trav110

10 Year Old Arrested For Cutting Food With Knife

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 pm

When I saw the title of this article, I thought it was going to be some sensational BS... Unfortunately, it's entirely accurate.  Yeah sure

http://www.local6.com/news/14857286/detail.html

707CMF

RE: 10 Year Old Arrested For Cutting Food With Knife

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:08 pm

Arresting a 10 year old girl for bringing a knife (without threatening anyone) at school ? insane indeed.

Having a 10 year old girl bringing a steak knife at school ? Heck, I hope my girl will have more sense than that nine year from now. A girl schoolbag is no place for a steak knife.

Cheers,

Mir

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Quoting 707CMF (Reply 1):
Having a 10 year old girl bringing a steak knife at school ? Heck, I hope my girl will have more sense than that nine year from now. A girl schoolbag is no place for a steak knife.

checkmark  Don't they have knives at school for use by the students?

Of course, arresting her and charging her with posession of a weapon is ridiculous.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

desertjets

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:26 pm

This is the problem when you have zero tolerance laws. You get stupid shit like this happening.

that said I still wonder why a 10 year old kid needs to bring a steak knife to school to eat lunch. And what kind of lunch is this kid eating where you need a steak knife????
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

L-188

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:39 pm

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 3):
This is the problem when you have zero tolerance laws. You get stupid shit like this happening.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

You can pretty much check common sense at the door when you have those laws.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Mir

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:47 pm

And what kind of lunch is this kid eating where you need a steak knife????

If it's steak, I should have gone to the school she's going to. I would have killed for steak lunches in 4th or 5th grade.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

graphic

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):
Don't they have knives at school for use by the students?

They do, but the plastic cafeteria knives they give out these days could never cut through whatever it is that they call meat that they serve, it might as well be concrete.
Demand Media fails at life

Daleaholic

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 am

Quite irresponsible of the parent/guardian to allow her to have the knife (if they knew). On the other hand, Arresting a 10 year old?  rotfl  surely teachers could have taken the knife off her and told her not to do it again...

The more worrying thing is... who's the fuckin dumbass who called the police?  Yeah sure
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

lehpron

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:01 am

Is it me or is everyone paranoid about kids thesedays? I know the school shootings are a disturbing trend, but to take an alarmist position and think any kid is just as guilty to the point where a kid thinks a knife is a knife and treat it like "reasoning" for causing panic is unfortunate.

It's like some people want to be the first to spread a rumor, some folks subconciously want to brag they were the ones to stop this kid from causing harm, whether it was going to happen or not.

I think some people watch too much news and drama.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

MD11Engineer

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:07 am

Quoting Daleaholic (Reply 7):
Quite irresponsible of the parent/guardian to allow her to have the knife (if they knew).

I assume she simply took the knife out of the kitchen drawer and picked a knife she would know was sharp enough to cut her food.

When I was about 9 years old, my father gave my brother and myself each a big pocket knife he brought from a business trip to Spain. For us the knives were tools, to be used e.g. for whittling or cutting food when hiking or camping (since my father, a geologist and palaeontologist, used to take us on his expeditions when we were small and didn't have to attend school full time, we were quite used to living outdoors, including trips into the Sahara desert).
One day I brought the knife to school to show it to my classmates in prima,ry school. One boy took it and started playing some stuff he had seen on TV in some police movie and held the knife against the throat of one girl (At this age, my parents were quite strict about what we were allowed to watch on TV and action movies were definitely not included).
The girl, crying and afraid, told the teacher, who confiscted the knife and sent a letter to my parents. My parents told me off for bringing the knife to school, but also told the teacher that for us a knife was not considered a weapon and not to be used as such, but a tool. They also picked up the knife in school and returned it to me, making me promise never to bring it to school again.
I still carried it when we went playing ouside, again as a tool, which was ok for my parents.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Jetsgo

RE: 10 Year Old Arrested For Cutting Food With Kni

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:08 am

Stupid useless zero tolerance laws at work here. This child was posing NO THREAT to anyone, which begs the question:

who's the fuckin dumbass who called the police?

Christ people, take the knife away, send a note home, give her detention, do whatever. But call the police? Fucking morons.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

AirframeAS

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:21 am

Now that this poor girl is now in the system, shes probably screwed for life....with a felony! Some people need to be bitch slapped back into reality!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

SmithAir747

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:24 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):

When I was in elementary school and junior high in our local public school system in the 1980s, there were no knives, whatsoever, for the cafeteria lunches. All they had were forks and spoons. They assumed you could bite and chew just about anything.

