ScarletHarlot
Topic Author

ScarletHarlot And Mr. Harlot Have A New Car

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:48 am

Yes, this is a total self-gloss, and please feel free to post cargo bays, etc.

Today Mr. Harlot and I brought home a new (to us) car. It is primarily Mr. Harlot's car and will be his daily driver but I look forward to driving it too.

It is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. It is seven months old and has about 2000 miles on it. It is GT Silver, six speed, ceramic brakes. We've been planning for this car for about three years now and have been looking seriously for one for about nine months.

It is definitely one heck of a car. I drove it today and it is surprisingly easy to drive. We haven't pushed it at all yet - we've only owned it for nine hours (!) and it's a rainy day today.  Smile

More pictures to come soon but I wanted to share this with the car guys (and girls) on here!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/ScarletHarlot126/IMAG0002.jpg
But that was when I ruled the world

flymia

RE: ScarletHarlot And Mr. Harlot Have A New Car

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:51 am

WOW! What a great car! Great pick! WOW!!!! Great car. One of my favourites! Just awesome. Have fun with it!
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

ScarletHarlot
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:55 am

Quoting FlyMIA (Reply 1):
WOW! What a great car! Great pick!

Thanks! We both love cars - I used to put Porsches on my Christmas list and give it to my dad. For some reason that never worked.  Smile

Quoting FlyMIA (Reply 1):
Have fun with it!

Thanks, we will!!

LAXspotter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:57 am

Needless to say, a beautiful car having the sleek curves of Porsche that makes it one of the most graceful cars out there.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

stasisLAX

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:58 am

Whoa, very very nice Porsche! Glad that you were able to locate exactly the car you wanted after what seemed to be a long search  bigthumbsup 
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

FighterPilot

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:00 am

[Jealous]
Yeah.....well.... who cares' it's only a car!
[/Jealous]

But seriously... Nice!  bigthumbsup 

Cal  airplane 
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*

deltagator

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:00 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Thread starter):
It is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo.

Despite the long running body style I have to say it is one of the most beautiful cars out there and has been for quite some time. I'm jealous....though I would want midnight blue with red calipers.

It is seven months old and has about 2000 miles on it.

I never understand these things when it comes to performance cars. Why is it so many of them are used and have low miles? 200 miles and under a year is barely time to break the damn thing in.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

LAXspotter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:05 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):
I never understand these things when it comes to performance cars. Why is it so many of them are used and have low miles? 200 miles and under a year is barely time to break the damn thing in.

gas prices too high, you cant drive it too much one you use all your money for it  Big grin

ScarletHarlot
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:06 am

I never understand these things when it comes to performance cars.

Yes, it worked well in our favour but it is really strange! Apparently the guy who owned it had 'too many toys' - geez!! This is a huge deal for us and we'll probably hang on to it for like ten years.

On the down side, we're going to sell my Integra, which is my first car, and which I love.  Sad

foppishbum

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:08 am

NICE!! Big grin

Cheers;
foppish bum
Taiwanese-American :D

NeilYYZ

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:24 am

Beautiful set of wheels! Congratulations!
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

LAXspotter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:26 am

Now I'm going to be waiting for a youtube video of a Porsche outrunning Cops in Canada, cant wait  hyper   Cool

yowza

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:27 am

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous. Then again in downtown Toronto I'd probably not get out of 2nd more than once a week.

YOWza

ZBBYLW

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:46 am

Hey ScarletHarlot,

Awesome Choice. I got to drive a 996 Turbo Ruff and let me tell you if that is any indication of how much fun you can have with it, you will have fun. For the record I also got to drive a 996 C4S and actually push it real hard a few times, let me just tell you that Porsche makes an amazing product, and you will have many instances where the car puts a smile onto your face.

One other question, did you happen to budget speeding tickets into your yearly budget? Or did you by the latest and greatest radar detector, let me tell you you will need it. Those cars are rock solid in their entire speed range, the difference between 100 kph and 200 kph is only noticeable by how quick things are going by you.

Enjoy,
Chris
Keep the shinny side up!

davestanKSAN

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:15 am

drool  What a beautiful, beautiful ride Mrs. ScarletHarlot!!!! Goooodness me, I'm completely jealous. I hope you really enjoy it, be safe, and have fun Big grin  bigthumbsup !!!!

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

Superfly

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:21 am

ScarletHarlot:
Congrats to you & Mr. Harlot.
I am sure that is a very fun car to drive.

