PC12Fan
Topic Author

Thoughts On Hydroxycut And Other "fat Burners"

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:22 pm

As with any supplement, there are issue, and with any weight loss program, a proper diet and exercise is key. Yet I'm curious about this option. I definitely need to lose weight, but I am really one of those who has very little time for a good plan.

Any info is appreciated.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

B6JFKH81

RE: Thoughts On Hydroxycut And Other "fat Burners"

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:04 am

I doubt that it works anywhere close to what Dr. John Marshall (or whatever that little hottie doctor's name is) says. Meanwhile, before my surgery my surgeon put me on the South Beach diet to drop a few pounds. I had to stay on phase 1 longer than usual (as per DR's orders) and wound up dropping 25 lbs in about 6 weeks. Will I ever look like that Dr from the commercial...no. But, I feel a lot healthier and I am fitting in clothes I haven't been able to wear in months.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

phatfarmlines

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:00 am

Quoting PC12Fan (Thread starter):
As with any supplement, there are issue, and with any weight loss program, a proper diet and exercise is key. Yet I'm curious about this option. I definitely need to lose weight, but I am really one of those who has very little time for a good plan.

Any info is appreciated.

I don't think a fat burner is appropriate for you (designed for physically fit people trying to "cut" i.e. lose those last % of fat). I would offer other advise but given you have little time, have you considered a stomach strap?

cba

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:10 am

Basic diet rule: the only way to lose weight will be to burn more calories than you consume. So any diet plan will wind up leaving you slightly hungry. I don't know if those fat burners and other supplements work, but I don't think they're FDA tested either, so nobody really knows what they do in the long run to your health.

EWRCabincrew

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:55 am

I think they are marketing ploys to reel anyone into helping them line their coffers and pockets with your hard earned money.

A sensible diet (read: eating right) and exercise will help you lose weight.

If it is too good to be true, it usually is.
You can't cure stupid

kmh1956

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:39 pm

but I am really one of those who has very little time for a good plan.

It's not a question of time; all you need to do is to change your eating habits and add exercise to your daily routine. So...substitute fresh vegetables for greasy fries, fresh fruit for fattening desserts...strawberries and fat-free whipped cream (YUM!)...lay off the sodas, ease up on booze (if you drink)....that sort of thing.

I dropped two dress sizes in about 6 months simply by changing my eating habits.....as well as getting up after dinner and moving around instead of zoning out in front of the TV for hours.....I do sit-ups, crunches and hand weights, daily, at home. Will I ever be a size 2? No, but I'm a lot smaller than I was and rather than wearing baggy tops with sleeves, I'm tucking my shirts in and wore sleeveless tops for the first time in years...plus a drop-dead sexy "f*ck-me" dress to our company dinner.....

No drugs....I don't trust them. Most are caffeine-laden anyway. If you don't value a good night's sleep, go ahead....

[Edited 2007-12-13 05:39:45]
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

ac888yow

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:46 pm

definitely need to lose weight, but I am really one of those who has very little time for a good plan.

It takes no (or minimal) additional time to eat right. The secret to weight loss is not endless exercise. In fact you can exercise for hours a day, every day, and if you still eat crap (or over-eat) you will not lose weight.

You must correct your diet to lose weight. If you are overweight or obese, you either either crap, eat too much period, or both. Once you have your diet solved you can look at adding some exercise that fits into your schedule. You'd be surprised how little exercise is actually required if you eat well.

Forget the supplements. Ask any doctor about this crap and the vast majority will tell you to stay the hell away from them. There is no miracle weight loss pill, liquid, or powder.

PC12Fan
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 4):

If it is too good to be true, it usually is.

It always seems to come back to this philosophy, doesn't it? Thanks for the input everyone. Rome wasn't built in a day so I guess I have some lifestyle changes to make. I just have visions of Tofu coming my way....  vomit 

laughing 
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

kmh1956

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Quoting PC12Fan (Reply 7):
I just have visions of Tofu coming my way....

NO!!!!!! That stuff is punishment from Satan himself....lifestyle change, not cruel and unusual punishment!!!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

beefer

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 pm

If you go to their website www.hydroxycut.com the woman on the front page (Stacy Stengel) is a High School classmate of mine.

I have not seen her for about 20 years so it was defnintely a suprise when I heard she was a spokeperson for Hydroxycut now. She was this tiny, thin person in High School so it does amaze me to see her before picture.

As far as the product itself, I personally think it is a scam like pretty much every other diet program is. Eat right and exercise is the answer, but it is much easier said than done.