D L X
Topic Author

Where's Mercury Morris?

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:03 pm

With the Patriots 15-0, I'm very surprised that we haven't seen Mercury Morris out talking trash every day. Has he, like everyone else, accepted the inevitable? That the '72 Dolphins will no longer be the only team to go undefeated?

aa61hvy

RE: Where's Mercury Morris?

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:08 pm

Quoting D L X (Thread starter):
That the '72 Dolphins will no longer be the only team to go undefeated?

I love that guy, never have I seen such a bitter sports player...I can't say who is the better team... I liked Greise's (spelling?) approach better. "We are on top of the mountain, there is always room at the top for more people."

Mercury Morris is like a male version of Wanda Sykes loud mouthed and obnoxious. But he was a hell of a player.

My question is: who can stop the Pats?
Suggestions:
-Indy
-Jags
-Pack
-Dallas

I think the Pats can run the table. Do I think they will? I'm on the fence about it.
Go big or go home

huskyaviation

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:20 pm

What I'm interested to see is if the 16-0 Pats don't go on to win the Super Bowl. What then? 16-0 is only going to get you so far; you've gotta go 19-0 to seal the deal.

[Edited 2007-12-24 08:21:01]

bhmbaglock

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 1):
I think the Pats can run the table. Do I think they will? I'm on the fence about it.

I am of the opinion(hopeful) that they'll go down in the playoffs. Of course if they make it through the 1st round and are 17-0 or 18-0 before losing, there will be a lot of different opinions about whether their accomplishment will be more impressive than the 72 Dolphins.

Where's Mercury Morris?

Just guessing, doing bong hits with Ricky Williams.
Where are all of my respected members going?

srbmod

Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:55 pm

With the Patriots 15-0, I'm very surprised that we haven't seen Mercury Morris out talking trash every day.

He's been running his mouth the last few weeks on ESPN:

PC12Fan

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:15 pm

They ain't 19-0 yet.  mischievous 

stirthepot 
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

aa61hvy

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:47 pm

ESPN/Parcells is matching them up with the best teams of all time in the NFL. Just had the Pats v. the '72 Dolphins
They said the Pats sneak by as the Dolphins D line can't penetrate the Pats' O line.

Next is the Pats v. The '75 (?) Steelers.

I am hoping they will also match up the Pats vs. the ' 80 something 49ers and then the early/mid 90's Cowboys. I think the 49ers would get beat vs the Pats, but the Cowboys would win. Honestly, the 90'srnCowboys were awesome, the best Offensive line of all time, bar none. Irnthink the average stats for an O line guy for Dallas was like 6'5''rn360lbs, absolutely massive. Plus Emmit, Troy, Irvin, and everyone else. But I am a little bit biased  Smile
Go big or go home

srbmod

Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):
Honestly, the 90'srnCowboys were awesome, the best Offensive line of all time, bar none.

If they were going to match up a Patriots team against the 1990s Cowboys, wouldn't the 1985-86 Patriots be more appropriate? There's a reason why the Cowboys of that era have been referred to as South America's Team....  duck 

aa61hvy

Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Parcells had compared the '75 Steelers vs. the Pats.. He did not flat out say who would win, but did say something on the line of, these guys would match up best against the Pats. It seemed like the Steelers had an answer for everything the Pats could throw at them.
Go big or go home

slider

Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:03 pm

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 4):
He's been running his mouth the last few weeks on ESPN:

I've said it before, I'll say it again--I want the Pats to do it just to shut up the Dolphin vets. The 72 Fish are the most insecure championship team of all time. It gets old after a while listening to Morris, Buoniconti, et al yammering on and on.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):
Honestly, the 90'srnCowboys were awesome, the best Offensive line of all time, bar none.

Lombardi's Packers. Bar none.  Wink

PC12Fan

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 9):
I've said it before, I'll say it again--I want the Pats to do it just to shut up the Dolphin vets. The 72 Fish are the most insecure championship team of all time. It gets old after a while listening to Morris, Buoniconti, et al yammering on and on.

Atypical of the media, you can point the finger at them for these types of reactions, or rather, over reactions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...don_shula_slide_about.html?ref=rss

http://snopes.com/sports/football/miami72.asp
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!