Falcon84
Topic Author

Ohio State Buckeyes Title-Game Bound

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:56 am

Thank you, University of Pittsburgh! Thank you! And the Buckeyes are headed to the National Championship game again!

Now the bigger question. IF Oklahoma holds on to their lead on Missouri, WHO will play Ohio State? It should NOT be Georgia, who didn't win their conference division, let along their conference. Won-loss wise, it should be Kansas, perhaps, but like Georgia, didn't win their division nor their conference?

LSU?
West Virginia?
USC?
Missiouri?

Hell, I think Hawaii should get the shot, to be honest.

Either way, the BUCKEYES are in! WOOHOO!!
Work Right, Fly Hard

aa61hvy

RE: Ohio State Buckeyes Title-Game Bound

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:05 am

This will be the first year I've seen a team fall ass backwards into a title game... They did nothing, yet get a shot at the title...Luckeyes...
Go big or go home

dl021

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:09 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
Now the bigger question. IF Oklahoma holds on to their lead on Missouri, WHO will play Ohio State? It should NOT be Georgia, who didn't win their conference division, let along their conference. Won-loss wise, it should be Kansas, perhaps, but like Georgia, didn't win their division nor their conference?

UGA is the next highest ranking team, and if Mizzou loses then UGA deserves that title shot.

I can't believe WVA lost...wow.....this is the end of the BCS system as we know it. But UGA deserves that shot... Ohio State didn't even play a conference championship...they backed into the system and avoided the whole thing by design. There's no basis for saying that UGA doesn't deserve it.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 1):
This will be the first year I've seen a team fall ass backwards into a title game... They did nothing, yet get a shot at the title...Luckeyes...

You freaking sour puss. Were they lucky? Yes. But only in the sense that EVERY FREAKING TEAM ahead of them that had their destiny in their own hands LOST. Maybe instead of saying OSU fell bass ackwards INTO the game, that all these supposed great teams fell ass backwards OUT of the title game? Blame them, dude.

I've never seen someone who hates Ohio as much as your. Freaking hilarious.
Work Right, Fly Hard

JetBlueGuy2006

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:15 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
You freaking sour puss. Were they lucky? Yes. But only in the sense that EVERY FREAKING TEAM ahead of them that had their destiny in their own hands LOST. Maybe instead of saying OSU fell bass ackwards INTO the game, that all these supposed great teams fell ass backwards OUT of the title game? Blame them, dude.

Do they deserve it though, probably not? The Big Ten doesn't have a traditional conference title game. They haven't done anything the last 2 weeks and still get into the national title game.

However, this is good for Michigan State as it increases the chance that we will go to Orlando to play in the Champs Sports Bowl.

Congrats OSU, I guess

Signed:

The Students of Michigan State University. At least it is not UMich.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:17 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 2):
UGA is the next highest ranking team, and if Mizzou loses then UGA deserves that title shot.

I don't think they deserve it, not will they get it. How can they go ahead of LSU, who won the SEC? Georgia didn't even make the title game-hell, didn't even win their division.

Let's look at everyone else.

Kansas. Based on won-loss, they'd seem a logical choice, but, like Georgia, didn't win their division or conference.
Virginia Tech. Won the ACC, but lost big to LSU early on in the year.
LSU. Won the SEC, but the SEC doesn't seem so high and mighty now. And LSU struggled to win 3 or 4 games.
Missiouri: Not after losing (it looks like) twice to Oklahoma.
Oklahoma. Lost to two teams that shouldn't have beat the, Colorado and Texas Tech, but looks like they'll win the Big 12.
USC: Won the PAC-10, But the loss to lowly Stanford just kills them.

I'd have to say, honestly, it should be between Kansas, Oklahoma and LSU. I think Georgia gets kicked down a few spots, but I don't think the same fate will meet Kansas. I think it'll be Kansas and Ohio State.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:18 am

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Reply 4):
The Big Ten doesn't have a traditional conference title game.

