ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Dollar Rental Car The Final Thread

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Reference These Threads:

Rental Car Debacle (by ANCFlyer Sep 11 2007 in Non Aviation)
Rental Car Debacle - Part 2 (by ANCFlyer Nov 14 2007 in Non Aviation)

Just got a call from a lovely lady in the Executive Offices at Dollar.

Dollar has capitulated. I will be receiving a refund.

The claim was that it was an accidental 'mileage' charge, not a towing bill. Interesting that the Collection Agency they sent after me specifically said it was a towing bill.

After all this, other than the letter I wrote and the letter my attorney wrote, there is still nothing in writing from Dollar. My attorney did make a demand today for a letter from them closing out this fiasco.

So, hopefully, the Dollar Rental Car disaster is at a close. Not that anyone here but me gives two hoots . . . wink 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

luv2fly

RE: Dollar Rental Car The Final Thread

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Well like Travis Tritt's song, "Here's a quarter call someone who cares"
You can cut the irony with a knife

davestanKSAN

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:41 pm

Glad ya got it worked out Pep. Now the folks at dollar can sleep peacefully and not fear the wrath of the hat, muwhahahaha.

Hope all is going well up in your neck of the woods.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

AirCop

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter):
My attorney did make a demand today for a letter from them closing out this fiasco.

If that letter should ever arrive, I would keep handy for awhile, to make sure nothing shows up on the good old credit report.

asuflyer05

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:17 am

Are you planning to sue for attorney fees?

ltbewr

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:28 am

Maybe you should have showed up at a local Dollar location with you BAFDT and threaten to ride 'Bigfoot' over some of their cars.  biggrin 
Rental car companies have really been finding ways to squeeze more profit and income from all customers by higher rental fees, refuling fees, early/late return fees, damage fees, fees for not taking LDW and other 'insurance' and so on. This is has become worse with higher taxes and fees for renters by local and state governments, irregular demand, less deals from car makers they buy cars from, higher labor costs, higher rents, higher franchise fees, higher fuel and energy costs and so on. Just be glad you stuck to your guns (literally?) and fought them. Most of the time, customers will just not fight back as don't have the time or guts.

National757

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:51 am

freshlove1

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:55 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 1):

2nd that.

dl021

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:56 am

Damn....that sucked for you. I guess you'll be using Hertz-me from now on?
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

AirTranTUS

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:39 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter):
So, hopefully, the Dollar Rental Car disaster is at a close. Not that anyone here but me gives two hoots . . .

We all know who not to rent from now and hopefully Dollar will lose some business because of their poor business practices. Glad to know you got it worked out though.
I love ASO!

stasisLAX

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:23 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 8):
I guess you'll be using Hertz-me from now on?

Hertz is an solid company with mostly Ford models in their fleet, but they have very expensive rates. I routinely rent from Enterprise at LGB and PHL and have yet to have a serious problem with them; and they usually have 25-30% cheaper rates than Hertz.

In fact, a couple of weeks ago I brought a Saturn Ion that I had rented from Enterprise at LGB back about 2 hrs past the usual 24 hour rental period, and they waived the additional hours fee without any problems because I was stuck in worse than normal traffic on the 405 expressway. I didn't ask them to waive the extra fee, they just did it themselves which I thought was excellent customer service. One negative point - the Saturn Ion totally sucked. Not enough horsepower, so-so gas mileage, loud inside, weird center-mounted dashboards with cheap plastic interiors. The car ran just fine and got me where I needed to go, but not a good driving experience.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

LASoctoberB6

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:51 am

Yay! Pep is gettin' what he wanted..

....Carmen, where is the bunny? I was gonna snatch it from an old thread, but ya took it down.. it would've been perfect for this thread, esp the one with Pep's hat..  Big grin
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:20 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 1):

Fortunate for me I don't listen to that drivel  sarcastic 

Quoting National757 (Reply 6):

Quoting Freshlove1 (Reply 7):

Couple three comics here . . . ain't that special . . .  sarcastic 

About how I feel about 95% of  redflag  you post here . . . guess that makes us even, eh?

Quoting DL021 (Reply 8):
I guess you'll be using Hertz-me from now on

I have a Hertz #1Club Card, also a National Emerald Card. I usually rent from National . . . never had an issue. I'll stick with them.

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 4):
Are you planning to sue for attorney fees?

Nope. Not worth that headache. If this had progressed into a court then that would have been the way to go.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 5):

The cost of renting vehicles is ridiculous. And it's not necessarily the Rental companies at fault. Local taxes are incredible as well. Anchorage has some of the highest . . .

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 11):
Carmen, where is the bunny?

Here ya go:

biggrin 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND