MCOflyer
Topic Author

Christmas Day Trip To Ormond Beach

Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:57 am

Today for Christmas I decided to broaden my horizons by going to see my moms side of the family in Ormond beach, FL. My sister and I had decided a couple of days ago to meet at the 7-11 by my house and I would follow her up. Early in the morning I woke up and decided to pre-check my car. Everything went fine except my oil was a little low. After putting oil it was time for a little sleep. At 0900 I woke up and got myself prepped for an exciting Christmas day. At 1050 I left my apartment for the 7-11. Just as I got in, my sister informed me she would be late.

My sister arrived 30 min later and after a 10 min pit stop, we were was underway heading up 95 at a average speed of 75mph. We had lost time and I was eager to make the duration on the road as short as possible. During the drive I thought about what I would say to my fellow family member about this year. Anyways, after 1hr of driving on 95, we reached the exit. Hip hip hooray. Finding the house was a chore itself as map quest is not accurate. Had we had the proper directions, we would have taken less time getting there.

When we got to my cousins house, I conned the area looking for anything to do before the gift exchange. Overall, my cousin, the host had carefully planned this fun filled day went by. Besides eating food, I watched the husband of the wives play hose shoe (forgive me I do not recall the name of this game). After that, my cousin decided to start the gift exchange.

How it works: You draw a number from hat and the person who has lowest number goes first. You can not pick the gift you brought up. You can steal a gift from the person who possesses the gift. This person proceeds to A) pick a new gift or B) steal a gift. When the last present is opened, the game ends.

I winded up with a $50 gift certificate to borders a planner, a new address book, and a lotto ticked. Overall, I loved this type of present as one is not greedy.

After this, we all sat down and ate except for me as I had eaten a crud load of garbage while driving up. It was around 550 when I left and in the end, I happy for this expierence as it was fun and it was unlike any other activity I had participated in.

Sorry for lack of pics, my camera had a dead battery.

Hope you like the report.
Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

Jpax

RE: Christmas Day Trip To Ormond Beach

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:19 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Thread starter):
Early in the morning I woke up and decided to pre-check my car.

Aren't you driving a Caliber? I know it's a Dodge, but you need to "pre-check" it before you drive it?  confused  There is no need for you to be checking an economy car before you drive it. I can understand before driving long distances, but you weren't exactly driving across the country here...  Wink

Everything went fine except my oil was a little low.

So your relatively new car is leaking oil? Burning oil?

After putting oil it was time for a little sleep.

You got up early to "pre-check" your newer economy car which is leaking oil, then went back to sleep? Interesting Christmas Day priorities...