Uh, title games aren't "traditional". Most have been alive less than a decade. It's only through the expansion of the conferences that the title game was born. That shouldn't matter one bit. IF the Big 10 adds another team, and makes it an even 12, then I think they go to 2 divisions, and an eventual title game. But that really doesn't matter right now. You play the games you play.
Work Right, Fly Hard

aa61hvy

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:25 am

Take a pill old man, I don't hate Ohio. I went to school in that state for 4 years by choice. I dislike Ohio State fans, plain and simple. I'm not the only one...
Go big or go home

JetBlueGuy2006

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:27 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 6):
But that really doesn't matter right now. You play the games you play.

True, but it is kind of uneven when teams play a different number of games. I would like to see the Big Ten add another team and split into 2 divisions. But then the question becomes how do you split the teams? OSU and Michigan go in different divisions then MSU probably goes into the same division with Michigan.

How it would shake out: (Off the top of my head)

East Division:

Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Purdue
New Team

West Division

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa
Ohio State
Illinois
Northwestern

No real reason behind it, just what I can think of.
But, this does help MSU and the Big Ten. It shifts everyone up a tier as it leaves another non-BCS bowl. I think MSU will be in Orlando along with Michigan and play in the Champs Sports Bowl.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

MSYtristar

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:27 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
Georgia didn't even make the title game-hell, didn't even win their division.

Georgia won't go the the BCS game. Not a chance. If they won the East (ie, didn't get killed by Tennessee), then it would a whole diff. ball game. I don't think LSU will go, either. They are a lock for the Sugar Bowl, so either way, LSU will be playing in New Orleans in January...just perhaps not in the game they would have wanted to.

itsnotfinals

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:29 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 7):
Ohio State fans, plain and simple. I'm not the only one...

Why?

O...H.......
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:30 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 9):

The way OU is pasting Missouri right now, I may have to give the Sooners the nod.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Tom in NO

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:31 am

Georgia doesn't go...not even making the SEC title game is reason for the voters to keep them out of the BCS title game.....they'll likely replace LSU at the Sugar Bowl.

To me, the kicker will likely be whether or not LSU (now #7) can jump Virginia Tech (now #6) in the standings. Both lost two games, however LSU stomped the Hokies in the second game of the season...and both LSU losses came in triple overtime.

LSU dropped from 1 to 7 last week...anything's possible...they could make it back up to 2 tomorrow.

Tom at MSY (on the CrackBerry)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

tb727

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:33 am

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 10):

O...H.......

I.......O.......

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

bhmbaglock

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 2):

It won't happen but I'd love to see UGA-LSU play in the big game. Unlike OSU they both played a tough schedule.

Georgia didn't even make the title game-hell, didn't even win their division.

No, they tied for it and lost the tie breaker. They are on a hell of a roll and absolutely one of the best teams around.

I think Georgia gets kicked down a few spots,

If UGA is penalized for not playing today, why shouldn't the same happen to OSU?

LSU. Won the SEC, but the SEC doesn't seem so high and mighty now.

Three teams in the top 10 and one playing for the National Championship, 8 or 9 teams bowling. Yeah, I guess it is a down year for the SEC.
Where are all of my respected members going?

itsnotfinals

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:36 am

Big version: Width: 150 Height: 145 File size: 5kb

Oklahoma ...you rock too  Smile
Speedbird 178 Heavy, FINAL runway 27L

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:45 am

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 14):
Unlike OSU they both played a tough schedule

If you want to call LSU's playing Middle Tennesse St, Tulane and Louisiana Tech tough.  

If you want to call Georgia beating Western Carolina and Troy tough.  

Another crock of crap put over by the blinded SEC lovers on here.

Oh, by the way, the Big 10 only had one team under .500 for the year.

If UGA is penalized for not playing today, why shouldn't the same happen to OSU?

Not saying they'll get penalized for not playing today. They get penalized for not WINNING anything. How can they go ahead of LSU, who at least WON the SEC title. It's idiocy. And OSU WON the Big 10 title. Big difference. Bottom line: Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, LSU and USC ALL should be ahead of Georgia.

I could be wrong, but the way OU is routing Mizzou, they could end up in the title game.

[Edited 2007-12-01 20:48:07]
Work Right, Fly Hard

tz757300

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:23 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 2):

I can't believe WVA lost...wow

I can't believe we lost either. Of all of the teams, we lose to PITT????? I mean, if we lost to a respectable team, I wouldn't be so livid about this, but PITT? Coach Rich Rod let us down in SOOOOO many ways tonight.

I can't believe we lost...

But for something happy, our men's b-ball team won and I met chuck yeager.

[Edited 2007-12-01 21:24:36]
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

ouboy79

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 am

We should probably get the Mods to combine these threads into just one title match up thread...otherwise we are going to end up with a lot of duplicate posting.

See my comparrisons on the OU/MU thread about schedules and crap of the teams that I think should only be considered for going to New Orleans.
Official Big 12 Title Thread: OU V. Mizzou (by Falcon84 Dec 1 2007 in Non Aviation)

bhmbaglock

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:46 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 16):
If you want to call LSU's playing Middle Tennesse St, Tulane and Louisiana Tech tough.

and 7 bowl teams with more than half of their games against ranked opponents.

If you want to call Georgia beating Western Carolina and Troy tough.

If you don't think Troy is tough this year then you're not paying attention, not a great team but definitely a good one. How about Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, and Kentucky? Not an overly tough schedule by SEC standards but still much tougher than most.

Oh wow, OSU had one opponent over the season who's still ranked, Top 20 ....barely. Didn't play a single team ranked in the Top 20 at the time of the game all year.

Let's check with the NCAA on SOS at http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...hest%20schedule/ia_9games_cumm.pdf :

SEC - 4 teams in top 10, median SOS ~ 22, mean ~24 - only one team in the entire Conference lower than OSU at 46

Big 10/11 - 2 teams in top 10, median SOS = 46, mean ~ 44

For specific teams, UGA - 19, LSU - 35, OSU - 46

and has all of two ranked teams. Let's put this in perspective. Ole Miss sucked by SEC standards at 0-8 in conference and 3-1 out of conference. Their one out of conference loss was 38-25 to Missouri. Vandy was also "bad" but had three losses to Top 25 teams that were within a touchdown and one win over a Top 10 team.
Where are all of my respected members going?

767Lover

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:02 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 2):

UGA is the next highest ranking team,

They don't deserve to go to the national championship.

I don't think they deserve it, not will they get it. How can they go ahead of LSU, who won the SEC? Georgia didn't even make the title game-hell, didn't even win their division.

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 12):
Georgia doesn't go...not even making the SEC title game is reason for the voters to keep them out of the BCS title game.....

And the fact that Georgia lost to South Carolina is enough reason to not let them go. If we're looking at schedules and the quality of wins/losses in terms of the opponents involved, Georgia doesn't deserve anything more.

The SEC gets more respect than it deserves. Around here it's like no other conference exists.

USAFHummer

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:11 am

Unfortunately, there is a past precedence for the BCS to send a team that didn't win their division and thus their conference to the national championship...In 2001, Nebraska went to the title game despite not even winning the Big 12 North thanks to a thrashing by Colorado (the infamous 62-36 game)...
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

CO7e7

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:39 am

Quoting Itsnotfinals (Reply 10):
O...H.......

I O

Go Buckeyes!!

RayChuang

Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:06 am

We now have a "perfect storm" of a mess in regards to the Bowl Championship Series.

Ohio State literally lucked out and is now one contender, but who will they play? LSU? Georgia? Virginia Tech? USC? Oklahoma? G** help us all.  Wow!

Gatorman96

Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:47 am

Falcon, reminds me of the 2006 Gators...We basically backed our way in to the MNC and the rest is history. I feel like you guys are destined to win it this year. Good luck...Can't wait to see who you'll play!!
Cha brro

EA CO AS

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:38 am

Unlike OSU they both played a tough schedule

Interesting to hear this coming from a fan of a team that played such powerhouses as Youngstown State, Akron, and even mighty Kent State High School...  Wink

OSU and LSU in the National Championship game. Write that down (even though it sickens me to say it).
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Pope

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:25 pm

Won the SEC, but the SEC doesn't seem so high and mighty now. And LSU struggled to win 3 or 4 games.

Say what you want. I think OSU still has nightmares about the SEC. I don't think you'll see them talking smack this year after what happened to them last year.