However, I found some of the school lunches extremely difficult to bite or chew--because, with a craniofacial condition, my mouth does not bite or chew anything hard at all well. In fact, eating has always been a dangerous procedure for me (so I eat a totally soft diet).

Back then, I would have killed for a knife to cut the rubbery pizza crust (or what passed for pizza crust back then)!

I doubt that many schools (if any) have any kind of decent knife to cut food with. Have they ever?

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

MD11Engineer

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:58 am

Doesn't the police or latest the prosecutor have the power to drop the charges? There must exist a little bit of common sense!

Jan

deltagator

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:02 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 13):
Doesn't the police or latest the prosecutor have the power to drop the charges? There must exist a little bit of common sense!

That is most likely what will happen on the criminal level. Unfortunately at the school level the girl will probably be expelled and the reasoning, or lack thereof, will be that the school board doesn't want their teachers and administrators to think on a case by case basis because that might be just a bit too much to expect from them.

Zero tolerance rules = zero thought

I'm already saving money to make sure my kid goes to a good private school versus putting up with stupid crap like this stuff that seems all too common these days.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Maverick623

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:47 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 11):
Now that this poor girl is now in the system, shes probably screwed for life....with a felony! Some people need to be bitch slapped back into reality!

As far as the criminal system is concerned, any record that she would get as a minor (guarantee the prosecutor drops the charges) would be expunged when she turns 18.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 14):
Unfortunately at the school level the girl will probably be expelled and the reasoning, or lack thereof, will be that the school board doesn't want their teachers and administrators to think on a case by case basis because that might be just a bit too much to expect from them.

Unfortunately so. Luckily, most colleges don't look back to the elementary school days for disciplanary actions. I hope this girl's life isn't made harder.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

LASoctoberB6

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:52 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):

Nope.. We have fancy Sporks..  Confused  expressionless   eyebrow 
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

scbriml

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:54 am

IMHO the thread title is slightly misleading. She was arrested for bringing a steak knife to school.

As far as I can see there are two, frankly stupid actions here - the girl bringing a steak knife to school and the school escalating the incident to the police.

She probably would have had less of a problem if she'd brought a gun to school. wink 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

alberchico

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:18 pm

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 17):
As far as I can see there are two, frankly stupid actions here - the girl bringing a steak knife to school and the school escalating the incident to the police.

A ten year old is probaly not aware of all the school acts of violence and all the paranoia that exists and probaly thought it was not that big of a deal to bring a knife to school to cut your meal with.....

Second this child probaly saw her mother use the knife to prepare and cut food many times, so in her mind the knife is a good tool for preparing snd eating food. She probaly dose'nt associate the knife with murder or violence like most people do....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

bagpiper

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

I always carry a pocket knife with me, everywhere I go. Its a pain to remember to take it out of my pocket before going on school property or other "Zero Tolerance" zones. Thing is, I also keep a knife in a backpack with other tools etc for emergencies in the back of the car. I guess I'm breaking the law every time I park my car in the parking lot to go to a football game, drop a kid off at school, etc.  Yeah sure

Out of curiosity, I emailed the contact person on my county website asking about laws regarding pocket knives (mine is a 3.5" blade, with a serrated base) and where and where it is not allowed. The email bounced back. I tried calling - never got an answer. So here they are, promoting the public unawareness, yet somebody gets screwed over if they're caught in a no-no zone with a knife, whether or not there were signs.

Lovely.

MD11Engineer

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:12 pm

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 19):
Thing is, I also keep a knife in a backpack with other tools etc for emergencies in the back of the car. I guess I'm breaking the law every time I park my car in the parking lot to go to a football game, drop a kid off at school, etc. Yeah sure

What about the axe and the prospector's pick I always carry in my truck (together with a wood saw, a bolt cutter, a flash light, a strong tow rope and other tools, including a knife) ?

Jan

desertjets

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 20):
What about the axe and the prospector's pick I always carry in my truck (together with a wood saw, a bolt cutter, a flash light, a strong tow rope and other tools, including a knife) ?

Jan

Clearly that makes you a serial killer with all that stuff in your truck.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

N1120A

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

You can pretty much check common sense at the door when you have those laws.

Unfortunately, it is a product of the Right Realism that dominates our criminal laws and the fact that people vote for politicians who are "tough on crime" which means we never get a net reduction in penalty levels.

