RJdxer
Topic Author

Stem Cell Research Takes A New Turn

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:39 am

I wonder how long it will be before the press acknowledges that the President was right about this one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22046542/

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/5340219.html

I also wonder if Michael J. Fox will call the President and aplogize. I doubt it but it sure would be a nice gesture.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

AirTranTUS

RE: Stem Cell Research Takes A New Turn

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:54 am

Quoting RJdxer (Thread starter):
I wonder how long it will be before the press acknowledges that the President was right about this one.

Never. They will just keep making excuses so they don't have to pat anyone else on the back. This is good news for science though.
I love ASO!

graphic

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:59 am

I stopped reading it after "an unholy trinity of democratic politicians." That article was so biased its like a five year old screaming "TOLD YOU SO TOLD YOU SO!"

Good news for science though.
Demand Media fails at life

AirCop

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:21 am

But it came at a price --- the method may be safer, but it is also less efficient.

This what science is all about exploring the unknown, will this process work in the long run who knows. But the question still remains to reject a process for no other reason than moral reasons, is still an undesirable trait in a leader.

Quoting Graphic (Reply 2):
stopped reading it after "an unholy trinity of democratic politicians." That article was so biased its like a five year old screaming "TOLD YOU SO TOLD YOU SO!"

checkmark  The author of this article has been nothing more than a cheerleader for the Republican party his entire career.

AirCop

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:29 pm

From this morning New York Times:

Any claim that Mr. Bush’s moral stance drove scientists to this discovery must be greeted with particular skepticism. The primary discoverer of the new techniques is a Japanese scientist who was not subject to the president’s restrictions. The senior scientist on the American team told reporters that the political controversy and Bush restrictions set the research effort back about four to five years.

seb146

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:20 pm

IMO, research still needs to be done on embryonic stem cells to find out how they work so well and how to get skin cells to work like embryonic stem cells. The MSNBC article is interesting and factual. I could only stomach the first three lines of the Chronicle article before my retnas started to burn. I am glad scientists are finding ways to use existing skin cells and I hope cures for cancer, Parkensons, ALS, HIV/AIDS can be found from this. However, the Republican cheerleading is premature. Much more research needs to be done.
Life in the wall is a drag.