The SEC is without a doubt the strongest conference in the country right now.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

nonrevman

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm

don't think they deserve it, not will they get it. How can they go ahead of LSU, who won the SEC? Georgia didn't even make the title game-hell, didn't even win their division.

Unfortunately, winning your conference does not seem to factor in to the BCS decision. Nebraska pmce got in without winning the Big 12 North. In fact they did not even appear in the Big 12 title game. They basically got in by default.

A couple of years later, Oklahoma lost the Big 12 Title game and still got in the National Championship game.

If Georgia makes it in by default, it will certainly not be the first time.

RJdxer

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Quoting RayChuang (Reply 23):
We now have a "perfect storm" of a mess in regards to the Bowl Championship Series.

Ohio State literally lucked out and is now one contender, but who will they play?

I'm from Ohio and I have to agree they lucked out. Since this is a poll subject to considerable input from humans instead of a scientific breakdown though, I don't think they should go. Considering their loss was to un-ranked Illinois and Kansas only loss was to ranked Missouri, I think Kansas ought to go before Ohio State does. Make it West Virgina vs. Kansas. Get some new blood in there.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

dl021

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Won-loss wise, it should be Kansas, perhaps, but like Georgia, didn't win their division nor their conference?

Look at strength of schedule.

Kansas. Based on won-loss, they'd seem a logical choice, but, like Georgia, didn't win their division or conference.

So?

Wow...that's a fairly contentious statement....wonder why...are Ohio State fans afraid to play another SEC team?

And LSU struggled to win 3 or 4 games

I'd guess so....LSU struggled to win two games against ranked teams....they were in knife fights and they found a way to win.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 6):
title games aren't "traditional". Most have been alive less than a decade. It's only through the expansion of the conferences that the title game was born. That shouldn't matter one bit

There's a scholarly explanation for why Ohio State and Big 10 has avoided having to play another game when the rest of big time college football has grown.

I dislike Ohio State fans, plain and simple

is it because they think their team is annointed by the Almighty? Or because they immediately forgot the tyranny of Woody Hayes (RIP) and his antics in order to erect a statue and rosy up the memories?

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 12):
LSU dropped from 1 to 7 last week...anything's possible...they could make it back up to 2 tomorrow.

Tom at MSY (on the CrackBerry)

Spoken like a true hometeam fan......keep hoping....if it's not UGA then it needs to be LSU.....the only reason you've seen SEC teams lose some games is that they keep playing other SEC teams.

It won't happen but I'd love to see UGA-LSU play in the big game. Unlike OSU they both played a tough schedule.

That'd be an awesome game.

Fair question.

Three teams in the top 10 and one playing for the National Championship, 8 or 9 teams bowling. Yeah, I guess it is a down year for the SEC.

Yeah.....that SEC doesn't seem to be able to compete....how many other SEC teams were ranked?

Yeah...well they WERE playing other Big Ten teams when they weren't beating up on Youngstown State

Not saying they'll get penalized for not playing today. They get penalized for not WINNING anything

Other than several big games against ranked teams.

Quoting TZ757300 (Reply 17):
I met chuck yeager.

WOW...seriously...that's very cool. I'm jealous. I met Paul Tibbets once....I'd love to meet Yeager.

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 19):
Oh wow, OSU had one opponent over the season who's still ranked, Top 20 ....barely. Didn't play a single team ranked in the Top 20 at the time of the game all year.

Seems a little weak to me....

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 20):
Quoting DL021 (Reply 2):

UGA is the next highest ranking team,

They don't deserve to go to the national championship.

LALALALALALALALAL...I can't hear you!...LLALALALALALALALA

And the fact that Georgia lost to South Carolina is enough reason to not let them go.

Nah...SC was ranked at the time and they have Spurrier at the helm.

The SEC gets more respect than it deserves. Around here it's like no other conference exists.

Well, that's not fair. We acknowledge the ACC.... (we acknowledge their inferiority, but we acknowledge them...and pull for them when they ain't playing UGA).  Wink

Quoting Gatorman96 (Reply 24):
Falcon, reminds me of the 2006 Gators...We basically backed our way in to the MNC and the rest is history. I feel like you guys are destined to win it this year. Good luck...Can't wait to see who you'll play!!

