flipdewaf

Should I Feel Guilty About Using A Disabled Toilet

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Today I woke up and had a bit of a bad stomach (I had the squirts) but as it is nearing the end of term I thought I had best brave it and go to my lectures. I came out of my first lecture and really needed to go and the only WC within 100meters was a disabled one so I decided that it would be better to use that as I don't want it down my leg. When i came out there was a lady standing there who looked at me and said "you don't look very disabled to me" so i explained (obviously in a quiet tone) and she blerted out really loud "Its a Disabled toilet, not a diarrhoea toilet" making me feel somewhat stupid.

Should I feel guilty about using the disabled toilet or was this woman just being far too PC?

Fred

HAWK21M

RE: Should I Feel Guilty About Using A Disabled Toilet

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:28 pm

Given your options.....No big deal.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

NeilYYZ

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:31 pm

Sometimes shit happens... Sometimes quicker than one would like....
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

JCKastrup

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:33 pm

You should have dragged your leg in a weird angle walking away from the b*tch.........
Who the hell wants to fly to JFK? Nobody does, That's who!

Pope

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:35 pm

I love the disabled bathroom stall. It's got the built in newspaper holder.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

n710ps

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Quoting JCKastrup (Reply 3):
You should have dragged your leg in a weird angle walking away from the b*tch.........

Hahaha Yeah. I wonder how people can live like that with their nose up peoples asses all the time.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

airfoilsguy

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:41 pm

You should have told her to got F... herself. I can't stand self righteous b....s.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

Toast

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:45 pm

If you're shitting your guts out, I'd say you're very much (temporarily) disabled.  Smile
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

OHLHD

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:46 pm

Quoting Flipdewaf (Thread starter):
you don't look very disabled to me" so i explained (obviously in a quiet tone) and she blerted out really loud "Its a Disabled toilet, not a diarrhoea toilet" making me feel somewhat stupid.

Should I feel guilty about using the disabled toilet or was this woman just being far too PC?

You should have dumped one in front of her!  duck  Big grin No big deal if you ask me. Always use them at airports since they are less used and less dirty.  Smile

msnell

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Certainly not! Disabled toilet or not, when you've got to go - you've GOT to go! The Sh*ts is definately a pretty disabling affliction in my book! I've used the disabled toilet many times and although it's not something to be proud of, it happens. I take the pre-emptive measure of walking with a limp before and after (just in case some bitch is going to shout about it when I exit!).
Just think, she actually waited to shout at you (I'm presuming she was able-bodied), if that's what makes her feel good about herself then that's hilarious. These people just need to get a life.
On a side note, this reminds me of something that happened to me. There was a disabled kid at college (Wheelchair after a climbing injury), as we were good friends, I knew how far I could push him (no pun intended, honestly!) when it came to humour. Anyway, I opened the disabled toilet door for him one day and said (quietly, I thought) "don't piss on the seat". I thought it was funny, he said afterwards that he did too, unfortunately the IT technician behind me didn't. She called me insensitive and told me that what goes around comes around (hopefully she has people talking crap to her now too!). My friend made it worse by shouting from inside the cubicle "Leave me alone, your words are so hurtful!" - The b*stard!
Anyway, when he came out he explained my 'insensitivity' and told her that I wasn't as evil as she thought. She then lectured him about 'putting up with people like me'. He later told me that the biggest hassle in his life was 'putting up with people like her'. She went away safe in the knowledge that she was going to heaven and I was going the other way - which I suppose is a good thing for her. Having experiences like these has made me think that people who interfere with disabled people are just making them feel more disabled. They don't need do-gooders reminding them that they may struggle sometimes - but we all struggle sometimes - we don't need perfect strangers telling us about it.

flipdewaf

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 8):
You should have dumped one in front of her! duck

I had thought of that, I could have even fired it at her!

OHLHD

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:54 pm

Quoting Flipdewaf (Reply 10):
I had thought of that, I could have even fired it at her!

bigthumbsup   highfive   bigthumbsup 

rineanna

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Funny this should happen today; I was walking past the Toilets in the library in Uni this morning and there was a notice on the door of the diabled toilet with bold black letters stating "TOILET RESERVED FOR USE BY THE DISABLED ONLY" (or something to that effect), so you're obviously not the only one to do it!

I think the following sums up my answer to your guestion re: guilt though:

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 2):

airlinelover

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:58 pm

ROFL!!! That's true..

Quoting Toast (Reply 7):
If you're shitting your guts out, I'd say you're very much (temporarily) disabled.

Especially if it is trying to leak out before you get there.