I am surprised you didn't go for black instead of silver.
After all, black cars look better in the shade.  Wink
Bring back the Concorde

threefourthree

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:45 am

Lol, when i first saw this topic, i thought it would be some really crap car like a Nissan Micra. But no! its a Porsche! I hope one day to own a 911.
Great choice of car  Smile

DAL767400ER

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:15 am

I envy you Big grin . Awesome car, and the silver paintjob works perfect on the 911's sleek lines. Bet you'll have lots of fun with it, even though you can't (legally) go full throttle with it on Canada's roads  Silly .

airfoilsguy

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:42 am

Nice car, and here is what Mr. Dog has to say.

It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

aerorobnz

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:46 am

Does it have the Chrono Sport pack, with the overboost button? That is standard on NZ ordered cars, but an option elsewhere

basically as far as performance cars go, they depreciate even faster with medium to high mileage, and the reason people sell is so they don't lose as much money on their car purchase.. Also fashion changes very quickly in the performance car world, and if a Porsche 997 Turbo might be the car to have one week, it might be a Lamborghini gallardo the next, and a Ferrari 430 the week after..This can affect second hand prices. A lot of performance cars need major servicing that are really expensive, so it is common to find lots of 10,000 mile cars that require 12,000 check ups etc etc.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

dl021

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:51 pm

I was wondering how you'd top that last car I saw......I guess this is it!

April, that's a beautiful car and I'm JEALOUS!.

Oh, and as far as all the technical and resale mumbo-jumbo.....forget all that crap. If someone doesn't drive it because they can't afford the maintenance then they can't afford the car. I'm fairly certain Scarlot and Mr. don't have that issue.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

cerretaman

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:21 pm

Awesome pick!!! And you got in the 6 speed!!
u mad cause i'm stylin' on you?

yooyoo

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Love that car, actually it's my dream car!
And my colour of choice.
Congratulations and have fun!!
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

aerobalance

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Hey, very nice!

Enjoy the toy!
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

searpqx

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:55 pm

So you're volunteering to provide personalized door-to-door transfer service for the next SEA meet?  duck 

Seriously, nice set of wheels. And its supposed to be sunny on Thursday - so get out and enjoy!
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

ANCFlyer

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Very nice car April . . .

At least you have some place to drive it down in the Lower 48 . . . . couldn't find a place up here to let it 'run'.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

767Lover

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 8):

I never understand these things when it comes to performance cars.

Yes, it worked well in our favour but it is really strange!

It could be one of two reasons:

We have a good friend who recently purchased a Porsche (I don't recall the model) and was completely excited because it was on his list of life goals for years...and he finally got it.

He ended up getting rid of it about 3 weeks later. He said it was because he felt completely paranoid driving it. For one thing, he has a 30-mile commute each way every day, and he felt like he was putting too many miles on it. PLus he felt like he was a target for speed traps. He also worried about it getting hit in traffic.

We were shocked, but he seemed convinced he needed to sell it.

The other reason could be a low WAF rating. (Wife Acceptance Factor)

Anyway, congrats SH--and enjoy it!

andessmf

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:49 pm

I would LOVE to welcome that 'baby' into our family, too!

Congratulations!

Gemuser

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 2):
Thanks! We both love cars - I used to put Porsches on my Christmas list and give it to my dad. For some reason that never worked.

Hah! I have a now twenty year old daughter who has been doing the same thing since she was 10, except she wants a Ferrari! I suspect she'll have about the same success you had  Smile She does have a rather impressive collection of models of them however.

Gemuser
DC23468910;B72172273373G73873H74374475275376377L77W;A319 320321332333343;BAe146;C402;DHC6;F27;L188;MD80MD85

aerorobnz

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting Gemuser (Reply 28):
I have a now twenty year old daughter who has been doing the same thing since she was 10, except she wants a Ferrari! I suspect she'll have about the same success you had Smile She does have a rather impressive collection of models of them however.

hmmmm a 20 year old Ferrari loving girl....I've been looking for one of those for quite a while... Wink
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

jetmech

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:18 am

Nice set of wheels Scarlet! Is your particular car four wheel drive? Can I come to Canada and take if for a spin? I promise I will not do any burnouts  Wink ! How about some engine and interior pictures? Can you put it up on a hoist and get some photos of the drive-train?

Regards, JetMech
JetMech split the back of his pants. He can feel the wind in his hair :shock: .

fxramper

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 18):

Best reply in this thread.

I'm a beamer man, fyi.

Emirates773ER

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:31 am

Usually I don't reply to self gloss threads, but Scarelot you stunned me wit that picture you put on. Can we know the price?
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

ScarletHarlot
Topic Author

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:40 am

Hey guys (and girls), thanks for all the nice responses (and one pooping dog!).