Yeah...Ohio State would just as soon rather avoid the SEC if it could.....maybe they'll get to play Hawaii or something!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:29 pm

and 7 bowl teams with more than half of their games against ranked opponents.

Well, let's take a look here at Ohio State's schedule: looks like 6 teams will make bowl games. OSU beat ranked opponents in Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin. Not bad.

Your point? You bitch about OSU's weak schedule. Yet LSU picked on 3 real creampuffs. But I guess that's different, eh?  Yeah sure

Oh wow, OSU ony had one loss. I don't care how soft or tough your schedule is, you have to win the games you play. LSU failed twice to do so. So did Georgia. So did everyone in that conference. They're more deserving than LSU or Georgia to be playing in the title game. Remember, LSU was damn lucky to win 2 or 3 other games. Yes, they easily could be unbeaten, but easily could have 5 losses.

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 21):
Unfortunately, there is a past precedence for the BCS to send a team that didn't win their division and thus their conference to the national championship...In 2001, Nebraska went to the title game despite not even winning the Big 12 North thanks to a thrashing by Colorado (the infamous 62-36 game)...

Yes, but the BCS and the voters got away from that scenario last year, didn't they? Michigan was comfortably ahead of Florida last year going into the OSU game, and that's why you had so much talk of a "rematch" no matter who won the OSU-UM game. But the voters, and rightfully so, rewarded a team-Florida-who had WON their conference, instead of Michigan, to play for the title. Had they not, Florida would have been denied their national title, which would have been a tradgedy, because they were clearly the best team in the nation when it was all said and done.

That's why I don't see Georgia going. NOT because they're not a good team. They are. But they really didn't win anything. A|nd you don't think LSU would rightfully scream bloody murder if Georgia went and they didn't-when LSU won the SEC title? Of the two, LSU clearly deserves to go, not Georgia.

I think, after sleeping on it, it comes down to LSU and Oklahoma.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 25):
Interesting to hear this coming from a fan of a team that played such powerhouses as Youngstown State, Akron, and even mighty Kent State High School...

Which was exactly my point, EA CO AS. BOTH schools had some mighty cupcakes on their schedule, so to say LSU is a lot better, in my mind, doesn't add up, especially since they damn near lost 3 other games.

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 28):
I think Kansas ought to go before Ohio State does

Based on only one loss, I agree. But they, again, didn't even play for the conference title, and that's going to hurt them. Theyre a darkhorse, but both Mizzou and Oklahoma would rightfully scream holy hell if Kansas went and they didn't.

Make it West Virgina vs. Kansas. Get some new blood in there.

WVa doesn't deserve it-not after losing to a pretty lousy Pitt team, the day BEFORE they select the teams. Not going to happen.
Work Right, Fly Hard

767Lover

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:44 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 29):
Nah...SC was ranked at the time and they have Spurrier at the helm.

Yeah-- On September 8th. How'd the rest of the season go for them?

I think Kansas ought to go before Ohio State does.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 30):
but both Mizzou and Oklahoma would rightfully scream holy hell if Kansas went and they didn't.

Kansas didn't even play Oklahoma during regular season. If they had I believe Oklahoma would have won. Kansas doesn't deserve it, Oklahoma does.

halls120

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:50 pm

Take a pill old man, I don't hate Ohio. I went to school in that state for 4 years by choice. I dislike Ohio State fans, plain and simple. I'm not the only one...

checkmark  I'll be rooting for whomever is playing against Ohio State.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 29):
is it because they think their team is annointed by the Almighty? Or because they immediately forgot the tyranny of Woody Hayes (RIP) and his antics in order to erect a statue and rosy up the memories?

add to the above all the stupid buckeye decals the playes stick on to their helmets. Reminds me of my kids coming home from school with a gold star on their homework.  stirthepot 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

tz757300

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 30):
WVa doesn't deserve it-not after losing to a pretty lousy Pitt team

I rightfully agree. Although, I have a conspiracy theory as of why we lost, but I won't get into that. I still can't believe we lost to a team that hardly near respectable.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Duff44

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Just a quick little tidbit...

I've seen both the updated Colley Matrix and Sagarin ratings, which are BCS computer components.

