HAWK21M
Topic Author

Kids & New Year.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:03 pm

An Interesting Scene occurs at Bom around this time.When poor kids holding Small tin cans with openings for coins go around the streets requesting folks to contribute to their 31st Dec Party.

I asked a few kids what they would do with the cash collected & They said they would pool it together with the rest of their friends,pick up some snacks,burn an effigy of the old man they cart around & place a board on it which said Goodbye 2007,welcome 2008.

They seemed very happy with the idea,& to them it was the best thing that would be happening.So I added to their kitty & went along.

Its amazing how kids can be happy with so little.
Thought I'd share this.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

airfoilsguy

RE: Kids & New Year.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:36 pm

These must be Indian kids.

In America, kids dress in all black with white face paint and whine to there parents that they want the newest video game. If their parents don't but the video game the kids light the neighbors cat on fire and shoot up the school.

American kids are never happy with what they have.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

SBBRTech

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:56 pm

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 1):
American kids are never happy with what they have

I think you can extend that to include the rest of the continent's middle and upper classes kids...they are never ever satisfied.
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO

sudden

Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting SBBRTech (Reply 2):
American kids are never happy with what they have

I think you can extend that to include the rest of the continent's middle and upper classes kids...they are never ever satisfied.

How about the rest of the world!? Kids today, mine included, are very spoiled and materialistic.
Not that I have lost the upper hand on this, but looking back to when I was a child, it is just not the same anymore. Everything is about Xbox, PS3 etc.
I love games like these myself, but I so not let it run my life, or my kids for that matter.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

HAWK21M
Topic Author

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:01 pm

American kids are never happy with what they have.

Most Countries Well to do Kids are that way.They get everything they want.Its the same out here too.
The difference is these are poor Kids,Hence the Satisfaction level described.  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)