'em. If they're out, and I find 'em, they'll never see the light of day again  devil 
I convert Jet A and 100LL into noise.

Springbok747

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:08 am

I absolutely love olives..especially Kalamata. I eat them raw all the time...and also love olives on pizza and pasta..mmm.
אני תומך בישראל

ArmitageShanks

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:29 am

I've never been able to enjoy olives. I love italian and greek food but I just can't learn to love olives.

gunsontheroof

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:21 am

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 3):
I like Kalamata olives the most.

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 6):
especially Kalamata

checkmark   checkmark 

I've been on a bit of a Mediterranean kick in the last week...I had a great Mediterranean plate for dinner on Wednesday, a huge Greek Salad last night and some great falafel tonight. Olives on 2/3. Yes!

jetmech

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:29 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 8):
I had a great Mediterranean plate for dinner on Wednesday, a huge Greek Salad last night and some great falafel tonight. Olives on 2/3. Yes!

Olives and Fetta cheese....Wonderful, could live on the stuff!

Regards, JetMech
JetMech split the back of his pants. He can feel the wind in his hair :shock: .

AR385

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:04 am

Hate them with a passion...

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:07 am

I love olives, but only the green ones. Black olives are the toe-jam of Beelzebub, and have been fatwah'd since the early 9th century B.C.

We get great olives in the S. of France, I prefer the Italian ones though. The local Nicois olives are small and bitter. The very best are stuffed with anchovies - mmmmmmm !

If you like olives, you need to try tapenade too - its an olive paste made of green and black olives, garlic, anchovies and capers, blended. On warm crusty fresh bread, it's heaven.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

B747forever

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:51 am

I really love the green olives. The black ones has a really strange taste.
Work Hard, Fly Right

PlymSpotter

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Yes, I really love Olives. on pizzas, in salads and even just on their own Big grin Sometimes I'll buy a pot and sit and pick them out with a cocktail stick... then suddenly there are none left!

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 13):
on pizzas,

Wrong. Morally invalid answer. Olives on pizza are Anathema. The usual penalties apply.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

PlymSpotter

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 14):
Wrong. Morally invalid answer. Olives on pizza are Anathema. The usual penalties apply.

oh but they are so nice! Take your normal supermarket pizza, put some extra cheese on, add copious amounts of finely chopped button mushrooms, sliced olives, fresh sweetcorn, some chopped pepper then pop in the oven to cook. Just delicious - but it's the taste of the olives I find which make it Big grin

Dan Smile

tz757300

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 15):
fresh sweetcorn

On a pizza? I've never heard of that being done. Is it good?
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:44 pm

supermarket pizza

fresh sweetcorn

some chopped pepper

Ngngngng ! Must...eviscerate...painfully...with...rusty...spoon ! So...many...fatwahs !!! (head spins and explodes)

PlymSpotter

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Quoting TZ757300 (Reply 16):
On a pizza? I've never heard of that being done. Is it good?

It is actually - you can use the tinned sweetcorn which is easier, but I find it never tastes as good. Tuna and sweetcorn is the cliched topping, but I find it goes well with anything.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 17):
Ngngngng ! Must...eviscerate...painfully...with...rusty...spoon ! So...many...fatwahs !!! (head spins and explodes)

A good meal, healthier than the original pizza and only takes 15 mins to make from start to end. The perfect snack between studies!

Dan Smile

OA260

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 pm

I love Black olives. When I go to Greece I pick them off the tree and make a nice pizza and have them sprinkled over with some Pineapple .....YUM....

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 18):
The perfect snack between studies!

Yeah - like you actually study ! Landscape Architecture ? Trowels 101 ? How tough can it be ?

I am so horrified by your evil excesses I have added your name to the special Extra Evil page on the Big Book of People Who Are Evil And Must Be Destroyed. Right next to davestanKSAN and his f$%#@g tofu.

PlymSpotter

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 20):
Yeah - like you actually study ! Landscape Architecture ? Trowels 101 ? How tough can it be ?

You wouldn't know about studying - you just swan around the world in business class, touting your wares to unsuspecting third world airlines. One studies very hard, I just like to play even harder!

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 20):
I am so horrified by your evil excesses I have added your name to the special Extra Evil page on the Big Book of People Who Are Evil And Must Be Destroyed. Right next to davestanKSAN and his f$%#@g tofu.