Nothing wroing with using it if youv've gotta go. I'm sure the janitorial staff would thank you for using it rather then losing your sh*t in the middle of the floor..
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

rineanna

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:07 pm

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 13):
Nothing wroing with using it if youv've gotta go. I'm sure the janitorial staff would thank you for using it rather then losing your sh*t in the middle of the floor..

rotfl   rotfl  True!

As long as there wasn't anyone genuinely needing to use the facilities while you were in there, I don't think there's a problem (unless they too have the runs, then there's a big problem!

dvk

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:11 pm

That b**** needs slap therapy. If it were the only toilet available and she had diarrhea, she would have used it in a heartbeat. Some people just have to be a-holes whenever they have the chance
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

yowza

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:22 pm

Today I woke up and had a bit of a bad stomach (I had the squirts) but as it is nearing the end of term I thought I had best brave it and go to my lectures. I came out of my first lecture and really needed to go and the only WC within 100meters was a disabled one so I decided that it would be better to use that as I don't want it down my leg. When i came out there was a lady standing there who looked at me and said "you don't look very disabled to me" so i explained (obviously in a quiet tone) and she blerted out really loud "Its a Disabled toilet, not a diarrhoea toilet" making me feel somewhat stupid.

You're a terrible, terrible person. May you be struck with... joking. I see disabled toilets as disabled priority not exclusivity. I once worked in a building that had a separate disabled toilet (not just a disabled stall in a normal toilet) on every floor. Each floor also had a small men's toilet and a small woman's toilet for a total of 36 toilets. Thing was there was not a single disabled person that worked at the entire facility in the entire 8 months I was there. Ridiculous.

haha nice one.

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 6):
You should have told her to got F... herself. I can't stand self righteous b....s.

Agreed, disabled or not, there's not need to be a c**t.

YOWza

JGPH1A

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:25 pm

I don't see a problem with it. If there was no disabled person waiting to use the facilities when you came out, no harm no foul.

Same with parking spaces - if nobody's using it, and there's nowhere else to park, you are entitled to declare yourself officially handicapped (by a lack of parking spaces) and make use. I work in a building with at least 3 handicapped parking spots on each floor and in each lot, and no (none, not one, not even an ingrown toenail) handicapped people. I feel no guilt.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Tom in NO

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:32 pm

I'm with JCKastrup.....it's cool so long as you limp back out  wink 

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

ShyFlyer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:39 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 17):
I feel no guilt.

You should. There is a difference between being lazy and not wanting to crap in your pants.
I lift things up and put them down.

JGPH1A

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:44 pm

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 19):
You should. There is a difference between being lazy and not wanting to crap in your pants.

Why ? There's NOBODY disabled who needs to use the parking space (and I don't do it all the time, just when there's no other space) - they only have the spaces to comply with the law. I've worked at the company 6 years now, and I've never seen anyone working there in a wheelchair - this is France, for Christ's sake, if you get a runny nose they book you off long-term sick for 3 years. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, ever legitimately parks in those spaces.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

RJdxer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:45 pm

Should have looked at her and said something to the effect of "320 floor tiles, 20 by 16 yes that equals 320... you have two earrings and that is one plus one......not handicapped but i add real well......my mommy is here isn't she? Can you help me find my mommy?" She would have left a smoke trail.

I feel no guilt.

Some of us would define handicapped.....well....  duck 
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

JGPH1A

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:46 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 21):
Some of us would define handicapped.....well....

Beeyotch ! I'm built along traditional lines... grumpy 

N74JW

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 pm

Decide after you go, first things first...
rm -r *

ShyFlyer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 20):
Nobody, I mean NOBODY, ever legitimately parks in those spaces.

Yet.
I lift things up and put them down.

RJdxer

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 22):
Beeyotch ! I'm built along traditional lines...

And then molded for comfort!!!  wink 
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

JGPH1A

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:53 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 25):
And then molded for comfort!!!

Exactly ! And you're one to talk, Kate Moss. :-P

jamesbuk

RE: Should I Feel Guilty About Using A Disabled To

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:56 pm

I wouldn't feel guilty...

My understanding is that them toilets are for anyone, but they have the aides for disabled people... so disabled people know that there are the bars etc in there for them but anyone can use them. I've used them before and I didn't feel guilty, infact i felt better  silly 

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

dragon-wings

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:07 pm

I believe the Crippled stool is the Cadillac of the poopin' stool.

Signed,

Larry the Cable Guy

[Edited 2007-12-07 13:10:23]
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Mir

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 27):
My understanding is that them toilets are for anyone, but they have the aides for disabled people...

