ArmitageShanks
Topic Author

What One Drug Would You Try With No Consequences?

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:59 am

If you were able to try one drug what would it be and why?

Lets assume you would not experience any negative side effects after the experience. It would be like you never did it, except for the experience.

For me it would be LSD. I'd love to see what it was like but I'd never do it.

wilco737

RE: What One Drug Would You Try With No Consequences?

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:05 am

There would be NO drug I want to test... NO, not at all, nothing... NO chance...

WILCO737 (MD11F)
 airplane 

sunshine79

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 am

Quoting WILCO737 (Reply 1):
There would be NO drug I want to test... NO, not at all, nothing... NO chance...

That's exactly the same thing I was gonna say too.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

Jetsgo

RE: What One Drug Would You Try With No Consequenc

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:15 am

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 2):

Simply because you two are worried about the consequences it would have on your mind and body. This is only a hypothetical situation with NO consequences.

I wouldn't mind trying LSD. Maybe even heroin just too see what those addicts find so great despite its effects.

[Edited 2007-12-11 00:16:33]
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

wilco737

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:21 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 3):
Simply because you two are worried about the consequences it would have on your mind and body. This is only a hypothetical situation with NO consequences.

Even then I dont want to try NO drug... I just dont want it! I had so many friends trying drugs and they were acting so weird and werent themself anymore... and thats what I HATE about drugs! So no thanks! never ever!

Oh, and might I add: I have never ever tried a cigarette as well... Disgusting...

WILCO737 (MD11F)

[Edited 2007-12-11 00:23:03]

sandrozrh

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:22 am

Drugs? No, thanks, never!

Alcohol? Hell yes Big grin

jafa39

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:23 am

Love is the drug for me....  Wink
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

Jetsgo

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:33 am

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 5):

Both alter your mind, causing you to not fully realize whats going on. I fail to see the difference from just once, especially if there are no consequences.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 6):

dopey 

sunshine79

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:35 am

I still have no desire to try ANY type of drug. I see enough idiots during the summer f***ed out of their brains on drugs. The odd cigarette and a couple of glasses of wine are enough for me.

gordonsmall

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 8):
The odd cigarette and a couple of glasses of wine are enough for me.

Nicotine and Alcohol - not only are both drugs, they are two of the most addictive drugs you are very likely to get your hands on.

Slight hypocrisy methinks ...........  Wink
Statistically, people who have had the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

kiwiinoz

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:14 am

Quoting Gordonsmall (Reply 9):
Nicotine and Alcohol - not only are both drugs, they are two of the most addictive drugs you are very likely to get your hands on.

Slight hypocrisy methinks ...........

Completely agree, and one would argue that they have done more damage to society than the rest of them put together.

For me, it would have to be heroin. Why arse about with the soft stuff? If there aren't going to be any consequences, might as well go all the way.

Someone else would have to stick the needle in though......

ZakHH

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:25 am

The whole public drug discussion is hypocritical to me. Not even the terms are defined logically. While rather harmless substances like THC are labeled as drugs, stronger stuff like alcohol is regarded like regular food, and heavily addictive stuff like nicotine (which is far more addictive than cocaine) is widely accepted to be included in most tobacco products.

In a nutshell: if you occasionally smoke tobacco joints, then the tobacco is probably more dangerous for your health than the marijuana.

Yet still, cigarette smoking is stll more or less acceptable on a public level, while marijuana smokers are regarded as drug addicts.

I for myself try to maintain a well-balanced state of mind without the use of narcotics. That way, I can really enjoy them when I would occasionally consume them (usually good red wine, a single malt, a good cigar or some good weed for special occasions). But the golden rule for me is: as long as my life is not in balance, I will not consume any of them - not even beer.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

sunshine79

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 am

Quoting Gordonsmall (Reply 9):

Slight hypocrisy methinks ..........

Er, well, considering drugs are illegal and cigarettes and alcohol are not, I don't quite agree with you there. And I'm not addicted to them, as I say the odd one or two every no and then.

gordonsmall

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:48 am

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 12):
Er, well, considering drugs are illegal and cigarettes and alcohol are not, I don't quite agree with you there.

What gives you the idea that drugs are illegal? Whilst it might be true that SOME drugs are controlled by the legal system they are NOT illegal. Even drugs like heroin are used legally every day in hospitals all over the UK and the rest of the world.

You said .......

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 8):
I see enough idiots during the summer f***ed out of their brains on drugs.

Yet you're quite happy to consume alcohol, a drug which can have a much more dramatic effect on someone's body than even the harshest of narcotics. I spent a number of years as a nightclub doorman and given the choice of dealing with an aggressive drunk or some daft kid stoned out of his head, I'd take the stoner every time!

If your only reasoning for avoiding 'drugs' is that they're 'illegal' then you obviously didn't understand the question! The OP clearly stated that you had to consider the situation based on there being NO consequences.
Statistically, people who have had the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

kiwiinoz

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 am

Quoting Sunshine79 (Reply 12):
Er, well, considering drugs are illegal and cigarettes and alcohol are not, I don't quite agree with you there. And I'm not addicted to them, as I say the odd one or two every no and then.

Alcohol is illegal in some places....and the question of legality shouldn't really be a concern in a hypothetical question of, "no consequences"

Most Cocaine and Acid users are not addicted. The vast majority of cigarette smokers are addicted.

KROC

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 14):
Most Cocaine and Acid users are not addicted.

I'm pretty sure thats one of the most ignorant things I have ever read. I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't known one "casual" cocaine user. It always got a hold of them. Always.

sandrozrh

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 7):

Both alter your mind, causing you to not fully realize whats going on. I fail to see the difference from just once, especially if there are no consequences.

It's my ego and the thought of trying out drugs that drive me away. I swore to myself that i'll never try drugs, and i won't break that promise. If your opinion differs from mine, so be it.

For me no drugs, even without consequences, thank you very much.

ZakHH

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 15):
I'm pretty sure thats one of the most ignorant things I have ever read.

Not as ignorant as it may seem at first (though I don't know if I would agree with the word "most" either).

In fact, cocaine is quite soft in terms of physical addictiveness. If consumed pure, the physical consequences of occasional consumption are much less severe compared to consumption of alcohol, nicotine or even caffeine (when consumed in comparable amounts, that is).

However, cocaine is quite dangerous in terms of psychic consequences. Regular use of cocaine will change your personality quite rapidly. Especially the depression after the cocaine "high" can quickly lead to a psychical addiction.

Plus, the stuff you will usually get on the street is often impure, which will increase the health hazard both psychically and physically.

Thus, I would never recommend anybody to ever try cocaine (and I have not tried it myself, either). Still, as a matter of fact, cocaine is not as strong as many other narcotics (including alcohol, nicotine and caffeine) in terms of physical addictiveness.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

ogre727

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 15):
I'm pretty sure thats one of the most ignorant things I have ever read. I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't known one "casual" cocaine user. It always got a hold of them. Always.

I know pooeple who are casual cocain users. I am not lying, and it's not a friend of a friend. I assure you I am not wrong.

I agree that drugs are dangerous. They get hold of people and never let go. In the end it doesn't matter if there are casual users or not, it is MUCH more likely that you could become addicted to drugs like Cocaine, ecstasy, etc, that it's not smart to take the risk.

That is my opinion, though.
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea

halls120

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Thread starter):
If you were able to try one drug what would it be and why

Already had my one and only drug experience.

Back in college, I underwent a surgical procedure, and afterwards - for about 24 hours - I was given some pretty potent demerol as a pain reliever.

I still remember the second injection - at about 3am. The nurse came in because I was in considerable pain. Shortly after administering the dose, I floated halfway between the bed and the ceiling. Looking down at myself, I thought, man, you are in pain, but funny thing is, you don't really give a sh*t, do you? Sometime, when I hear the Tom Petty song "Learning to Fly," I recall that day.  Smile

Later that morning, I asked the doc to give me something a bit less hallucinogenic. He laughed and said no problem.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Sabena332

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:26 pm

When I was a student I worked as a bartender in a pretty famous disco. It was quite normally that you got every drug you want there and beeing the adventuresome guy, I tried of course every drug I could get there (I got stuff offered for free very frequently when I filled up the booze glasses of some dealers without charging). Back then, the area behind the DJ stand was always crowded with employees and VIP guests who smoked or snorted all kind of stuff.

Nowadays I don't touch any hard drug because they all suck. Drinking alcohol and smoking weed is already enough. I am glad that I didn't drift into the drug scene back then, several people asked me if I want to deal for them, I always declined despite I could have earned a shitload of money.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

ManuCH
Crew

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Quoting WILCO737 (Reply 4):
Even then I dont want to try NO drug... I just dont want it! I had so many friends trying drugs and they were acting so weird and werent themself anymore... and thats what I HATE about drugs! So no thanks! never ever!

That's my thought, too. I don't like the idea of not being myself, I always want to have full control of what I do. Therefore, no drugs for me, ever. Not even if it didn't have any consequences, and not even hypothetically.

Quoting WILCO737 (Reply 4):

Oh, and might I add: I have never ever tried a cigarette as well... Disgusting...

... and I thought I was the only one  Smile
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

Braybuddy

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:56 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 15):
I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't known one "casual" cocaine user

Really? I know several, and I've used it occasionally. It's not a drug I'd seek out, but in the right circumstances, with the right people, I would do a line or two.

Quoting Ogre727 (Reply 18):
I know pooeple who are casual cocain users. I am not lying, and it's not a friend of a friend. I assure you I am not wrong.

Agree completely.

There was a programme on TV here last night where they conduced a survey of 1,200 venues, mostly bars and clubs, and 92% of the premises had traces of cocaine in the toilets. So its use is much more prevalent than people imagine.

Getting back to the question the thread-starter asked: I'd love to try heroin if there were no side effects. I believe the hit is amazing.

I'm amused by the almost hysterical reaction above to drug use. As a couple of posters have pointed out, how many of these people drink or smoke?

mainMAN

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:24 pm

This is one thread I shouldn't get too involved in. My Mum asked me about 15 years ago what I'd tried, and I told her just about everything once. Which was the truth.

Maybe even heroin just too see what those addicts find so great despite its effects.

Let's just say, there's a very good reason why heroin is so very addictive.

LTU932

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 pm

There's only one drug that I've tried, and that's marihuana, though I'm also a regular cigarette smoker and have gotten drunk of a few occasions. Otherwise, even hypothetically, I wouldn't try anything else. So for me, if there was something else I'd do along with nicotine and alcohol, it would be Tetrahydrocannabinol, even though I don't like smoking pot because in my case, it makes me either sick to my stomach or gives me tachycardia.

I feel marihuana should be legalised, particularly because of its medicinal properties.

yooyoo

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:30 pm

Lets assume you would not experience any negative side effects

except for the experience

isn't that what "gets ya" ?
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

Dougloid

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:01 pm

For anyone that wants to try LSD, heroin, booze, etc etc, come on by here.

I'll be happy to whack you upside the head with a ball pein hammer because the result's going to be about the same.

crazy   crazy   crazy   crazy 
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

ArmitageShanks
Topic Author

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 26):
I'll be happy to whack you upside the head with a ball pein hammer because the result's going to be about the same.

Why do you say that?

Jesus Christ people... its a theoretical question. No need for all the hate.

Braybuddy

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:23 pm

ball pein hammer because the result's going to be about the same.

no   no   no   no   no   no 

Far from it . . .

WellHung

Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Not sure... PCP maybe??

Dougloid

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 27):

Why do you say that?

Jesus Christ people... its a theoretical question. No need for all the hate.

No hate involved, my friend. I am sorry that you thought that.

It was a statement of fact. You may not yet appreciate it but the human brain is a very delicate and finely tuned mechanism. Intoxicants fuck it up in mesne ways that take years to remedy if at all. The danger here is that when one is in the toils of such things it makes it nearly impossible to see how disordered one's thinking has become.

I've seen it from the inside out.

There is no free lunch here.

jafa39

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:09 pm

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 30):
There is no free lunch here.

Yup.....I have seen several people end up loopy through LSD and even more through smoking too much weed but the issue here is IF you could do it and not OD or get hooked what drug MIGHT people try??

I'd still go for love....love with no downside......yeah right!!  Smile

CaptOveur

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 5):
Drugs? No, thanks, never!

Alcohol? Hell yes

You do know Alcohol is a drug, right?