Quoting Lehpron (Reply 8):
Is it me or is everyone paranoid about kids thesedays? I know the school shootings are a disturbing trend, but to take an alarmist position and think any kid is just as guilty to the point where a kid thinks a knife is a knife and treat it like "reasoning" for causing panic is unfortunate.

A 10 year old with a knife is far different from a 17 year old with a gun.

Now that this poor girl is now in the system, shes probably screwed for life....with a felony!

Almost certainly not. Her age will prevent any sort of discoverable record, even if she is taken all the way through a prosecution

Doesn't the police or latest the prosecutor have the power to drop the charges?

Of course they do. Then again, the police were stupid enough to actually affect an arrest here, so it may well be up to the prosecutors to show sense here, which I see them doing.

I emailed the contact person on my county website asking about laws regarding pocket knives (mine is a 3.5" blade, with a serrated base) and where and where it is not allowed.

Carrying a knife is protected by the Second Amendment, just like carrying a gun is, and may only be regulated when in a public space, not completely banned.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

L-188

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:05 pm

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 21):
Clearly that makes you a serial killer with all that stuff in your truck.

Or a Lumberjack

Quoting N1120A (Reply 22):
Then again, the police were stupid enough to actually affect an arrest here,

They may not have had a choice in the matter.

it is a product of the Right Realism that dominates our criminal laws

Which in itself is a direct product of left wing activist judges who created the so called "Revolving Door" legal system.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

N1120A

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 23):

Sure they did. If they were under orders from higher brass, then that brass had a choice. If it was completely discretionary for the officers on scene, then they had a choice.

Which in itself is a direct product of left wing activist judges who created the so called "Revolving Door" legal system.

Absolutely not. Despite our system being based in the common law, sentencing has been based in statute for more than a century. In fact, the support of a system that favors less flexibility for judges has always been from rightist "activist" judges. Fortunately, the current Supreme Court found consensus in bringing back some flexibility in the federal system.

bagpiper

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:38 pm

Carrying a knife is protected by the Second Amendment, just like carrying a gun is, and may only be regulated when in a public space, not completely banned.

I was talking more about its rules for being carried. Sure, its legal, but how I carry it affects how legal it is. Is having it in my pocket mean its concealed? Stuff more like that.

N1120A

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:49 am

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 25):
Is having it in my pocket mean its concealed?

Yes it does. Then again, the rule for most jurisdictions is a 4 inch blade.

RIXrat

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm

I forwarded the TV story to some friends and one of them replied thusly. I can not wouch for the post's accuracy, but here it is anyway:

that's nothing. in your absence, the "zero tolerance" school has reached absurd depths.
at least in this case, it was apparently a real knife.
other kids have been arrested or suspended for bringing plastic lunch "knives," for having plastic knives in their cars in the school parking lot.

high school yearbooks were pulped because a graduating senior girl, planning to join the army, had a photo taken for her page of her astride an antique cannon outside an american legion post. another yearbook was censored because a kid who belongs to a fantasy medieval-pageant group was photographed in costume holding a sword.

the yale drama school briefly banned swords from historical plays, like shakespeare's, until the laughter grew too loud.
and then there are the first and second grade boys arrested on sex crime charges for kissing or hugging the little girls.

jafa39

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:56 pm

surely teachers could have taken the knife off her and told her not to do it again...

Now that would be far to sensible.....much better to ruin her life and make a crim of her at such a tender age....that way she will gow up with a healthy respect for the law.....NOT!!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

SBBRTech

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:22 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 10):
Stupid useless zero tolerance laws at work here. This child was posing NO THREAT to anyone, which begs the question:

Christ people, take the knife away, send a note home, give her detention, do whatever. But call the police? Fucking morons.

Whoever that was should get his/her ass arrested for wasting police resources.

This reminds me an episode in Italy some 10 yrs ago when a 6 yr old kid got arrested for financial crime: he didn't ask for a receipt after purchasing an ice-cream....  Confused
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO

airlinelover

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:36 pm

that said I still wonder why a 10 year old kid needs to bring a steak knife to school to eat lunch. And what kind of lunch is this kid eating where you need a steak knife????

From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317202,00.html

School officials say the Ocala 5th grader had brought a piece of steak for her lunch, and had brought a steak knife. According to the report, a couple of teachers took the utensil and called authorities, who arrested the girl and took her to the county’s juvenile assessment center.