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 11):
Now I'm going to be waiting for a youtube video of a Porsche outrunning Cops in Canada, cant wait

That probably won't be us. We are Canadians but we live in Seattle.  Smile We can't risk our immigation status so we have to stay out of serious trouble.  Smile

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 13):
let me just tell you that Porsche makes an amazing product, and you will have many instances where the car puts a smile onto your face.

Oh yes! We already have a Boxster and that car has given us many smiles. I know this one will too. It is odd how familiar the 911 feels - it was comfortable and familiar immediately - must be because of having the Boxster.

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 13):
One other question, did you happen to budget speeding tickets into your yearly budget? Or did you by the latest and greatest radar detector,

The guy who originally owned the car put a radar detector in it and it surprised Mr. Harlot the first time he drove it...he did not know it was there and suddenly the car started barking "K BAND! K BAND!"  Smile I think Mr. Harlot will drive the car on the track and hopefully that's where all speeds well in excess of legal limits will occur.  Smile

Quoting Superfly (Reply 15):
I am surprised you didn't go for black instead of silver.
After all, black cars look better in the shade.

Hee hee! 'Fly, we actually looked at a black one before this one (and put an offer on it but the guy withdrew it from sale) and that is exactly what I said to Mr. Harlot! Our (Canadian) neighbours across the street had three black cars and I said to Mr. Harlot that that is why they have so many black cars!

Quoting AerorobNZ (Reply 19):
Does it have the Chrono Sport pack, with the overboost button?

Yes it does.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 20):
I was wondering how you'd top that last car I saw......I guess this is it!

Well Ian, they both serve different purposes...can you believe it, the M-B is now the "practical" car!  Smile

Quoting Cerretaman (Reply 21):
And you got in the 6 speed!!

Definitely! Wouldn't get anything else. My Mercedes is automatic and I was really disappointed that that was the only option offered. Our other cars have all been stick shifts.

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 24):
So you're volunteering to provide personalized door-to-door transfer service for the next SEA meet?

For one person at a time only! I tried getting in the backseat yesterday when Mr. Harlot was going to take one of our friends for a ride. I had my butt in one seat and my feet in the other, but as soon as our friend put the seat back into usual position, I became claustrophobic and had to get out. Man, the 2+2 backseat is really small! But definitely you guys will see it next meet.  Smile

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 26):
He ended up getting rid of it about 3 weeks later. He said it was because he felt completely paranoid driving it. For one thing, he has a 30-mile commute each way every day, and he felt like he was putting too many miles on it. PLus he felt like he was a target for speed traps. He also worried about it getting hit in traffic.

We were shocked, but he seemed convinced he needed to sell it.

The other reason could be a low WAF rating. (Wife Acceptance Factor)

We bought the car to be Mr. Harlot's daily driver. He works about 18 miles away so it will get good usage. We buy our cars to drive them. Definitely the WAF rating won't be a problem with us - I'm the wife! Mr. Harlot is a lucky man to have a wife who loves cars just as much as he does.  Smile

Quoting Gemuser (Reply 28):
Hah! I have a now twenty year old daughter who has been doing the same thing since she was 10, except she wants a Ferrari! I suspect she'll have about the same success you had

This girl sounds totally cool - I think I would get along well with her! Someone's raised her right.  Smile Hey, you never know - maybe my dad didn't get me a Porsche but now there are two in my garage!!

Quoting JetMech (Reply 30):
Nice set of wheels Scarlet! Is your particular car four wheel drive? Can I come to Canada and take if for a spin? I promise I will not do any burnouts ! How about some engine and interior pictures? Can you put it up on a hoist and get some photos of the drive-train?

Thanks! It is all-wheel drive. You can go to Canada all you want but you won't find our car there.  Smile But regardless, no, no taking it out.  Smile We'll work on more pictures - we were out all day today so had no time to take pictures in the daylight.

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 32):
Can we know the price?

Nope, sorry.  Smile

ZBBYLW

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:55 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 33):
Oh yes! We already have a Boxster and that car has given us many smiles. I know this one will too. It is odd how familiar the 911 feels - it was comfortable and familiar immediately - must be because of having the Boxster.

You will be surprised, while the Boxster and the 911 feel similar, while pushing it, to me it feels the Boxster almost handles around corners a bit better (no power on) and has that riding on rails feeling to it. When pushing a 911 (Keep in mind these are only 996's) it feels there is more of a brute-ness to it. You have to really stay ahead of that car! The Turbo Ruff in particular you have to REALLY stay ahead of. When pushing it if you spend a second to long on the accelerator your next corner is going to be REALLY tight! Anyways best of luck, the 997 looks like an amazing car, have fun!
Keep the shinny side up!

jafa39

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:06 am

I'm not a major Porsche fan but it is always good to see one of my mates getting themselves the toys they love and deserve.