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 17):
In fact, cocaine is quite soft in terms of physical addictiveness. If consumed pure, the physical consequences of occasional consumption are much less severe compared to consumption of alcohol, nicotine or even caffeine

A good friend of mine happens to be a drug recognition expert instructor and he laughed his ass off when I read that to him. There is a reason posession of cocaine is a felony, no matter how little. Someone seems to think it's dangerous.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Jetsgo

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:28 pm

You're missing the point. The situation is completely hypothetical. I would never try any of these drugs in my real life. However IF there would be NO consequences as posed in this hypothetical situation, I would try some of them.

Braybuddy

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 am

Intoxicants fuck it up in mesne ways that take years to remedy if at all.

Intoxicants CAN fuck up your brain, but it's not a given. What the anti-drugs lobby conveniently ignore is that many people go through life, dabbling occasionally, and manage to live otherwise normal lives.

I find it amusing that people get hysterical when illegal drugs are mentioned, yet the same people consider alcohol or nicotine sociable and relatively harmless.

Strange.

TheCol

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 am

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 14):
Most Cocaine and Acid users are not addicted.

redflag 

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 28):

redflag 

If you ever make your way down to East Hastings, try to share that theory of yours with the prostitutes and homeless looking for some quick cash to fund their next hit.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 19):
I still remember the second injection - at about 3am. The nurse came in because I was in considerable pain. Shortly after administering the dose, I floated halfway between the bed and the ceiling. Looking down at myself, I thought, man, you are in pain, but funny thing is, you don't really give a sh*t, do you? Sometime, when I hear the Tom Petty song "Learning to Fly," I recall that day. Smile

Wow, that must have been some good shit!  bigthumbsup 
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

halls120

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:46 am

Quoting TheCol (Reply 35):
Quoting Halls120 (Reply 19):
I still remember the second injection - at about 3am. The nurse came in because I was in considerable pain. Shortly after administering the dose, I floated halfway between the bed and the ceiling. Looking down at myself, I thought, man, you are in pain, but funny thing is, you don't really give a sh*t, do you? Sometime, when I hear the Tom Petty song "Learning to Fly," I recall that day. Smile

Wow, that must have been some good shit!

It was unbelievable. It's been 35 years, and I remember it like it was yesterday.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

kiwiinoz

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:49 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 15):

I'm not sure, "the people you know" is a strong enough reference point to support a claim of ignorance.

Only about 30% of cocaine users are addicted. Big reason why drug dealers will attempt to graduate users to more addictive drugs to generate a more regular income from each client. 30% is still a lot of addicts, but weighed up against some drugs this is on the low side.

And anyway, in the context of the thread, who cares right? It's a "no-consequences" scenario. Addiction doesn't come into it.

Sabena332

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:50 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 22):
There was a programme on TV here last night where they conduced a survey of 1,200 venues, mostly bars and clubs, and 92% of the premises had traces of cocaine in the toilets.

They even found lots of traces of coke in the toilets of the German Bundestag. 'Nuff said!

Coke is a drug you can use in some special situations (it really helped when I had to work at the bar from 9PM till 6AM) but it is IMO already dangerous when you use it in non-stress situation, even more dangerous when you use it when you are alone. The stuff is simply to addictive thus I will never ever touch it again. I saw some people who spent almost all they had for this drug, one of them used to have a nice 3-Series BMW, nowadays he lives from the social welfare.

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 22):
I'd love to try heroin if there were no side effects. I believe the hit is amazing.

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 23):
Let's just say, there's a very good reason why heroin is so very addictive.

I've never shot it but took it through the nose, one of the best drug experience I've ever had. I took it once, then never again. Same as coke, both is way too addictive shit (at least in my book)!

I told her just about everything once. Which was the truth.

Same here!

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 24):
it makes me either sick to my stomach or gives me tachycardia.

Pretty normal when you do it once or twice. After a while you know how to deal with it.

For anyone that wants to try LSD, heroin, booze, etc etc, come on by here.

You have absolutely no clue what you are writing here. Every drug has different effects and it is not the case that every drug hammers you down. Try it first, then bitch or cheer for it. It is pretty ridiculous that people declare all illegal drugs as bad despite they have no clue what they are talking about. As mentioned above, alcohol and nicotine are not better than some of the illegal stuff.