Poor kid's gonna be emotionally scarred now.. Can't even eat lunch.
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

AirframeAS

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:51 pm

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 30):

I cannot begin to imagine! A result of a knee-jerk reaction all because of a no-tolerance policy. I say we do away with no-tolerance policies that make no sense beginning with THIS one (the steak knife).

airlinelover

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 31):
I cannot begin to imagine! A result of a knee-jerk reaction all because of a no-tolerance policy. I say we do away with no-tolerance policies that make no sense beginning with THIS one (the steak knife).

I'd say that's a good idea.. So much for dealing with things in an individual case-by-case basis.
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

deltagator

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 31):
I say we do away with no-tolerance policies that make no sense

So you're advocating no tolerance of no tolerance laws?  Wink
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

edelag

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 30):

That true. Ok, its not normal and right to bring a steak knife to school. But to take a 10 year old to Juvenile Assessment Center, is just cra*. The article states that she did not threaten anyone, fine take the knife, fine punish her, but not arrest her.

Can't imagine what the next 5 years of her life are going to be. Plus, this small incident will puruse her for the rest of her life.

Anyway, just my opinion before insults start flying.
It's not just the destination, it's the journey.

RIXrat

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:34 pm

Even the phrase "Juvenile Assessment Center" is very PC. In my day it was called "Juvenile Hall" and everybody knew what that was.

deltagator

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:43 pm

Quoting RIXrat (Reply 35):
Even the phrase "Juvenile Assessment Center" is very PC

Atlanta no longer has a jail but rather a Pre-Trial Detention Center. The name changed right before the Olympics so not to offend the sensibilities of our European visitors.  Wink

Quoting Edelag (Reply 34):
Can't imagine what the next 5 years of her life are going to be.

More school, boys, etc. Why should it be any different even with this incident?

Quoting Edelag (Reply 34):
Plus, this small incident will puruse her for the rest of her life.

Doubtful. Most likely the charges get dropped though she remains expelled and must finish her school year somewhere else. Even if the charges did result in a conviction it would fall under juvenile rules and not be made public after her 18th birthday (or is it 21st?)

airlinelover

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:54 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 36):
Doubtful. Most likely the charges get dropped though she remains expelled and must finish her school year somewhere else

She was suspended for 10 days.. not expelled.

MaidensGator

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:01 pm

The more worrying thing is... who's the fuckin dumbass who called the police?

The school jurisdiction where this occurred has a full time police officer assigned to every school...

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 15):
As far as the criminal system is concerned, any record that she would get as a minor (guarantee the prosecutor drops the charges) would be expunged when she turns 18.

You might think so.... but you would be wrong...

It's a zero tolerance situation that is no secret to the students or parents. Carry your steak knife onto a commercial plane and you'll get a similar result...

Then again, the police were stupid enough to actually affect an arrest here,

They had no choice...

As others have mentioned, this is a great example of why zero tolerance, mandatory punishments don't work....
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

AirframeAS

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:27 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 33):
So you're advocating no tolerance of no tolerance laws?  Wink

Now, that's an idea..... LOL! Me like!

MCOflyer

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:05 am

Quoting Graphic (Reply 6):

They do, but the plastic cafeteria knives they give out these days could never cut through whatever it is that they call meat that they serve, it might as well be concrete.

Agreed.

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 16):

Nope.. We have fancy Sporks..

I did not like those at all. As a matter of fact, I despise them since they can not cut crap.

Where is the school system going nowadays? I think this is BS and should only warrant a detention. Not a stinking felony.I hope her parents fight for this one.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

JakeOrion

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 am

I feel somewhat sorry for the officer who had to respond to this call. You know he/she is going to catch some type of hell for this.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

Bongodog1964

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:11 am

Of course she had committed a heinous crime; as any Brit visiting the USA will observe; Americans do not know how to use a knife a the dinner table, all food is bludgeoned apart using the side of the fork, and then shovelled into the mouth. Thus by default the knife was not for culinary purposes !!!!

In civilised parts of the world, the custom is to hold the fork in the left hand, the knife in the right hand, and be able to operate both at the same time.  Big grin

AirframeAS

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:25 am

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 42):
Of course she had committed a heinous crime; as any Brit visiting the USA will observe; Americans do not know how to use a knife a the dinner table, all food is bludgeoned apart using the side of the fork, and then shovelled into the mouth. Thus by default the knife was not for culinary purposes !!!!

It shows you have no clue as to what the hell you are talking about. She was USING the knife to cut a piece of steak! Did you even READ the article?! What's the matter with you?!

WestJetYQQ

RE: 10 Year Old Arrested For Cutting Food With Kni

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:42 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 10):

That was a fucking dumb thing to do.

