Falcon84
Topic Author

New Mini Clubman: What Do You Think

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:45 am

Occasionally, I go on the MINIUSA site, and build a MINI. Went on there today, and they had added the new MINI Clubman.

http://miniusa.com/404.html#/MINIUSA.COM-m

Build one, or take a look at it online, and give us your take.
Work Right, Fly Hard

andz

RE: New Mini Clubman: What Do You Think

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:48 am

I was in the UK last week and they are bombarding the public with ads for it on TV. I think it looks pretty good, I still wouldn't buy one though.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

foppishbum

Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:10 am

I like it! It's really practical for road trips...enough space for bags for two. Big grin It has the horsepower to do a crosscountry trip! I wouldn't mind having one if I have the money  tongue  . Right now, maintaining one car on my own is bad enough.

Cheers,
foppish bum
Taiwanese-American :D

egmcman

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:15 pm

I think they are ok but isn't the back door on the wrong side for right hand drive markets?

Boeing74741R

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:17 pm

The Mini Clubman is completely useless for the UK (and anywhere else with right-hand drive cars). The rear door is on the right-hand side so when mother is dropping off the children at the school gate they'll clamber out on the right-hand side and then will get run down by a passing bus...I can see it now!

Mini says that if the door was put on the left-hand side they would have to move the fuel filler cap and the fuel line leading to the tank, blah blah blah! To me it's laziness on the manufacturer's side, and this car is meant to be British!!!