Avianca
Topic Author

What Are Your Travel Plans For 2008? (vacation)

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi all,

well I am currently planing my possible 2008 vacation destinations....

on my list:

February: going to RIO and Sao Paulo, visiting very good friends (2 x weeks)
March: going over the weekend to Quito
March: going over the holy weekend to Buenos Aires
April/May: going over the 1.May long weekend to Santiago de Chile.
July/August: going home to Germany for 2 or 3 weeks.

and if possible I would like to add a long weekend in Montevideo (using a very good Busniess Class fare that CM offers from CCS to MVD)

What are your plans?

cheers
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

captaink

RE: What Are Your Travel Plans For 2008? (vacation)

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Quoting Avianca (Thread starter):
May long weekend to Santiago de Chile.

Dying to go to Santiago.. Big grin

For me, April, I would go to Miami and Nassau for a couple days. (HOPEFULLY)

Summer, continuing my tour of Mexico.

Winter, to New York and Grenada, as I am going to do this winter as well.
There is something special about planes....

bok269

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:34 pm

I'm heading to PHX (Scottsdale) in Feburary. There will be some college visits interspersed through next October as well.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

JGPH1A

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:54 pm

So far I only know one - a trip to the Outer Banks in June.
I'll be going to NYC to visit my sister at her new place in Connecticut, probably early in the New Year.
Don't know about summer holiday though, it will be in September I guess, so maybe Asia this year - India ? I might be going there for work though - maybe combine a work trip with vacation.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

MattRB

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:57 pm

10 days or more spent running around Ireland with my girlfriend in June. Have to head to NC to get her and then we'll probably be here in Toronto for a few days before we head off.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

YYZflyer

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:33 pm

On April 17-21 I'm going to MCO. This is a trip for my school's music department

Then on November 21 to December 2 I'm flying to MXP, Italy. We're also traveling around Italy. This is also a school trip. Except it's a Canada wide trip. It's for the 65th anniversary of the battle of Ortona.

airplane 
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

scrubbsywg

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:47 pm

probably spain for a couple weeks in august, hitting up the grand prix in valencia, and spend some time in Ibiza. Can't wait.

af773atmsp

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:55 pm

During Spring Break my family and I might go to New York for a week. We don't know if we will have enough money to go to New York.
It ain't no normal MD80 its a Super 80!

srbmod

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:11 pm

In April, I'm going to Las Vegas for the Third Annual A.net LAS Meet.

The rest of the year, I'm not really sure yet. I'm thinking about a trip to Toronto in either September or October, and maybe a trip somewhere over the Thanksgiving weekend next year as well.

falstaff

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:18 pm

I am will be going to Laramie, Wyoming in January. That is a work related thing, but I will include it because it is actually more fun that work. It is actually fun that I made my work think is work.

In March I am headed to FRA and LEJ, for a week.

In June I may be going to MAN. A friend of mine will be working there for a while and his company is renting him an apartment. If the dates line up right I will go and stay with him for a week or so.

June-August I will be between STL and DTW a lot. I will also probably have one trip to PIT too.

In August I plan to go back to SFO for a repeat of this years good time.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

extspotter

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:16 pm

Hopefully going to the Maldives (MLE) and will probably end up on PD again, not that I am complaining as the FCA Y product is absolutely fabulous compared to most longhaul airlines. If it is from MAN again, hopefully another flight on the BE 371/372 from EXT - MAN. I love the Q400s!
AF BE BY FR MV PD SZ U2 VZ DHC6, 8-3/4Q, 732/8, 763ER, A319, A380

LHboyatDTW

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:40 am

If I'm lucky, LAX. Other than that it's the usual family reunions up north and me moving into a dorm room in Kalamazoo.

However in about two to three years from now I will be setting foot in Japan for the first time during a study abroad program and I am getting REALLY excited about getting to see Tokyo for the first time.  bouncy  bouncy  bouncy 
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

PlymSpotter

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:56 am

The only firm trip I have is for the FRA meeting, then on to Berlin where I think and hope a friend from home will be meeting me.

Aside of that, hopefully Iran will be kind next time I apply and send a Visa my way... in which case I will be heading there for a week or so and taking up my planned trip of central Asia with it. If holidays are as cheap as they were last year I'll hopefully take a week or so in Cuba just after Christmas, but that depends largely on work at University. I'm also told by family that during Easter the house in Menorca needs painting, so will spend a bit of time down there doing that, because of which it will with any luck be a free trip. The Chernobyl meet in the early summer, no idea yet though about methods of transport to or fro though. I'm also saving up to visit North Korea, that though relies very much on getting some form of job as it's hideously expensive, I would go either in September or November if possible.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

corocks

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:29 pm

The only trip I have on the books so far is Egypt - Feb 9th.