Really...... people need some common sense.

Quote:
The 10-year-old girl, a student at Sunrise Elementary School in Ocala, was charged possession of a weapon on school property, which is a felony.

For god sakes... people need to learn the difference between a tool and a weapon. If I was to put my pencil through someones eardrum it's a weapon is it not? So why are we allowed pencils in schools? What about the desks? I could just as easily throw one across a room and knock 3 people unconscious. What about the damned baseball bats in the gym? Could I not crack open someones skull in about a half second? So why not a knife? Anyone could do as much if not more damage with a baseball bat than what was probably actually a fucking butter knife, let alone a steak knife. The scissors in art class are only a tool until some gets they're eye sliced open. (This almost happened to me)  Yeah sure

I always carry a pocket knife with me, everywhere I go.

Now think about this... How many high school students carry a pocket knife at school nearly every day, especially out in the boon docks here? I know I do. Probably 75% of the students at my school carry a knife of some kind. The same with lighters. They're a tool too, but you can use them to torch the building and that turns it into a weapon.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 14):
Zero tolerance rules = zero thought

Anything that can be used as a weapon, is a weapon. That's what the schools say for matters like these. So why are the staff allowed to drive cars? Couldn't they just mow down as many students as they wanted to?

People need to smarten up. It's only a weapon if it's being used like one.  Angry

[/rant]
Carson
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

RJdxer

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:43 am

Yes, the prosecutor can decide not to act, the police don't have a choice but to act once the school has called them. It's part of the zero tolerance law they have there.

Unfortunately, it is a product of the Right Realism that dominates our criminal laws and the fact that people vote for politicians who are "tough on crime" which means we never get a net reduction in penalty levels.

Disagree, it's more part of the leftist agenda which has also done away with any kind of physical activity at recess which might involve a child accidentaly being injured. There are a lot of schools now where kick ball and other such activities have been banned because someone might get hurt. Rightist realism would dictate that every child be armed!

Of course they do. Then again, the police were stupid enough to actually affect an arrest here, so it may well be up to the prosecutors to show sense here, which I see them doing.

I saw the Sheriff whose department dealt with this interviewed. According to him the child was not actually "arrested" but issued a ticket (or writ?) on the spot. School rules say that once a child has been taken out of the class, or lunchroom in this case, they are done for the day. School officials could not contact a parent immediately for whatever reason so the child was transported down to the juvy center until a parent could be contacted and they picked the kid up there. According to the officer the child was never technically "under arrest". Also according to him, because of he way the law is written the police departments hands are tied in the matter, they must write the ticket or writ or whatever he called it and forward the information to the prosecutor for further action. The child may face charges up to a felony or no charges may be filed. Here's a link to a further explanation of what happened.

http://www.wftv.com/news/14858405/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

MD11Engineer

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 45):
Disagree, it's more part of the leftist agenda which has also done away with any kind of physical activity at recess which might involve a child accidentaly being injured. There are a lot of schools now where kick ball and other such activities have been banned because someone might get hurt. Rightist realism would dictate that every child be armed!

I disagree. I think the rules banning physical activity were mostly made up in reaction to the fear of being sued by the parents if something happened to a child while being in school.
Though there are some leftwing paedagogic theorists, who want to ban anything competitive from schools, as it acts against children learning solidarity" (e.g. the antroposophic school movement of Rudolph Steiner banned playing soccer in schools).

Jan

CupraIbiza

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:15 am

I have to respectfully disagree. Bringing the steak knife to school cant be classed as a stupid action, especially if you are also classing calling the police a stupid action. One is the act of a slighly (and to be expected) thoughtless child, the other the premeditated act of an ignorant, anally retentive, self loathing, wanker.
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

MaidensGator

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 41):
I feel somewhat sorry for the officer who had to respond to this call.

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 45):
the police don't have a choice but to act once the school has called them.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, nobody called the police. The police were already there. The school district has a 'School Resource Officer' assigned to every school, every day....
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

ME AVN FAN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Quoting 707CMF (Reply 1):

Possibly not exactly ideal, but to accuse that girl of lack of sense is wrong. I might rather accuse those who acted against her about lack of common sense. In Switzerland, school-boys are expected to have an "army-knife" with them virtually all the time. And whenever youth-crime exists also in Switzerland I never heard about "security-problems" resulting from this.
-
No, to me the authorities in Orlando/FL are on the same level as those in Khartoum/Sudan. Ridiculous !