Good on yer Harlots!!!  Smile

XXXXX
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

LAXspotter

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:12 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 33):
Nope, sorry

Look it up on Wikipedia, it cant be too far off, whatever the price is the Harlots are doing well  Big grin

falstaff

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:32 pm

I know what you mean. I see older hot cars with few miles on them even when they are 20 years old. If I had a hot ride like that I would cruise all over town in that thing.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 35):
I'm not a major Porsche fan but it is always good to see one of my mates getting themselves the toys they love and deserve.

Me too. I am not much of a Porche guy, but I do love the 914 (6 cylinder model) for some reason.

Quoting Cerretaman (Reply 21):
And you got in the 6 speed!!

That is great, I never figured out why people buy sports cars with automatics.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Kay

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Today Mr. Harlot and I brought home a new (to us) car. It is primarily Mr. Harlot's car and will be his daily driver but I look forward to driving it too.

Fabulous car you got there, it's very quick and on rails. Enjoy it!

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 34):
You will be surprised, while the Boxster and the 911 feel similar, while pushing it, to me it feels the Boxster almost handles around corners a bit better (no power on) and has that riding on rails feeling to it. When pushing a 911 (Keep in mind these are only 996's) it feels there is more of a brute-ness to it. You have to really stay ahead of that car! The Turbo Ruff in particular you have to REALLY stay ahead of.

1- The standard turbo is not really brutal, neither the 996 nor the 997, they're both insanely fast cars but not rugged or brutal. Not too tricky to drive neither because of the all wheel drive. The GT3s yes rugged, a bit brutal, and very tricky to drive. The GT2 sick.

2- The Boxster handles in a more controllable and easy way than the 911. It's just slightly less envolving because the engine is in the perfect place, as opposed to the 911, and this is what makes the 911 the special car that all enthusiasts love. On the other hand, if there was a 430bhp Porsche Cayman it would beat the 911 on the track, but that's the trick there isn't. Regardless, the 911 is by far of course my favourite.

3- If you're comparing handling, the 996 isn't bad at all, despite the fact that it is the least cherished by the enthusiasts and collectors in the future.

Kay

aerobalance

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 37):

In this case, the automatic is faster in acceleration - the engine is always on boost through the shifts. Yet it doesn't give you ideal control over the machine as opposed to a manual. Who drag races Porsches anyways - they're meant for the twisty bits!

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-turbo/featuresandspecs/
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

Kay

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:13 pm

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 39):
In this case, the automatic is faster in acceleration - the engine is always on boost through the shifts. Yet it doesn't give you ideal control over the machine as opposed to a manual. Who drag races Porsches anyways - they're meant for the twisty bits!

Totally agree. The most overrated excuse (and a rather recent one, since the 996) for stuffing an auto box in a friggin' Porsche. If you long so much for straight-line acceleration, you can spec the X50 option, which separates the enthusiasts ready to sacrifice $$$ for a small benefit from the people who spec the tiptronic because of traffic (ruining a 100,000Euro Porsche in the process), or you can mod the car at some specialized manufacturers out there who do it without affecting the Porsche warranty. Not that I would that to gain a fraction of a second on the 0-60, when for me how a car drives is almost as important as how fast it goes.

By the way the gap is 0.2seconds in European websites:
http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911/911-turbo/featuresandspecs/

I've driven a tiptronic for a few hours, and I can't imagine something worse for a car. It shifts upwards by itself (whatever happened to taking corners with the engine on high rpm without upshifting? it doesn't let you in the tip, tried it), it shifts downwards before you want it to when you're cruising, and the buttons on the steering wheel are small, and redundant because the auto box would have done everything before you wanted to and at the wrong time anyway, except when you press, which is when it will do things too late because of latency.. it ruins the experience.
The only reason for speccing the tiptronic is when one has a medical condition.

Now that being said, the 7 gear dual clutch gearbox will be available next year, and that one may fare differently but let's wait and see.

Kay

bok269

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:18 pm

Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  Wow!

Simply gorgeous! Congrats and enjoy!
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

ZBBYLW

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Quoting Kay (Reply 38):
- The standard turbo is not really brutal, neither the 996 nor the 997

Oh really good to know, I knew having 550 bhp in it would make a difference, but I have always assumed that the Regular Turbo models where a bit of a handful as well. The C4S was amazing, did everything you want it too. I am going to then assume that the Turbo handles well, just as more power. On the Turbo RUF it really seems like just a ball of power, no other way to discribe it, you press on the right pedal, and your gone.
Keep the shinny side up!