Oooh, there was rumor of such a books existence, but the general consensus was that you'd eaten it during the recent Mung Bean shortage  Wink

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 21):
you just swan around the world in business class, touting your wares to unsuspecting third world airlines.

Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it.

One studies very hard, I just like to play even harder!

Yes, I hear Dungeons and Dragons can be quite exhausting.

there was rumor of such a books existence,

It's a closely guarded secret. The book is kept in a secret underground Tibetan monastery. Dan Brown is writing a novel about it.

srbmod

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Quoting Avianca (Reply 2):
well yeas I think olives are something you love or you hate it... well I hate it still some years ago.. now I love them

That's the way I was. Then about 16 years ago, I was out on a white water rafter trip and they had some out as part of the lunch spread, decided to try some and got hooked.

Black olives are one of my favorite toppings to get on a pizza. If I go to Fellinis (a local pizza chain), I alway get a slice or two with Italian sausage, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives. To me, that is heavenly.

As for olives, I really don't have a preference, I just like olives. I prefer them to not be stuffed though.

The olive "salad" that is spread on a muffaletta absolutely makes the sandwich. Without the olives, it's just a boring sandwich.

Toast

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:24 pm

I love olives, all of them. I probably eat a liter jar of olives per week, in all possible variants.  cloudnine 

Olives on pizza are Anathema.

Forgive me, for I shall disagree with Thee. Pineapple on pizza is anathema. Olives on pizza are delicious.
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

TuRbUleNc3

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Only recently have i began liking them. I prefer marinated halkidiki olives stuffed with feta cheese. Sometimes ill make my own with a mix of kalamata, halkidiki, sundried tomatoes, plenty of olive oil, lots of garlic and fresh chilli. Leave it to marinade for a few hours/overnight and its lush!

bok269

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:33 pm

I like black olives. I don't have much of a taste for green ones.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 24):
Forgive me, for I shall disagree with Thee. Pineapple on pizza is anathema. Olives on pizza are delicious.

Incorrect. Both are equally evil - there is no hierarchy in base iniquity.

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 23):
Black olives are one of my favorite toppings to get on a pizza. If I go to Fellinis (a local pizza chain), I alway get a slice or two with Italian sausage, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives. To me, that is heavenly.

Another one who's going to burn in the nether hells for all eternity. One weeps, really one does.

seb146

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:17 pm

I love olives! I tried curing my own olives once. There are olive trees growing all over Northern California so when I stopped one time, I picked some and brought them back to Oregon. I must have cured them wrong or something, but after four months, they started almost tasting like martini olives. Except for that little disaster, I LOVE olives!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

fumanchewd

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:30 pm

I love green olives but hate black. I am somewhat of a food bigot as I also hate black licorice.

I was in Madrid and had some anchovie olives. I hate anchovies, but it tasted awesome with olives.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

propilotjw

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:33 pm

Heck yeah! I love green and black olives. Bleu Cheese stuffed olives rock also. Dirty Martini's... YUM!

srbmod

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:07 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 28):
Another one who's going to burn in the nether hells for all eternity. One weeps, really one does.

I already know I'm going to burn in Hell for all eternity, irregardless of your olive-based fatwa, but that's for another thread altogether.....

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 31):
I already know I'm going to burn in Hell for all eternity, irregardless of your olive-based fatwa, but that's for another thread altogether.....

Yes that is true, I've checked with Admissions - but the olive thing has earned you extra demons prodding your nether regions in the pool of burning sulphur, you may be certain !

JAGflyer

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:05 pm

I like olives. My favourite kind are the green ones with the red pimento inside.
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

AR385

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 24):
Pineapple on pizza is anathema

Dominoes just came up with is Pizza topping concoction, here in Mexico. Pinneaple with chipotle pepper sauce. Olives too. Gross if you ask me.

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 34):
Pinneaple with chipotle pepper sauce. Olives too. Gross if you ask me.

That's it. They're on the list too. I'm going to have to start developing long-range high-impact fatwah delivery systems, this piecemeal system clearly isn't working.  grumpy 

JJJ

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:58 pm

Olives shouldn't be cooked. Either marinated or to make oil.

My faves are the 'broken' bitter ones and the 'gazpacha' not-really-spicy kind. I favour greenies rather than blackies but anything goes. Don't dig the stuffed kind either.