That's the way I look at it too. The disabled toilets are there in order to cope with the additional needs that the disabled have (larger stalls to accomodate a wheelchair, for instance), not to provide a toilet solely for the disabled. There aren't enough disabled people to make that economically viable.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

FlyDeltaJets87

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:35 pm

If I go into a restroom and the disable stall is available, I take it. It's more spacious and there's more room to set my backpack and whatever else I'm carrying down (usually farther away from the toilet, where I'd at least like to think the floor is a little less dirty).

I'm sure nearly everyone has been given the disable hotel room before.  biggrin  I always like it when the hotel gives you that room.

I would have probably just glared or maybe given her the finger. It's not like you parked in a handicapped parking spot.

Quoting Rineanna (Reply 14):
As long as there wasn't anyone genuinely needing to use the facilities while you were in there, I don't think there's a problem (unless they too have the runs, then there's a big problem!

But not MY problem  wink   silly 
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

srbmod

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:36 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 28):
I believe the Crippled stool is the Cadillac of the poopin' stool.

Signed,

Larry the Cable Guy

Exactly.

As long as there isn't a sign expressly forbidding non-disabled folks from using said stall or restroom, it shouldn't be a problem. If someone takes an issue with it, then they're just nosy busybodies with nothing better to do. Unlike with the parking spaces, there aren't any laws expressly forbidding the use of those stalls. There are times when those stalls may be the only ones available.

Another good plus about those stalls is when you need to take a power dump, you've got somewhere in which to really grip and squeeze. The ones that have their own sinks rule as well, as those never seem to be out of paper towels.

jafa39

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 pm

She was being an arse.

Quoting Toast (Reply 7):
If you're shitting your guts out, I'd say you're very much (temporarily) disabled.

Absolutely....I use them if there are no disabled people in sight regardless of my state of health as sometimes.....a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I used a ladies once when in a similar state of rottenness to your guts, they seemed to find it amusing  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

ferengi80

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 pm

How the f_ck is she to know you are not disabled? My partner is in a wheelchair, and this happens a lot to us, but I would never have a go at someone for it. The person may have a colostomy bag that needs changing, which you would never be able to do in a normal cubicle. Besides, when you've got to go, you've got to go!

I hope you left a really horrendous odour for the bitch to smell!
AF1981 LHR-CDG A380-800 10 July 2010 / AF1980 CDG-LHR A380-800 11 July 2010

Braybuddy

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Question: Has ANYONE on here ever seen a disabled toilet being used? (other than by able-bodied people?)

flipdewaf

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:11 pm

It was more the fact that I tried to explain the problem and she blerted it out really loud, thankfully I think having the squirts is quite funny and I'm not in the slightest bit timid (hence me being able to say on here) but if I had been very self conscious about it she could have really ruined my day.

Fred

ajd1992

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:55 pm

Not really, if you're going to shit all over the place, i'd say using a disabled loo is better than being embarrassed in front of a lot of people.

I do it at school, seeing as the only toilet the lads can use is the schools ONLY disabled toilet.

Go3Team

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 am

she blerted out really loud "Its a Disabled toilet, not a diarrhoea toilet"

I hope like hell you stunk it up for her.
Yay Pudding!

KLM685

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:39 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 34):
Question: Has ANYONE on here ever seen a disabled toilet being used? (other than by able-bodied people?)

Actually I just saw a disabled toilet used by a disabled person 4 days ago in Atlanta Big grin
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

bok269

Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:35 am

Unless there is a person wainting in a wheel chair, it is yours for the taking. I'll use the disabled toilet if there are no others open or if its the only sanitary one. The women who confronted you has some serious nerve.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

KevinL1011

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 am

It's a heckuva lot better than the warm feeling from pissing your pants.

shit happens

No it doesn't. It's a combination of many elements which are collected, ingested, compiled, collated, condensed and finally expelled. Shit doesn't "happen" from nothing. It takes shit to create shit. The most basic and fundamental law of shit is that shit cannot be created nor destroyed. You can only change it's state of matter. When "shit happens", it's usually because you didn't see it coming.  sarcastic 

Quoting Pope (Reply 4):
I love the disabled bathroom stall. It's got the built in newspaper holder.

AND a baby diaper changing table !

You should have told her to got F... herself

Is Tourettes Syndrome a disability?

Quoting Toast (Reply 7):
If you're shitting your guts out, I'd say you're very much (temporarily) disabled

How would you make your case. Show her your distended colon ?  beady 

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 13):
I'm sure the janitorial staff would thank you

Doubt it. They always blame the illegal aliens for messing things up.  Wink

If there was no disabled person waiting to use the facilities when you came out, no harm no foul.