Quoting WellHung (Reply 29):
PCP maybe??

Angel Dust (some kind of PCP) comes "funny" in combination with alcohol. I am still stunned that we all didn't jump from a friend's balcony on the 10th floor when we took it and downed a few bottles of booze beside.

One good tip for everyone who wants to try hallucinogenic stuff: Make sure that there is one sober person, this person could save your life!

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 31):
I have seen several people end up loopy through LSD and even more through smoking too much weed

As I already wrote in an earlier thread: Do not overdo it, then everything is ok. I am sure that you will fuck up on weed when you smoke it 24/7, the same for people who drink booze 24/7, or sniff coke 24/7.

If you do it moderate, you can live pretty normal with a lot of drugs.

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 32):
You do know Alcohol is a drug, right?

Absolutely right! As I wrote above, alcohol (and smokes) are very addictive, especially for kids because it is available on every corner at every time (at least here in Germany, ID checks are very rare). I could still kick myself's ass because I started smoking cigarettes once, the most useless thing I've ever did, it even doesn't make you high.

This is one thread I shouldn't get too involved in.

Good idea but I already told too much I think.

Patrick

[Edited 2007-12-11 16:58:12]
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

fumanchewd

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:54 am

I've only tried two illegal drugs.

LSD about 13 years ago at the age of 18. Never again.

I have done shrooms 4 times. The last time was 7 years ago.

Most people don't believe me that I've never tried pot. Especially with the people that I used to hang out with. Quite a few of them would keep OZ bags of 5 or 6 different kinds of bud around the house.

If I was camping with a coulpe of friends in a remote area......

Its fun every now and then. It doesn't make you smarter or dummer but its cool to feel and see an alternative reality for 6 hours or so. I know people that I can trust who get good unlaced shrooms once a year so I wouldn't have to worry about being poisoned. Shrooms only stay in your blood for 24-48 hours. They aren't bad for you if taken occaisonally.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

jfktowerfan
Crew

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:02 am

If you were able to try one drug what would it be and why?

Lets assume you would not experience any negative side effects after the experience. It would be like you never did it, except for the experience.

Thats easy....Heroin. The power this drug has over people is amazing. They all say they continue to do it chasing after that first high.

Corey
C'mon Man

Dougloid

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:06 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 33):

You're missing the point. The situation is completely hypothetical. I would never try any of these drugs in my real life. However IF there would be NO consequences as posed in this hypothetical situation, I would try some of them.

That's kind of like saying if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle.

As I say, I have seen it from the inside looking out, and that's about all I'd be willing to say on a public forum.

Braybuddy

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:08 am

Quoting TheCol (Reply 35):
If you ever make your way down to East Hastings, try to share that theory of yours with the prostitutes and homeless looking for some quick cash to fund their next hit.

Prostitutes and homeless have been around from the year dot. There are many reasons for both, and you can't blame them exclusively on illegal drugs.

Jetsgo

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:29 am

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 41):

Well, she would be, wouldn't she?

Dougloid

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:34 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 43):

Come to think of it you're right....what a thought.

Jetsgo

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:41 am

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 44):

Then I say get out there in that hypothetical world and thizzzzz.  Wink

jafa39

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:42 am

I think we know for sure now what the effects of drug-use on the brain are...  Wink

MCOflyer

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:17 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 6):
Love is the drug for me...

I approve of the above as this is my final answer. I am proud to be drug free. Yee haw.

Kinghunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

Dougloid

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:27 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 46):

I think we know for sure now what the effects of drug-use on the brain are...

Nahhhh....the effects wore off long ago, duuuuuuuuuuude.

I am uncommonly fond of fornication in all its various and sundry permutations, and good eating.

Those are my sources of endorphins these days. So little time, so much pussy.

Jetsgo

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:42 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 46):
I think we know for sure now what the effects of drug-use on the brain are

Guy 1: No, man, I'm just saying... I'm sayin', if-if you own beachfront property, right, do you own, like, the sand and the water?
Guy 2: Nobody owns the water. God owns - it's God's water.

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 47):

You mean you won't be trucking Donny Chimpo Reefer like Mr. Galacanocious or whatever his name is in Super Troopers?