IAH-EWR-FCO-CAI

A few days in Cairo, fly to Aswan and take a 4 day cruise down the Nile, then fly from Luxor to Sharm el Shiekh for some diving and climbing Mt. Sinai.

Return home same path: CAI-FCO-EWR-IAH

Will probably also take a long weekend in Napa this year as well.

Sabena332

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Quoting Avianca (Thread starter):
What are your plans?

Nothing planned yet, at least not a holiday. But a friend and me are planning a weekend Bundesliga tour through Germany, we want to watch a Friday, a Saturday, and a Sunday game on one weekend. A possible routing could be:

Friday afternnon: Dusseldorf-Berlin (to watch Hertha BSC)
Saturday noon: Berlin-Munich (to watch Bayern Munich)
Sunday afternoon: Munich-Hamburg (to watch HSV)
Sunday night: Hamburg-Dusseldorf (to get back home)

Such a tour is rather difficult to plan, it depends on the matchday schedule, the availability of stadium tickets, and of course do we need cheap flights.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

sunshine79

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 pm

Well, since I live in Spain, I got to the beach on my day off, so it feels like a little vacation. I hopefully will be able to get some time off and go to Cyprus for at least a week, but we´ll see how things go. I´ll have to work up some vacation time as I start a new job next week.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

Toast

RE: What Are Your Travel Plans For 2008? (vacation

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm

Nothing certain yet, but Rome is highly probable. Other possibilities: Geneva, southern France, Andalusia, Oslo, the Baltic States, Wroclaw, Vienna, Prague. Maybe Cairo. Paris and London very definitely, although those hardly count as travel.  Smile
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

jfk69

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:57 pm

In January, the wife and I are heading to NAN (Fiji) for a delayed honeymoon.

Presidents weekend in february we are headed to visit the in laws in SEA

End of march I am heading to SRQ to see my sister perform for the Sarasota Opera House.

One time in there, not planned yet, we are headed to PIT to visit my other sis,

n710ps

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:00 pm

I will be back and fourth from my place in SRQ alot this upcoming year. I am also going to be in Omaha alot during my time off visiting my best friend and his "wife". SXM is on the agenda as well and a few hops over to Europe to see family and friends. As usual the normal spur of the moment trips will take place as well. I generally off duty travel about 45 times a year for pleasure or other whether it be a week or a day. I will be headding down to SRQ with the girlfriend in a few weeks so she can meet the remainder of the family and friends she has not met up here in NY.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

airkas1
Crew

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:05 pm

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 2):
I'm heading to PHX (Scottsdale) in Feburary.

I'm going to PHX in februari as well (4-15 feb). I'll be visiting some friends (who are part of a class of the KLM Flight Academy, currently doing their VFR thing in Mesa/Falcon field).
Also some sightseeing and of course, spotting at PHX. A roadtrip to LAS might also be included.
That's probably all my travelling for 2008...
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

MSYtristar

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:12 pm

So far the first and only trip planned for '08 is as follows:

City: Las Vegas
Dates: 1/17 - 1/20
Hotel: Unknown at the moment
Airline: Delta (ATL-LAS-ATL)

I'll be partying with two crazy women. Should make for an interesting time. I guess "whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" will hold true in this case. Here's hoping anyway.  Wink

AC320

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:20 pm

January: Richmond, VA to visit some of the girlfriend's family (UA MCO-IAD-RIC 1st flight on an EMB)
May: 1 week in St. Croix, USVI (AA MIA-SJU-STX 1st A300 flight)
fuddle duddle

DAL767400ER

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Don't really have any firm things planned, as currently can't even tell whether I'd still be living in Hamburg next year. Possibilities that might happen include a trip to the US West Coast out of season, and a few assorted road trips through Germany providing that fuel will actually be affordable next year.

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 14):
Friday afternnon: Dusseldorf-Berlin (to watch Hertha BSC)
Saturday noon: Berlin-Munich (to watch Bayern Munich)
Sunday afternoon: Munich-Hamburg (to watch HSV)
Sunday night: Hamburg-Dusseldorf (to get back home)

Try that routing with a car  Silly . Fridays on the A2 between the Ruhrpott and Berlin (perma-traffic jam) and a drive from Munich to Hamburg are gonna be time-intensive as hell, even if you're going 200 where possible, though it wouldn't be as boring as just another flight on Germanwings or Air Berlin  Wink .