Kay

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:41 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 42):
I knew having 550 bhp in it would make a difference.

It does  Smile  Smile

I have always assumed that the Regular Turbo models where a bit of a handful as well.

Not since the 993. Two things happened, it got an all wheel drive system and received two smaller Turbos for a smoother power delivery.

The C4S was amazing, did everything you want it too. I am going to then assume that the Turbo handles well, just as more power.

Because the C4s is all set to be a Turbo (same chassis, tires, widebody, brakes, but also heavier), it's the smoothest 911, very safe but for some, it's a bit wanting in power because it's a Turbo with a regular engine. The Turbo is actually more an of all rounder, but don't misunderstand me, the Turbo is blistering fast, although tamed and safe.

On the Turbo RUF it really seems like just a ball of power, no other way to discribe it, you press on the right pedal, and your gone.

Never drove a RUF and would love to because yes the Turbo RUFs are violent and so are most of the RUF cars as well. Wherever you look in the RUF range, it will be a ball of power. They are Porsches under influence.

Kay

SBBRTech

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Way to go Scarlet, this is an amazing machine!

Just a curiosity: for how much does a toy like that go in WA. ?

[Edited 2007-11-22 04:41:27]
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO

HAWK21M

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Fantastic.
Congrats.
Ever conside letting an Anetter take it for a spin  wink 

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

deltagator

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:02 pm

A lot of performance cars need major servicing that are really expensive, so it is common to find lots of 10,000 mile cars that require 12,000 check ups etc etc.

Yep. High performance engines with super tight tolerances need work a lot. I'd still take a Porsche or Ferrari in a second despite the work they require.

My uncle has two Porsche 928s. One to drive and one for parts.

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 8):
This is a huge deal for us and we'll probably hang on to it for like ten years.

On the down side, we're going to sell my Integra, which is my first car,

I can imagine it will be around a while especially if you still own an Integra.

Also fashion changes very quickly in the performance car world, and if a Porsche 997 Turbo might be the car to have one week, it might be a Lamborghini gallardo the next, and a Ferrari 430 the week after..This can affect second hand prices.

And that is what just boggles my mind. I was looking at Maserati Quattroportes recently and there were a ton of used ones here in ATL that had 1000-2000 miles on them. Either they suck as a car, people got in over their head, or they are just chuckleheads with a small penis trying to compete with their so-called friends and trashy babes who chase smalll package guys with cars.

All I know is that if I had any of the cars you mentioned I'd be getting my money's worth out of them by driving it every day.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

ScarletHarlot
Topic Author

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Here are more pics!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/ScarletHarlot126/Porsche911014.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/ScarletHarlot126/Porsche911006.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/ScarletHarlot126/Porsche911005.jpg

Mr. Harlot did not take any interior photos yet because he forgot the keys when he took these shots.

ScarletHarlot
Topic Author

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 35):
Good on yer Harlots!!!

Thanks Andy dear!  Smile

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 37):

My Mercedes is an automatic. That's not what I wanted, but that's all it came with. It is nice to have an automatic when we go into Seattle, because of all the hills. But I would have preferred a stick shift.

Quoting SBBRTech (Reply 44):
Way to go Scarlet, this is an amazing machine! Just a curiosity: for how much does a toy like that go in WA. ?

Thank you! But I'm not telling the price.  Smile

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 45):
Ever conside letting an Anetter take it for a spin

Only two A.nutters get to drive it, MEL - me and Mr. Harlot!  Smile I'm sure some nutters will get to drive in it at some point.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 46):
All I know is that if I had any of the cars you mentioned I'd be getting my money's worth out of them by driving it every day.

Oh yes, that is exactly what we will do. My Mercedes is my daily driver, although I work from home so I don't go out every day. Mr. Harlot has had the Boxster as his daily driver since 1999 and now the 911 and Boxster will share that role. The Mercedes will take over hockey duties from the Integra - which is kind of nuts! We also have to figure out how to put a bike rack on one of the cars. We put a trailer hitch on the Integra and got a bike rack that fits into it. I don't want a roof-mounted rack because I don't have the strength in my arms to lift a bike that high, and I don't really want a trunk-mounted rack for the CLK. So I think we are going to look into putting a trailer hitch on the CLK. That will be just crazy - a trailer hitch on a CLK 55!

HAWK21M

Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:04 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 48):
Only two A.nutters get to drive it, MEL - me and Mr. Harlot! I'm sure some nutters will get to drive in it at some point.

Is there a List  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)