Colley: http://www.colleyrankings.com/scgi-bin/playgod.cgi
1) LSU
2) Virginia Tech
3) Georgia
4) Missouri
5) Ohio St
NOTE: Colley has not posted these on his front page yet

Sagarin: http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm
1) Virginia Tech
2) LSU
3) Oklahoma
4) Ohio St
5) Kansas
NOTE: The column in red is the rankings used for the BCS, those numbers do NOT include margin of victory
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

Tom in NO

Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:38 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 44):
I will avoid noticing too hard that you two are from NOLA....
and just say....
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Ian, it goes without saying that the two of us will be rooting like hell for the Bulldogs in the Sugar Bowl  wink 

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

tz757300

Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Quoting Decman (Reply 47):

HAIL TO PITT.

What, eat s**t Pitt, what?

Bottom line, WVU had everything to win and they fell on their faces

We did, we screwed up, I'll admit to that.

Hardly near respectable?

Yeah, hardly near resepctable is about right.

I really don't see what you are so excited about? You won by 6 points. If you won by say at least 20 I'd say you'd have a case, but 6 really isn't much in terms of that game. Plus, look at your season, you lost more than won. I'm sure that there makes you guys SO much better than us.

I'm sure you'll be hearing our famous chant against you at the BOWL GAME WE ARE GOING TO.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

decman

Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:39 pm

Quoting TZ757300 (Reply 51):
I really don't see what you are so excited about?

Really? I think by going to WVU you would know the rivalry between Pitt and WVU. The fact that Pitt, being huge underdogs, were able to go down to Morgantown and beat WVU and ruin their chance at the title was pretty exciting.

You won by 6 points. If you won by say at least 20 I'd say you'd have a case, but 6 really isn't much in terms of that game.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Plus, look at your season, you lost more than won. I'm sure that there makes you guys SO much better than us.

No, I wouldn't say that. WVU has built a great football program recently and Pitt has some catching up to do, which hopefully will happen soon.

I'm sure you'll be hearing our famous chant against you at the BOWL GAME WE ARE GOING TO.

Oh I'm sure we will hear that. We won't be hearing that chant from the National Championship game though - compliments of Pitt.

tz757300

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:39 pm

Quoting Decman (Reply 53):
I think by going to WVU you would know the rivalry between Pitt and WVU

Oh I do, and to that,heres to you...

Oh, I think I will end the conversation. Both of us will never win or lose this argument.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

767Lover

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 49):
Excuse me? Are we forgetting that SC was at one point ranked in the Top 10 and laid the smackdown on a damned good Kentucky squad that was getting a good bit of national recognition?

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 49):
but they were nowhere near as bad as you seem to think they were.

SC wasn't horrible. However, if Georgia fans are going to critcize the quality of other bowl contender's wins and losses, they need to look at their own. The "best team in the nation" should not lose to a team that could only win half its games, and only 3 of 8 in-conference matchups.

As a side note, the way Ga fans are moaning today about "having to play Hawaii" in the Sugar Bowl is just shameful. I hope Hawaii kicks their bulldog @$$,

dl021

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 50):
Quoting DL021 (Reply 44):
I will avoid noticing too hard that you two are from NOLA....
and just say....
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Ian, it goes without saying that the two of us will be rooting like hell for the Bulldogs in the Sugar Bowl

Tom at MSY

WOOF!!!

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 54):
As a side note, the way Ga fans are moaning today about "having to play Hawaii" in the Sugar Bowl is just shameful. I hope Hawaii kicks their bulldog @$$,

Hey...be nice...

Besides...playing Hawaii is simply a no-win proposition.....if you win then "well, you were supposed to win and WIN BIG! damnit because they are this little podunk team that ain't played nobody!" and if you lose (which is a distinct possibility due to the ability of that team to throw the ball and put points on the board...a June Jones hallmark) then you "LOST TO HAWAII!?!?!?!?!? WHat the HELL do you MEAN you lost to HAWAII!?!?!?!? They're a WAC team for GODS SAKE!!!"

It's a no-win proposition. Besides...I really really really wanted to root for the Rainbow Warriors. I'm pissed.