WindowSeat

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Strictly from a vacation/holiday standpoint, I start of the year with a trip to India in January and then I am not sure where next, however I do plan to drop in to London about 5 times next year as I have done this year.

Other than that, I have flown 213,000 miles since March 24 this year and have 30,000 miles of travel booked between now and the end of the year.

2008 should also come close to 250,000 to 275,000 actual miles flown.

cheers
WindowSeat
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

Avianca
Topic Author

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Quoting WindowSeat (Reply 23):
Strictly from a vacation/holiday standpoint, I start of the year with a trip to India in January and then I am not sure where next, however I do plan to drop in to London about 5 times next year as I have done this year.

Other than that, I have flown 213,000 miles since March 24 this year and have 30,000 miles of travel booked between now and the end of the year.

2008 should also come close to 250,000 to 275,000 actual miles flown.

are you working as a FA ??  Smile
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

agill

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:08 pm

1 trip to USA
2 skiing trips in sweden
1 summer resort trip in sweden
1 to Canada (perhaps)
and maybe a trip to London

Have a lot of overtime to clear

WindowSeat

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Quoting Avianca (Reply 24):
are you working as a FA ??

Oh no, I did forget to mention in my earlier post. I am not a flight attendant. I do not even work in the airline industry.

cheers
WindowSeat
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

fr8mech

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:10 pm

1 week at a lake house or possibly a house boat in early summer with a good friend and his family.

Wife wants to go to Disney, but I want my son to get another year of comprehension under his belt.

Probably a week somewhere on the Gulf Coast.

No travel for the other vacation time except maybe a couple of day trips.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

Braybuddy

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:38 pm

We haven't planned our main trip yet. We usually travel in November, so we'll sit down sometime during the summer and decide on a destination.

But, coming up are weekends in Tampere and Bratislava in January, Istanbul and Paris in Feb and Berlin in March, plus we'll be checking out Ryanair and Aer Lingus sales for other weekend bargains throughout the year!

Sabena332

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 22):
Try that routing with a car

No way! We would spend more time in the car on that weekend than elsewhere. Furthermore do we always drink a few beers after a game in some bar, it wouldn't be a good idea to drive from Hamburg to Munich in the morning after drinking heavily in the night before.

Fridays on the A2 between the Ruhrpott and Berlin (perma-traffic jam)

I know the A2 from last season. We watched Bochum in Hanover and the ride there and back was a pain in the ass, we had a mix of rain and snow all the way, construction sides every few kilometers, and on top of that the infamous Friday evening rush hour. Needless to say that I was pretty exhausted after arriving back at my friend's apartment.

Hanover and Frankfurt is the absolute limit for us when it comes to driving, we always take the train or the plane for games which are further away than the aforementioned two cities.

though it wouldn't be as boring as just another flight on Germanwings or Air Berlin

Even if it is boring to fly on Germanwings or Air Berlin, I clearly prefer them when it comes to far away games. The ICE is nice but a ride to Munich or Berlin is simply too long and boring, especially the ride back when it is already dark outside. When we came back from Munich a few weeks ago, we spent the whole ride in the "Board Bistro", all the beers we drunk there were almost as expensive as a flight from Munich to Dusseldorf. Big grin

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

767Lover

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:02 pm

No definite plans yet but it is very possible that we will be heading to Japan to visit the Japanese relatives.

I am excited except I absolutely DREAD the flight time. I am pushing for a stopover in California or Hawaii for a few days.

copaair737

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:06 pm

My 2008 starts with a bang sort of. I head out to BEY in about 3 or so weeks.

SFO-CLT-EWR-FCO-MXP-BEY in December, then BEY-MXP-EWR-PHX-SFO on the way back in February.
I'm stoked.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

srbmod

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:49 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 14):
Nothing planned yet, at least not a holiday.

I have a trip suggestion for you: 2008 A.net LAS Meet PT 2: Pair Of Deuces.... (by Srbmod Oct 12 2007 in Non Aviation)

RJdxer

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:59 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 3):
So far I only know one - a trip to the Outer Banks in June.

Why not join us in June for a lovely trip to Kiev and Chernobyl? I can bring your level c hazmat suit and Geiger counter!

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 8):
In April, I'm going to Las Vegas for the Third Annual A.net LAS Meet.

Myself and my wife as well at this point. All depends on the work schedule. I'm going to save my personal days for the Chernobyl trip but I am told that if I get with the scheduler he can usually work around things like this with enough advance warning.