Unless you pissed all over the seat and threw the TP into the toilet.  silly 

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 18):
I'm with JCKastrup

I'm with Tom in NO !

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 19):
There is a difference between being lazy and not wanting to crap in your pants.

So let's say you gotta crap your pants. There are 3 WC's together, one of which is for the disabled. 2 people are already in cue and one of them is that bitch lady. The disabled WC is the only one available. What would be the most PC, non offensive way to demonstrate that your personal need exceeds the others? Do you interview those already in cue and evaluate whose body functions are most imperative? What criteria do we use to define the threshold immediately prior to excreting "crap in your pants"?
I'm sorry but "being lazy" is difficult to quantify.  silly 

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 20):
There's NOBODY disabled who needs to use the parking space (and I don't do it all the time, just when there's no other space) - they only have the spaces to comply with the law. I've worked at the company 6 years now, and

...I put a video cam in my car to record all activity while I parked in the handicapped space without moving for a week and a half. I have the proof that nobody else needed or wanted to park there. Everyone was able to find a space somewhere else.  biggrin 

Quoting Ferengi80 (Reply 33):
How the f_ck is she to know you are not disabled?

A wise author once said;
"One thing you can't hide, is when you're crippled inside".  cool 
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

JGPH1A

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:49 am

Quoting KevinL1011 (Reply 40):
...I put a video cam in my car to record all activity while I parked in the handicapped space without moving for a week and a half. I have the proof that nobody else needed or wanted to park there. Everyone was able to find a space somewhere else.

Hey, I'm not Michael Moore ! :-P

KevinL1011

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:11 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 41):
Hey, I'm not Michael Moore

Oohh! Sorry JGPH1A!
Man, I didn't mean it that way. Apologies.  Smile

I was thinking more like....Allen Funt.  sarcastic 
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

JGPH1A

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:34 pm

Quoting KevinL1011 (Reply 42):
I was thinking more like....Allen Funt.

(Who he ? Ed.)

BR715-A1-30

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:49 pm

Quoting JCKastrup (Reply 3):

Reminds me of a flight I took 3 years ago. I was doing my normal routine, and this woman sitting next to me said "You shouldn't be taking pictures on the aircraft." So I told her "I do it all the time, and nobody has a problem with it..

Quoting N710PS (Reply 5):
Hahaha Yeah. I wonder how people can live like that with their nose up peoples asses all the time.

She then proceeded to call the flight attendant and had the nerve to tell him I was "scaring her"

I would have loved to.
Puhdiddle

Leezyjet

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:48 pm

Quoting Msnell (Reply 9):
Having experiences like these has made me think that people who interfere with disabled people are just making them feel more disabled. They don't need do-gooders reminding them that they may struggle sometimes - but we all struggle sometimes - we don't need perfect strangers telling us about it.

The same people that make up all this PC crap to avoid offending mintorities, when infact the minorities are actually MORE offended by the PC crap because of the assumption they would be offended by non PC things !!.

I've used the disabled toilet loads of times. I'll always check the normal ones first, and if they are full then use the disabled, but in the case of the OP, he more than had a good reason to use that one !!.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

FlyboyOz

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:23 pm

LOL! I've been to the disabled toilets many times because it's clean and no bad smell. In Vancouver Airport, there were too many men in the toilet and i could smell horribly and I couldnt stand there for too long and my stocmach was painful as hell and i need to find another toilet somewhere in the Vancouver Airport. So I had to get out and looked for it, When i saw a disabled toilet on the door, so i stopped that and decided to go there cos I dont want to walk a long way to find it. Then I went inside and found that it looked clean and no bad smell. So i went there...ahhh felt much better!

I saw a guy who is my friend coming out of the disabled toilet. He saw me too and felt so bad. I made him feel bad hahah! LOL! I was looking at him and wondering why he went there. He is not disabled. No you're not gulity about using a disabled toilet. It happened all the times.

Some of the airlines put the sign of the disabled toilets on the lav doors. Most normal pax can go there too.
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

bill142

Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:16 am

I've been to plenty of places where the only toilet is a disabled toilet. So no you shouldn't feel too bad.

L-188

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 am

You should have told her to got F... herself.

No, I think the "Shit Happens" response it the appropriate one.

And that isn't just because History Channel is showing Forest Gump right now.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

An-225

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:04 am

One time I used one to change into my non-rev clothes at the airport. Someone came and made a loud comment about it being a handicapped stall. So I told him that when I come out, he'll be eligible to use it  Smile.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.