As suggested above the big trip will be to Kiev and the rest of the Ukraine. Aside from that some small camping trips plus the usual 3-4 day trips.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

LTU932

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 pm

My plan to go to MEX this year is scrapped, but I hope to make it up some time early next year, maybe between February 27th and March 1st. No idea if I'll fly MX, CM (with a detour through PTY) or TA, but I'm currently leaning towards a flight with MX, since I can get then as early as possible into MEX.

OA260

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 pm

Jan / Greece

Feb or Mar / Trip on the A380 to SIN or maybe even SYD depends on timing.

Apr / 14 night cruise from USA to Europe

Then I have lots of city breaks and a few USA trips planned but subject to change.

Kunoichi

RE: What Are Your Travel Plans For 2008? (vacation

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Not a lot at the moment - I'll definitely be having a few trips to see my friend in Amsterdam. But that's an every-year-occurance, so I guess that doesn't count.  Smile Apart from that, I have:

March-ish: Trip to Kent, UK. Weekend Video and Gaming Marathon with a friend.
August: Trip to Edmonton, Canada. To spend 14 days with a friend. It's going to be all touristy. :P
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

tsaord

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 pm

End of January I may hope over for 2 days to NYC for the Royal Rumble

March or April I'll be in Madrid or Argentina for two weeks. It would be my first international trip.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

amigocharlie

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:54 pm

ZRH - SIN - CHC
AKL - SYD - SIN - ZRH (just to ride the A380  Wink ) in feb.

and hoping to get a lot of hops around europe!
next: STR-ZRH-MIA-JFK-ZRH-STR

don81603

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:35 am

Other than traveling for work, in 2008, I'll be headed to MEL, ASP, BNE and BDB (Tentative routing YWG-YYC-LAX-MEL-ASP-BNE-BDB-BNE-LAX-YYC-YWG) for 3 to 4 weeks, then in 2009, 3 weeks in HNL

[Edited 2007-11-22 03:36:42]
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Alessandro

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:44 am

Fishingtrip to Guinea Bissau and Archepelago de Bijago during easter.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

Aaron747

Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:36 pm

This year we're not going overseas much because work will be busy for me, maybe just a trip to California in the summer and a visit to my dad in Bangkok sometime in the spring, but we will be traveling in-country a bit.

January: Kamikouchi Nat'l Park in Nagano prefecture, one of Japan's many alpine wonderlands.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1128/538049966_2e82a95769_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1246/1465892485_957183294a_o.jpg

April: Ogasawara islands, not well known outside of Japan, but yet another tropical jewel

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/483343099_65fb097273_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/483311524_6fc8c43604_o.jpg
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

md90fan

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:01 pm

My father's hometown

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/ba/Image-Dean%27s_Blue_Hole%2C_Bahamas.jpg/800px-Image-Dean%27s_Blue_Hole%2C_Bahamas.jpg

That's the only definite thing, I'm probably heading to Brazil and New Orleans too.
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

B747forever

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:24 pm

Okey, our plans for traveling in 2008 are:

25th-28th April to BCN.

Middle of June. HAJ for a week.

End of June to end of July for LAX and from there to SFO maybe.
Work Hard, Fly Right

seb146

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:31 pm

The only thing so far is San Rafael sometime in the spring and possibly a few days in the Seaside/Astoria/Long Beach area. That's what happens with us poor working stiffs. I would like to go to Kansas City to visit family, but I don't see that happening.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

ScarletHarlot

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:55 pm

One of our cats is fighting cancer, so we've put all big trips on hold for a while. (He's doing very, very well with chemo but he needs lots of meds and we want to spend as much time with him as we can.)

I'm heading to New Jersey in January and probably will return several times during the year, since that's where I work.

We will be going to Hawaii for five days or so, probably in the first few months of 2008, just for a break.

We also want to go to Vegas for a few days of sun and fun, again probably in early 2008.

Our next big trip will be to New Zealand on Cathay Pacific - we have enough Alaska Airlines miles to go first class / business class. Looking forward to it but we can wait.
But that was when I ruled the world

MadameConcorde

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:04 pm

My dream holiday would be on board QE2 when she will set sail from Southampton for one last time on her 16-day final voyage to Dubai.

Unfortunately... it is already full...  Sad
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

bwest

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:10 pm

There are some vague plans to do a roadtrip in France in march, we did something like that 2 years ago, very nice. We'll be going to Singapore near the end of the year, and from there we'll visit some other countries in the region, don't know which ones yet.
I love my Airport Job! :)